VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:27 am

Post by VitaminR »

Fuldu wrote:
VitaminR wrote:People? So far it's just me. And yes, pretty much. Why would he be lying?
Because given the potential numbers he's talking about:
Pie_is_good wrote:Reason - because we have 9 alive and 3 or 4 scum left, meaning someone's going to need to change something or else we are going to lose.
...a one-for-one tradeoff with the town player dying first would probably be pretty good for scum right now. Now, I don't think the numbers are quite as drastic as what he's describing, but I'm not going to vote without a bit more information. I'm not averse to the idea of Thok claiming, but I think he should do it without vote pressure, because it isn't clear that vote pressure is safe right now.
Seems overly cautious to me. Two votes on him does not spell danger. If he is speedlynched, scum will give themselves away. With the "SK" dead that does indeed mean lynch-or-lose tomorrow, but it'd be a completely unnecessary to take.

A one-for-one tradeoff might not be a blow to the scum, but it's certainly not that desirable a course to take. I admit that he could be lying, though. However, it seems unlikely to me.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:10 am

Post by Fuldu »

VitaminR wrote:Seems overly cautious to me. Two votes on him does not spell danger. If he is speedlynched, scum will give themselves away. With the "SK" dead that does indeed mean lynch-or-lose tomorrow, but it'd be a completely unnecessary to take.
My argument wasn't about speed lynching. If people believe Pie and the day drags on to lynching Thok, everything I said still holds. If today is lynch-or-lose, that would be the end, and if tomorrow is then lynch-or-lose, we can lynch Pie and make it to the following day, but then we'd have to get two lynches right in a row without any certainty of where to go.

That said, the last quoted sentence is interesting to me. We've been throwing around possible sizes for the scum group, but you've made a concrete statement that's only true if you
know
that the scum group is made up of three people. I don't know that, do you?

vote: VitaminR
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:18 am

Post by VitaminR »

I try to assume worst case scenario, because I think it's best to be prepared. That's why I always assume three scum in a 12-player game.

*shrug*
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:10 am

Post by Fuldu »

Sure, and that's the difference between "might mean lynch-or-lose tomorrow" and "does indeed mean lynch-or-lose tomorrow."
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:42 am

Post by StevieT92 »

VitaminR wrote:I try to assume worst case scenario, because I think it's best to be prepared. That's why I always assume three scum in a 12-player game.

*shrug*
You seem to sure to not be scum, and all the other attacks on you, so
unvote, vote:VitaminR
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:47 am

Post by VitaminR »

Eh? All the other attacks on me? Where?

Seriously, does this constitute a case against me?
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:30 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

FoS: People voting VitaminR

If we won't make Thok claim, I'll claim to put more solid evidence on him. I assume that I'm going to end up claiming anyways if we're ever going to lynch him, but if I do it after Thok claims I'll have a better chance of catching him in a lie.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:33 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Oh, I don't have a problem with Thok claiming, I'd just like to pursue VitaminR in parallel.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:40 pm

Post by Thok »

:roll:

I am El Chupacabre (from Girly). Do you want me to say more, or will my name be sufficient for now?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:43 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

No, it's all based on role.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:29 pm

Post by Thok »

If I told you I targetted Fuldu night 1, would that make you happy?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:22 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

Maybe. What results (if any) did you get on Fuldu?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:57 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Pie_is_good wrote:Maybe. What results (if any) did you get on Fuldu?
I don't know, Pie. This may be a good time for some quid pro quo. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what your role could be that indicating a night and a target isn't enough for you to determine whether you believe his claim
and
that you'd think it likely that he's scum before that. I mean, if you knew that he'd targeted me Night One, it's unlikely you'd have accused him in the first place. If you were getting information associated with his (hypothetical) cop results, but not the name of his target, again, I don't feel like you would have accused him of being likely scum. And since this has only now come to the point where you thought it was worth bringing up, I assume something came up in your results last night, but you're fishing for information about his Night One choice, not his choice last night. This doesn't really add up, in my opinion, and it makes it look much more probable that you're just trying to out a power role.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:42 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Fuldu wrote:Sure, and that's the difference between "might mean lynch-or-lose tomorrow" and "does indeed mean lynch-or-lose tomorrow."
I understand that the certainty was probably not justified, but do you genuinely feel this is enough to build a case around?

I like to work around a few basic assumptions as town. It gives me some certainty in an uncertain situation and a method of putting things into perspective.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:12 pm

Post by Fuldu »

VitaminR wrote:
Fuldu wrote:Sure, and that's the difference between "might mean lynch-or-lose tomorrow" and "does indeed mean lynch-or-lose tomorrow."
I understand that the certainty was probably not justified, but do you genuinely feel this is enough to build a case around?

I like to work around a few basic assumptions as town. It gives me some certainty in an uncertain situation and a method of putting things into perspective.
I don't have anything against working around a few basic assumptions. But a) treating those assumptions like facts is dangerous, and b) scum, who don't have to make assumptions about such things, are far more likely to post statements treating them as fact than townies are. I'm by no means
certain
you're scum on the basis of this one thing, but yes, I'm quite happy to build a case around this.
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:11 am

Post by TSAGod »

Fuldu wrote:
VitaminR wrote:

I don't have anything against working around a few basic assumptions. But a) treating those assumptions like facts is dangerous, and b) scum, who don't have to make assumptions about such things, are far more likely to post statements treating them as fact than townies are. I'm by no means
certain
you're scum on the basis of this one thing, but yes, I'm quite happy to build a case around this.
I don't know...I think I'd rather build the case around PIG, especially because he seems to have stopped checking his info with what Thok gave and is now role fishing, or at least appearing to be.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:19 am

Post by StevieT92 »

Pie_is_good wrote:FoS: People voting VitaminR

If we won't make Thok claim, I'll claim to put more solid evidence on him. I assume that I'm going to end up claiming anyways if we're ever going to lynch him, but if I do it after Thok claims I'll have a better chance of catching him in a lie.
I would like to see this claim then, thanks. You have seemed to be getting more scummy lately, and you say you have some emphasis for a case on Thok.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:30 am

Post by Pie_is_good »

I will be content to claim if Thok answers three more questions:

-Do you usually get results on people you target?
-If so, was there anything abnormal about your results?
-If so, what?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:03 am

Post by Thok »

I was roleblocked Night 1, if that's what you were asking.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:58 pm

Post by Nemesis »

Can we get a vote count please?
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:52 am

Post by Aelyn »

Hearing Nemesis' words, the caption shifts in its familiarly jerky manner.
The Author, in a caption, wrote:TSAGod - 2 (Adele, Thok)
Thok - 2 (Pie_is_Good, VitaminR)
VitaminR - 2 (Fuldu, StevieT92)
Still looking for a replacement for Tyfo. :(
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:28 am

Post by Adele »

Pie, did you roleblock Thok night 1 then? How about Night 2? If Thok was roleblocked 2 no-kill nights, that does look bad for him...

Unvote
for now.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:26 pm

Post by Nemesis »

But that could have been anyone. There are 2 or more scum in a family and they surely wouldn't have risked sending the same person twice like that. It's not a needed risk.

Why do I get the feeling we'll be having quite a few claims today?
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:10 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

Thok wrote:I was roleblocked Night 1, if that's what you were asking.
Yes, and this information is now virtually useless, given that I had to hint so strongly in order to get a claim.

Thok was random-blocked night 1 (some may disagree, but I think it's worth randomblocking as a roleblocker). Because of the no-kill, I blocked him again night 2. No kill again. Night 3 I blocked Bertrand, for obvious reasons, and the kill showed up (assuming Bertrand's death was due to a vig).

...hence the suspicion.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:21 pm

Post by Nemesis »

I think the scum wouldn't have sent the same person 3 nights running anyway, but that's just what I think.

I also think the doc
could
have made a sucessful protect or two...

There are many reasons why there wern't any kills, even if the scum did try to kill (which they may not have done) we could have protected ourselves.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”