tl;dr

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Kast »

NPIAU:
That's mistating my point; I don't
want
a Nik lynch, but I'm
willing
to lynch him. He's either a retarded town or scum. It seems to me the most compelling reason Nik is town is because of the JL/WL claim, but Nik himself is claiming there are WL fake claims. BTW, since others keep (mis)stating this, did oyu during Day 1 ever claim to be part of the Nik/Friend/Muff/hiplop Mod PM issue? from what I see you only stated you trusted them, not that you were part of them.

Spoiler: Thoughts on Nik - in summary he's probably just a retarded townie
You're a idiot. You waffle back and forth between claiming to be a cop, but you got your claiemd investigation right. For anyone who took you on good faith, it sounded like you had a real result, no reason to doubt it. BTW< SK's act differently than mafia. If you ARE town, then your behavior is not conducive to town play.

Take toast: if you call him SK, and we don't lynch him today, but he doesn't kill the target he's assigned (due to him NOT BEING SK), then by common convention, we'd lynch him as an SK that isn't obeying. Following your fake results, we should lynching him tomorrow if he isn't the SK.

Rather, if he IS a jailkeeper, and if he did suspect you were a townie day cop who lost his BP, it makes
sense
he would try to protect you. Maybe you have secret information that it wasn't you that the indigo beam targeted, but since you all but claimed it was you and friend all-but-blatantly confirmed it, anyone with half a brain would assume you lost your BP due to the "~*stipulations*~" you mentioned when scum tried to day kill you. If you can't figure that out and instead think Toast must be scum for using his brain...

If you're town, then I can't see how you conclude Toast is mafia. Mafia and SK have different play. You're talking like a scientist with confirmation bias. You found evidence to suggest he's SK (not mafia - SK specifically). You find out he isn't SK. Rather than fixing your theory to match your own observed facts, you ignore your facts and force your theory that he must be mafia instead. It's like you're so full of yourself that you can't admit you misread him on being an SK, so you aim for a consolation prize: he must be mafia instead, in spite of behaving (in your eyes) like an SK
not like mafia

Friend (and other
PM-Masons
):
Are you actually a mason with Nik, or did you just assume he's town because he knew about a PM that multiple claimed WL players received?

Nik wrote:ooba, there is no way in hell that anyone from our masonry is a CR. Mafia, maaaaaaybe. But not CR.
Muffin/Friend/Hiplop, as the three other claimed PM receivers, I would like confirmation on this point. I asked earlier as well, and wasn't answered. Are you actually masons, or are you just assuming? If assumption, is this flavor based? See, when I learned mafia, mason was an actual role, not what you call someone when you assume they are town and they assume you are town. So if itns' not a role here, that would explain a LOT of the logical contradictions and blatant lies I'm seeing from Nik.

muffin wrote:So, I'm thinking LLD was a scum kill, Frozen was hero-vigged and we have day-killing scum.
I missed this from you. I also think this may make sense; I was wonderign why others had earlier assumed LLD was vigged while FM was mafia killed. I thought both of the two were likely town, FM for good town play and LLD for hysterics.

Anyway, I agree that it would be best to lynch cult. I'm not sure I buy into the theories on who the cultists are. I think WLC is more likely cult than Apok, but going through my notes I can't find anything specific to indicate why I have that thought. I may have internalized some of NPIAU's arguments.

I think the most obvscum right now is Andy, and that he is most likely mafia, next most likely an ADD townie, and unlikely SK or cult.

pedit: Mr.S, I would like to hear your reasoning for the Nik pseudo vote.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:30 am

Post by Kast »

Oh, and while I'm at it, I'm going to
vote: Andy
, with understanding that I'm quite willing to lynch cult if someone actually makes a good case.
Show

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:57 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

It's hard to answer some of those questions without going into a lot more detail than I'd like to at this point.

For now, it's probably best to assume that no one inside the group of 'masons' is scum.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:00 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

@hiplop

In your next post, answer this question: Did you receive your white lantern ring? Y/N

@subliminal

Do you have any passive abilities? Y/N
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Kast »

pedit: Thanks for the response muffin. As you might expect, it doesn't really do much to clear up any confusion on my part. Can you at least clarify who are the publicly claimed members of your masonry? From what I read of Day 1, there are 4 members who explicitly claimed to receive a Mod PM:

Nik
Muffin
Friend
Hiplop

Since then, Friend has multiple times vaguely and multiple times blatantly defended and included nopointinactingup as another member of the masonry, or as a confirmed townie. A few other players have referenced nopoint's posts as being form the mason team as well.

Apok wrote:Kast's twin: Why in the nine hells are you voting Nikanor just because of a stupid gambit? He's pretty much confirmed town.
Learn2read. I am not, nor have I ever voted for Nik - note: I am willing to lynch him, but that is more for meta reasons. Probably not as relevant since I don't play on this forum, but I typically ascribe to the philosophy that the only way to discourage retarded play is to lynch all retards.

Also Nik is no more confirmed than town Muffin, yet you're FoS'ing Muffin. Cognitive dissonance much? I'm still waiting on some explanation from the PM-Masons...

I'm going to go back through and try to look for hints of cult play. Admittedly not my strong point.

Andy wrote:
Me wrote:and I don't usually associate cult members to be gunning hard for anyone in particular unless they have reason to think the player is a danger to the cult.
That's why WLC fits so well.
Since you're mafia, you DO have a vested interest in finding cult players. Can you enlighten me on how your statement makes sense? You took my quote out of context by the way. I had just finished summarizing WLC's 8 posts from Day 1 in that series of posts, which were nearly exclusively gunning for an ooba lynch. Who turns out not to be a player particularly dangerous to the Black Lanterns. So tell me. Since you agreed with my analysis on how cultists play, how does WLC's play suggest cult?

To me, it doesn't suggest mafia or cult or SK in any particular way; it might suggest lyncher, though I doubt that is the case. I don'tt see it as an indicator for or against.

Friend, since you (I think) initiated the WLC as cult agenda, can you summarize the arguments? I went through your posts and you never actually cited a reason beyond that you think he is cult.

The only lead I have to suggest WLC as cult is his recent vote on Mr. S, which does seem like an indicator.
Show

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:30 am

Post by Friend »

Nika is actually playing a VERY smart game right now.

I don't know how you can call someone retarded when he singlehandedly got Toog-scum lynched.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Friend »

Anyways, WLC has been just so under-the-radar that his play works from a CL mindset. If you read his ISO it's basically just wagoning and trying to look town by questioning the WL stuff.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:00 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Apokalyptika wrote:Lot of stuff to get through, here. Thoughts on the last ~10 pages:
[snipped]

In summary,
FoS: Muffin and Peregrine
Vote: CandleJack
for aforementioned reasons. Now that we know ooba was town, Tar's rage easily reads like Mafia frustrated at drawing suspicion for quickhammering without even getting the hammer in.

The Book of Oa wrote:Votecount 2.1.2

Apokaylptika (3) - nopointinactingup, zMuffinMan, Candle Jack

:neutral:

@Apok- Yes, WLC needs to speak more. If he is cult-dude, then it would be interesting to hear his answer to my question. If he's not, it would be interesting to hear his answer to my question.

And aside from hilarious, what do you think of Nik fakeclaiming the cop result twice? And MrSub's disintegrating geniusplan?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:05 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

BAHABAHABABAHABAHABAHABAHABAH

i will catch up today.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Candle Jack »

I probably skimmed over something, but why are we announcing "Oh btw I activated your abilities last night, who now has a PR?"... or am I missing something with this delayed white ring thing?

This makes a lot of sense. It probably is prudent to reveal at some point what you people here are planning on doing because outting all of our (unrecruitable?) power-roles for a plan that 'could' or 'could not' work is not a very good strategy

zmuffin wrote:Just to be clear, what type of scum are you accusing me of being? Cult or Redscum or other scum or not sure?

I find this line of argumentation highly suspect. Why does it matter which of the anti-town factions we think you are as long as we recognize anti-town intent from your play and actions? The only reason you plan on asking this question is if someone attempt to put you into one of the groups you can strawman the argument by saying, well, I don't fit into that group, (be it cult, redscum whatever,), so I must not be scum and your argument is invalid! It doesn't work like that muffin.

Toasty wrote:? Because he was right the first time. I also think its a really bad gambit.

If he was right the first time, that obviously means you believe he is town, or at least some sort of cop. Can you clarify what you thought his alignment was yesterday and now today, because from reading this I get the impression you think he was a town cop (whether or not this is true is irrelevant, its what you thought), and today you are later accusing him of not being a cop but of being some kind of scum cop (?)? I can't see how you would make this switch logically.

Kast wrote:I'm willing to lynch Nik now. If he's scum, and we leave him, we'll be in martyr syndrom and if he's jsut an arrogant ad ballsy townie who's willing to fake claim SK results on someone he thinks is MAFIA Jailkeeper, then he's a retard that made a false clai mdesigned to keep mafia alive longer and lull the town into a foolish assumption.

Hold on what is going on with this statement. First, what does martyr syndrom mean to you in context of this game? Second, the fact that you acknowledge someone could be a ballsy townie but you are willing to lynch them anyones is not a town mindset. Thirldy, from the progression of actions nikanor jokingly (?) claimed a SK result on toasty, toasty over-reacted and then claimed JK, and then nikanor argued that he was probably a scum jailkeeper. He didn't fake a result on someone he thought was a mafia jailkeeper, he faked a result on someone who after several actions transpired he now thinkis is a mafia jailkeeper.

Not sure what you're also talking about with keeping mafia alive longer and lulling the town into anything. This post is disingenious.

FOS: KAST

(Nikanor said many of the same things in 1024)

tans wrote:The JK role working as normal is weird..

I don't know if I want to tip my hand yet.

If you can prove toasty is lying, or dishonest, state so.

Friend wrote:You think they gave scum fake WL PMs? I don't know, bro.

Why do you think this?
You said my name?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:24 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

CJ wrote:Why does it matter which of the anti-town factions we think you are

Why are you avoiding the question?

CJ wrote:as long as we recognize anti-town intent from your play and actions

Go on...
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:33 am

Post by hiplop »

Muffin, I got a PM saying the rings are in play. I claimed this yesterday when everyone else was getting PM's. I never got specifically told that I can use my ability yet, though.
third best scummer of all time
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:41 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

uh... er... hm... I think you're confused. Or I'm confused.
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Candle Jack »

Apok wrote:-Oh hi there, CandleJack. When's the other head going to explain the quickhammer attempt, what with ooba flipping town and all? Also, I'd like to know if you think a specific faction froze your vote yesterday.

I have no idea which faction or person froze our vote yesterday, and I don't know why you think we would have a clue why who did it. Who do you think froze our vote yesterday? Also, when are you going to explain your vote on obba, what with him flipping town and all?

apok wrote:Nikanor's "result" and all the resultant flailing is hilarious, given that he claimed he was faking yesterday.

I take it by flailing you mean scum fakeclaiming and then getting frustrated? What did you mean by flailing, especially since you say later you consider him confirmed town,

Why in the nine hells are you voting Nikanor just because of a stupid gambit? He's pretty much confirmed town.

Flailing is not the word I use to describe people I consider confirmed town.

vezok wrote:I delayed oversoul.

This is awesome. What I think this game needs is more vague and cryptic claims coming from all angles. What does this even mean?

Kast wrote:That's mistating my point; I don't want a Nik lynch, but I'm willing to lynch him.

Thanks for clarifying your antitown intentions.

Kast wrote:Oh, and while I'm at it, I'm going to vote: Andy, with understanding that I'm quite willing to lynch cult if someone actually makes a good case.

How does this even make sense? If someone is acting anti-town and scummy, you'll only place a vote down on them if you can get them to configure to a view where they are cult?

zmuffin wrote:Why are you avoiding the question?

I hardly avoided anything, I answered it already. It doesn't really matter to me which of the anti-town factions you belong to if we lynch you and you flip anti-town. What are you hoping to gain out of this question?
You said my name?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:50 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

@hiplop,

Go back and read the PM you got properly and make sure you understand it. If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, you're confusing something.

@CJ,

cj wrote:What are you hoping to gain out of this question?

It interests me. Apart from the fact that your whole "recognition of anti-town intent" is that I asked vezok a question and didn't assume he's scum (ya, totally anti-town, my apologies), I just want to know specifically whether or not you think I'm cult or mafia or something else. If you don't have an answer, just say so. No need to tiptoe around the issue.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:50 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

WLC over Apok for CR? Why?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Candle Jack »

zmuffin wrote:It interests me. Apart from the fact that your whole "recognition of anti-town intent" is that I asked vezok a question and didn't assume he's scum (ya, totally anti-town, my apologies), I just want to know specifically whether or not you think I'm cult or mafia or something else. If you don't have an answer, just say so. No need to tiptoe around the issue.

The only reason you would be asking this question is because if you are scum of some sort you think you've significantly distanced or established yourself apart from whatever antitown team you're on to be confident. Confident enough that if I do correctly place you a scum team you could 'prove' that is impossible based for whatever reasons on actions you've taken. Its equally likely you could be some solo third party, (could be anything quite frankly), so again, I'm going to say, anti-town.
You said my name?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:05 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

No, I'm asking because I'm genuinely interested in seeing what answer you come up with. I don't have any intention of shooting you down because you're blatantly wrong. I just want to see what you have to say. You think Apok is cult, you thought ooba was mafi and I'm just... anti-town. Kind of disappointing.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:06 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Also interested in why you think what you think because prior to this conversation, your suspicion of me literally amounts to me asking vezok a question and not assuming he's scum. And from this you recognised anti-town intent.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:15 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Relatively caught up. Sorry. Gonna go ahead and call this:

Mods, I am semi-V/LA right now, as I am getting everything ready to move on Saturday. I will be V/LA fully from Friday until, most likely, Monday.

But with that out of the way, VOTE: WLC. With recent events, he's looking a lot more like a good CR option.

Also, I got nothing about a ring.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:31 am

Post by hiplop »

i have, I think I misinterpretted it earlier tbh. Can answer q's probably
third best scummer of all time
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:34 am

Post by ToastyToast »

@CJ: How is this not obvious? Yes, I thought he was town. Then he claimed a result on me that was 100% impossible to have. So yeah, now I don't even remotely trust him and think he's scum. Common, logical sense.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:36 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Also, why are you only saying what happened from Nikanor's perspective? That was NOT a joking tone, and that was NOT an overreaction
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:43 am

Post by GhostWriter »

It seems pretty obvious that Nika used a gambit D1, got scum with it, and decided to try it again today. Granted, it wasn't nearly as good this time as the first time. I highly doubt he's scum for that. You're just taking it personally.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:20 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Delayed means that his actions will resolve the next night instead of this one.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”