Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Kast »

With Toog lynched, I'm keeping my vote where it is.

@Ooba-
This was ridiculous. There's no need to invent a BS reason to justify voting Toog. The claimed guilty is the reason for lynching him. Also, your flavor chronology is screwed up and indicates you have not actually read the comics but instead are just quoting bits and pieces from a wiki (or whatever source). Ganthet became a Deputy Green Lantern at the same time that Luthor became a Deputy Orange Lantern.

More than that though, the Mod took liberties flavor in BNM and has said he may do the same in BDM. Flavor CAN be helpful, but this was not an example of that.

@Tans-
Does your PM mention of Luthor include anything that identifies or hints at Luthor
as town
, or is that just a conclusion you are drawing?

The flavor of Luthor's as a villain AND his betrayal of his mission support him as prob-scum. The Governor claim asks to be tested (and Ooba's claim to be town but to be unwilling to Governor himself is WTF?!?). But trumping both of those is that his play itself strongly suggests he is playing as scum.
And this is getting to outguessing the mods, but I think his posted choice submission speculation for game setup has a good chance at being correct and I would expect Dana to give Ooba Luthor/SK/Independent given his post guessing about Luthor

I could see Tans as town with Ooba as scum (of some sort). I could also see a Larfleeze/Luthor pair as two third party roles (potentially not on the same team as each other).

@Mastin-
Your softclaim as
X
of
X
and
Y
STRONGLY suggests who you and
Y
are
AND
STRONGLY suggests that
Y
is a role that probably does not want to reveal herself. But it looks much more like a town-town pair than the Oranges.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:57 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

Yea. I don't think CR get fake claims like Luthor
Justice will prevail
\m/
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:00 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

nopointinactingup wrote:Yea. I don't think CR get fake claims like Luthor

Screw this ... I'm not waiting around ...

You need to clarify ...

1. Do you think the CR would not get a fake-claim at all (I don't think this is where you are going but want to be clear).
2. Do you think the CR would not get a Luther fake-claim when Tans has said via his role-PM Luther is likely in the game?

I need clarity on this.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Kast »

@LLD-
Also, please stop with the colored font stuff. It's annoying for others to read. If that's not enough reason for you to stop, it's also technically against the rules.

@Mod-

After a lynch does the vote count reset or do we continue with the previous votes?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Ooba
Show

Mr Subliminal
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:18 am

Post by Mr Subliminal »

Andrius wrote:lolJOAT claim. And to make it. Better if he does flip scum we can exPect to see other lolFakeclaims because of it. (read: commuter, hider, bulletproof, guvna', etc)

*reads Andrius' words*

*looks at ooba's claim*

*looks at Andrius not voting ooba*

*spreads arms wide*

Andrius wrote:Don't know why magua is all mistrustful of MASON COP CLAIM. If you're town. You'll accept the balance and move on.

We fully believe the masonry. We didn't attack ooba because we thought Toogeloo was town; we attacked ooba because we thought his reasons for attacking Toogeloo were bs.

ooba wrote:@MrSub - Do you believe Tans or don't you? What do you think I am - scum or cult?

We believe that Tanstalus is Larfleeze.
We're not sure which faction you are -- we just both agree you're scummy.

Unrelatedly, LLD's vote on IHSIB is bad.

I'm too lazy
drunk
to put in subliminal messages
hot sex
Well, that's a really good point you made
I'm town
there, and I'm going to give it a good mulling over
sheep me
. In the meantime,
lynch Andrius
let's talk about something else
hot sex
. How about
don't night-kill me
that latest sporting event
hot sex
. Man! They sure
defend me
played really well!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:36 am

Post by ooba »

Kast wrote:With Toog lynched, I'm keeping my vote where it is.

@Ooba-
This was ridiculous. There's no need to invent a BS reason to justify voting Toog. The claimed guilty is the reason for lynching him. Also, your flavor chronology is screwed up and indicates you have not actually read the comics but instead are just quoting bits and pieces from a wiki (or whatever source). Ganthet became a Deputy Green Lantern at the same time that Luthor became a Deputy Orange Lantern.

More than that though, the Mod took liberties flavor in BNM and has said he may do the same in BDM. Flavor CAN be helpful, but this was not an example of that.

@Tans-
Does your PM mention of Luthor include anything that identifies or hints at Luthor
as town
, or is that just a conclusion you are drawing?

The flavor of Luthor's as a villain AND his betrayal of his mission support him as prob-scum. The Governor claim asks to be tested (and Ooba's claim to be town but to be unwilling to Governor himself is WTF?!?). But trumping both of those is that his play itself strongly suggests he is playing as scum.
And this is getting to outguessing the mods, but I think his posted choice submission speculation for game setup has a good chance at being correct and I would expect Dana to give Ooba Luthor/SK/Independent given his post guessing about Luthor

I could see Tans as town with Ooba as scum (of some sort). I could also see a Larfleeze/Luthor pair as two third party roles (potentially not on the same team as each other).

@Mastin-
Your softclaim as
X
of
X
and
Y
STRONGLY suggests who you and
Y
are
AND
STRONGLY suggests that
Y
is a role that probably does not want to reveal herself. But it looks much more like a town-town pair than the Oranges.

So let's analyze this
- There is no reason for me (as scum) to invent a BS reason to vote Toog when I could have just sheeped the rest into voting for the guilty. Absence of any scum motivation for pointing out that his claim didn't fit the {white,tans-me} claims points to me doing exactly what I said I was - pointing out discrepencies as town.
- Maybe you should actually go back and read the flavor Toog claimed (the reason why I asked him for it) and the comics again:
-- Ganthet was only a deputy GL at the end of Blackest night
-- Ganthet only resigned as a Guardian and became a full-time GL only at the start of Brightest day
http://greenlantern.wikia.com/wiki/Ganthet

- I was unwilling to waste a lynch on myself. What do you think would have happened?
-- I use the governor on me. Town lynches me. I survive. Second lynch also on me. Bam - two lynches wasted and one town player down. Clearly, I was going to be lynched and didn't see why I had to waste another lynch.
Anyway - Mod has confirmed that I cannot use it on myself.
Also - I don't see the point in wasting a lynch just to confirm myself. If the exact power transfers - tans should be able to confirm it's a Governor.

Am I cult?

No. I am not going to come out of the gates cult hunting as cult. Lying low or just general scum hunting (i.e my regular play as Mafia) would have carried me through most of the game without getting lynched.

Am I scum?

No. One, I have tans vouching for me. Two, the brokeness of the Janitor+Governor combo should be apparent.

Am I third-party?

If I was third party like Tans last time, the mods would have given me a fakeclaim. (Tans had "Sodam Yat" last game)
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Kast »

Ooba wrote:- There is no reason for me (as scum) to invent a BS reason to vote Toog when I could have just sheeped the rest into voting for the guilty. Absence of any scum motivation for pointing out that his claim didn't fit the {white,tans-me} claims points to me doing exactly what I said I was - pointing out discrepencies as town.
This is NOT what I said at all and is ridiculous. There is no reason for you (as town) to invent a BS reason to vote Toog. There is pretty obvious reason for scum Ooba to BS a reason; it looks like you were over-justifying your vote and/or pretending that you had a unique/legitimate reason for voting to buy yourself town-cred when Toog flipped.
Show

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Kast »

Submitted before finishing response.

If a townie can stop the lynch of a confirmed townie, then he should. There's NO guarantee at all that you'd be lynched again, but not using your power GUARANTEES that a townie PR gets mislynched.

Am I cult?
No. I am not going to come out of the gates cult hunting as cult. Lying low or just general scum hunting (i.e my regular play as Mafia) would have carried me through most of the game without getting lynched.
Wifom.
Am I scum?
No. One, I have tans vouching for me. Two, the brokeness of the Janitor+Governor combo should be apparent.
Is this serious at all?
Am I third-party?
If I was third party like Tans last time, the mods would have given me a fakeclaim. (Tans had "Sodam Yat" last game)
It is certainly possible that you have a fake claim you chose not to use. (Especially given your claim was AFTER a Larfleeze claim that didn't result in a lynch). It's also entirely possible that you are lying about being Luthor or having a Governor power at all. The whole "I'm a governor but I'm not going to use it. Oh wait I can't use it." Doesn't exactly ring with confidence.
Show

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Nikanor »

JUSTICE LEAGUE.
Vote: ooba.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:12 am

Post by ooba »

Kast wrote:Submitted before finishing response.

If a townie can stop the lynch of a confirmed townie, then he should.
There's NO guarantee at all that you'd be lynched again
, but not using your power GUARANTEES that a townie PR gets mislynched.

Of course there is - I'm good at reading the general mood of the town. So - even if I had survived the first lynch - what bearing does it really have on alignment? Could have still been scum who had a self-governor power, could have been a scumbuddy who saved me .. Considering that the town is
still
suspicious of me even after another player vouches for me, pretty sure I was right in that read that I would have gotten lynched twice anyway.

Like I said I was happy at that point getting mislynched if it meant the second lynch could be used on a prob-CR. (Plus, me flipping town would hopefully at least make people read that analysis).

@WIFOM on cult hunting: No. Coming out strongly against the cult already exhibits selective scumhunting - a tell which I avoid as scum in a multi-scum game. So that action increased the risk that I would be lynched at no real tangible benefit for myself - since the argument "I won't hunt cult as cult" is easily dismissed as WIFOM - therefore an action which is suboptimal as cult.

@Janitor+Governor: Of course it's serious. He's flipped a 2-shot Janitor. I can make sure one lynch doesn't happen. So between the two of us, we could have made sure that town didn't get the first three lynch flips.

And good misrep on the Governor. I can't use it on myself. I still can use it on somebody else if needed. I choose not to.
Mr Subliminal
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Mr Subliminal »

OMGENIUS post incoming. Please hold your breath abatedly.
I'm town
sheep me
. In the meantime,
lynch Andrius
hot sex
. How about
don't night-kill me
hot sex
. Man! They sure
defend me
played really well!
Mr Subliminal
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Mr Subliminal »

Never mind, I'm just DERPALERPALISCIOUS.
I'm town
sheep me
. In the meantime,
lynch Andrius
hot sex
. How about
don't night-kill me
hot sex
. Man! They sure
defend me
played really well!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Nikanor »

Okay, ooba:
a) Whence are you getting the idea that Toog could target someone during the day? I don't see "day janitor" in his role, do you?
b) One-shot governor on a two-player cult team would be a decent way to reduce the likelihood of the CR being lynched d1.

Everyone else: Please stop referring to ooba as a PR. Governor is hardly useful to the town.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Someone explain to me why inhim is town.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:31 am

Post by ooba »

Nikanor wrote:Okay, ooba:
a) Whence are you getting the idea that Toog could target someone during the day? I don't see "day janitor" in his role, do you?
b) One-shot governor on a two-player cult team would be a decent way to reduce the likelihood of the CR being lynched d1.

Everyone else: Please stop referring to ooba as a PR. Governor is hardly useful to the town.
a) I've only played with a Janitor in the invitational where scum could use it on lynches.
b) Personally, a backup CR is better setup choice than either Governor or making the CR one-shot lynch proof. Doesn't punish the town for correct play and still gives the chance that the setup wouldn't become boring if CR dies early. You think Tans is in a two-player cult team with me?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Nikanor »

ooba wrote:You think Tans is in a two-player cult team with me?

wtf, no. I think tans is town, and I think you're
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:34 am

Post by Nikanor »

FAKECLAIMING
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:36 am

Post by ooba »

Nikanor wrote:FAKECLAIMING

Fakeclaiming what?
- Rolename?
- Governor ability?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:38 am

Post by Nikanor »

Rolename. I think you're actually a governor (it would be pretty stupid to fakeclaim a provable role that is absolutely useless to the town), I just don't think you're Lex Luthor or town.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:43 am

Post by ooba »

Nikanor wrote:Rolename. I think you're actually a governor (it would be pretty stupid to fakeclaim a provable role that is absolutely useless to the town), I just don't think you're Lex Luthor or town.

- If you believe the role part of it, then I'm most not scum. Just checked BNM - Janitor was a passive skill which hid alignments of scum kills. Governor+Janitor would still be OP for a single scum team.
- Lex Luthor is a pretty awful fakeclaim to give to cult.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:45 am

Post by ToastyToast »

@Tans: Plz expand your view on Ooba-town via role PM

Mr Subliminal wrote:*reads Andrius' words*
*looks at ooba's claim*
*looks at Andrius not voting ooba*
*spreads arms wide*

Um, Toog hadn't been lynched at the time of that post

Mr Subliminal wrote:If Toog is anything but cult recruiter, we are better off directing his vig shot before lynching him regardless of anything else the basics.

This leads me to believe that Subliminal has a large chance of being scum with Toog.

@Ooba: Even considering that you self-governor is anti-town. WHy did you need to ask the mod? Did you WANT to use the governor on yourself?

LLD wrote:Someone explain to me why inhim is town.

Because he claimed miller and isn't scummy

Hm. Find it strange that both Tans and Ooba (the claimed oranges) went after WLC. Coordinated assault?

Andrius wrote:Um what? Wouldn't that just make him dumb/unobservant? Unless he deliberately left it out which I don't think he'd do as its easily cross-verifiable.

Andrius wrote:Idiot.
Unvote, Vote: ToastyToast

lolk

Vote:Ooba
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Mr Subliminal
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Mr Subliminal »

Here's a little bit of OMGENIUS cause I love y'all.

ooba,
Who says there's only one scumteam? I personally think we have 3 (Red, Yellow, Black).
So your defence is "Luthor is a bad fakeclaim" instead of saying "tans has confirmed me"? Interesante...
I'm town
sheep me
. In the meantime,
lynch Andrius
hot sex
. How about
don't night-kill me
hot sex
. Man! They sure
defend me
played really well!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:53 am

Post by ooba »

ToastyToast wrote:@Ooba: Even considering that you self-governor is anti-town. WHy did you need to ask the mod? Did you WANT to use the governor on yourself?
Wasn't there in the PM so thought it was worth clarifying.

ooba,
Who says there's only one scumteam? I personally think we have 3 (Red, Yellow, Black).
So your defence is "Luthor is a bad fakeclaim" instead of saying "tans has confirmed me"? Interesante...

- I'm assuming one scum team till we see evidence for another. I think it's unlikely but sure - Yellow could be another mafia team and I could be it's Governor.
- I've said that too. Luthor being a bad fakeclaim for cult is another point that needs to be brought up.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:56 am

Post by Nikanor »

ooba:
-1sGov+2sJan is not OP for scum when we have double day in effect.
-Giving the scum "bulletproof townie" as a fakeclaim would be pretty terrible as well, but that didn't stop dana from doing it in BNM. dana isn't known for providing good fakeclaims.

Can someone vig ToastyToast tonight please?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Friend »

I think there's a great chance there's another scumteam.

So yeah...this defense:

ooba wrote:@Janitor+Governor: Of course it's serious. He's flipped a 2-shot Janitor. I can make sure one lynch doesn't happen. So between the two of us, we could have made sure that town didn't get the first three lynch flips.

sucks.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”