jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:12 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Well the problem is, in Lynch or Lose, and you are scum, and your partner gets lynched, you can stop it and kill in night to win the game. that is the issue and why I was asking about it. I ran a scum govoner in a game and it caused a lot of confusion to people. He was lynched early though and could not stop his own lynch, in fact I have never seen one that could stop his own, but shrug not going to even try outguessing mod.

here is link to the scum govoner game I mentioned just for reference!

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=17325
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:25 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Rhinox wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:Game I played with a Governor prevented any votes for a player during the day phase (or reduced all votes to 0), but allowed lynching of another player.

Pretty much this. I get the option to use it in twilight before the lynch scene is posted. If I use it, the player I use it on may not be lynched for the rest of the day. So no, it doesn't end the day. Yes, I can use it at will (but don't see a reason to before lylo unless you guys want to blow away the role).

Didn't you earlier say you had the
option
to use it in twilight? But now you can only use it in twilight? This also seems like a very limited use Governor considering we could potentially lynch with you away and then the scene get posted shortly after and you would be completely unawares.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:26 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Rhinox needs to governor himself.
green shirt thursdays
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:38 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Also, usually a Governor using his power does end the day, just with no lynch as a lynch has been reached. At least in my experience
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:40 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Rhinox refuses to govern himself.

He also has yet to vote SW. Instead, he has done things like say "Oh, btw Amrun, why'd you block Wraith?"

Rhinox is a probable buddy.
green shirt thursdays
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:46 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

can we get a vote count please, mod?

I agree with Reck, I think it is likely the pair are scum.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:50 am

Post by Rhinox »

jasonT1981 wrote:Well the problem is, in Lynch or Lose, and you are scum, and your partner gets lynched, you can stop it and kill in night to win the game. that is the issue and why I was asking about it. I ran a scum govoner in a game and it caused a lot of confusion to people. He was lynched early though and could not stop his own lynch, in fact I have never seen one that could stop his own, but shrug not going to even try outguessing mod.

here is link to the scum govoner game I mentioned just for reference!

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=17325

If its Lylo, and I stop a lynch thats not an obvious scum quickhamer situation, the day continues and you can lynch me if you think I'm scum.

Toogeloo wrote:
Rhinox wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:Game I played with a Governor prevented any votes for a player during the day phase (or reduced all votes to 0), but allowed lynching of another player.

Pretty much this. I get the option to use it in twilight before the lynch scene is posted. If I use it, the player I use it on may not be lynched for the rest of the day. So no, it doesn't end the day. Yes, I can use it at will (but don't see a reason to before lylo unless you guys want to blow away the role).

Didn't you earlier say you had the
option
to use it in twilight? But now you can only use it in twilight? This also seems like a very limited use Governor considering we could potentially lynch with you away and then the scene get posted shortly after and you would be completely unawares.

Don't be an idiot. "I get the option to use it in twilight" means I can only use it in twilight, after a lynch has occured. I either use it in twilight or I don't use it at all. I can send in a just in case action to the mod in case I'm not around, but it does not count as an action until the player I'm choosing to govern is officially lynched. Meaning I can send a PM to the mod saying "If X is lynched, I will govern them". That does not count as using my shot unless X is actually lynched.

jasonT1981 wrote:Also, usually a Governor using his power does end the day, just with no lynch as a lynch has been reached. At least in my experience

No, I'm telling you it doesn't.

xRECKONERx wrote:Rhinox refuses to govern himself.

He also has yet to vote SW. Instead, he has done things like say "Oh, btw Amrun, why'd you block Wraith?"

Rhinox is a probable buddy.

God you are all being [REDACTED].

IF YOU WANT ME TO USE MY SHOT ON MYSELF, YOU HAVE TO LYNCH ME FIRST. I CAN'T JUST USE IT NOW ON MYSELF, BECAUSE I HAVE NOT BEEN LYNCHED, THEREFOR I CAN NOT BE PARDONED

Isn't SW at L-1? I didn't want to hammer until discussion for the day was done, and we've exhausted all other possible explainations for the no-kill.
Last edited by Sovereign on Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:52 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Will you using your power end the day? or will day continue? I am guessing from your above that it will end the day.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

We'll deal with Rhinox tomorrow.

Hammer.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Setup is either 3:11, 4:10, or 3:10:1, by the way. Just pointing that out... though I don't think there's a SK, so it's either four scum or three scum. Gut is telling me three scum due to the fact they're ALL power roles.
green shirt thursdays
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Rhinox »

jasonT1981 wrote:Will you using your power end the day? or will day continue? I am guessing from your above that it will end the day.

are you fucking kidding me... am I being punk'd?

How my times have I said now that using the governor shot DOES NOT END THE DAY.

DOES NOT END THE DAY.

Can I make it any more clear?

Player reaches majority.
I either govern or not.
If I govern, day continues, player that I govern can not be lynched the rest of the day.

How have I not been clear about this since day fucking 1?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:59 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Rhinox wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:Will you using your power end the day? or will day continue? I am guessing from your above that it will end the day.

are you fucking kidding me... am I being punk'd?

XFD
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:10 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

see, thats what i thought until you said this and contridicted yourself.

Rhinox wrote:
Isn't SW at L-1? I didn't want to hammer until discussion for the day was done,
and we've exhausted all other possible explainations for the no-kill.

how will it be cutting of discussion for the day IF you say day continues? If you hammer, and it doesnt end day, discussion continues.. so what you said in bold makes no sense
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Rhinox »

jasonT1981 wrote:see, thats what i thought until you said this and contridicted yourself.

Rhinox wrote:
Isn't SW at L-1? I didn't want to hammer until discussion for the day was done,
and we've exhausted all other possible explainations for the no-kill.

how will it be cutting of discussion for the day IF you say day continues? If you hammer, and it doesnt end day, discussion continues.. so what you said in bold makes no sense

ummmm... because I'm not governing SW?

Where's the disconnect here? Whats so hard to understand about this?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:16 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

oh ok, fair enough then.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Hiraki wrote:
Could you explain this? Did you get that I didn't do anything or that you were not able to track me, per se.

Not sure what what is hard to understand about "I GOTS A PM THAT LITERALLY STATES NO RESULT AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!!!" Litterally I don't so I just sent a pm to the mod asking her to clarify (though I highly doubt she will.) But I'll keep you guys posted.

Hiraki wrote:I'm actually really annoyed that PeregrineV is obv. town when he's my highest single scumread.

Can you explain why you're voting SW then?

Toogeloo wrote:
Would you mind governing yourself today Rhinox? Speaking personally, I don't want any Governor shenanigans as we get closer to end game. If anyone disagrees, feel free to keep it.

I like this however for him to govern himself he'd need to be lynch. So why aren't you voting him?

Rhinox wrote:
What sort of governor shenanigans exactly are you worried about?

YOU WANTED TO SAVE CONFIRMED SCUM!!!!

Rhinox wrote:
End game is the time a Governor is most useful for town for 2 big reasons - prevents a scum quickhamer, and makes me an unlynchable townie.

BULLSNORK!!!! In a MYLO situation, if you save scum, they shoot a town role and scum wins. Gov at end game is anti-town.

I think Hiraki is scum. I would save Rhinox is a VI/noobie but looking at his join date...

unvote;vote:Rhinox
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

ATTN NERO CAIN

WE HAVE A CLAIMED ROLEBLOCK FROM OBVTOWN ON A SCUMBAG AND THERE WAS NO KILL LAST NIGHT

MAY WE PLEASE TO LYNCH
green shirt thursdays
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

*sigh*

unvote;vote:SW
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:44 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Yea, we should lynch.

vote: Silent Wraith
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:44 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

haah ninja'd
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:48 am

Post by Rhinox »

BULLSNORK!!!! In a MYLO situation, if you save scum, they shoot a town role and scum wins. Gov at end game is anti-town.

Go read this past page and figure out why the scenario wouldn't happen, because we literally just went over this. I'm well past annoyed at having to explain this over and over.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

no you didn't. There's no way to say that this won't happen unless you know the number of scum in the game.

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

Nero Cain wrote:no you didn't. There's no way to say that this won't happen unless you know the number of scum in the game.

It won't happen if I'm town because I'm not going to randomly decide to govern someone in LyLo without a good reason (aka an obv scum quickhammer on a townie).

It won't happen if I'm scum because if I use my shot on obv scum, the day does not end and you can lynch me instead if you think I'm scummy for using the shot.

The only way this govern shot can screw over the town in lylo is if I'm the sole remaining scum (because I'd be unlynchable), or if I'm town and use the shot stupidly (which I won't). The reason the gov shot is powerful for the town at end game is because it prevents a scum quickhammer and reduces the number of players that scum can mislynch.
Silent Wraith
Silent Wraith
Townie
Silent Wraith
Townie
Townie

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Silent Wraith »

I wouldn't trust Reck. A Watcher wouldn't see a blocked player, so Toog wouldn't see him anyway.

Plus, he's literally trolled 80% of this game. Anyhow, have fun with finding scum.
Mute/Ghostlin hydra. Ghostlin currently playing alone while Mute is on extended V/LA.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

lol u mad scum
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”