Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

No, I missed the reply. What's your eta on iso finish? I'd rather see a vote than the isos, personally.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:37 am

Post by whispersilk »

• DeityKabuto - town

It's difficult to get a good read on DK because of his play style, but after playing a full newbie game with him where he was town, I've come to recognise many similarities in his game play here. He is a volatile, but well meaning player. He does have a tendency to follow other people too easily, and while this is ok'ish in the case of following a confirmed town player, in this game where there are none, I feel he needs to avoid latching on to people, and voting the way they do simply because he likes them, or knows them from another game. I think he realises this as well, and I was glad to see him remove his vote from Ray early day 1, because he didn't understand the wagon, and he also admitted to just following Thor.

I like his original ISO reads because I felt the same way about quite a few players. However, he read Ray as being "pro-town", and then re-voted him, again looking to Thor for some kind of praise or attention for his show of loyalty. This is not good DK. You had Thor read as scum, but went along with his Ray wagon anyway. :neutral:

DK then made this post, but didn't remove his vote from Ray:

Thor you seem 100% sure he will flip scum on D1??? =/

That is actually suspicious in a way.

It wasn't until I posted my suspicions of TheFool, that he unvoted Ray, and followed me. Then he voted Thor.

Thor is active because he's most likely scum pushing on innocent town lynch (Ray). He is trying so hard, so let's get shit over our minds and lynch him.

I am the one who mentioned Thor and how is trying to quick lynch Ray with each post, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICES THAT?

Now despite DK's belief that Ray was town, and that Thorscum was pushing for his lynch, he then caved under Thor's post here, and hammered Ray any way. Normally, this would raise a huge red flag for me, but seeing as DK hammered someone in another game, who he also believed to be town and that scum were also pushing his mislynch, I can't take this as a scum tell.

I completely agree with this post from Ray on day 1:

@DK I really don't have much to respond to concerning your wall of content (or whatever) but I do find it interesting that you gave me a high "rating" (which I'm not really sure was a necessary system) and found me "leaning-town" and "pro-town" and yet are voting me over Thor who you gave a lower rating, found "leaning-scum" and "obv scum". I find it odd that you're bending to the will of whoever shouts the loudest. That to me does not seem like play of a strong town player. If you're not scum, which I don't really think you are, you are certainly a weak town player. And that kind of sucks.

I'd believe that DK would slip up badly while playing scum, and for that reason, and the fact his play is so similar to our previous game together, I'm getting a town read. He wants to help, and tries to help, but is often misguided (probably by scum), and I hope he can one day stand on his own two feet, and not rely on, or be pressured by other players into voting a certain way.

This post gives me hope:

D1, we sheeped Thor and ended up with a mislynch, I will not sheep Thor again on blindfaeth.

DK, I want to see more ISO reads from you as soon as you can get them up, and I want you to think carefully before placing your votes on people. If you think someone is town, don't hammer them just because the majority of people are sheep, and you want to fit in, or get praise or whatever. Don't give up fighting for something you feel strongly about. This game is not about giving in or giving up just because the odds are against something. I'm used to you now, and I actually think you're fun to play with. Can't wait to see you play scum tho :shifty:
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3