TheFool
TheFool
Goon
TheFool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by TheFool »

blindfaeth wrote:I don't know, but I have a hard time believing that Thor is wrong about both Ray AND I. I mean, come on, draw a name out of the hat of 11 players that aren't you and you have almost a 50/50 chance of picking a baddie lol.

I'm so confused here, are you saying he's NOT wrong about you?

Or are you making some sort of weird case that Thor is scum because he's wrong twice?

Well if you are bad, you are already WIFOMing the crap out of us. I was being kinda sarcastic but like I said I wouldn't be surprised.

Don't throw out accusations if you're not willing to stand by them.

Basically I was WIFOMing lol. I know it doesn't mean anything to everyone else. But in my thinking, the only two people Thor have REALLY been suspicious of are Ray and myself. He was wrong about Ray, and he's wrong about me. I just find it hard to believe with his experience and play style that both of his main suspicions are incorrect. (Note that if you are on a scum team your chance of hunting someone from the other team narrows. For example, suspicions aside if he's town just picking someone at random. He's one of the 10 remaining so 5/9 chance of picking scum. If he's a werewolf he won't pursue the lynch of his buddy so he has a 3/8 chance (3 mafia, 10 townies - himself & teammate), and as a mafia 2/7 chance (2 werewolves, 10 townies - himself & 2 teammates).

I'm not sure what you're getting at here, though.

If you mean he's deliberately targeting townies: why? We're in multiscum, he'd have a whole other scum team to hunt.

If you mean he's mistakenly targeting townies: being wrong is not a scumtell. It's even less of a scumtell if you agree with his case against Ray, which you presumably did since you yourself were on the wagon.

Also I think he was trying too hard to set himself up to be suspicious of me/pursue my lynch in Day 2 during Day 1 - regardless of how Ray flipped :p

Finding you suspicious Day 1 and voting you Day 2 isn't a scumtell, it's consistency. :P

Sky wrote:The odds are true. We must lynch someone on the wagon today. And it's not because I wasn't on that wagon.

Eh. While it is more likely that there are scum on the wagon than off, that is only because the wagon is the bigger group. This doesn't in itself increase the odds of any given person on the wagon of being scum; statistically that's a 50% chance for each person either way.

If you think their reasons for being on the wagon are suspect that's one thing, but approaching the problem mathematically is the wrong way to go.

whispersilk wrote:lol, have to laugh at this now considering the town I live in was in a state of mass rioting, arson and looting over the entire weekend.

<3

Ouch, my condolences; hope life stabilizes for you :(

DeityKabuto wrote:Back in Day 1, I had Thor as Null-scum, and now I've moved it to Leaning-Scum because of Ray's flip, which should have been pretty obvious to everyone.

Seriously? If you thought Ray's flip should have been obvious, why did you hammer him?

DeityKabuto wrote:I can see where Thor is going with blindfaeth, another ML.

Why are you so certain the blindfaeth is town?

Thoughts:

I like CMPunk's recent posts; we seem to be in agreement here. DK's stance is pretty scummy (519 is particularily bad). Not liking blind here either though, as noted above. Thor still reads as town to me; I'd be interested in a case that's more fleshed out than 'you were wrong'.

VOTE: blindfaeth
the nose knows no snows
blindfaeth
blindfaeth
Goon
blindfaeth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by blindfaeth »

TheFool wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:I don't know, but I have a hard time believing that Thor is wrong about both Ray AND I. I mean, come on, draw a name out of the hat of 11 players that aren't you and you have almost a 50/50 chance of picking a baddie lol.

I'm so confused here, are you saying he's NOT wrong about you?

Or are you making some sort of weird case that Thor is scum because he's wrong twice?

I don't understand why this sentence is so hard to explain. It's clear as day. The fact people keep drawing attention to it is really fishy IMO. I've already gone into detail about it but let me do it again.

1. Thor was suspicious of Ray and I day 1.
2. Thor was wrong about Ray. Thor is wrong about me, too.
3. Thor is suspicious of me REGARDLESS of whether Ray was bad or not. First he thought we were teammates... but then he kind of doesn't want people to know that :p

Well if you are bad, you are already WIFOMing the crap out of us. I was being kinda sarcastic but like I said I wouldn't be surprised.

Don't throw out accusations if you're not willing to stand by them.

Oh dear sweet baby Jesus. Because Thor wasn't sarcastic ALL day 1. Because I didn't BEG him to please make it apparent when he was being sarcastic. Please forgive me :roll:

Basically I was WIFOMing lol. I know it doesn't mean anything to everyone else. But in my thinking, the only two people Thor have REALLY been suspicious of are Ray and myself. He was wrong about Ray, and he's wrong about me. I just find it hard to believe with his experience and play style that both of his main suspicions are incorrect. (Note that if you are on a scum team your chance of hunting someone from the other team narrows. For example, suspicions aside if he's town just picking someone at random. He's one of the 10 remaining so 5/9 chance of picking scum. If he's a werewolf he won't pursue the lynch of his buddy so he has a 3/8 chance (3 mafia, 10 townies - himself & teammate), and as a mafia 2/7 chance (2 werewolves, 10 townies - himself & 2 teammates).

I'm not sure what you're getting at here, though.

If you mean he's deliberately targeting townies: why? We're in multiscum, he'd have a whole other scum team to hunt.

If you mean he's mistakenly targeting townies: being wrong is not a scumtell. It's even less of a scumtell if you agree with his case against Ray, which you presumably did since you yourself were on the wagon.

I don't think he is deliberately targeting townies. Obviously if you are scum its in your best interest to hunt the other team to make you appear more townie and blend in. But he isn't being objective in his reads, he's just completely convinced that I am bad, just like he was convinced Ray was. As a townie your job is not to tunnel someone to death it is to ask all the hard questions and get dirty and find out the truth. Which he is not doing.

Also I think he was trying too hard to set himself up to be suspicious of me/pursue my lynch in Day 2 during Day 1 - regardless of how Ray flipped :p

Finding you suspicious Day 1 and voting you Day 2 isn't a scumtell, it's consistency. :P

Consistency isn't a towntell :P

unvote Thor;
vote CMPunk

As much as I want to see Thor lynched, I find myself agreeing with BB & very much not trusting Thor, theFool, and CMPunk. We need the numbers to avoid a mislynch so I'm going with the ppl I trust for the time being.

Also, looking forward to hearing from whisper when she has the time to give opinions & whatnot I'm really missing her feedback a lot :(
God, where is blind, because he is the only other sane person in this game.
- whispersilk
Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Sky »

Whoah that bandwagon flamed. But seriously CMPunk, nothing to say on why you are being voted?
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:27 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

TheFool wrote:Seriously? If you thought Ray's flip should have been obvious, why did you hammer him?

No, I found both Ray and Thor suspicious, but I put in the theory that one is Town and one is scum.

Thor665 wrote:I can see where Thor is going with blindfaeth, another ML.

I am not. D1, we sheeped Thor and ended up with a mislynch, I will not sheep Thor again on blindfaeth.

@CMPunk

I will get to your post previous page later.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:45 am

Post by havingfitz »

DeityKabuto wrote:

I am not. D1, we sheeped Thor and ended up with a mislynch, I will not sheep Thor again on blindfaeth.

DK...WTF? The quote above is not Thor's...its yours. Why are you having a conversation with yourself?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:18 am

Post by DonJosh »

havingfitz wrote:
DeityKabuto wrote:

DK...WTF? The quote above is not Thor's...its yours. Why are you having a conversation with yourself?

i lul'd

Also, I'd literally put my money on a CMPunk/TheFool scumteam.
IIRC, there are 2 werewolves and 3 mafia?
Newbie 1197 is in Day 2 and requires
replacements.

Looking for a hydra. PM me if interested.
GTKDJ|wiki|Pre-ins|Newbie 1197
DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:22 am

Post by DonJosh »

TheFool wrote:
Eh. While it is more likely that there are scum on the wagon than off, that is only because the wagon is the bigger group. This doesn't in itself increase the odds of any given person on the wagon of being scum; statistically that's a 50% chance for each person either way.

If you think their reasons for being on the wagon are suspect that's one thing, but approaching the problem mathematically is the wrong way to go.

BADBADBADBADBAD
I'd say CMPunk today, this guy tomorrow.
replacements.

CMPunk
CMPunk
Townie
CMPunk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:39 am

Post by CMPunk »

So hold on here, what is the actual case here as the votes piled on when BB completly misrepped me. This is what I said.

CMPunk wrote:

Seems scum would go out of their way to pin this on Thor. Yes, he said he would take the blame if Ray flipped town but that does not make Thor scum IMO. It just made him wrong, like 6 other people were including me (Yes it took 7 to lynch, not just Thor)

Being wrong is NOT scum IMO

Pushing what seems to be a policy lynch on someone who was wrong, simply because they were wrong is Scummy.

Thor had no reason to stick his head out and say if I am wrong I take responsibilty, that is pretty big burden for someone to take, and putting themselves way out in the open, which scum/wolves want to avoid.

Thor is town

BB then misreps what I have said by saying I am voting DK because DK WAS WRONG ABOUT THOR.

That is NOT what I was saying and is a blatent misrep

BBmolla wrote:

What he's saying makes some sense. The vote on DK doesn't.

"You're voting Thor cause he was wrong about Ray, so I'm going to vote you because you're wrong about Thor!"

VOTE: CMPunk

Where did I say I was voting DK for being wrong on Thor.. I clearly said I was voting DK for pushing on thor about thor being wrong yesterday and is ideal for scum to push that as much as they could as he said he would take the blame on Ray if he flipped town.

Hell you even say what I said made sense. So if I made sense, and my vote is based on DK pushing thor to be lynched because he is wrong then what part of that is me saying I am voting DK is because he is wrong about Thor?

not only a contridiction but a blatent misrep as to what I am voting DK on.

to sum up..

I am voting DK because of how he is pushing thor about being wrong yesterday.

I am not voting DK on what BB says I am.

Scomteam BB/DK
Straight Edge Means I'm Better Than You!
TheFool
TheFool
Goon
TheFool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by TheFool »

blindfaeth wrote:I don't think he is deliberately targeting townies. Obviously if you are scum its in your best interest to hunt the other team to make you appear more townie and blend in. But he isn't being objective in his reads, he's just completely convinced that I am bad, just like he was convinced Ray was. As a townie your job is not to tunnel someone to death it is to ask all the hard questions and get dirty and find out the truth. Which he is not doing.

Tunneling, while anti-town, is not something town doesn't do.

Consistency isn't a towntell

Nor is it a scumtell!

DonJosh wrote:BADBADBADBADBAD

Huh?
the nose knows no snows
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Shadowmod »

Thor665
(2/6) -
DeityKabuto
blindfaeth
havingfitz

blindfaeth
(2/6) -
Thor665
TheFool

CMPunk
(4/6) -
Sky
BBmolla
DonJosh
blindfaeth

DeityKabuto
(1/6) -
CMPunk

Not Voting (1/10): whispersilk

With 10 Players alive it requires 6 Votes to lynch / 5 to nolynch.

Deadline will be reached on Monday August 29th 2011, 6:00 p.m. Forum Time [UTC-6].

(expired on 2011-08-29 18:00:00)

till Day 2 Deadline
Last edited by Shadowmod on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Current Games in Progress:
Mostly Flavoured Newbie 1692 NEWBIE 1693
Tag, Link and Length Restrictions on Signatures Are Annoying!
blindfaeth
blindfaeth
Goon
blindfaeth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by blindfaeth »

idk CMPunk I'm not buying your suspicions because the reasons you've listed re: suspicion of DK are pretty much the same things I am doing. But yet you neglect to mention me as suspicious for the same thing?

Sorry I wasn't around today it is my mother's bday. Also I will let everyone know as soon as I do, but to let you know in advance, I am expecting a possible job offer next week (right now I'm only interning) and may be less available than I am now.
- whispersilk
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I would like to point out that blindfaeth, again, has suddenly switched suspicions from one leading wagon to another and is now thrashing around like CM has always been the worst thing ever.

I do not think I am wrong twice, this is super sketchy play and really telling, and people should at least weigh in with thoughts on it.

And then votes.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by havingfitz »

@CMPunk...everything you say in your post 532 quote of why you think Thor is town is complete WIFOM. Thor must be town because scum wouldn't do what he did. OK...well that's a perfectly good reason for scum to do what he did. So your rationale for Thor being town is crap. He might be town but he sure doesn't get any town points IMO for jumping on Ray early for extremely poor reasoning and then tunneling on him the entire day and then not really considering anyone else (ie Blindfaeth) until he came under pressure. Thor is not town because of...

His "total and complete idiocy in making cases,"
His "inability to spot scumhunting,"
and his "blatant tunneling of" Ray.

Even Thor would apparently agree.

Mod...I'm on the road from tomorrow until Thursday, I might get a few chances to get online but no guarantees. AKA v/LA until 19 Aug.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:05 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

CMPunk wrote:
DeityKabuto wrote:
Thor665 wrote:I'm being run up for the scumtell of being "wrong" aren't I?

D1, I asked you if Ray flipped town, would you blame yourself, and you replied 'Yes, I would take the blame'.

Way before that I suspected you, and as a scum it's normal for you to admit taking the blame to appear Townie and confident with your read on Ray.

vote: DeityKabuto

Seems scum would go out of their way to pin this on Thor. Yes, he said he would take the blame if Ray flipped town but that does not make Thor scum IMO. It just made him wrong, like 6 other people were including me (Yes it took 7 to lynch, not just Thor)

Being wrong is NOT scum IMO

Pushing what seems to be a policy lynch on someone who was wrong, simply because they were wrong is Scummy.

Thor had no reason to stick his head out and say if I am wrong I take responsibilty, that is pretty big burden for someone to take, and putting themselves way out in the open, which scum/wolves want to avoid.

Thor is town

It just made him wrong? Thor even said he would blame himself, that's good enough reason for anyone to lay a vote on him. I don't know why you even bother to defend Thor, it's silly. Are you saying that you find Thor 0% suspicions? Not even the slightest?

Being wrong can be scum, scum would do what Thor dead, get retarded townies to sheep on him for a mislynch, ITS WHAT SCUM ARE SUPPOSED TO DO.

Thor is town
THOR WAS SCUM PERSUADING TOWN TO SHEEP ON HIM, AND PEOPLE IGNORANTLY FOLLOWED
blindfaeth
blindfaeth
Goon
blindfaeth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:46 am

Post by blindfaeth »

If I weren't allowed to change my mind the website wouldn't allow us to unvote :igmeou:
- whispersilk
blindfaeth
blindfaeth
Goon
blindfaeth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:13 am

Post by blindfaeth »

by the by, I was wondering if anyone else found this as curious as I did. Read Thor's signature - no wait, let me quote it in case he gets any cute ideas about removing it :wink:

Total # of times 'You're better than this' or a variation thereof, has been used as a scumtell against me = 18 (and counting)

And then read this post and let me know if you think its strange Thor hasn't called him out.
- whispersilk
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

And then remember that the number used to be 17 and I have a post in this game where I tell him he only gets to add to the signature once per case when he calls me out the exact same way.
Reading - it's for champions.
blindfaeth
blindfaeth
Goon
blindfaeth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:29 am

Post by blindfaeth »

K so since his role hasn't been revealed yet how can you add him to the list of people that were scum that said that to you? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding >.>
- whispersilk
Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Sky »

I concur, CMPunk's cases seem too...generic... I think he has some more defending to do.

TheFool, you think a 50% chance of lynching scum isn't good?
Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Sky »

*Sorry CMPunk, SHE has some more explaining to do
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Shadowmod »

I guess you don't need another vote count with no vote changes and the last one only a few posts up on this page.
Whispersilk and BBmolla are both about to be prodded, because it is weekend I'll give them till tomorrow to post.
At this point I'd like to remind you to announce V/LA when you cannot post for more than two days, p.e. if you are away over the weekend. I will accept it if you use the new V/LA flags in your account settings for this purpose.
Last edited by Shadowmod on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Current Games in Progress:
Mostly Flavoured Newbie 1692 NEWBIE 1693
Tag, Link and Length Restrictions on Signatures Are Annoying!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:17 am

Post by BBmolla »

I've been reading and keeping up, my vote remains on CMPunk.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

blindfaeth wrote:K so since his role hasn't been revealed yet how can you add him to the list of people that were scum that said that to you? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding >.>

Mmmm? You're seriously misunderstanding something.

1. Nowhere in my sig does it suggest that it's keeping track of scum who do that.

2. If you DID believe that it was only a list about scum who did that...why does it matter that I didn't call out havingfitz on it?
blindfaeth
blindfaeth
Goon
blindfaeth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by blindfaeth »

Well what else could it mean? Scumtell in my experience means it's a sure thing. So are you saying him saying that "you're better than this" therefore accusing you of being scum is correct? :shifty:
- whispersilk
DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by DonJosh »

blindfaeth wrote:Well what else could it mean? Scumtell in my experience means it's a sure thing. So are you saying him saying that "you're better than this" therefore accusing you of being scum is correct? :shifty:

ITT, we learn that blindfaeth doesn't understand the term "scumtell".
replacements.

Return to “Completed Open Games”