Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Beefster »

lol, fail. Let's try that again, shall we?

Flavour Analysis wrote:You forgot? How about my other points in my #639? I’m going to assume you actually conceded to my points and just didn’t address them.
Yes, I forgot. I rarely comment on posts in the order they were written; I'm a little scatterbrained. For example, I wrote this part after commenting on the next quote. So in the other post, I started from the middle, looked around and commented here and there, and ended up missing the two comments at the top. I can reconsider them if you want...

Flavour Analysis wrote:I like to use bullet points, but not for that, sorry. (I don't like to over-use bullet points) I am transparent, but I feel that is too big of a paragraph to put it all in bullet points. Plus I like it that way, it looks neat. I find Bullet points to be better to summarize main points, but that was me giving you my opinions in a paragraph manner. I will post reads further in a bit, in a much neater fashion.
Really? It seems like a perfect time to be using bullet statements. Big paragraphs are rarely a good thing IMO, except in books.

A lot of people won't read intimidating paragraphs like that. You could have at least separated each player into their own paragraphs. I feel like you're trying to be cryptic without technically being cryptic. I try to keep paragraphs clear and defined and avoid going over 3-5 lines.

Flavour Analysis wrote:Yes. 165, 268, and 373.

I don’t really like you vaguely asking about something I have explained many times, due to you not reading closely enough. Now tell me, from seeing those posts, what exactly didn’t you understand about my logic?
The linked posts actually explained things quite well. I skim, sorry.

Flavour Analysis wrote:No, gut is not good enough. I’m sure you noticed something that gave you those vibes, can you at least point to a post or particular statement that made your gut go “OH NO DATZ BADDD”?
Sorry, no. I'm not giving you any more fuel. Make your own cases.

I typically react to general patterns rather than specifics, and often times, I can't really explain why certain patterns disgust me until someone else finds the words I was looking for. It's rather inconvenient, as it often (incorrectly) makes me look like scum.

Flavour Analysis wrote:Also, you had Snakeside as null, but then switched her to scum pretty quickly, what exactly made you change that?
I said "null for now" due to lack of info on my end- then read them later and decided on a light scum read.

Flavour Analysis wrote:...this is the way I scumhunt...
Meta please.
You can't ask questions all the time, y'know.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Beefster »

@FA: You have way too many null reads in #639. You're definitely fencesitting and surveying to base your cases/votes on the most popular opinions. Definitely a scum tactic.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Ray Montano »

diddin wrote:I've got a plan for these minigames. Every day we decide who's the most town. They will be the ONLY PERSON to answer the quiz question, and therefore get the power by default.

Is there one person who you can pick out as 100% town already? I don't want a name, just a yes or no.
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by bobsnox »

yep it's me

obv
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Ray Montano wrote:
Hiraki wrote:
Flavour wrote:Why is Ray scum?

Lol. Don't want to.

I hope you try to go somewhere fun with this later.
I've already explained how you are scummy.

That's why I don't want to.

I'm really getting to that point where I will post a wall of rapeshit.

Diddin knows this, as do many other people.

So come on.

Push me.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Beefster »

And because you asked:

Context wrote:
mb53 wrote:Any posts in particular that make you feel "iffy?"

In general:
-Posts where they ask questions to several people at once.
-They aren't really putting their money where their mouths are.

FA wrote:-I do that to spread my leads out, and to develop my reads. This is D1 so I won't have specific reasons to ask a smaller pool of people questions.
The point was in reference to your surveying. The way you do it looks like scum trying to collect opinions in order to operate as the "popular guy" that tries to please everyone at the same time.

FA wrote:-We have, it's just that both our voting targets hadn't either a). Responded to our pressure or b.) Posted content after committing the action which was suspicious (IE: Donjosh)
The point was mainly on lack of cohesion in posts. You place your vote, then talk about everyone else, then occasionally return to your vote target with a couple sentences... and so on. Probably not the best wording of the point, so I got an undesired response.

I wish you'd use more context in your responses. It's kind of annoying/confusing finding the post you were commenting on.

@Ray: We can nominate the question-answerer at L-3 or so.
Get to know a meat boy
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Flavour Analysis »

Beefy
:

So I am I, yet I also am all about details. Details. : D Anyways, you should try to write in place of what you are replying to, I do that. Then delete the line you replied to and continue replying. It's best you find a way to deal with this so the town can clearly understand you. Now then, I want you to reply to all the points you missed then.

I'm not trying to be cryptic. I don't want my lines to be too short either.

Ok, as you have requested, I want to see some meta from you, Beefy. Town and scum. Most recent would be preferred. Then if you saw a certain 'pattern', i'm sure you could quote that and say you didn't like it. You aren't being transparent, yet you are asking me to be transparent when I already am.

Yes, just check any of my games. Check the hydra wiki, or check my main account, Ranmaru. I ask questions. You'll see it.

I have given more than null reads. Check the post where I voted you and gave new reads. I don't go by popular opinion.
Oyatsu Nuki
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Ray Montano »

Hiraki wrote:Push me.

What's the matter? I mean its not like your case is really that great to begin with. So what's there to push?
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:12 pm

Thank you.

I'm not trying to be popular, I do that to *ta da* develop my reads.
Why was my response 'undesired'? I think I explained it well.

Btw, no. I don't respond in context, I don't like my posts getting too big and cluttered due to quotes. Sometimes I do quote, but I find it disgusting. I want it neat instead. : D It's much easier for me to respond that way as well.
Oyatsu Nuki
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Vote Count 1-11

Beefster
(2)- jmurph3, Flavour Analysis,
bobsnox
(0)-
Bogre
(0)-
chkflip
(0)-
diddin
(0)-
DonJosh
(7)- SnakeSide, NanookTheWolf, SpyreX, Bogre, SodaSpirit17, PeregrineV, glowball,
Flavour Analysis
(1)- Beefster,
FourseenCircumstance
(0)-
glowball
(1)- Umbrage,
hiraki
(0)-
inHimshallibe
(0)-
jmurph3
(0)-
mb53
(0)-
mikehart
(0)-
NanookTheWolf
(0)-
OpposedForce
(2)- chkflip, FourseenCirumstance,
PeregrineV
(0)-
Rainbowdash
(0)-
Ray Montano
(2)- bobsnox, hiraki,
Silver1337
(0)-
SnakeSide
(0)-
SodaSpirit17
(0)-
SpyreX
(0)-
Umbrage (3)- diddin, Ray Montano, Rainbowdash,

Not Voting (6)- Silver1337, mikehart, mb53, Opposed Force, inHimshallibe, DonJosh,

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch. Deadline is August 18th at 1pm EST

Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:42 am

Post by Beefster »

SiTMoA II - Town
OoT Mafia - Town (replaced in)
Man. It's been quite some time since I was last mafia.
Carnie Mafia - Mafia Goon is my most recent IIRC.

As for FA: I've only compared your town play, (since Smashboards doesn't have ISOs) but I can say that the general nature of your surveying is different. In this game, your questions are quite indirect- regarding other players' reads. In other games, you still ask a lot of questions, yes, but they are far more direct. The distinction strikes me as scummy.

I feel like your defenses have been lazy- with a "right back at ya" attitude. You've really just been deflecting my points.
Get to know a meat boy
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

The toys have noticed the activity levels have dropped and people are having less fun. Replacements means that people aren't having enough fun and are leaving. Well it's time to spice things up with a little Toy Story Trivia! We'll start with the most recent adventures you all had! First four to PM me answers will be entered and the highest score will get to choose a mystery prize from one of the three golden toy chests! If there is a tie, the person who responded first will be the victor. Now, if you win a prize, that disqualifies you from future competitions since we should let the other toys have some fun! Good luck!

1. Who is the last toy helped into the Sunnyside box by Buzz?

A. Slinky B. Jessie C. Aliens

2. What kind of toy says "New Toys!" when the gang arrives at Sunnyside?

A. Stuffed animal B. Action figure C. Jack-in-the-box

3. What animal does the arrow point to during the Sunnyside toys gambling animal wheel?

A. Sheep B. Elephant C. Duck

4. What clothing is Ken wearing when Barbie attacks him?

A. Kung fu outfit B. Beach outfit C. Glitter tuxedo

5. What toy does Andy introduce to Bonnie first when he donates his toys to her?

A. Jessie B. Buzz C. Rex

Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:04 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

PeregrineV has possibly seen Toy Story 3 more than I have! Unpossible! He was not only first to respond, but he correctly answered every question! He will select one of the toy boxes and receive a prize!

Better luck next time!

Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:05 am

Thank you. I checked them. I noticed you voted a cop due to not fully reading up, and you were town. See, it's always better to fully catch up to prevent confusion like that from happening.

I always ask people about reads. Expand on my questions being 'direct'. Which games did you look at?

My defenses have not been lazy.
Oyatsu Nuki
bobsnox
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
bobsnox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:05 am

Post by bobsnox »

SO CLOSE. Got them all right but too slow.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:08 am

What the... I thought we were going to vote for that... :eek:

Haha. I didn't remember ToyStory 3 much. I hope there will be some Toystory and Toystory 2 questions in the future. : D

So, what next?
Oyatsu Nuki
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:08 am

Post by Umbrage »

They're not all going to be TS3 questions, are they? I've only seen that movie once.
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:15 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh look at that PV decided to test me. AND now we know the "winner" is displayed.

Here's your prize!

Unvote, Vote: PeregrineV
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:28 am

Post by mikehart »

ISOed up to flavour so here is part 1 of my reads:

Beefster- leaning town - no scuminess noted in the ISO and seems to have some similar thought processes to mine. Gut is a town too so that's where he leans.

Bob- unsure but leaning scummy - didn't get much out of his ISO and have trouble pulling leads on him but my gut says scummy.

Chk - is he replacing out? If not I got nothing on him cause there is just not enough there.

Diddin - town - iso 2 showed a good point about flavour not voting top suspect and voting second suspect. Also, liked the metaphore of gambling odds(not sure if its in iso 2 or later). Iso 5/6 I liked his points about wifom with umbrage. Iso 14 I disagree with minigame plan. Will just devolve into bickering.

Don - scum - too quiet. Minimal reaction to bw which rubs me wrong. Saying "just lynch me" even while town is anti town.

Flavor - null/scummy - questions and little else up to iso 13. Iso 20 is first real analysis. Generally bothered by the massive amount of more more more posts. Iso 21 makes a good point about the chk questions and was simlar to my reasoning. From iso 24 to 30 more questions and more more more posts. Iso 34 uses wifom while responding to one of my posts and also says I "should know better" because of five year old mafia experience. Also, I've never been a prolific or particularly talented player. Up to iso 40 more bitching about posting moar and null else. July head's iso 46 I liked. Started skimming after that cause I'm doing this from a phone and my eyes were glazing over. Flavour I have trouble getting a read on but my gut started out as townish and dwindled to scummy as I read so Id like to finish their iso before I commit to more than the null/scummy read I have.

So after all that I will
Vote: DonJosh
as he is the strongest scum read I have at the moment.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Well there are three trivia games and three movies...... :D

CCCAA for the record.

PeregrineV has selected Chest #2 and received a prize!

Also I will be replacing chkflip I suppose, Fourseen has 48 hours to post since his V/LA ends today.

Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:30 am

Peregine
: Is this a day power? What is it? What are you going to do with it? Please explain yourself. Why haven't you said anything?

Spyrex
: I am a bit annoyed that Pere rushed ahead and got the prize, but I think you should be asking him why he did that without consulting the town before rushing to conclusions.

I think at this time, we should talk more about what to do the next time a mini-game shows up. I mean Diddin came up with a proposal, but not everyone really agreed to it or was really sure about it I guess. I want to make sure everyone knows WHAT we are going to do with the powers.

In fact, I'd vote Ray Montano for the next minigame. Also keep in mind each person can only go once, so it would be best to try your best decision earlier on for a better turnout.

I'll format my vote like this:

Give Toy: Ray Montano

Someone should keep a tally, or a few people should rotate. And I mean every person should rotate, because we don't want to give people the chance to fake contribute.

Consequences: Getting lynched, losing credibility in the town. Those are the only ones I can think of.

Thoughts?
Oyatsu Nuki
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:34 am

MikeHart
: What exactly do you find null/scummy from me?
Oyatsu Nuki
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:35 am

Post by mikehart »

Disagree, I think it goes against the spirit of the game scott has set up but that's my opinion. Also, I think this will devolve to bickering and id rather it be a chance situation because id rather not nominate a mafia member for extra powers. Granted we don't know who mafia is but id still rather it not be voted on.

mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:39 am

Post by mikehart »

Its mostly a gut read but if I had to point out specifics id say the backseat moderating and bitching about people posting. Also, lots of posting with minimal content except for questions and answering direct questions with a small bit of analysis. Again I reiterate I haven't gone through your whole iso completely and did notice your posts seeming to hold more content(or at least being longer) but as I said I kinda glazed over and stopped reading on this tiny screen.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:44 am

Post by SpyreX »

Seriously now FA?

THAT group, period, better be getting these. We'll run a test on the first one and I'm hoping that its silly enough to give us who wins it because if that's the case and one of those names doesn't pop up with the bright YOU ARE A WINNER you might as well just vote yourself and walk away.

Even more so something interesting is going on. Namely prizes being won and selected and yet not a post to be found.

Death.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”