k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

mb53 wrote: I thought you thought tunneling was scummy

i'm not tunneling a certain member. note how i said
top suspect
and not umbrage. my umbrage vote is subject to change should i find inconsistencies that bring a different member to the top seat on my scumlist. i am keeping my eyes open for inconsistencies in everyone's play, not just his. i won't be swayed to change my vote by another member, though. the only way i will be swayed is on my own terms, if i find something scummy enough to change my vote.

i was under the impression that
tunneling
was when you stubbornly refuse to look at other member's suspicious behavior in lieu of a single person you suspect to be mafia.
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Ray Montano »

k e n d a l l wrote:care to accompany that no with an unvote?
you're being stubborn

No kendall because again, I think it would be good for the town for you to be out of the game. I don't think you're helpful, I don't think anything you say goes anywhere significant, I don't think any of your reads are accurate, I don't think you care about the town's win condition, and I don't think you have the foresight to plan past your next post. I support your lynch D1 like I would support a D1 lynch of zwets or Empking or Caboose or SensFan because I don't think you're going to someone good to have in the game when it comes to crunch time. Unlike you I will support more than one lynch on D1 because I'm okay with lynches that will provide anything of use moving on to the next day.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

glowball wrote:
hey k e n d a l l, although I see you as town I must warn you that continuing down this path in other games will get you quicklynched. We are here to be helpful- and it isn't a baited question. Why do you think it is?

i don't care about anyone's warnings.

how many times do i have to tell you people i won't change my playstyle? quit with the "friendly advice." i don't care.

those questions are always baited questions, whether intentionally or unintentionally. your motive may have been pure curiosity, but that question can serve other, mafia purposes.
i.e. providing mafia a chance to buddy up to a certain member.
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by mb53 »

Because Hiraki didn't go through the trouble to say that there were 22 people that he wouldn't lynch. Hiraki called out the mod, which I view as a joke, basically saying that anyone is fair lynch for him- that was my interpretation.
Yeah, I kinda realized that they were saying the exact opposite things, not the exact same things after I posted... my bad
mb, why did you ask the question? I didn't follow my questioning with a vote or anything, what sparked your interest?
Because I don't like when people are continuously questioning someone for something that someone else is doing too right in front of them. (Which I realize isn't the case) It isn't scummy or anything, it just... doesn't make sense to do that.

Although I agree that kendall likely won't help town much, I am strongly against policy lynches.
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

Ray Montano wrote:
k e n d a l l wrote:care to accompany that no with an unvote?
you're being stubborn

No kendall because again, I think it would be good for the town for you to be out of the game.

so, for the record
you would rather a townie die than a mafia?

I don't think you're going to someone good to have in the game when it comes to crunch time.

why not?
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Vote Count 1-6

Beck (0)-
Beefster
(1)- jmurph3,
bobsnox
(0)-
Bogre
(0)-
chkflip
(0)-
diddin
(0)-
DonJosh
(5)- Flavour Analysis, SnakeSide, glowball, NanookTheWolf, SpyreX,
Flavour Analysis
(0)-
FourseenCircumstance
(0)-
glowball
(0)-
hiraki
(0)-
jmurph3
(0)-
k e n d a l l
(5)- SodaSpirit17, Umbrage, bobsnox, Ray Montano, DonJosh,
kondi2424
(0)-
mb53
(0)-
mikehart
(1)- hiraki,
NanookTheWolf
(0)-
PeregrineV
(0)-
Rainbowdash
(2)- chkflip, FourseenCirumstance,
Ray Montano
(1)- PeregrineV,
Silver1337
(0)-
SnakeSide
(0)-
SodaSpirit17
(0)-
SpyreX
(0)-
Umbrage (4)- Rainbowdash, k e n d a l l, diddin, mb53,

Not Voting (5)- Bogre, kondi2424, Silver1337, mikehart, Beefster,

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch. Deadline is August 18th at 1pm EST

The replacement I had for Beck seems to have fallen through/ignoring me. Will keep trying.

Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Ray Montano »

k e n d a l l wrote:why not?

From now on I'm ignoring everything you ask that's already been answered.

k e n d a l l wrote:so, for the record
you would rather a townie die than a mafia?

No.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Umbrage wrote:
diddin wrote:Ok so the first quote is WIFOM, but the second quote isn't? They're practically using the same reasoning. So hypocrisy on Umbrage's part.

Strawman. You're acting like aggressiveness is my only tell on Kendall.

You are acting like its the best tell you have though.

Hm... I'm going to assume that the picture means "I can't argue with you anymore Umbrage, you're too smart for me, so I'm going to try and dodge the issue with humour". WAS I RIGHT???

Oh no, im just mocking the fact that you have suddenly switched to saying kendall is the SK because its the only reason newbie players would ever be that aggressive.

If you have never seen someone react like that how are you using it as a tell? I see that reaction as more likely town than scum and have explain why. If you are trying to counter this you better be bringing more to the table than that weak stuff, no reasoning and no past experience? Try again. Paranoia is a town tell when applied correctly, no pony, ever, has gone through a game as town without feeling some paranoia over a player agreeing with them, or second guessing their vote, or anything along those lines.

True. But how many town players have you seen get this paranoid DAY ONE?

I get plenty paranoid throughout the entire game but just keep it out of thread so other ponies take more more seriously. Second guessing yourself and wondering why people are making the moves they are with relation to you is something anypony who is competent as town does, and deals with in their own way

And as a matter of fact, I do have past experience that applies to this situation, so you fail there as well. Although I have to remember that 'weak stuff' line. That's gold. I'm just going to shout "YEAH? WELL YOU HAVE WEAK STUFF!" whenever I'm losing an argument now. Thanks for the tip!

WOOSH point dodge! You still are entirely failing to give me refrences to this suddenly existant past game where you have seen this exact thing pan out before, and are failing to explain why its indicative of scum instead of town.

Bobsnox is also scum, but I doubt he's on the same team as kendall.

^ does not equal 'lynch bob plz'. Nice try though.

I always thought saying "Somepony is scum" means that you think they should be lynched. Still this is blatantly setting up possibility of a bob lynch for if kendall flips anything. As I have said, flavor gives away some things that will be brought to the surface later in the game by me or others who from their few posts have obviously seen what I did. Calling two scumteams though is quite likely a slip.

@RM - We are not policy lynching kendall.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by glowball »

Yeah Kendall won't help town, that much I can agree. But like mb I am against policy lynches. She's good vigbait though...there's only so much you can do to help someone. It's not about changing your playstyle btw k e n d a l l, it's about having a tad less attitude and I suspect it's more personality than game tactic.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Flavour Analysis »

Kendall
:

A hydra is an account with two players in it, not one.

I don't care. She will still address you.

I don't care, you will listen.

Yes but if you are vague you can later say you were suspicious of that person, thus leaving a door open for 'opportunism'. And I am aware.

Well some of your play is stupid as fuck.

I'll point one quote out in my next post.

Nope.

No I won't. That's because... *clears throat* BECAUSE YOU ARE A NEWB. YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE HERE. SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ADJUST, OR DON'T WANT TO WORK WITH THE TOWN, THEN PLEASE, TURN AROUND, AND GET THE FUCK OFF THIS SITE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. IT IS NOT EFFECTIVE, AND IT HAS ALREADY GOTTEN YOU A FULL SPEED WAGON. I AM BEING NICE HERE. STOP BEING DUMB FUCK RETARDED. DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS NOT ADDRESSED TO YOU. THAT'S ESSENTIALLY DEFENDING THAT PERSON. GOT IT? GOOD. I DON'T WANT TO SEE PAGES AND PAGES OF ARGUMENTS THAT INVOLVE YOU, AND NOT INVOLVING CATCHING SCUM. YOU ARE A FUCKING DISTRACTION. GOT IT? YOU ARE A DISTRACTION FOR THE TOWN. DEAR GOD PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS. RECONSIDER YOUR PLAY. THINK REALLY HARD. SAY THESE WORDS TO YOURSELF "AM I PLAYING WELL IF I GET WAGONED? DID I REALLY CATCH SCUM? AM I NEW TO THE SITE?"

Then please, go back where you came from. I'm sure it'll do you more favors there.

Let's take it down a notch please =).
Last edited by Scott Brosius on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oyatsu Nuki
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:55 pm

I'm not policy lynching her either.
Oyatsu Nuki
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:57 pm

Points where Kendall is wrong:

k e n d a l l wrote:
@bobsnox
, the only "
evidence
" that you have "against me" is that my actions are too pro-town. that evidence certainly does not incriminate me; in fact, it does the opposite.

@umbrage

care to comment on any of your scummy behavior i pointed out? or are you going to continue tunneling me?also, it's naive to let someone "buddy up" and share your ideas without commenting on it. you run the risk of seeming allied with them.

quit talking about my offsite play; nothing annoys me more than metagame. we've all been over this
several
times. i am an admittedly aggressive player. it is my playstyle. if you can pinpoint something that makes me scummy then be my guest, but so far all that you have going is that i'm trying too hard to be pro-town.

i also find it interesting that you seem to mirror bobsnox and umbrage. again, town, notice these bandwagons and pay very close attention to them.
town reminder: mafia members are threatened by players with a voice. i guarantee that the mafia want me dead right now.

also, yes, i am distancing myself from nanook and flavour, as well as everyone else in this game; i don't trust anyone. it is day one, the only person i trust is myself.

The very top, is where you are wrong. You are stretching what others are saying, to justify that they literally have nothing on you, even though they don't regardless. Basically, they are saying you are faking being town. You are saying that they believe that 'you are too town', which was not at all what they said. You just are too tunnel visioned, or omgusy that you just reply that you are being attacked by scum. That is anti-town. You know that they don't have anything on you, so you don't have to say they are saying "you are too town" as a joke.

Second one, about buddying. That's a null tell, and YOU ARE WRONG. It's not a scum tell. So stop bitching about it. Town do it too. IF you say "I don't care, it's my way" then you won't find scum as easily through that tell, got it? Good.

I don't think you have the right to tell people to not talk about your offsite play. Self meta is disgusting, but talk of your offsite experience will happen if you do stuff differently or in a way that isn't accepted here. DEAL WITH IT.

Mirroring. You can't find scum this way. Some people have the same thought processes. It's more accurate if you read a person on their play, excluding any connections on D1. You don't have that kind of info this early. Also, if you pair two people on d1, one of them flips mafia (and the other is town), the other person is doomed the next Day. Same example, D1, the first person flips town, but the other is mafia, you just cleared the mafia to being town. If you say "I don't care blah blah blah stupid shit" then I will say "I'm right, you are wrong".

And the very last thing is very stupid. You saying that you are distancing is very bad, because distancing is a scum tactic to attack a scum buddy. Don't say that.
Oyatsu Nuki
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:05 pm

Sorry Mod. I will tone it down.

No worries.
Oyatsu Nuki
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

Flavour Analysis wrote:
Kendall
:

A hydra is an account with two players in it, not one.

I don't care. She will still address you.

I don't care, you will listen.

Yes but if you are vague you can later say you were suspicious of that person, thus leaving a door open for 'opportunism'. And I am aware.

Well some of your play is stupid as fuck.

I'll point one quote out in my next post.

Nope.

No I won't. That's because... *clears throat* BECAUSE YOU ARE A NEWB. YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE HERE. SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ADJUST, OR DON'T WANT TO WORK WITH THE TOWN, THEN PLEASE, TURN AROUND, AND GET THE FUCK OFF THIS SITE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. IT IS NOT EFFECTIVE, AND IT HAS ALREADY GOTTEN YOU A FULL SPEED WAGON. I AM BEING NICE HERE. STOP BEING DUMB FUCK RETARDED. DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS NOT ADDRESSED TO YOU. THAT'S ESSENTIALLY DEFENDING THAT PERSON. GOT IT? GOOD. I DON'T WANT TO SEE PAGES AND PAGES OF ARGUMENTS THAT INVOLVE YOU, AND NOT INVOLVING CATCHING SCUM. YOU ARE A FUCKING DISTRACTION. GOT IT? YOU ARE A DISTRACTION FOR THE TOWN. DEAR GOD PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS. RECONSIDER YOUR PLAY. THINK REALLY HARD. SAY THESE WORDS TO YOURSELF "AM I PLAYING WELL IF I GET WAGONED? DID I REALLY CATCH SCUM? AM I NEW TO THE SITE?"

Then please, go back where you came from. I'm sure it'll do you more favors there.

Let's take it down a notch please =).

fuck your veteran bullshit

i read none of that, just because it was irrelevant and you're not my mafia game mommy
if i want your help i'll ask for it.
k e n d a l l
k e n d a l l
Townie
k e n d a l l
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by k e n d a l l »

spending the remainder of the evening with my boy toy.
i'll get back to this tomorrow.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:40 pm

TL;DR:

Your play sucks. Please get better, or don't play at all. It's your choice.

If you believe your play was good, discuss it after the game is done.

And again, don't answer any questions or replies not addressed to you.
Oyatsu Nuki
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Hiraki »

kendall wrote:fuck your veteran bullshit
Not only do I love you, you're still not scum.

FFS GUYS.

THIS IS BLATANTLY OBV. BOLD NEWB. TOWN.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:43 pm

Anyways.

I believe Beefster isn't really reading closely enough. He believes he saw Kendall catch a contradiction, when it was really a misunderstanding from Kendall. Slightly scummier from him... Has anyone else besides Jmurph played with Beef?
Oyatsu Nuki
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Hiraki »

What're the points on DonJosh?

He seems like a cool dude.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:47 pm

DonJosh wrote:VOTE: kendall

REALLY don't like the "buddying up" thing.
Also, she's distancing herself from EVERYONE. Not very town-like at all.
Also don't like the "Mafia are after me" thing.

^ That right there.

Why is he cool, Hiraki?

Also thoughts on Umbrage?
Oyatsu Nuki
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Hiraki wrote:What're the points on DonJosh?

He seems like a cool dude.

Have you read his posts in isolation? .. There are only six short posts to read. What's cool about him?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Umbrage is a VI. Ignore him.

If there's anyone we're going to policy lynch, it's him.

That's not that bad.

It's actually more townie for an admittance to sheeping in terms of pressure. I can see how it's scummy, but it's definitely not vote worthy.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by glowball »

Hiraki wrote:
kendall wrote:fuck your veteran bullshit
Not only do I love you, you're still not scum.

FFS GUYS.

THIS IS BLATANTLY OBV. BOLD NEWB. TOWN.

I agree.

Although, k e n d a l l is becoming a distraction so I just encourage people to ignore her. I mean seriously, at this point I can be in the annoying immature player too. If she won't cooperate, I will not cooperate with her and any questions she asks will go unanswered on my part.
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Ray Montano »

So what are we supposed to do. Let kendall ride through the days and hope a vig gets a kill on her?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Hiraki wrote:Umbrage is a VI. Ignore him.

If there's anyone we're going to policy lynch, it's him.

That's not that bad.

It's actually more townie for an admittance to sheeping in terms of pressure. I can see how it's scummy, but it's definitely not vote worthy.

That is
not
the case on Umbrage. The case on him hinges around his pushing of kendall on two weak points that he continues to fail backing up despite multiple requests (overagressive as scumtell and not liking people buddying) and his slip saying that this is a multi-faction scum game, which no mod post mentions.

@RM - We do what glowball just said. Keep kendall in check, but just let her do her own thing for the most part.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”