PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:47 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@SpryeX- lol

@FA- night power, the details of which I'm asking about now.

UNVOTE: DonJosh

VOTE: Umbrage
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Flavour Analysis »

Spy
: Well yeah I know that. I have seen that, and Diddin's proposal. But it feels we haven't really talked about it much for people to KNOW that we are going by the book. Or it feels that way since people went ahead and answered the questions anyway (Pere, Bob). I mean I didn't even get a chance to answer them because I was busy replying. :cry:

Peregine
: Night power? I thought it would have been a day power since it seems a bit too open to be a night power. :? Why did you go ahead and answer the questions without consulting the town? (Same question goes to Bob)
Oyatsu Nuki
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:02 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Well, mafia would not wait. And the quiz came up when I first got on. And Toy Story 3 was my favorite (then 1, then 2).

And I can share what the power is, or leave it a giant ass question mark for the mafia to figure out. I'll let everyone vote on that.

So, if enough people I think are town want to hear what the power is, I'll spill the beans.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:18 am

I don't really want to know what it is. The only problem is we don't know if you are town, so we don't really know what you plan to do with it.

Another thing, if you are town, your actions would give the mafia an excuse to do the same the next time, which we don't want. (rushing to answer the questions) I want
everyone
to agree or disagree with the plan before ToDay ends. Mikehart has already disagreed. Me, Spy, and Diddin agree for starters.

Another thing, if you keep your ability concealed, and are night killed, we wouldn't know what you did or why. So we'd assume it would line up with your Day suspicions somehow (if you were night killed)

If you spilled the beans, your power would most likely be null and void since the scum could try and deal with it. So basically we'd expect results from you the next DAy, immediately, and why you did what you did.

Everyone
: I want thoughts on this.
Oyatsu Nuki
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:25 am

Post by SpyreX »

When I see chuckles mclurker jump the gun and get that it makes me seethe.

Moreso, while you're being nice nice with it, its real simple. Lessons through fire.

That CAN NOT happen again and there's only one way to make sure cheeky scum and pants on head town get the idea.

Blood.

Sacrifices to the Blood God.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:48 am

I agree, and I don't think his reasoning was good. Just that TS3 was his favorite. :?

I still want everyone to agree or disagree with the plan before ToDay, that way they have no way of saying "Oh I didn't know about it" or "I disagreed with it" as excuses.

Unvote Vote: PeregineV

FoS: Mb53

The FoS would become a vote later on. (Meaning I now prefer Mb53 over Beefy)

One thing should be made clear. PeregineV should at no time reveal his power or what he would do with it, and why, until he is at l-1.

I looked at Beefy's meta. So, he's null-scummy now. But his catchups being less than average, are his meta. Still null-scummy because of his quick change of reads on Snakeside, and because of not really specifying on why he feels Mb53 and Rainbow to be scum. If he feels that way, I want to see him at least pressure them in the future.
Oyatsu Nuki
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:52 am

Post by Ray Montano »

I don't want to know what Peregine's power is and I do think it was scummy that he jumped in and took it without saying anything first. But I'm also not sure that he'd be the only player to do so. And I don't believe lynching him for it would stop someone else from doing it next time.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:53 am

Post by jmurph3 »

Sorry, all, was busy yesterday. I agree that Peregrine's sudden reemerging just to win the mini-game is suspicious, to say the least. Though I slightly agree with mikehart that it may not be in the spirit of the game as Scott set it up, I agree strongly with the plan as being in the best interest of town, as it will prevent something like this from happening in the next mini-game. Even if Peregrine is scum who got the power, the plan to pick one person will hopefully weed the rest of the scum from doing the same thing. From this point on I would argue that answering the questions without town approval/permission is synonymous with claiming scum.
SodaSpirit17
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
SodaSpirit17
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:00 am

Post by SodaSpirit17 »

I've seen Toy Story 3 like 4 times,but I've seen Toy Story 2 THE MOST out of the 3. I kid you not.

Grats PerV. Yup I'm calling you that from now on :P
~I'm SS17 and I approved this message.~
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:07 am

Post by Umbrage »

PeregrineV wrote:@SpryeX- lol

I love it when sheep are too scared to try and actually deliver a case on me. :lol:
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:09 am

Post by Ray Montano »

Here's the deal though if we wait until the next mini-game pops up to starting deciding we will be too late. Because someone will start up and grab the power before the group decides. But I also don't think its in our best interest to spend a lot of time arguing about who that person should be. So if we are going to vote on someone then can we just keep a running tally of votes and not argue about it?

Peregine what are you afraid of if the scum know what your power is? If there's a role blocker they'll probably just block you anyway because they know you have something.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:19 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Ray Montano wrote:Here's the deal though if we wait until the next mini-game pops up to starting deciding we will be too late. Because someone will start up and grab the power before the group decides. But I also don't think its in our best interest to spend a lot of time arguing about who that person should be. So if we are going to vote on someone then can we just keep a running tally of votes and not argue about it?

Peregine what are you afraid of if the scum know what your power is? If there's a role blocker they'll probably just block you anyway because they know you have something.

Well, right now scum has to worry about what it is. And they can kill me tonight, but I'll get at least one use out of it.
And they can RB me tonight, but that means there not RBing someone else, so I'm OK with that.
They can RB and kill me, but I'm OK with sucking up scum resources for the night.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:23 am

@
Ray
:

This is why I asked for everyone to state if they agree with the plan or not. So Soda, please state if you agree with the plan or not, and why. Umbrage, you too.

I disagree. Essentially, we are voting our town reads to try the quizzes. Everyone should supply a good reason as to why they believe that person to be town, before voting for them, same like you would do for a scum read/vote.

The earlier we discuss it and get it out of the way, the better for town, since that way we won't have to deal with it later and have more disasters occur.
Oyatsu Nuki
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:27 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Umbrage wrote:
PeregrineV wrote:@SpryeX- lol

I love it when sheep are too scared to try and actually deliver a case on me. :lol:

My bad.

Day1 Umbrage case: Umbrage seems scummier than DonJosh, whom I was voting for previously.

Vote: Umbrage
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Ray Montano »

PeregrineV wrote:Well, right now scum has to worry about what it is. And they can kill me tonight, but I'll get at least one use out of it.
And they can RB me tonight, but that means there not RBing someone else, so I'm OK with that.
They can RB and kill me, but I'm OK with sucking up scum resources for the night.

I actually like this answer.

I thought it was a given to provide reasoning but I think it would be useless to argue with someone over their town read. Which wouldn't surprise me if some players decide to try to pick arguments over it. I just generally don't have faith the majority of the game will be able to follow along with the plan without effing it up. But I would have to choose
Give toy: Rainbow
I find Rainbow to be one of the most reasonable and level-headed players in the game who I think is genuinely scumhunting and generating good discussion.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:55 am

bobsnox wrote:SO CLOSE. Got them all right but too slow.

Bob I want you to explain why you stated this. Why did you jump to answering the questions as well?

@
Ray
: Well look at it this way. The plan has been messed up already ToDay, so I don't see how it can go worse. Right now we are trying to fix the mistakes, and hopefully it'll be better the next time a trivia game comes up. Can't be afraid of a plan because of it possibly being messed up. An organized town is a good town.

Well if people really want their town read to get the toy, they have to push for it, and argue for it. I see no wrong in this. If someone disagrees strongly with a person being elected to get the toy, then they should also argue why they feel that way.

I think you feel this will distract the town from actual scumhunting, but I feel this can help the town choose the best candidate for receiving an ability that can HELP TOWN. This doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about our suspects at all. Think of it like defending. When someone attacks you, you have to defend and scumhunt at the same time. This means your content has to increase. Same would happen with this. Talking about the plan, and scumhunting. Scumhunting should be the
first priority
, but it's also a good idea to talk about the plan. :P

Also, on a side note. I don't find it to be against the spirit of the game. This is because I play to win, not just for fun.
Oyatsu Nuki
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:00 am

Post by glowball »

Hold on- are the questions always going to be at that time of day and we are electing people? did I miss something, I thought you won the gift...

They can pop up at any time, but I wouldn't count on it between 3am-9am EST as I am usually asleep.
Last edited by Scott Brosius on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:01 am

No. That's the only trivia for ToDay. One trivia per dAy.

Peregine won the gift.
Oyatsu Nuki
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:02 am

Post by glowball »

So why are people voting on it?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:03 am

Post by PeregrineV »

It might be better if people who actually want to win the "toy" announce themselves, that way people who don't want it don't have to be included in the plan.

For example, I won this one so I can win any others.

P-edit: They're voting on who should answer the questions to limit who gets the gift.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:04 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Glowball- the quizzes will be randomly posted.

Scott Brosius wrote:
For this setup, there will be some mini-games in thread (toys and games and fun!). It will be Toy Story trivia. The first four people to respond to the questions will be in the running for an undisclosed power. Whoever gets the most questions correct will get the power. In the case of a tie, the first person to respond to me will get the power.

They will pop up randomly, but no more than one per game day. There will be three mini-games across the first four game days. I wouldn't expect any of them to pop up between 3am-9am EST though :lol:
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:06 am

Post by Ray Montano »

Flavour Analysis wrote:I think you feel this will distract the town from actual scumhunting, but I feel this can help the town choose the best candidate for receiving an ability that can HELP TOWN. This doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about our suspects at all. Think of it like defending. When someone attacks you, you have to defend and scumhunt at the same time. This means your content has to increase. Same would happen with this. Talking about the plan, and scumhunting. Scumhunting should be the
first priority
, but it's also a good idea to talk about the plan. :P

Aight, well I do think it will be helpful in providing links between flipped scum and other players later in the game.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:09 am

Post by glowball »

Oh well, I would have definitely answered the questions if I was online to do so
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:10 am

Glowball, do you agree with the plan?

Ray, I agree.
Oyatsu Nuki
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:11 am

Post by PeregrineV »

EBWOP

PeregrineV wrote:It might be better if people who actually want to win the "toy" announce themselves, that way people who don't want it don't have to be included in the plan.

For example, I won this one so I
can't
win any others.

P-edit: They're voting on who should answer the questions to limit who gets the gift.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”