Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Blackberry »

I think:

Nikanor is either scum or fakeclaiming.

&

ToastyToad seems sincere in his jailkeeping, or gambiting scum ...

But both are being active and I want to focus on someone who is laying in the background X_X.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Also, a flaw in Nikanor's claim...

Your first person was "Hostile" yet he came up "Scum"...
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by Nikanor »

xD
Blackberry, it's a joke. I'm not actually a cop at all.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Nikanor wrote:xD
Blackberry, it's a joke. I'm not actually a cop at all.

I might cut you, with like, a giant sized dagger-scythe that hurts. And is inked with poison and poison ivy and my white bliss.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Blackberry »

TT - Why were you so certain Nikanor was being serious in his claim, and not faking it, as someone suggested earlier?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Blackberry wrote:I might cut you, with like, a giant sized dagger-scythe that hurts. And is inked with poison and poison ivy and my white bliss.

It will itch and sting but at least it will be creamy smooth.
Hit me up.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Nikanor wrote:
Blackberry wrote:I might cut you, with like, a giant sized dagger-scythe that hurts. And is inked with poison and poison ivy and my white bliss.

It will itch and sting but at least it will be creamy smooth.
Hit me up.

:evil: You would like that wouldn't you.
Mr Subliminal
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by Mr Subliminal »

Okay so guess what? I fucked up the OMGENIUS gamebreaking a bit. Luckily, it can still be salvaged.
No more WLs claim EXCEPT the following.

If you are one of the following please state whether you have received a ring yet:
- Andrius (assuming no)
- Candle Jack
- WeyounsLastClone
- GhostWriter
- ToastyToast (assuming no)
- Apokalyptika
- Oversoul

No need to have someone out themselves when they aren't in lynching range.
Well, that's a really good point you made
I'm town
there, and I'm going to give it a good mulling over
sheep me
. In the meantime,
lynch Andrius
let's talk about something else
hot sex
. How about
don't night-kill me
that latest sporting event
hot sex
. Man! They sure
defend me
played really well!
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Andrius »

No ring.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Oversoul »

No ring.
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Candle Jack »

zMuffinMan wrote:Vezok. What does your freezer ability do? If you don't want to answer this, tell me whether it's a day ability and whether you used it on someone yesterday.

I
think
vezok targeted CJ yesterday. It doesn't say much about either vezok or CJ's alignment, but it does explain a lot.

I fail to see how a vote-freezing ability makes sense on town. If you think that vezok is the source of the vote freeze, why aren't you voting him?

And for that matter, why the hell out your suspicions BEFORE vezok answered? There's NO town motivation for that.

HoS: zMuffinMan
, with intent to vote for second lynch (after Apok flips cult).

----

Mr Subliminal wrote:Okay so guess what? I fucked up the OMGENIUS gamebreaking a bit. Luckily, it can still be salvaged.
No more WLs claim EXCEPT the following.

If you are one of the following please state whether you have received a ring yet:
- Andrius (assuming no)
- Candle Jack
- WeyounsLastClone
- GhostWriter
- ToastyToast (assuming no)
- Apokalyptika
- Oversoul

No need to have someone out themselves when they aren't in lynching range.

No ring here.

---

Vote: Apok
for reasons provided yesterday. (Not sold on WLC, I've seen him act like this as town.)

Now I need to read the rest of the ~8 pages that cropped up.

- Tar
You said my name?
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Blackberry »

I probably skimmed over something, but why are we announcing "Oh btw I activated your abilities last night, who now has a PR?"... or am I missing something with this delayed white ring thing?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@CJ,

Just to be clear, what type of scum are you accusing me of being? Cult or Redscum or other scum or not sure?

Also, why does it matter that I outed my suspicion before vezok answered?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Blackberry wrote:TT - Why were you so certain Nikanor was being serious in his claim, and not faking it, as someone suggested earlier?

? Because he was right the first time. I also think its a really bad gambit.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

ah, no ring
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@subliminal

Do you have any passive abilities?

@toast,

Short of scum receiving white lantern fake-claims (and, given the 'leader' of the red lantern corps claimed green lantern, I'm inclined to believe that's not the case), nikanor cannot be scum. It
was
a gambit. That's it.

ftr, I have reason to believe that you're town (not going to give any details about this at the moment, and I could very well be wrong) but you should probably stop self-voting.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

@tans: Clarification recieved. I was right about having the typical jailkeep format

@muffin: A gambit that I'm really fucking pissed off about. I'm going to have a hard time agreeing with that right now, but w/e I'll try to cool down
And you are right
Unvote

Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Friend »

Holy shit guys, seriously? Nika is town, muffin is town, nopoint is town, hiplop is town.

This is damn easy. WLC is NOT town-aligned.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by hiplop »

UNVOTE: disagree with his play, but i guess it doesn't make him antitown
third best scummer of all time
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Friend wrote:Holy shit guys, seriously? Nika is town, muffin is town, nopoint is town, hiplop is town.

This is damn easy. WLC is NOT town-aligned.

This stikes me as very sincere.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Kast »

Andy:
It's a scum perspective because a townie wouldn't assume scum is screwed, since mafia scum would be screwed but cult and SK woudl be benefitted or unaffected respectively. It would require you to be highly imprecise to make that mixup between scum and mafia. They CAN be used interchangeably, but as you yourself criticized earlier in Day 1, I doubt you would be so careless unless it was slip up.

While this is certainly a subtlety in language, from your posts yesterday, I'm fairly sure you can grasp it. If you disagree (with the content, not with your ability to grasp finer points), then please say so, but don't try to use a technicality to deflect it suc has the potential interchangeability of two words.

Also, as far as mafia perspective from public information, that's a simple concept. It comes down to two points: (1) information asymmetry allows mafia to draw greater conclusions than any single town player;
especially as they can work in concert and point things out to fellow mafioso if someone does miss a point
, and (2) the fact that mafia have a different end goal, thus are more perceptive to things that are more relevance to them (forget the technical term for this, I keep thinking selective bias but I know that's wrong term);
the fire inspector walks into the music store and observes all the escape routes while the guitar enthusiast only sees the vintage Les Paul

Blackberry:
Nice observation. I'm curious as well on the distinction. I assumed uncultable was the same as unrecruitable.
Mod, can we assume these two ability keywords are identical, much like a cop and a detective?

Peregrine:
NPIAU half-assed Vezok, but I don't recall NPIAU every claiming or being included in the mass JL claim.

@Oversoul:
Nik in 865 wrote:He's an SK so we're just going to direct his shots dude.
^--update:This is the most retarded thing to claim if you don't actually know the player is an SK

hiplop wrote:wait, you think I'm VEZOKS partner? WTF.

No...maybe you use the term differently, but from a general grammatical structure, if I say "A claims to be a WL by buddying up to B" that means A is trying to associate himself with B. In this case, Vezok claims to have the same WL mechanic that you claimed, to give him townie cred when for all we know he just copied the information you already stated. I think you are pretty solidly town, hence why he was trying to associate himself with you.

RE: Andy and Tans:
I'm goign to read more into this. I have susp[icions on both, and may have soemthign useful to contribute...when I get through the additional 4 pages of texts...(did I mention you guys talk way too much for me to keep up)?

"A mason whose investigative, bulletproof, and can pass through my ability? Yeah there's no way in hell thats town." <- yes it's possible based on Nik's post
"He actually said that the first investigation was his didn't he? He said he was the first to send it in via PM." <- no he said it's a group power and he was the first to submit. This is a subtle distinction again, but it is very different.

I believe he claiemd a *day* investigation that was a mason team investigation. Day 1. But I think I'm willing to test your 1-for-1 trade, and if we lynch you first. It's tricky since your'e an SK and by common game strategy (where I learned to play), you always use the SK as long as you can.

Nik, are you willing to play chicken with Toast?

Andy wrote:That's the dumbest freaking question ever.
No, it's actually very sensible. Tans is more and more making snese to me. In light of the fact that nik claimed the investigate was a day investigate mason team power, this is consistent and directly comparable to a group ability such as the mafia kill. **I am assuming of course that mafia collectively make a the kill based on the posted site information and the discussion in that quote and others in this thread, but that seems a pretty safe assumption...

"@Nikanor: You dumbass." QFT.

HE DIDNT CLAIM IT THOUGH DID HE?
I THOUGHT HE SAID HE DIDNT LOSE IT.
Dude...we all SAW the post where he lost his BP. Maybe you couldn't guess who it was, but friendly and Nik both hinted at it pretty blatantly. I'm going to start relaxing my general assumption that mafia collectively is as observant as any given player.

[offtopic]Death Note - Interesting manga series.[/offtopic]

I'm willing to lynch Nik now. If he's scum, and we leave him, we'll be in martyr syndrom and if he's jsut an arrogant ad ballsy townie who's willing to fake claim SK results on someone he thinks is MAFIA Jailkeeper, then he's a retard that made a false clai mdesigned to keep mafia alive longer and lull the town into a foolish assumption.

Of the claimed JL masons, can I get a straight word from someone that hasn't completely shot his credibility and competency (read hiplop/friend/muffin), who can you ACTUALLY objectively vouch for? I don't want your read right now; I want to know objectively who I can trust.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

wat
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Kast »

Muffin: are you in a mason group with Nik, hiplop, and friend, and do you know for a fact that none of them are mafia? I'm only interested in objective Mod-given confirmation. For instance, if you are all WLC rather than Justice Leaguers (since we know LLD wasn't in your mason claim and WAS JL), I would assume with just flavor information that you are actually confirmed non cult but nothing beyond that.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Kast, I pmed the mod about the difference between Uncultable and Unrecruitable and they said the difference was the wording.

They wouldn't elaborate on that so I am going to say that the words are interchanageable. Kast, I agree with your suspicion of Tans. Larfleeze is too volatile of a character to be trusted and his paranoia yesterday seemed insincere.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Kast wrote:I'm willing to lynch Nik now. If he's scum, and we leave him, we'll be in martyr syndrom and if he's jsut an arrogant ad ballsy townie who's willing to fake claim SK results on someone he thinks is MAFIA Jailkeeper, then he's a retard that made a false clai mdesigned to keep mafia alive longer and lull the town into a foolish assumption.

How does my play have anything to do with martyr syndrome?
The REASON for why I'm playing ballsy as fuck is because I know I can't be nk'd by the scum. My 'inspection' claim on Toog was part of that. I thought that Toasty had a decent chance of being an SK from his "Notes:" line in his 852, so I claimed an SK result on him to see how he'd react (note that I didn't actually know he was a jailkeeper until AFTER I claimed the SK result on him). I thought if he was town, he'd realize that I'm just being an asshat and ignore me, but if he actually was an SK he'd flip the fuck out on me. When he went and claimed Jailkeeper, I realized that he's probably mafia.
And seriously anyone with a brain could see that I was faking the second investigation, considering I had claimed BULLETPROOF already who faked a result the day before, so there should have been no harm in claiming an SK result.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”