tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:47 am

Post by tyhess »

We are two real life days in. We are placing pressure on other players. Not a time for anyone to be a Dumba$$ and lynch, no matter how scummy i think someone is
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:52 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

tyhess wrote:We are two real life days in. We are placing pressure on other players. Not a time for anyone to be a Dumba$$ and lynch, no matter how scummy i think someone is

I understand, just summarizing.
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Ray Montano »

I'm not advocating a DK lynch right now, but I've got to say if someone had hammered I wouldn't have been too upset to see DK leave. I'm not a fan of players who throw pity parties for themselves when they're on the chopping block. I would, however, have been upset the day ended so early. So next time anyone's on the chopping block (myself included) it'd be awesome to have real discussions instead of "DON'T FUCKING HAMMER ME IF YOU WANT A MISLYNCH". Like...really...
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by DeityKabuto »

Ray Montano wrote:I'm not advocating a DK lynch right now, but I've got to say if someone had hammered I wouldn't have been too upset to see DK leave. I'm not a fan of players who throw pity parties for themselves when they're on the chopping block. I would, however, have been upset the day ended so early. So next time anyone's on the chopping block (myself included) it'd be awesome to have real discussions instead of "DON'T FUCKING HAMMER ME IF YOU WANT A MISLYNCH". Like...really...

What do you want me to say?

YOU GUYS WERE TRYING TO GET ME LYNCHED AND MAKKE THE TOWN LOSE.
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Ray Montano »

DeityKabuto wrote:
Ray Montano wrote:real discussions

I don't care. Ask questions, argue it out, anything but whining about being lynched.
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by tyhess »

pretty sure DK is still on the chopping block FTR
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I really like post #177.

tyhess wrote:We are two real life days in. We are placing pressure on other players. Not a time for anyone to be a Dumba$$ and lynch, no matter how scummy i think someone is

I don't like your philosophy in #175 tyhess. You're saying we shouldn't lynch someone, even if they are the scummiest player alive, just because we're two days in? DK isn't the scummiest player, but he is scummy. And I feel that time is irrelevent when you think someone is scum. I mean what's the point of voting DK if you're just gonna unvote before the hammer?

Keeping an eye on you tyhess.

My vote stays on DK.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by BBmolla »

EBWOP: By saying DK isn't the scummiest player, I meant he's not the scummiest player that ever existed. I do believe he is the scummiest player in this game.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
TheFool
TheFool
Goon
TheFool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by TheFool »

tyhess never voted DK in the first place, his vote was on Ray, which he removed because he thought Ray was at L-1 I think?

Some clarification there would be nice.
the nose knows no snows
tyhess
tyhess
Goon
tyhess
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by tyhess »

My vote was actually on Ray, not DK, but the vote count was wrong...I thought ray was about to get lynched (or atleast that's how I think the votecount looked) and I unvoted
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Oh dang.

Well disregard most of my statement except for the part about not lynching because of time.
FightingShadow
FightingShadow
Townie
FightingShadow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by FightingShadow »

CMPunk wrote:I am sure he is scum. Appaeals to emotion and fear are noted. Someone hammer this scum

This makes me nervous. Appeals to emotion and fear are not scumtells. You're insistence on using them to get someone lynched is sketchy.

I understand the votes for DK because of his borderline troll behavior. However, it feels like an attempt to muscle through a quicklynch - which you can see in the quotes below -

DonJosh wrote:Claim, DK.

BBmolla wrote:I really am willing to take the risk of DK being a VT. I still can't even fathom his kind of play with his 1000 posts. It doesn't add up.

bothers me a lot. I know I said I would be willing to hammer. I am, if the trolling continues - however, it feels like people are trying to blur the line between a policy lynch and an actual suspicion lynch. Anyone trying to force this lynch through quickly (barring escalation in DK's trolling) is very suspicious.

DeityKabuto wrote:Okay. Since vote count was messed up, your first reaction if he really was at L-1 would be to play it safe and unvote, does this mean you don't find him scummy, what was the purpose of your vote on the wagon if you weren't ready to lynch?

This is actually a good question.

UNVOTE: Ray Montano
VOTE: CMPunk

For the reasons stated above.
Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Sky »

Well if we did quicklynch we would have missed out on the opportunity to hear what Thor and someone else (I don't even know their name they've only come once, they have a highway avatar) have to say. It is important to get the perspective of all players Day 1, any scumhunter should know that. But my vote stands. That being said Thor and kondi (found your name) come on out.

DeityKabuto wrote:
Why is the pace and similarity of Shadow and my question's unsettling for you? It just is.

Umm... alright.

DeityKabuto wrote:Why don't you like answering my questions but like answering others? Why? Because all your doing is putting my in a bad position and dragging my out of my safety back so you can push and pull on me with your questions.

Yes well it just so happens I have tagged you on my scumdar. Maybe if you conjured up some defenses it wouldn't be so bad?

Also, since I'm a newb, what is a Policy Lynch?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Sky wrote:Also, since I'm a newb, what is a Policy Lynch?

Lynching someone because they're a troll or something of like instead of because they're scum.
DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:12 am

Post by DonJosh »

FightingShadow wrote:
bothers me a lot. I know I said I would be willing to hammer. I am, if the trolling continues - however, it feels like people are trying to blur the line between a policy lynch and an actual suspicion lynch. Anyone trying to force this lynch through quickly (barring escalation in DK's trolling) is very suspicious.

It is no longer a "policy lynch" for me.
This might be his town play (I'm not big on meta), but it sure as hell is scummy.
Newbie 1197 is in Day 2 and requires
replacements.

Looking for a hydra. PM me if interested.
GTKDJ|wiki|Pre-ins|Newbie 1197
FightingShadow
FightingShadow
Townie
FightingShadow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:38 am

Post by FightingShadow »

DonJosh wrote:
FightingShadow wrote:

It is no longer a "policy lynch" for me.
This might be his town play (I'm not big on meta), but it sure as hell is scummy.

How?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

Wooosh - no quick lynch? ::sadface::

Okay, let's lay out some reactions to that wagon.

Tyhess is probably town.
The Fool never answered the 'deeper' reasons to vote Ray, did he? He should really answer that - like - na0w!
Fighting Shadows is probably town.
DK is...DK. I could get behind a policy lynch there but I think we could probably do better - Werewolves should totally kill him though, he gets crazy effective at scumhunting starting Day 3.
Could someone explain to me why it was scummy that DK called two players as having a similar playstyle? That (and question derpiness) seems to be the case on him. I'm down with the derpiness but the other thing...whuh? Explain pl0x, I'm ready to sheep onto that in a second once I know why it's scummy.

Ray should still be lynched, unless someone can quote me a post where he is actually scumhunting. He's an experienced player and he doesn't seem to know how to scumhunt - that doesn't worry anyone else? It worries the everlovin' frell out of me.
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Ray Montano »

Thor665 wrote:Ray should still be lynched, unless someone can quote me a post where he is actually scumhunting. He's an experienced player and he doesn't seem to know how to scumhunt - that doesn't worry anyone else? It worries the everlovin' frell out of me.

Who says I've ever been good at scumhunting? Why are you playing this game based off so much supposed meta?
TheFool
TheFool
Goon
TheFool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:30 am

Post by TheFool »

Thor665 wrote:The Fool never answered the 'deeper' reasons to vote Ray, did he? He should really answer that - like - na0w!

TheFool, iso 1 wrote:Fluff posting. 15 posts, 0 content.

To elaborate, 24 posts, no vote, no voiced suspicions, no content. His only stance thus far is "quicklynches are bad".

Thor665 wrote:Could someone explain to me why it was scummy that DK called two players as having a similar playstyle?

For me it's less his finding their playstyles similar and more the way he shifts discussion with it away from legitimate questions about his wagon hopping. In essence I guess it's a function of the question derpiness.
the nose knows no snows
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Ray - so you're admitting you're useless to town? Replace out?

@TheFool - how is wagon hopping scummy in any way?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Ray - and the "supposed" meta is - I'm familiar with Newbie games - you're playing exactly like a Newbie but are blatantly not one so...why am I getting a 'this is the first time I've played' vibe off you?

Link to any completed scum games?
Ray Montano
Ray Montano
Goon
Ray Montano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Ray Montano »

I just don't understand why you're making generalized assumptions on how players should be playing based on their experience level. That doesn't make any sense. You're doing it with both myself and DK.

And if you want to find completed scum games of me you can go do the research and figure it out yourself.
Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Sky »

Thor665 wrote:
Could someone explain to me why it was scummy that DK called two players as having a similar playstyle? That (and question

For me, it's because it seems like he's trying too hard to contribute or something. Like he has these crazy accusations of me cheating but doesn't back it up. He compares us to eachother for reasons other than his own intuition which doesn't cut it for me. I might be overreacting we all know that feel of being called a cheater, which he didn't do, it just came damn close. And with nothing to back it up with it just seems like fluff.

Thanks BBmolla for answering my question.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

Ray Montano wrote:I just don't understand why you're making generalized assumptions on how players should be playing based on their experience level. That doesn't make any sense. You're doing it with both myself and DK.

DK I have meta knowledge of - it is not an experience based tell at all.
You I have no meta of, but I have a strong feeling about the way you are playing. I could call it a "gut" case if you don't like the "experience" case, but I'm trying to explain where the "gut" comes from insteand of just going "I am awesome, sheep me" which works - but usually only with people that have played with me enough before to know how accurate my reads on gut are.

Ray Montano wrote:And if you want to find completed scum games of me you can go do the research and figure it out yourself.

Reason Thor asked for meta: To see if his opinion of your scum/town play could clarify his read of you.

Town reason to avoid giving the meta: Lazy.
Scum reason to avoid giving the meta: Suspects it will help catch him as scum.

Vote stays.
Needs more votes on this wagon.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

Sky wrote:For me, it's because it seems like he's trying too hard to contribute or something. Like he has these crazy accusations of me cheating but doesn't back it up. He compares us to eachother for reasons other than his own intuition which doesn't cut it for me.

So, your accusation is that he's scum who decided to make up a case based on nothing, and hope town would buy into it and leave him alone/sheep him to get you lynched?

We have established he's not a great player - good job.
Why does this make him scum? Bad players are town in the normal statistical amounts that good players are last I checked.

@Mod - could you clarify if your random role assessment favors bad players being scum more often than good players?

The above is probably just a mocking comment, but I do want to drive the point home. You should probably sheep me onto Ray - he's scum and I actually have a case for it, we can lynch DK tomorrow when he's still being useless ;)

Return to “Completed Open Games”