Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:20 am

Post by Tamuz »

Kops, I question your statement to not being worried about BJ. I believe that paranoia should be on 24/7, and at the moment that includes BJ as a person. We should worry about BJ, he is rather random.

I have to say, I'll sit with my vote for now, I'm unsure how it would be moved in case of a deadline... but at the moment I'm happy voting jesus el nino
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:28 am

Post by Orbiting »

Page 6, Still Day One Vote Count.

Tamuz - 3 (BigAl, elvis_knits, Mr. Flay)
kops - 3 (BabyJesus, TSAGod, Fuldu)
TSAGod - 2 (MeMe, kops)
BabyJesus - 1 (Tamuz)
elvis_knits - 1 (Bamboomancer)

Let's sort this out, kids. I'm calling it a
Deadline: 3/22, end of day.
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:35 am

Post by MeMe »

I still like my vote.

But if it winds up being a choice between the vote leaders (not that it HAS to, mind you, but the stated deadline gives us hardly any time) -- Tamuz looks more suspicious than kops to me.

Orbiting
-- could you firm up that deadline with an actual time? It's so near that the number of hours we've got seems vital information.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:37 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Tamuz wrote:Kops, I question your statement to not being worried about BJ. I believe that paranoia should be on 24/7, and at the moment that includes BJ as a person. We should worry about BJ, he is rather random.

I have to say, I'll sit with my vote for now, I'm unsure how it would be moved in case of a deadline... but at the moment I'm happy voting jesus el nino
nah, dpn;t worry, I am pro-town.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:50 am

Post by Orbiting »

MeMe (and others): Let's say midnight, MST (MafiaScum Time) on 3/23.
Last edited by Orbiting on Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:54 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm not sure MafiaScum has a default time, does it?

Orbiting: Is Tamuz listed first because he reached 3 votes first? What happens in case of a tie?
Retired as of October 2014.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:58 am

Post by Fuldu »

Mr. Flay wrote:I'm not sure MafiaScum has a default time, does it?

Orbiting: Is Tamuz listed first because he reached 3 votes first? What happens in case of a tie?
If you haven't actively set a Mafiascum time, it defaults to GMT, so midnight GMT at the end of 3/22 is 7PM EST.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:17 pm

Post by kops »

ok, first of all, @TSAGod... i wasnt concerned about the vote, in fact if you actually bothered to read my posts... you would have noticed that i actually said:
[quote=kops]
but as [the vote] doesnt really matter at this point i guess its not too big of a deal but still
[/quote]
not only that, but you called my vote an OMGUS... notice how i also said:
[quote=kops723]
vote: TSAGod because so far hes posted exactly twice.. once to vote me (
although i do not hold that against him as it was the 2nd post of the game
) and once to give us a list of characters....
[/quote]
(italics by me) i was far more worried about the fact that you were still holding you random vote with no reason whatsoever than the fact that the vote was aimed at me
you
completely
twisted my words around to form the most crappiest logic ever... and in case it isnt obvious
reinforce vote TSAGod

@tamuz: firstly, youre right, i should be worried that BJ might be scum, i just meant i wasnt worried about the vote at that point.
looking back on things, it does seem a bit scummy with the bandwagon hopping he was doing, but to be honest, i really just dont see that big of a case against him. i am much more content voting TSAGod, or else switching to BJ at this point, but i suppose if somebody could do me a favor and provide a good analysis of why tamuz is scum, i will consider switching to him

lastly, i do find it a bit distressing that im one of the vote leaders with only one of the 3 people voting me actually having a coherent reason for voting me... it seems to me like if i get deadline-lynched, thats like turning a page one random vote bandwagon into a lynch. all this will accomplish is losing a townie and gaining no info whatsoever. i would like a reason out of BJ, and a proper reason from TSAGod that does not involve word-twisting or craplogic (note that i am
only
concerned about the vote b/c of the deadline...)
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:19 pm

Post by kops »

ok, first of all, @TSAGod... i wasnt concerned about the vote, in fact if you actually bothered to read my posts... you would have noticed that i actually said:
kops wrote: but as [the vote] doesnt really matter at this point i guess its not too big of a deal but still
not only that, but you called my vote an OMGUS... notice how i also said:
kops wrote: vote: TSAGod because so far hes posted exactly twice.. once to vote me (
although i do not hold that against him as it was the 2nd post of the game
) and once to give us a list of characters....
(italics by me) i was far more worried about the fact that you were still holding you random vote with no reason whatsoever than the fact that the vote was aimed at me
you
completely
twisted my words around to form the most crappiest logic ever... and in case it isnt obvious
reinforce vote TSAGod

sorry fixed quote tags (btw if you were wondering i accidently put the 723 cause that was my old sn that i still use on several places, but i dropped it now)
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:03 pm

Post by TSAGod »

kops wrote:ok, first of all, @TSAGod... i wasnt concerned about the vote, in fact if you actually bothered to read my posts... you would have noticed that i actually said:
kops wrote: but as [the vote] doesnt really matter at this point i guess its not too big of a deal but still
If it doesn't make sense, then why would you mention it?

I will admit to misunderstanding the reason of your vote, however, and given the time constraints, I suppose I will have to
unvote, vote tamuz
, with the understanding that this is in no way firm.
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:29 am

Post by Orbiting »

Further deadline information:
Sorry, I didn't realize you could change your times -- I suppose that when I set up my account either you couldn't do that, or I didn't. Fuldu's estimation of 7 p.m. EST on the 23rd is correct.

The order of the names on the vote count has no hidden meaning. People with most votes come before people with less votes, but other than that, it's random.

If there is a tie when the deadline hits, the player who accumulated the lynch votes fastest of the tied players will be lynched. But I really don't want to have to pull that level of detail, so it would be better if you guys could come to a conclusion before then. :)

Right up to the minute Vote Count

Tamuz - 4 (BigAl, elvis_knits, Mr. Flay, TSAGod)
kops - 2 (BabyJesus, Fuldu)
TSAGod - 2 (MeMe, kops)
BabyJesus - 1 (Tamuz)
elvis_knits - 1 (Bamboomancer)
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

We're getting close to deadline...

Tamuz might want to think about claiming because he is vote leader right now...
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:14 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Al a Stoofer, I refuse to claim anything beyond Mrs. White,
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:43 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Tamuz wrote:Al a Stoofer, I refuse to claim anything beyond Mrs. White,
unvote, vote Tamuz
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:46 pm

Post by bigAl »

Well with the deadline I guess a Tamuz lynch is as good as anything.
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:28 pm

Post by kops »

tamuz... in my opinion that last was really scummy, youre on the chopping block, we need a full claim right now or i'm lynching (although youre good as dead either way at that point).. making a statement like that is getting you absolutely nowhere and in my opinion thats one of the scummiest things you've said so far, if your next post doesnt have a full claim or a
really
good reason why you wont full claim, then im gonna lynch, and if you havent posted before 6:00 CST tomorrow ill lynch you anyway.
b4.. i didnt see you as all that scummy, but you just sent my scumdar through the roof
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:43 pm

Post by bigAl »

If I may throw a wild guess out here, I would suspect that he is either scum or vanilla townie.
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:21 pm

Post by kops »

scum maybe, but if he is vanilla then that is kind of odd to just flat out refuse to full claim... in fact i cant see any position
other
than scum to not full claim right now, (or at least say that he will at 5 votes, instead of flat out refusing)
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:52 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Tamuz wrote:A la Stoofer
Some people need to either do their research or need to get their memories checked.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:24 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Don't be cryptic and don't expect us to do your homework. If you're trying to hide a power role, it's not going to work because scum will have ALL NIGHT to "do their research" and decide whether to kill you. We have less than 48 hours, so anything that'll let us know why it would be a bad idea to kill you would be ON YOU, Tamuz.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:07 pm

Post by Tamuz »

My homework? I know my references, LML does as well--I'd have expected others to, but it seems that some things go beyond us, like this attack on me. I'm not even sure where I would start defending myself, because what I've been accused of it following you, flay, and a slight faux paux of writing scum one too many times.

As far as being blunt, I'm not a fan of it, this is why I get in trouble around life. But if you need me to be simple for you, Mrs. White, the poor widow is just a vanilla'y townie. My power, it a vote and a sacrificial body. I'd have prefered to use it at night and give the town information. However, it seems like my death is more likely to be used right now during the day.
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:25 pm

Post by bigAl »

kops wrote:scum maybe, but if he is vanilla then that is kind of odd to just flat out refuse to full claim... in fact i cant see any position
other
than scum to not full claim right now, (or at least say that he will at 5 votes, instead of flat out refusing)
IMHO, vanilla is one of the roles that refusing to claim is most beneficial. I get the impression that it is the general MafiaScum policy to lynch any claimed townie on D1. If so, then claiming vanilla D1 is almost as good as lynching yourself. If you can convince others not to kill you without having to resort to claims, then there is a much lower chance of getting lynched.

In fact, I think I will
unvote: Tamuz, vote: kops
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:04 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Unvote: Tamuz, Vote: TSAGod
- he's dropped off the radar again, and something's just "funny" there. Also, his claim to not be one of the "main six" roles could be enlightening.

Tamuz, if you live to nightfall, come to the Conservatory with elvis and I. Even a vanilla townie can be proven, at times...
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:34 am

Post by bigAl »

To clairify my vote, kops seemed to be overly eager to lynch Tamuz. It seemed that to kops it wouldn't matter if he claims or not here:
kops wrote:we need a full claim right now or i'm lynching (although youre good as dead either way at that point)..
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

So we're letting Tamuz off the hook for claiming townie? That's different...

Although I had the same reaction to kops quote that bigAl just quoted:
kops wrote:we need a full claim right now or i'm lynching (although youre good as dead either way at that point)..
Seems awfully sure of himself.

I also think TSA's lurking doesn't make him a bad lynch either. But we are getting very close to deadline now and I want to give whoever we want to lynch the chance to claim.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”