Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:00 pm

Post by camn »

And I can think of a number of ways in a mafia game that more information would be more harmful than less.
You seemed to understand that fine early on in the game:
Medicated Lain wrote:A mass claim is so much more helpful towards scum than it is towards town. .
Yet now you want a claim. Can you explain? Is it just that a claim from ME, and not a MASSclaim is pro-town?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:14 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

I didn't ask you for a claim camn, I said the way you are handling your role is suspicious. What I mean is that, to say that you have you have information that would hurt the town rather than help it, sounds like a scum tactic to keep people away... make them think you are important. I personally don't believe that you are.
What do others think?

Also, yes, personally I think single person claims are a MUCH better situation than mass claims.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:23 am

Post by camn »

camn wrote:At this point, there would be more damage done by me fullclaiming than by me dying.
Medicated Lain wrote:
unvote, vote: camn
I don't see how information can be more harmful than less.
Medicated Lain wrote:I didn't ask you for a claim camn, I said the way you are handling your role is suspicious. ..

:roll:
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

Ugh, alright, we are just waiting and waiting right now. Trip: I give you 48 hours to post something of substance and convince me not to vote you. Otherwise, I will vote you, and have this game move on. Unless others find a reason to object.
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Medicated Lain wrote:Ugh, alright, we are just waiting and waiting right now. Trip: I give you 48 hours to post something of substance and convince me not to vote you. Otherwise, I will vote you, and have this game move on. Unless others find a reason to object.

Alright, Medicated Lain, here’s why you should vote for Incognito instead of me.

His first initial votes were all based on reasons that didn’t have to do with this game. He took Haylen’s obviously joking wagon seriously, then when he decided to vote between camn and Haylen he used dice, he rolled Haylen, then he declared her “obvscum”. He then leaves his “obvscum” choice to hop on Peregrine’s wagon claiming he wants to just ‘turn up the heat’. If Haylen is so “obvscum”, why would he leave his #1 suspect to hop on the bandwagon of someone he didn’t even suspect of being scummy until a juicy wagon started rolling. To me, it looks like scum going after an easy kill. Then on day 2, he goes after Thor’s slot, wanting an immediate lynch of a slot that had posted essentially no content. The problem with that is Thor is a very active player, and, from what I’ve seen, a very experienced one as well. Why kill off a slot before someone they get a chance to speak and to provide information? Information is what the town needs to lynch scum... and Incognito wanted to cut him off before he had a chance to speak. To me, it looks like a chance at another easy lynch. Part of his evidence?
“And for even more anecdotal evidence, I should mention that the only time I've just given up and replaced out of a game that I JUST replaced into was a game that I was scum in. So yeah, Thor needs to die.”
That really doesn’t help us, though. Shouldn’t we have gone on the information and scum leads we had at that moment rather than kill off someone we knew NOTHING about? So Thor posted and it didn’t go anywhere (like his case on “Obvscum” Haylen) and so he then goes to camn for a day, and then switches to the wagon on me. And now we’re here.

So that's my case on him.

And the major evidence against me? Speculation based on BM's actions.

Vote for Incognito since we at least have actual substance and evidence for his lynch, and just speculation for mine.
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

What about any one else in the town?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@TMW - also PoE and ennui.

@ML - you're contemplating turning around on TMW? The *best* I can give him is no one hammered him. If he was scum then all the scum had to be on him already or one would probably have hammered him for town points prior to Pine (unless Pine was that scum, but I'm doubting). The problem is, in a sea of wine, it works both ways - if he was town would he have been so hard to put over? But that's all I've got, and even with that he should probably go because he's an issue to the town now - you can't keep around someone put to L-1 and not lynched because of deadline, they're a liability to town unless we can confirm them as town.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Though if you want to speed lynch camn I'm game.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Searching for a replacement for Pine.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:37 am

Post by camn »

Thor665 wrote:Though if you want to speed lynch camn I'm game.

Pro town how?

I support settling the TripWire question... Though I am not happy about my lack of decent scumread on him. Of course, I don't have a very scummy read on anyone else either. Except Incog.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:28 am

Post by Haylen »

I was going to comment on Bvoigt disappearing, then noticed he's V/LA. Either way, I didn't notice I wasn't voting him
Vote Bgvoit
. I will take a look at camn and Incog to see if I would prefer one of those lynches (but I doubt it).

Not a load of stuff happening, I think I'll do a nice re-read over the weekend to refresh my mind since deadline isn't anytime soon.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Haylen »

^ I forgot to add Trips name up there too.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:10 am

Post by Incognito »

Sorry for the lack of posts - haven't had much time lately.

camn wrote:ANd Incog.. why all the anger? What 'else on this site' should I be looking at?
I meant to say "something else on this site," with emphasis on the word "something." There ARE ways to find out whether or not a person's been online here on this site, and I find it strange and extremely lazy of you to just loosely toss a lurking accusation at me without doing some research.

And actually

unvote
vote camn

If getting you to L-1 is the only way you'll claim then consider this a step towards that. Trip ain't off the hook but I want this camn thing settled Today.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by camn »

I wont claim.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Thor, I don't understand your sayings. You are voting for trip, yet you think it is scummy if I pull the trigger on him, because you don't think he is scummy, yet you are voting for him?
Trip is likely not scum.. though is definitely a player whom should be paying more attention...! Triiiiiip! Rest of town, where is your head on them?
I can see camn as likely scum. My guess would be that either one of Incog or Camn is scum, but based on my readings, I'm more likely to think that camn is scum than Incog.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

D3 VC #3 - The Little Pine Box Votecount

[3] TripMyWire - bvoigt, Thor665, Yosarian2
[3] Incognito - Pine, TripMyWire, camn
[2] camn - Medicated Lain, Incognito
[1] bvoigt - Haylen

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch or No Lynch.
Deadline is Friday, August 12th, at 1PM EST.
Please point out any votecount mistakes.

Yosarian2 is V/LA until 7/31.
bvoigt is V/LA until 7/31.

xofelf replaces Pine.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by camn »

I am so unhappy with this game.
I read it and read it and I dont see the scum anywhere.

THis of course, leads me to believe that Yosarian is scum. I figure he can utterly hide his scum-status from the likes of me.

Maybe xofelf can get this party started.

BTW, I have this weekend off, so I might be a little active.
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Thor665 wrote:@TMW - also PoE and ennui.

What's ennui?
Medicated Lain wrote:Triiiiiip! Rest of town, where is your head on them?

Quick reads:

Scum:
Incognito is scum.
Pine would be my second choice for scum. His quick hammer of Peregrine without allowing discussion on his claim bugs me. His whole attitude bugs me. His light touch bugs me. His statement of his game plan bugs me... he says he only posts when asked a question. Or when he is under pressure. He then chooses someone, sticks with it, then comes back every once in a while saying, 'oh yeah, I believe this person is still scummy, same reasons, my job is done here, bye.' It seems like a good game plan for scum. The problem is that he is voting for Incognito.

Town:
Yosarian is town.
Bvoigt is town.
Thor is town... it's hard to think of him as anything but town after my newbie game with him as IC...

Undecided:
You, my love, are a puzzle. I've been very wary of analyzing you... but you seem just as sweet and innocent as you are in reality so if I had to make a choice... I'd say town.
camn is a tough one. I was convinced she was town day one, but now I'm not sure.
Haylen... can't tell.

Medicated Lain wrote:
My guess would be that either one of Incog or Camn is scum,
but based on my readings, I'm more likely to think that camn is scum than Incog.

Is Pine still your #1 choice though?
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:02 pm

Post by camn »

I'm town, trip. Sweet AND innocent. :)
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:19 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Oh camn, you are about as Sweet as Amber, but she is already dead, so perhaps not.
I'm going to say something now. Forgive me, I do not mean this in an anti town nature, but in the nature that this is why my vote is not being placed on Incognito, and we need something ot make the game move.
I am not voting for incog, based on the way that Yos defended him. Yos seemed in his defense like he had some definite reason for not voting, like there is some kind of link, and he knew it would be a bad idea for us.
I wonder if it may be bad for the town mentioning this, but scum would have probably noticed and made their own opinions anyway. Right now, this game needs a topic, so I'm giving us something to talk about.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:28 am

Post by camn »

Yos = most cunning manipulator.

Which means you might be right about Incog-town.... But wrong about Yos-town.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:48 am

Post by xofelf »

Hi. I will not have a chance to read this over until tomorrow night. If someone would be willing to give me a small summary that would be appreciated.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Incognito »

Medicated Lain wrote:Yos seemed in his defense like he had some definite reason for not voting, like there is some kind of link, and he knew it would be a bad idea for us.
I won't confirm or deny anything related to this but if you felt this way why did you end up voting me near deadline anyway?

If camn won't claim we should just lynch her. She's scum anyway - I just have high doubts about her soft-claim; I mean if she really was a PR of some sort, I'd think she'd have used her ability to find out I was town already or would have less reason to think I was scum and would have stopped attacking me relentlessly. Because she hasn't done that and has continuously pushed after two straights Nights of obtaining "info" or what have you I'm almost positive she's stalling scum.

Trip, are you even thinking about interactions? I don't see how you could have me as your top pick for scum and then Pine as your second choice.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:59 am

Post by camn »

/sigh
This is what cases are made of these days?
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

@incog: I voted for you because it was an option.

The fact is, I do think that one of either incog or camn is probably scum. I would be down with lynching either or right now. Trip is going up and up on this list, because I'm just not seeing any real motives behind ideas... but this is more as ineffective town, rather than scummy actions... given that we are day three, we need to be taking lynches seriously. I do also agree that pine is incredibly scummy. I would prefer over anyone, to lynch in that direction, I think there's a high chance of hitting scum, but no one else seems to agree.

So... @town. Top 3 candidates, and why?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”