Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:35 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I could go for bigAl, as well. He seems eager to not be on the Tamuz lynch, and the kops quote does NOT strike me as scummy. "you're as good as dead either way" seems an analysis if the group's willingness to lynch/move votes, not kops' own intentions.

My back-of-the-envelope count says Tamuz and TSAGod are both at 3 now, with kops at 2. Can we get a prod on bamboomancer, too? He hasn't shown up since 3/11, and likewise has 2 posts ever. His initial random vote on elvis still stands, and no one's called him out for it. Odd, but probably not enough to get a lynch today.
Retired as of October 2014.
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:17 am

Post by kops »

wow, flay youre right on two counts, one of which i didnt even notice before
first of all, you are correct in that my statement said youre as good as dead at THAT point, as in, if he didnt full claim, i was reasonably sure he would be our lynch

also, i didnt even notice bamboomancer hasnt been posting, but b/c of the deadline i agree he is not the correct lynch for today, but a thought for tomorrow

im up for a TSAGod lynch, although i suppose i cant argue w/ a tamuz lynch either... again i do see TSA as
slightly
more scummy at this point, aside from his lurkerness, so thats where im gonna keep my vote for now, but it is definately liable to a change

not 100% convinced on Tamuz coming to the conservatory as im not sure exactly what it will achieve other than the scum knowing that three of us are in the same room... that may very well not be a good thing (although i do doubt that they would be able to kill all 3 of you, still is dangerous), but we'll see how it works out
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:32 am

Post by kops »

now would also probably be a good time to say this, but I will be out of town for a week starting friday morning (ending next sunday i believe) and while it is likely that i will have internet access, it is not gauranteed. it is also possible that as we are driving, i will be unavailable until we arrive saturday evening, although im sure it will still be night at that point so its probably wont be too big of a deal if thats the case, i will post as soon as i have access but if i dont post for a couple real days after the night ends, i may have to be replaced unless you dont mind me being inactive for that long, ill keep you guys posted, and again i apologize, this trip didnt even cross my mind when i signed up a month ago
sorry all
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:22 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Is deadline really passed?

I wish that there had been some more participation here on the day of a deadline. As it stands I *believe Tamuz will be lynched. I am beginning to get a townie feel from him, but I really thought he was scummy before, so I hope my first instincts were right. And even if my vote were to count right now, I can't just off TSa without any discussion or claim from him, so I'm sticking with my vote on Tamuz. If he's telling the truth, it's not too horrible to lynch a townie.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:31 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Orbiting wrote:Further deadline information:
Sorry, I didn't realize you could change your times -- I suppose that when I set up my account either you couldn't do that, or I didn't. Fuldu's estimation of 7 p.m. EST on the 23rd is correct.
By my actual estimation, yes, the deadline has passed. However, since Orbiting's final word on the subject gave us an additional 24 hours, I'm going to assume that we have that time. Personally, I'd prefer to see Tamuz lynched over TSAGod (and kops lynched over Tamuz, but nobody seems to be paying any attention to that).
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:33 pm

Post by bigAl »

Isn't the 23rd tomorrow?
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:34 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Oh, I thought it was today :oops:

That got you guys posting though...

So should we let Tamuz slide or what??
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:36 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Fuldu wrote:
Orbiting wrote:Further deadline information:
Sorry, I didn't realize you could change your times -- I suppose that when I set up my account either you couldn't do that, or I didn't. Fuldu's estimation of 7 p.m. EST on the 23rd is correct.
By my actual estimation, yes, the deadline has passed. However, since Orbiting's final word on the subject gave us an additional 24 hours, I'm going to assume that we have that time. Personally, I'd prefer to see Tamuz lynched over TSAGod (and kops lynched over Tamuz, but nobody seems to be paying any attention to that).
I'm seriously thinking about kops too, but wondering if he's just a n00b. I'd have to go back and read his posts again. Perhaps I should do that now...
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:58 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Looking back, kops doesn't look THAT bad to me. His random on MeMe was really trying to make sure we all understood it was random, which made me suspicious and still does. The thing that makes me think he's not scum is that as I read through his posts they sound like a stream of consciousness, not like an evilly-crafted attempt at manipulation and deception.

Anyway,Fuldu, please tell me why you want kops dead...
Talk nerdy to me.

bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:00 pm

Post by bigAl »

Mr. Flay: are you claiming to have some role that somehow interacts with other people in the same room as you?

and @kops: capitalisation & complete sentences = good; run-on sentences = bad
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:19 pm

Post by Fuldu »

elvis_knits wrote:Looking back, kops doesn't look THAT bad to me. His random on MeMe was really trying to make sure we all understood it was random, which made me suspicious and still does. The thing that makes me think he's not scum is that as I read through his posts they sound like a stream of consciousness, not like an evilly-crafted attempt at manipulation and deception.

Well, a new player is (tautologically) more likely to make new player mistakes. For someone who's scum for the first time, these include overemphasizing that the reason for a vote is something small or silly, and backing away from a placed vote as soon as someone questions it. In kops case, he did these things with regards to votes on MeMe and on BJ and TSAGod, respectively. So there's that and then the fact that his posts make my eyes bleed.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

elvis_knits wrote:Looking back, kops doesn't look THAT bad to me. His random on MeMe was really trying to make sure we all understood it was random, which made me suspicious and still does. The thing that makes me think he's not scum is that as I read through his posts they sound like a stream of consciousness, not like an evilly-crafted attempt at manipulation and deception.

well, duh, I've already said kops is scum...
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:42 pm

Post by MeMe »

I've been handed a time-consuming work project that makes it likely that this will be my last check-in before deadline hits. Just a heads-up.

Regardless, I'm not inclined to move my vote off of TSAGod, especially as he seems, if Flay's count is correct, to be a vote leader right now.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:58 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I just read TSA's posts, since it seems to be between him and me at this deadline.

He certainly seems very inconsitent, making it known not once, but twice that he is not happy with a vote on me, and then with just the pressure of a deadline, vote me. He does say it isn't firm, but it certainly doesn't seem that way as he has been playing. His lurkishness has made his votes rather firm and permanent, and his posts just minor inconveniences almost worth skipping over.

unvote: BJ

pending more consideration about TSA before the deadline.

And I also wonder what good having me in the conservatory with Elvis & Flay will do, but I am the town's instrument to play now as they wish.

--Rosencrantz & Co.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:22 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

bigAl wrote:Mr. Flay: are you claiming to have some role that somehow interacts with other people in the same room as you?
Essentially, yes. Part of what I can do has to do with other people in the room with me, which is why I invited my attackers initially to come witness. This would be suicidally stupid if I just had some scummy "nuke the room" ability.

As far as I'm aware, it's not dependent on how many people are in the room, though.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:23 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Also, while this is metagaming I asked Orbiting in person about the deadline and she said the 23rd is correct, now. Sorry, it was just easier to get an answer across the room than asking in thread.
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:27 pm

Post by kops »

Fuldu wrote: Well, a new player is (tautologically) more likely to make new player mistakes. For someone who's scum for the first time, these include overemphasizing that the reason for a vote is something small or silly, and backing away from a placed vote as soon as someone questions it. In kops case, he did these things with regards to votes on MeMe and on BJ and TSAGod, respectively. So there's that and then the fact that his posts make my eyes bleed.
Ok, if you want me to use proper capitalization fine, I'm just lazy.

As to the other stuff, i completely do not understand what youre talking about as far as voting someone and then backing away.
1) MeMe: random vote, I see absolutely no correlation between any given random vote and your argument
2) BJ, I don't believe I ever actually voted him, and either way, I was totally unfamiliar with his posting style, because yes, this is my first non-newb game on this site. From that point of view, you can't deny he looks scummy. If that bothers you, sorry, but I dont see how this one correlates with your argument either.
3) TSAGod, this one is the worst example out of the three. I have yet to back away from my vote on TSAGod, and at the moment I don't plan on it any time soon.

You really need to read through your posts before you use complete craplogic like that... and again, I won't deny that I am a newb, I have refrained from mentioning it b/c I know the "I'm a newb" card goes absolutely nowhere, and I would like to make it clear that I'm not playing it now. I'm sorry but I just really don't see where youre coming from with that argument at all.

btw, @elvis_knits, had I said "My spinner tells me that MeMe is scum so vote MeMe" (@mod this is not a vote, obviously), would that have been better for you? if so, i'll keep that in mind

As I said, I'm keeping my vote on TSAGod for now, with the possibility of switching to Tamuz. Clearly, there is nobody else right now that is worth voting simply b/c it wouldn't get anywhere what with the deadline.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:28 pm

Post by MeMe »

While she's there, could you ask her for an official count?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:28 pm

Post by MeMe »

^^at Flay, obv.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:57 pm

Post by Fuldu »

kops wrote:i take it we just started then? fun randomvote: MeMe... yes that was truly random... okeydokey
The point is not that it was a random vote, but that you're so insistent that it's a random vote. That usually means one of two things, either you're a power role who's trying to hide information against someone under the guise of a random vote, or you're scum who's hoping a bandwagon will form on the person you've chosen that you can later distance yourself from by saying "but, see, it was just a random vote." Since you haven't returned to MeMe since then, the first explanation seems unlikely. And since MeMe's the player in this game that, were I scum, I'd be most looking to get rid of, the second explanation doesn't seem far-fetched.
kops wrote:eh? what do you call this?
BabyJesus wrote:let's just finish off flay....
id say thats pretty bandwagon pushingish...
honestly though guys.. can we please pick up the conversation a bit... this is really starting to drag a bit.. BJ is the biggest offender, not having posted in 3 days, im gonna pressure vote him soon if he doesnt post, MeMe also needs to post soon..
i think the main issue right now is who to lynch... we dont have much to go on right now but i think we can mostly agree to let Flay and elvis do their stuff tonight, so i think theyre both lynch-immune today for the most part
honestly, im not too full of ideas right now.. nobody stands out in my mind though atm, anybody else have any ideas?
kops wrote:ok... first of all.. from what ive heard... didnt bj just do the
opposite
of what he usually does (as in jump off a bandwagon to someone with no votes)??? as i said, ive never seen him in a game before, but am i right here? seems kind of odd.. wont say its a scum tell for sure but definately worth nothing
second of all, @bj: i would appreicate a bit more of a reason as to why you voted me...
I'll admit that I was mistaken in that I thought there was a vote in there somewhere, but the tone of all this is one of accusation followed by indifference followed by accusation followed by indifference. That you able to fit all that in such a short span is actually impressive, but it doesn't look good.
kops wrote:again though, right now im not 100% sure who i should be voting for, but i think im gonna go with a
vote: TSAGod
because so far hes posted exactly twice.. once to vote me (although i do not hold that against him as it was the 2nd post of the game) and once to give us a list of characters....
im voting him for two reasons: a) lurker-pressure, b) im getting a bit of a bad vibe from him as he has contributed nothing to the discussion and has offered none of his own opinions
and WOW! i was just reading back to make sure i didnt miss one of his posts... and guess what... he never unvoted me! either he has some weird rule about his vote not counting or the mod messed up
mod can we clear this up please
, he was completely left off the first count (not on the voting list or the not voting list) but i think this is due to a look over by the mod... either way he is still voting me from a page one random vote and that will definately hold my vote till he posts more
kops wrote:well, i guess like every1 else, i dont have too much to say, 'cept that im checking in and i still think we should at least pressure TSAGod to post some more, and i still think its kinda wierd he's still voting me from page 2 with no reason whatsoever, but as it doesnt really matter at this point i guess its not too big of a deal but still...
kops wrote:ok, first of all, @TSAGod... i wasnt concerned about the vote, in fact if you actually bothered to read my posts... you would have noticed that i actually said:
kops wrote: but as [the vote] doesnt really matter at this point i guess its not too big of a deal but still
not only that, but you called my vote an OMGUS... notice how i also said:
kops wrote: vote: TSAGod because so far hes posted exactly twice.. once to vote me (
although i do not hold that against him as it was the 2nd post of the game
) and once to give us a list of characters....
(italics by me) i was far more worried about the fact that you were still holding you random vote with no reason whatsoever than the fact that the vote was aimed at me
you
completely
twisted my words around to form the most crappiest logic ever... and in case it isnt obvious
reinforce vote TSAGod

sorry fixed quote tags (btw if you were wondering i accidently put the 723 cause that was my old sn that i still use on several places, but i dropped it now)
kops wrote:tamuz... in my opinion that last was really scummy, youre on the chopping block, we need a full claim right now or i'm lynching (although youre good as dead either way at that point).. making a statement like that is getting you absolutely nowhere and in my opinion thats one of the scummiest things you've said so far, if your next post doesnt have a full claim or a
really
good reason why you wont full claim, then im gonna lynch, and if you havent posted before 6:00 CST tomorrow ill lynch you anyway.
b4.. i didnt see you as all that scummy, but you just sent my scumdar through the roof
kops wrote:3) TSAGod, this one is the worst example out of the three. I have yet to back away from my vote on TSAGod, and at the moment I don't plan on it any time soon.
Similarly, the above is aggessive, passive, aggressive, aggressive about somebody else entirely, and finally insistent that you've been aggressive about TSAGod all along. This sort of behavior is, at best, bad play. But since it's coming from a relatively new player I'm inclined to believe that you're inexperienced scum.
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:13 pm

Post by kops »

I still dont think most of your argument holds much water
First off: if I wanted a bandwagon on MeMe, why would i unvote her two posts later?

Second off, I personally have never seen a random-vote bandwagon turn into a lynch so I fail to see how this would be a valid tactic

Third: about BJ, I don't see where the accusation is at all. The bandwagon pushing statement was simply a response to Tamuz, and I never accused him of anything other than lurkiness. As for the second quote, yes, that was aggresive, but when he does something that I see as weird, am I not allowed to call him on it?

Lastly: TSAGod, yes youre probably right about
that
pattern, but I admit I probably attempted to pull more out of the fact that he was still random voting me than there actually existed, so when i realized this, I became more passive, attacking him only on his lurkerness (I now see I failed to mention this clearly enough).
I really only became aggresive towards him again when he used craplogic to attack me, at which point he started to seem much more scummy to me so I attacked him again, and why can't I be aggressive towards two people at the same time? Just because I think Tamuz is scum doesnt mean i suddenly think TSAGod is town...
and as for your last statement, I never insisted I've been aggressive about TSAGod, I've been insistent that I haven't
unvoted
him... big difference, one is opinion, the other is pure fact

Oh, and somewhat unrelated question, why would I want to get rid of MeMe if I were scum? (I suppose I can assume then that she is considered a good player, but either way I didn't know that, damn my spinner for picking a suspicious target, rofl)
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:35 am

Post by Orbiting »

Really Close to Deadline Vote Count

Tamuz - 3 (elvis_knits,TSAGod, BabyJesus) *
TSAGod - 3 (MeMe, kops, Flay)
kops - 2 (Fuldu, BigAl)
elvis_knits - 1 (Bamboomancer)

Not voting: Tamuz

* Tamuz is currently up on the block, as he received 3 votes before TSAGod received his 3 votes.

Deadline looms! Tick, tick. :)
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:37 am

Post by Orbiting »

Also, I'll be prodding Bamboomancer.
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:29 am

Post by MeMe »

OK -- so I'm addicted to the site and can't stay away even with projects looming...

That said, I'll keep my vote.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Tempted to switch vote to TSA or kops...

(kops back in my mind after realizing he has been acting unsure about his votes while at the same time putting confirm votes down on TSA)
Talk nerdy to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”