Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Jahudo »

@Primate, has your read of inHim or Feysal's slot changed since you last mentioned them? Why am I more suspicious now? If you have a tell that hasn't been discussed yet I'd like to hear it. Or if it has I'd like to know who you mostly agree with here.

@Pinkie Pie, why is inHim town? Also who do you think is scummier: glados or LC?

@hohum what do you think of inHim now that Mina has flipped scum? Do you think their interactions make him more or less likely to be scum? I'd like to know whether you think my interpretation is interesting or not.

@Charlie can you give more thoughts on the two largest wagons? What do you think about my interpretation of Pinkie Pie and Mina interactions?
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Day 3, Votecount #4

Jahudo:
hohum, Primate, Inhimshallibe, LobsterCatapult (L-1)
Inhimshallibe:
Jahudo, Feysal (L-3)
LobsterCatapult:
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie:
Charlie

Not voting:
GlaDOS

Day 3 deadlineDeadline is in (expired on 2011-08-07 22:25:00), so that's the 8th of August at 3:25am Irish time. (Or 10:25 East Coast of America)

Feysal is V/la

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Katsuki »

Primate wrote:I'm growing dubious of the idea that PP is scum. (more from me later).

We can discuss this come post-game.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Katsuki »

Jahudo wrote:@Pinkie Pie, why is inHim town?
Also who do you think is scummier: glados or LC?

Don't remember anymore.

And LC by far.
PJ is probably town by virtue of Equinox.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Going on a trip Tues - Fri, gonna hammer Jahudo sometime during that.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:31 pm

Post by Charlie »

Jahudo,
You can be dealt with at LyLo whereas Pinkie Pie a.k.a. Katsuki can't.

I sorta believe you about those interactions... Katsuki does appear to be Town based on what you said. Your logic is sound. But I can't let him roam free thinking he's obvtown for the rest of the game and being annoying by not doing anything, not posting properly in his hydra account, not addressing GLaDOS properly... It's frustrating. He deserves some heat and perhaps then the sauce will fly.

I
can
compromise to a Inhimshallibe lynch but if I do then it would be based entirely off your reads and belief as I don't think he's the best lynch Today. Furthermore I don't think there is enough support to lynch.

I was hoping for more, but I predict Pinkie Pie here is going to be hammer happy. I'm waiting for him to slip up; just you wait and see.
Kindness
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by Katsuki »

None of these things you've pointed out explain why I'm scum.

I'm actually displaying incredible self-control with this hammer. Normally I would've hammered 1 day into D3.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:34 pm

Post by Charlie »

Why are you assuming that I'm voting you because I think you're Discord?
Kindness
LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult
Goon
LobsterCatapult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:31 am

Post by LobsterCatapult »

im back! ill catch up and look this over when i come back from work
ÔÇ£IÔÇÖll do what I can to help yÔÇÖall. But, the gameÔÇÖs out there, and itÔÇÖs play or get played. That simpleÔÇØ ÔÇô Omar
~LC
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:45 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Dear GLaDOS,

If Jahudo is scum, as I highly suspect, it falls squarely on Feysal or Pinkie Pie. Charlie is town, and though I'm not as certain about yourself, I did think Equinox was more town than either of those two.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:32 am

Post by Katsuki »

You ARE American right, Nixon?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:31 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Red, white, and ponyshoe blue.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:31 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

If Jahudo is NOT scum, LobsterCatapult could probably use a hanging from their harness.
Show

:

GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:52 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

So nobody is going to comment on my doubts for Jahudo-scum? Are they simply inconvenient truths? During Night Two, I was pretty much
convinced
he was scum, but now I'm actually thinking he is Town, largely because:

1.)
I now really think Mina's comment "maybe he's Nightmare Moon... naaaah" was actually an attempt to make people think
"that makes perfect sense!"
and hammer Jahudo. And by doing it that way, Mina would not have seemed responsible or connected to the Jahudo lynch at all. (And it's certainly safer than just jumping out and saying, "I think he's lying, and that's he Nightmare Moon." It's much safer to dangle the bait and hope a Townie bites it up.) And second:

2.)
Although there are definitely two Neighborizers in this game, I find it rather hard to believe the Mod would give
scum
an exceedingly weak Neighborizer, practically knowing the scum would use it as their claim, when the Town in fact has a much stronger Neighborizer who would normally be excepted to counterclaim the scum.

Everybody who is voting for Jahudo (or has indicated that they will vote for Jahudo) should really think about both of these points. Because they certainly caused me to go from near-total conviction to seriously thinking he is Town. I'm thinking this is a mislynch, and so I would rather be lynching somebody else. (Unfortunately, I'm annoyed that I'm not quite sure who that somebody else is, but I am pretty much down to the pool of inHimshallibe, LobsterCatapult, and possibly Pinkie Pie).
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:29 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

How does Nightmare Moon "make perfect sense" in that scenario?

As for Point 2, I'm seeing a possible scumslip. I don't know jack about Jahudo's role besides what he has claimed. hohum, can you confirm that the Neighboring with CES would have ended after last Night?
Show

:

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:59 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

... Processing ...

Dearest inHimshallibe,

I never said that Jahudo's claim made "perfect sense" as Nightmare Moon. My point is that Mina made the suggestion that perhaps Jahudo's Neighborizing ability, which Cogito Ergo Sum explained fits the flavor of the game (since Princess Celestia sent Twilight Sparkle to "make friends" in the first episode) that Mina tried to counteract the effect by bringing up a seemingly plausible alternative (that maybe Jahudo was actually Nightmare Moon) in the hopes it would push Jahudo into being lynched without having to get her own hands dirty.

Second, you're probably absolutely right that you don't know jack about Jahudo's claim, or even jack about the second Neighborizer. As it happens, I feel I do know quite of the jack that is going on around here, and as a result, I think Jahudo is probably Town.

So is there any reason you are keeping your vote on Jahudo? Are you just waiting around for Pinkie Pie (Katsuki) to waltz in and hammer? Who would you be voting if you weren't voting for Jahudo?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:00 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Oh, the troubles with alts. Quoting my post to make isolating me easier:

petroleumjelly wrote:... Processing ...

Dearest inHimshallibe,

I never said that Jahudo's claim made "perfect sense" as Nightmare Moon. My point is that Mina made the suggestion that perhaps Jahudo's Neighborizing ability, which Cogito Ergo Sum explained fits the flavor of the game (since Princess Celestia sent Twilight Sparkle to "make friends" in the first episode) that Mina tried to counteract the effect by bringing up a seemingly plausible alternative (that maybe Jahudo was actually Nightmare Moon) in the hopes it would push Jahudo into being lynched without having to get her own hands dirty.

Second, you're probably absolutely right that you don't know jack about Jahudo's claim, or even jack about the second Neighborizer. As it happens, I feel I do know quite of the jack that is going on around here, and as a result, I think Jahudo is probably Town.

So is there any reason you are keeping your vote on Jahudo? Are you just waiting around for Pinkie Pie (Katsuki) to waltz in and hammer? Who would you be voting if you weren't voting for Jahudo?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:20 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

that Mina tried to counteract the effect by bringing up a seemingly plausible alternative (that maybe Jahudo was actually Nightmare Moon) in the hopes it would push Jahudo into being lynched without having to get her own hands dirty.
I still don't see how that is supposed to imply anything making "perfect sense," which is what you're trying to use in an attempt to clear Jahudo.

As it happens, I feel I do know quite of the jack that is going on around here, and as a result, I think Jahudo is probably Town.
Not how you phrased it at all to begin with. So if there apparently is a second Neighborizer, what is there to say that Jahudo did or did not make a bad fake? My point is that no one but Jahudo (and his partner(s)) knows the exact details of Jahudo's role. He could have made a really poor decision to claim to only be one-shot when in fact he is not limited at all. This is why I asked hohum about his being Neighborized with CES. If CES and hohum would become permanent Neighbors, Jahudo would be exposed, and so he had to kill one of those two, and like hell he'd take a chance at ho-"I'mma push Minascum from the beginning of Day 2"-hum.

My vote's still on him because he kills innocent ponies and needs to hang for his crimes.
Show

:

GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:24 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

inHimshallibe, my point about Mina's comment boils down to
what was Mina's intent
. And I am thinking Mina's
intent
was to get somebody to latch onto her suggestion in order to support Jahudo's lynch. I obviously don't think she did a very good job of it (since my first impression was that she was in fact trying to
support
Jahudo's claim), so I am obviously not arguing that her theory makes "perfect sense." I've in fact called it "weak conjecture" at some point. So go back and read her post, and decide what you think her
intent
in making that comment was. Then get back to me.

By the way, your non-comment about why your vote is still on Jahudo is noted.
FoS: inHimshallibe
. Methinks you're a bit eager to see a Jahudo-lynch.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:36 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

BUT IF YOU YOURSELF THINK IT TO BE WEAK CONJECTURE HOW CAN YOU THINK ANOTHER PERSON WOULD THINK IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

frustrated you don't see my point in this. You even say your first impression that Mina was trying to support his claim. I'm boggled.

As for my "non-comment" - Yes, that was pretty cheeky, and I AM eager to see Jahudoscum swing. I like my scum like I like snakes - dead. Recapping my vote for Jahudo is a combination of his case that missed the mark entirely when trying to comment on my vote for WLC. That has been discussed ad nauseum. Now we have half of a Neighbor pair dead, that being CES, whose vote of Mina could actually have been interpreted as a soft counter claim, now that I think about it andit'sallcomingtogetherforme. Jahudo didn't immediately believe or disbelieve Mina's claim, just said it would be hard to test. Then I said I'd Lynch Mina before No Lynching, and CES plops down a vote, so Jahudo decides to jump in for cred ahead of my eventual hammer.

Wow, typing things out helps. I could try it more.
Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:38 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

I went back and read this, since I figured it's what a good pony would do.

Mina wrote:Fuuuuuuuuuuuck, I've been trying to write a big post all night, but it keeps becoming irrelevant by all the ninjas! I'm just going to cut to the chase, first.

But okay, can we all at least agree that Espeonage has just claimed scum?

(Actually...does this still hold if WLC flips scum? Scum would probably claim to be suspicious of their buddy to milk more town cred, rather than compromising to get a lynch.)

Jahudo gives me REALLY mixed vibes: on the one hand, he's very active, diligent and methodical, and a few of his observations show a lot of attention to detail. On the other, I find I rarely agree with him (the kind of tells he's using to clear Espy, for example, are utterly ridiculous), and he can be super wishy-washy. For example, I agree with Gamma that he sort of softly supported hohum's points against me without actually calling me out.

And even the most recent posts people are calling townish...I mean, it's good that he was trying to contribute before he died, but I would have liked more in the way of concrete reads and less theory discussion. Particularly since his big post essentially just said, "Scum might be active, or scum might be safe, or scum might be lurking," without really ranking people in terms of suspiciousness.

But CES's point about Celestia fitting as a neigbourizer actually makes sense. I've only seen the first few episodes of MLP, but I can't think of any evil characters who'd fit as a neighbourizer. Maybe the pegasi Nighmare Moon sends to tempt Rainbow Dash to betray her friends in the premiere? Nah, too much of a stretch.

I'll save thoughts on WLC for another post. Ugh. I kind of hate forcing more than one claim in a day.

(I don't know, do you also want me to comment on inHim tonight, even though he's not going to be lynched anymore? Since I'd have a heart attack if scum nightkilled me based on my play today, I don't even know if it matters other than to help people read me better.)
And, no, I look at the "Nah, too much of a stretch." and see a bad protection of Jahudo, and not a "let's get someone else to misinterpret this point" type deal.
Show

:

GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:41 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

So now comes the obvious question. What "evil characters" do
you
think would fit as a Neighborizer, and specifically, Jahudo's role? Or, in the alternative, do you think "good" characters could be discord this game (such that Jahudo could be telling the complete truth and could still be scum)?
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:46 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

GLaDOS wrote:... Processing ...

So now comes the obvious question. What "evil characters" do
you
think would fit as a Neighborizer, and specifically, Jahudo's role? Or, in the alternative, do you think "good" characters could be discord this game (such that Jahudo could be telling the complete truth and could still be scum)?

No to the bold, with Nightmare Moon's flip.

That's a fair question. Who are other antagonists?
Show

:

GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:59 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

I have only seen up to about Episode 15 or 16. Of those episodes, I can think of:

1.)
Gilda, Rainbow Dash's griffin friend from childhood;
2.)
Trixie, who tries to show up all of Ponyville with her magic;
3.)
The dragon (can't find his name anywhere right now) whose smoke threatens Ponyville;
4.)
The parasprites
5.)
The Ursa Minor/Major from the Trixie episode
6.)
The Hydra from the episode where Pinkie Pie has twitches

There are probably more, but none that I know of fits the mold of a Neighborizer. Which is why I think Mina went out of her way to make a suggestion for something evil that
could
potentially have a neighborizing power.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:00 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

OK, this took some digging, and I found it at the NationStates forums...
No recurring villains yet. NIghtmare Moon was a villain, but she got beaten...and she is the only 'villain' to be beaten by 'the magic of friendship'. However, there are hints that we'll get more recurring characters in season 2, possibly some antagonistic ones.

Most of the villains and threats are various monsters, or the characters themselves. E.g. In 'Sonic Rainboom' you argue that Rarity was the antagonist as her fame had gone to her head....If you count the main characters developing in such a way that they act as an antagonist, and then learning from their mistakes as 'villains defeated by the magic of friendship', then yeah...but I'd consider such development very good for a kids show. I mean hell.

But yeah...as far as villains go...

1) Nightmare Moon, defeated by magic of friendship.
2) Manticore, defeated by placation from Fluttershy.
3) Gilda, defeated by Rainbow Dash realizing she was a jerkass . Hell, this episode subverts the idea that everything is friends by showing kids that not all people who call themselves 'your friend' are good.
4) Red Dragon, defeated by Fluttershy deathglaring it.
5) Trixie, defeated by being shown up as a charlatan.
6) Hydra, defeated by running away.
7) Green Dragon, defeated by running away.
8) Diamond Dogs, defeated by Rarity manipulating them.
9) Cockatrice, defeated by Fluttershy deathglaring it.

People can add mor eon, but those are the only real outside 'villains' the shows seen. Zecora was just misunderstood, Photo Finish was...a bit too obsessed with making Fluttershy a star, and all the other antagonists are just drawn from the mane casts interactions.

So yeah, out of the 'villains' ONE learned and was defeated by the magic of friendship. ALl the others were defeated in various ways. Hell, more were defeated by Fluttershy deathglaring them, or the threateed characters running like hell than 'the magic of friendship'.

Gilda seems like a candidate, especially with the line about "not everyone that says they're your friend are good."

I've really only learned anything about the Protagonists, so I'd have to put in a little more time, which I do not have at this very moment.
Show

:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”