ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:23 am

Post by ooba »

Toogeloo wrote:Ganthet, Green Lantern Jack of All Trades [Cop, Doc, Vig]

Look how fast these votes switched from a claimed Governor to the second vote leader. Yeah, this doesn't reek.
Flavor ..
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Toogeloo »

I was a Guardian of the Universe, created the Blue Lanterns with Sayd, and apparently was leader of both Blue and Green. Resigned from leadership to be a full Green Lantern much to the disappointment of the other Guardians.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:37 am

Post by ooba »

Toogeloo wrote:I was a Guardian of the Universe, created the Blue Lanterns with Sayd, and apparently was leader of both Blue and Green. Resigned from leadership to be a full Green Lantern much to the disappointment of the other Guardians.

Timeline is wrong. This game presumably takes place between the end of Blackest night and the beginning of Brightest Day. As evidenced by
- White lanterns not being part of the game yet
- The 24-hour ring deputization which happened towards the end of Blackest night
"In responce to this, Ganthet activated a hidden code in the power rings which forcibly duplicated them, and sent these duplicates off to find other bearers. Presumably this code is different from the other more common method of duplication, which was in fact a temporary construct intended to deputize an individual for 24 hours. With one of the Green Rings, Ganthet became a deputy Green Lantern."

So since Ganthet was supposed to be the one responsible to this 24-hour power transfer, you can't be a green lantern as of this moment yet as that happens later.
With the end of the Blackest Night, Ganthet along with Guy Gardner had secret communiques with the Red Lantern leader Atrocitus who told them to come to Ysmault. There, Ganthet explained his mysterious goals to the Red Lantern with the three agreeing to a form of pact between them. With that complete, Ganthet returned to Oa in order to make the ultimate sacrifice which was resigning himself from the status as Guardian of the Universe of any of the Corps and instead become devoted to becoming a Green Lantern.

tl;dr - You cannot be a Green lantern on D1 given the other claims.

Vote: Toog
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:41 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Friend wrote:Obvious Nikanor joke and an overreaction by Toog.

Lynch him, guys.

--------------------
ToastyToast wrote:@Toog: How could there be a coordinated "fake" mod guilty? If the others involved too say that they have a mod-guilty, then it cannot be ignored. If Nikanor is lying and the other two disagree...that's another story, isn't it.

Ugh, I have a bad experience with governors, but I guess it makes sense for any faction given the whole double-lynch thing. Willing to listen to Tans.

tanstalas wrote:Well whatever, we have two lynches, If Nik is scum and going 1 for 1 we can still lynch him today. Would be a stupid play from him. Though I wouldn't doubt that someone in his masonry is scum. 3 person masronry seems a bit OP

Unvote:
Vote Toog

Obviously, not a joke to some people...
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:41 am

Post by ooba »

Unvote. Vote: Toog
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Toogeloo »

ooba wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:I was a Guardian of the Universe, created the Blue Lanterns with Sayd, and apparently was leader of both Blue and Green. Resigned from leadership to be a full Green Lantern much to the disappointment of the other Guardians.

Timeline is wrong. This game presumably takes place between the end of Blackest night and the beginning of Brightest Day. As evidenced by
- White lanterns not being part of the game yet
- The 24-hour ring deputization which happened towards the end of Blackest night
"In responce to this, Ganthet activated a hidden code in the power rings which forcibly duplicated them, and sent these duplicates off to find other bearers. Presumably this code is different from the other more common method of duplication, which was in fact a temporary construct intended to deputize an individual for 24 hours. With one of the Green Rings, Ganthet became a deputy Green Lantern."

So since Ganthet was supposed to be the one responsible to this 24-hour power transfer, you can't be a green lantern as of this moment yet as that happens later.
With the end of the Blackest Night, Ganthet along with Guy Gardner had secret communiques with the Red Lantern leader Atrocitus who told them to come to Ysmault. There, Ganthet explained his mysterious goals to the Red Lantern with the three agreeing to a form of pact between them. With that complete, Ganthet returned to Oa in order to make the ultimate sacrifice which was resigning himself from the status as Guardian of the Universe of any of the Corps and instead become devoted to becoming a Green Lantern.

tl;dr - You cannot be a Green lantern on D1 given the other claims.

Vote: Toog

Flavor meta? When did that ever not get anyone in to trouble?
Mr Subliminal
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Mr Subliminal »

Flavor meta is stupid
no message needed
. Either his claim is real or it's a mod-provided fakeclaim. It seems really odd coming from ooba, whose claim is based on someone who was an Orange Ring for less than 24 hours.

If Toog is anything but cult recruiter, we are better off directing his vig shot before lynching him regardless of anything else
the basics
Well, that's a really good point you made
I'm town
there, and I'm going to give it a good mulling over
sheep me
. In the meantime,
lynch Andrius
let's talk about something else
hot sex
. How about
don't night-kill me
that latest sporting event
hot sex
. Man! They sure
defend me
played really well!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:12 am

Post by ooba »

Mr Subliminal wrote:Flavor meta is stupid
no message needed
. Either his claim is real or it's a mod-provided fakeclaim. It seems really odd coming from ooba, whose claim is based on someone who was an Orange Ring for less than 24 hours.

If Toog is anything but cult recruiter, we are better off directing his vig shot before lynching him regardless of anything else
the basics
It makes even more sense coming from me? - since tans claim on the 24 hour bit places the game at the end of Blackest night on D1. So let's analyze
- Justice league has a "Hostile" result on Toog.
- Claim really doesn't make sense. He's probably modified his fakeclaim so that there's an incentive to keep him around.
You lynch those with a guilty on them - those be
the basics
Mr Subliminal
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Mr Subliminal »

You're not arguing that he should be lynched because of the guilty, you're arguing he should be lynched because you say his claim doesn't make sense. You then attack the flavor of his claim.

Attacking the flavor of his claim is stupid.

I'm not saying Toog's innocent, I'm saying that your attack on him reeks as disingenuous when its well known that the mod provides scum fakeclaims.
I'm town
sheep me
. In the meantime,
lynch Andrius
hot sex
. How about
don't night-kill me
hot sex
. Man! They sure
defend me
played really well!
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:19 am

Post by Toogeloo »

ooba wrote:- Justice league has a "Hostile" result on Toog.

Which I just quoted was an "obvious joke."

Their only intention was to get a rise out of me apparently.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Nikanor »

The guilty is real. Friend was lying wen he said it was a joke.
Sublim, the claim is garbage. Toog probably has something that will help his faction if he lives another night (i.e. recruit, vanillization, any investigative role). I say we trust the confirmed town's guilty cop result and lynch the obvious scum before he gets a chance to do anything.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:29 am

Post by ooba »

Mr Subliminal wrote:You're not arguing that he should be lynched because of the guilty, you're arguing he should be lynched because you say his claim doesn't make sense. You then attack the flavor of his claim.

Attacking the flavor of his claim is stupid.

I'm not saying Toog's innocent, I'm saying that your attack on him reeks as disingenuous when its well known that the mod provides scum fakeclaims.
I asked for a claim and pointed out the holes in it - either the mod was lazy with the fakeclaim creation or the more probable scenario of Toog decideding to modify the fakeclaim of (Ganthet, something else) to JoAT and added on the Green lantern bit so that it's more believable. Just because you don't consider scenarios where scum tinker with mod provided fakeclaims doesn't make attacking claims via flavor stupid.

@Toog: Nikanor wouldn't have let this go till L-2 and allow people to lynch you if this was an ruse attempt.
Mr Subliminal
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Mr Subliminal »

Has there been a hammer yet?
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Toog
Just in case.
I'm town
sheep me
. In the meantime,
lynch Andrius
hot sex
. How about
don't night-kill me
hot sex
. Man! They sure
defend me
played really well!
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:39 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

The other head has finally weighed in with reads so I am letting him make our next large content post.

But a quick thought on current events -

Toog's claim is essentially the fake-claim that Kast made in Blackest Night Mafia without the color changing element.

ooba is clearly scumtastic for his attack on the claim for flavor reasons.

I'm really not sure what the point of all the 'Justice League' members specifically outing themselves if they get group abilities as they can be picked off by scum quicker that way.

VOTE: Toog

A guilty claim in a DoubleDay absolutely should be tested.
The Book of Oa
The Book of Oa
Goon
The Book of Oa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:46 am

Post by The Book of Oa »

Votecount 1.1.6

Toogeloo (13) - Nikanor, Lady Lambdadelta, zMuffinMan, Friend, tanstalas, ToastyToast, CandleJack, Oversoul, mastin2, nopointinactingup, Andrius, ooba, Mr. Subliminal
ooba (6) - WeyounsLastClone, Toogeloo, Apokalyptika, vezokpiraka, GhostWriter, Kast
Andrius (1) - inHimshallibe
vezokpiraka (1) - hiplop

Not Voting (3) - FrozenMirror, marco1610, kondi2424

A lynch has been reached. Mod scene forthcoming...
"In these revered pages lies all the knowledge of the Guardians. Our rings will ask what it knows, and translate its text into words you understand. Watch and learn..."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Andrius »

But yeah why the hell are you all "scum would figh the lynch with counter wagon"

Fucking claimed investigation from mason group.
What's so hard to believe?!? You can only fight against that for do long; the fact it's a masongroup should be all the credibility you need

lolJOAT claim. And to make it. Better if he does flip scum we can exPect to see other lolFakeclaims because of it. (read: commuter, hider, bulletproof, guvna', etc)
Don't know why magua is all mistrustful of MASON COP CLAIM. If you're town. You'll accept the balance and move on.
The Book of Oa
The Book of Oa
Goon
The Book of Oa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:56 am

Post by The Book of Oa »

The Guardians watched their chosen warriors set off from the planet Oa one by one, hoping that they would be enough to stem the accursed black tide. But before all of them had exited the atmosphere, one of the Guardians suddenly noticed a shadowed figure hovering over their planet.
"Tell us your name, stranger, or be executed in the name of the Green Lantern Corps. We are mobilizing for war, and do not have time to waste."

The shadowy figure replied in a deep voice, "I am Ganthet, returned from far away to my homeland."

"Ganthet is not supposed to be back for weeks!", the Guardian exclaimed. Then the remaining good lanterns turned their beams to the shadowy stranger and shot him out of the sky. When his body hit the ground, acidic blood spewed everywhere, destroying the plant life around it. Although it was only a beginning to this fearsome battle, they knew a great foe had already been conquered.

Toogeloo
Atrocitus (Uncultable 2-Shot Extra-Janitor)
, leader of the
Red Lantern Corps
, lynched D1.

The second lynch of the day begins now. With 23 alive, it takes 12 to lynch. Deadline is 2 weeks from this post.
"In these revered pages lies all the knowledge of the Guardians. Our rings will ask what it knows, and translate its text into words you understand. Watch and learn..."
Mr Subliminal
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Mr Subliminal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:59 am

Post by Mr Subliminal »

VOTE: ooba
I'm town
sheep me
. In the meantime,
lynch Andrius
hot sex
. How about
don't night-kill me
hot sex
. Man! They sure
defend me
played really well!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:02 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Vote: inhim
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:04 am

Post by ooba »

Good. You got your scum lynch - now let's lynch cult.
Vote: WLC

@MrSub - Do you believe Tans or don't you? What do you think I am - scum or cult?

@LL - inhim is a bad lynch - given the miller claim.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Toog, you're acting awful serious for a vote that is "in jest".

I think by this point we can say that the "Joke Vote" defense is bullshit.

So tell me Toog, am I scum?

Cut by Vezok being creepy and Nikanor echoing me (or me echoing him, whatever).

I don't agree with this.

Actually, considering I DO think it was a joke vote...

unvote
vote: Andrius
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
The Book of Oa
The Book of Oa
Goon
The Book of Oa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:07 am

Post by The Book of Oa »

Two things of importance:

1) marco1610 must be replaced, and I still haven't found a kondi2424 replacement. PM your friends!

2) I, danakillsu, will be on V/LA from the 5th to the 15th, so most of that time Dekes will be taking care of you. There might, however, be 2 or 3 days where he's on V/LA as well, so we'll get somebody to help out with that. This obviously wasn't the plan, to have this so soon after the game started, but thanks to that little glitch with signups, it was unavoidable.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:45 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

Fun Fact 1: Red leader lynched Day 1 just like the last game (Blackest Night)
Fun Fact 2:
Vote:Apokalyp

@Vezok: Did you get a PM from the mod when the Justice League did?
Justice will prevail
\m/
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Friend »

JUSTICE LEAGUE LET'S DO THIS

VOTE OOBA
Candle Jack
Candle Jack
Goon
Candle Jack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Candle Jack »

With a Red Lantern down I'd rather take out the probable Cult Recruiter first, actually. Ooba can wait until tomorrow.

Vote: Apokalyptica
for reasons mentioned earlier.

- Tar
You said my name?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”