Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:17 pm

Post by Thok »

So I have a random thought; are we far enough ahead that we can try to bribe a member of the scum team into revealling their partners in return for helping them achieve one of their win conditions?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:43 am

Post by Nemesis »

I would assume their win conditions would be an expensive price and it is impossible for them to ask what we are prepared to sacrifice...
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:24 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

If a scum outs their partners, I would focus on acheiving my Win Conditions first, but I'd certainly be willing to cut a deal. Maybe, if we're about to lynch, we could give the person a chance to cut some kind of a deal.

I'd be up for it.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:39 pm

Post by VitaminR »

If scum is willing to claim scum, I'd consider it. Until that point, I don't think this speculation gets us anywhere.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:52 pm

Post by Thok »

So, anybody want to say anything about current events?

Prod/Replace Tyfo
please.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:11 pm

Post by VitaminR »

I still want to lynch TSAGod. Other than that, I am suspicious of you for suggesting we try to bribe a member of the scum team and the cult win condition comment earlier.

I think we might need more than one prod, btw.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:20 pm

Post by Adele »

I'm personally waiting on, like, a single comment on the plan I suggested (post 246, I think). Wouldn't this give us the benefits of Nemesis' info without the downsides?

I doubt bribery would work - we don't know how much any one of them would need from us, and we can't negotiate. It's likely they believe they have a good chance of getting both WCs and scum win might be their Major WC so they care more about that then anything else.

Besides, even if one did come forward, we couldn't trust him; he's
scum
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:37 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Adele wrote:I reckon we should bandwagon to see how they react, and if it gets close to lynch and we're bandwagoning an innocent that Nemesis knows of, he steps in before (possibly directly before) that innocent is called upon to claim. To that end,

Vote: TSAGod
Well I agree with the second part and I think we should be careful with asking for claim in case Nemesis can clear someone, but I'm not sure about the first part.

Bandwagoning purely to get a reaction doesn't work if you set out to do this, because scum will know that is the intention and will remain calm. Unless there is threat (the lynch) behind the wagon, we can't rely deduce much from the reaction. Which I think is hard to do anyway.

I'd prefer to go on suspicions, even if it is hard to do without an abundance of information.

I think a couple of players need to step up and post more.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:52 am

Post by Nemesis »

Adele wrote:I'm personally waiting on, like, a single comment on the plan I suggested (post 246, I think). Wouldn't this give us the benefits of Nemesis' info without the downsides?
Sorry, I thought that was what we were going to do... Assuming of course you don't bandwagon everyone in one day.
Bandwagoning purely to get a reaction doesn't work if you set out to do this, because scum will know that is the intention and will remain calm. Unless there is threat (the lynch) behind the wagon, we can't rely deduce much from the reaction. Which I think is hard to do anyway.

I'd prefer to go on suspicions, even if it is hard to do without an abundance of information.
I don't think it was suggested that we should bandwagon random people, I'm fairly sure the current bandwagon has some reasoning behind it.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:01 am

Post by StevieT92 »

Adele wrote:I reckon we should bandwagon to see how they react, and if it gets close to lynch and we're bandwagoning an innocent that Nemesis knows of, he steps in before (possibly directly before) that innocent is called upon to claim. To that end,

Vote: TSAGod
Vote: Adele

When you are bandwagonning to get a reaction, you don't go out and claim it. Either this is a bad play, or an attempt to warn your scumbuddies.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:40 am

Post by Aelyn »

Tyfo was prodded on Friday and has not picked it up; I will start looking for a replacement.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:35 pm

Post by Adele »

StevieT92 wrote:When you are bandwagonning to get a reaction, you don't go out and claim it. Either this is a bad play, or an attempt to warn your scumbuddies.
Hmm, yeah, that makes sense, if we were bandwagoning
just
for a reaction. But that's neither the only thing nor even the main thing. The point of the bandwagons is to find someone scummy-looking who Nemesis doesn't stick up for. If they make themselves look scummi
er
, that's additional advantage, but I hope we're not just counting on that.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:02 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

-Adele's plan looks great. I have to agree.

I'm going to go out on a bit of a limb and say this: Based on my role, I have a little bit of a reason to suspect Thok. I'd like to get a claim from him.

Vote: Thok
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:21 am

Post by VitaminR »

Could you expand on that a little bit? More precisely, how solid is this evidence?
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:33 am

Post by Nemesis »

Any particular reason for the semi claim which will undoubtedly become a full or near full claim? Surely if you had waited for a claim from Thok you could wouldn't have tipped him off first...
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:32 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

VitaminR wrote:Could you expand on that a little bit? More precisely, how solid is this evidence?
The evidence is not 100% conclusive, but it's pretty incriminating. My knowledge of his actions so far has been consistant with my knowledge of a scum's actions so far, and that's about all I can say on the subject without giving too much away. Also, I have a chance of catching him in a lie if he claims wrong.
Nemesis wrote:Any particular reason for the semi claim which will undoubtedly become a full or near full claim? Surely if you had waited for a claim from Thok you could wouldn't have tipped him off first...
Reason - because we have 9 alive and 3 or 4 scum left, meaning someone's going to need to change something or else we are going to lose.

Waiting - If you'll notice, I have bandwagoned/voted Thok a few times in the past. In the above post, I said the minimum I could possibly say that I thought would induce a claim.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:43 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Well let's see where this leads us.

Unvote: TSAGod

Vote: Thok
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:37 pm

Post by Thok »

:roll: So, people are going to follow Pie just because he says so?
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:00 pm

Post by VitaminR »

People? So far it's just me. And yes, pretty much. Why would he be lying?
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:19 am

Post by Aelyn »

The familiar caption shifts into votecount mode.
The Author, in a caption, wrote:Pie_is_Good - 1 (Fuldu)
TSAGod - 2 (Adele, Thok)
Adele - 1 (StevieT92)
Thok - 2 (Pie_is_Good, VitaminR)
I'm still looking for a replacement for Tyfo.

And I need to get Thok's name out of my head :oops:
Last edited by Aelyn on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:36 am

Post by Fuldu »

VitaminR wrote:People? So far it's just me. And yes, pretty much. Why would he be lying?
Because given the potential numbers he's talking about:
Pie_is_good wrote:Reason - because we have 9 alive and 3 or 4 scum left, meaning someone's going to need to change something or else we are going to lose.
...a one-for-one tradeoff with the town player dying first would probably be pretty good for scum right now. Now, I don't think the numbers are quite as drastic as what he's describing, but I'm not going to vote without a bit more information. I'm not averse to the idea of Thok claiming, but I think he should do it without vote pressure, because it isn't clear that vote pressure is safe right now.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:50 am

Post by Pie_is_good »

Fuldu wrote:
Pie_is_good wrote:Reason - because we have 9 alive and 3 or 4 scum left, meaning someone's going to need to change something or else we are going to lose.
...a one-for-one tradeoff with the town player dying first would probably be pretty good for scum right now. Now, I don't think the numbers are quite as drastic as what he's describing, but I'm not going to vote without a bit more information. I'm not averse to the idea of Thok claiming, but I think he should do it without vote pressure, because it isn't clear that vote pressure is safe right now.
The 'Reason' that I gave above was the reasoning behind me deciding to play a little risky, not neccesarily reasoning behind why you should believe me. It was responding to the people asking why I decided to semiclaim.

I'd be okay with Thok claiming under no vote pressure, but I haven't heard him agree to claim at all yet.
Until then...

Pie
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:14 am

Post by Fuldu »

But it also describes a valid reason why you might be lying, which was the question of VitaminR's that I was responding to.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:35 am

Post by Aelyn »

I've just prodded everyone who hasn't posted since the 20th - Adele, StevieT92 and TSAGod. I'm still looking for a replacement for Tyfo.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:21 am

Post by Adele »

Sorry, Aelyn.

Thok, I'd like to hear a claim from you - Pie's gonna have to make account for this request later, it's no free pass.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”