ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by ooba »

I didn't even know the thread had been created.

\Confirm
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:34 am

Post by ooba »

Toogeloo wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'm goon

lolwut?

/anywhoconfirmandwhatnot

Lol. Start the game so that I can vote LLD already :)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:51 am

Post by ooba »

YAY!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:14 am

Post by ooba »

Greeting Gentlefolk!

The Guardians of the Universe divided the universe into many sectors. Each sector was assigned one lantern who is responsible for it's well being and safety. I am responsible for
Sector 18534

There are those amongst us who threaten our existence.
- On first glance, the post by the earthling known as LLD looked like a possible subconscious slip. However, even if that were true - "Goon" is earth parlance for a member of the "Mafia".
- I have reason to believe that a bigger threat exists - one which might compromise the very fabric of our universe if left unchecked - the Black lanterns!

Luckily the guardians have provided me with a magical cult finder which I shall now employ to find the cult leader. Apart from my ring, this is one of the most powerful artifacts in the universe and hence, cannot fail.

Original Roll String: 1d24
1 24-Sided Dice: (13) = 13
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:15 am

Post by ooba »

Apparently, the Guardians have a sense of humor ..

Vote: Vezo
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:43 am

Post by ooba »

1) White\Black lantern
2) Colored lantern
3) Non-Lantern
were my choices.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:50 am

Post by ooba »

ToastyToast wrote:@mastin and Nikanor: Guy Gardner is one of the human green lanterns (there are like 3 or 4 in the course of the series). Gardner=second possible choice for the ring that chose Hal Jordan. In other words, he and hal don't really get along

Why did you feel the need to (incorrectly) answer for inhim here?

All four GLs were present in both BNM and BDM IIRC.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:10 am

Post by ooba »

ToastyToast wrote:
ooba wrote:
ToastyToast wrote:@mastin and Nikanor: Guy Gardner is one of the human green lanterns (there are like 3 or 4 in the course of the series). Gardner=second possible choice for the ring that chose Hal Jordan. In other words, he and hal don't really get along

Why did you feel the need to (incorrectly) answer for inhim here?
All four GLs were present in both BNM and BDM IIRC.

No I'm not incorrect. Beginning of GL series had the two of them go from rivals to bffs really quickly. THought it made sense from a millers perspective.

I felt the need to answer the question because I know a decent amount of flavor?
- I wasn't saying you were incorrect about the setup facts. - You were wrong about why Gardner was a miller in this case
- For future reference, you should let others answer the question first (esp. since you know flavor and they can slip up)

Well that also destroys this particular pre-game speculation I sent to dana along with the choices:
- The evil white lanterns (Maxwell Lord, Captain_Boomerang, Osiris, Professor Zoom) will be the Mafia group.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:19 am

Post by ooba »

Let's get one thing straight
- Black lantern(s) are mod-confirmed to be cult (Dueling cults is fun to speculate on but barring new info, I'll just assume it's one cult)
- Really shouldn't matter who the scum team is right now
- "Lynch scum for the first lynch; lynch cult for second lynch" is funny. Cult's obviously the growing threat and trust me - we are going to have a hard time lynching CR even if two lynches are spent on the cause.

Also, finally, Andrius is not cult - so your votes are better used elsewhere.

I'll whittle down the rest of the list for possible CRs and come up with a lynch list - expect a post on this in
(expired on 2011-07-31 15:59:59)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by ooba »

ooba wrote:I'll whittle down the rest of the list for possible CRs and come up with a lynch list - expect a post on this in
(expired on 2011-07-31 15:59:59)
At least don't lynch me before I come up with this :P

mastin, I am not cult.

Andrius wrote:I know that, but how do YOU know that, concretely?
Concretely - no. But strong read - will explain more in the above promised post.

Mr.Subliminal - You're slipping. Some of your posts don't have any subliminal messages.

Candle Jack - It's a conscious playstyle choice. I've noticed that I do better at games I replace into on D1 than games in which I start out - early (incorrect) reads on scum pairs are reinforced by further confirmation bias. So I'll post my scum reads in sometime.
But haven't been totally useless in this time - I've been busy.

1. You'll have to wait.
2. Agreed. Mafia will be more in number than the cult currently. Doesn't change the fact that trying to lynch cult before it grows is the best action for town.
2a. Yes - I think a CR and Mafia will definitely play differently today.
3. I'll follow up my cult post with re-read specifically for Mafia associations.

The selective-hunting tell (aka hunting for one faction exclusively) is a good point but it stems from the fact that I think going after cult is the best move for town today.
- Also, you should note that I know of the selective-hunting tell & avoid it as scum: B&B2 (I am the SK but push for SK hunting apart from Mafia hunting). I'm not going to go "Lol. CULT!" if I was Mafia this game. (I mention Selective Scumhunting here.)

Also @Toog - as soon I read zMuffin's post - I was like "Somebody is going to vote me because they think he's a buddy defending me" :)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:48 pm

Post by ooba »

Narrowed it down to 8 possibilities for the CR ...

@nopint
What are you own reasons for voting Vezok?
Why the FOS on Tantalas and Nikanor?

@tantalas
Why claim Larfleeze?

@LLD
Confirm if the Red-blue thing is a PR or something you made up.

@Nik, Friend, zMuff
I've eliminated Friend as being a CR but tougher time with Nik and ZMuff.
Any chance that the CR could be in one of you (or) can I write you off due to the Mod-PM shenanigans?
Similar on the toasty bit..

@Friend
hippo = Non CR? Can whatever you spotted be from a fakeclaim?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:42 am

Post by ooba »

nopointinactingup wrote:
Unvote.Vote:Ooba

Lol. Not a CR ...
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:10 am

Post by ooba »

Friend wrote:Hiplop's town, ooba. Not a CR unless there's something wonky going on.

And the other bit on the Mod-PM?
Specifically Nika, zMuff. And Toasty who tagged along ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:55 am

Post by ooba »

Cult Recruiters: How to spot them

I've analyzed some previous cult games I could find and see I could spot some "CR" tells which are common across the board. I've restricted myself to just D1 play.

Game: Succession Mafia
Modifers: Dueling cults
D1 ends at: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:51 am
a) Erg0 - Quagmire
- Doesn't stay on the biggest wagon for any length of time
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8#p2480318
- Votes Non-major wagon (Starts it infact)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p2482621
- Keeps talking about lack of time to say more

b) animorph - Flameaxe
- Afraid to get into arguments
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p2480249
- Scumhunting seems useless for the most part
- Vote with little to no reasoning (Suspecting other of being the other CR?)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p2487341

Game: The Walking Dead
Modifiers: Mini-Theme
D1 ends at Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:01 pm
chesskid
- For someone who chooses a abrasive personality on purpose - the "jk" in the post is kinda bad (chess meta) - http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p2796271
- Proper scumslip - Call someone out for something, not voting them and only voting later when someone else has done so. http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p2797617
- Chooses not to comment on Jack's speculation that there is a cult

Game: Of Gods and Men
Modifiers: Had a recruit D1+ Recruit was lynched D1
D1 ends at Jun 03, 2010 4:10 am
Faraday
- Starts the wagons on Iece and struck (Note that vote counts this game will be deceptive since D1 votes were transposed two positions). Exception to the early position on wagon rule but ortolan was his recruit.

Overall:
- Quantity of Posts x Quality of original thoughts\actual scumhunting = On the lower side. Tend to post less than usual - not to the extent where they would be called out on it though.
- Avoids stepping on people's toes
- Prefer starting or being early on a wagon and don't join in a late position. Also doesn't stay in the "Not Voting" category.

~~~~~~~

Latest Votecount
ooba (8) - WeyounsLastClone, Candle Jack, nopointinactingup, Toogeloo, Andrius, Apokalyptika, vezokpiraka, Ghostwriter
Toogeloo (4) - Nikanor, Lady Lambdadelta, zMuffinMan, Friend
Andrius (4) - mastin2, Mr. Subliminal, inHimshallibe, Oversoul
vezokpiraka (2) - ooba, hiplop
nopointinactingup (1)- ToastyToast
WLC (1) - tanstalas

Not Voting (6) - FrozenMirror, Kast, marco1610, kondi2424

- Anyone beyond the first three votes on any wagon can be discounted as the CR.
-- Toogeloo, Andrius, Apokalyptika, vezokpiraka, Ghostwriter, Friend, Oversoul
-- Addn: Re-read Toog just to be sure because he pinged my scumdar while re-reading later. Wasn't entirely sure so used meta here.
Hypnotist's Mafia vs DEFCON 3.0. The lack of another scum game (Esp. one where you can quote posts) hurts but looks like this is his town meta.

- Out of the not voting category
-- Frozenmirror has posted and there is no vote yet. - Not CR (Plus why the gambit as CR?)
-- Kast: After his "Sorry I missed this post" - he has made a fairly big post in another game of his. I don't see a CR not posting in this game especially when he can get called out on it for non-activity. - Not CR
-- macro hasn't posted anything beyond confirm. Kondi hasn't posted anything beyond confirm. Can't say for sure but I would have been more proactive as a mod replacing them if this was the CR slot. - Probably Not CR

Which leaves..
- MrSub - Decent amount of reads posted. I would have expected the hydra-heads to discuss posts\reads more before posting - certainly don't expect them to be post count leader. - Not a CR
- mastin - High activity level plus brings a CULT LEADER section to his first reads post - which I don't expect a CR to do. (Plus the "X of Y", choices stuff) - Not a CR
- inHimshalibe - First there is the miller claim. Secondly was on a late position in the early Andrius wagon. Plus lot of vote switching - Not A CR
- Candle Jack - Late position in Andrius wagon. Stuff like "ooba's probably not cult" + him saying it's better to concentrate on Mafia first is not something I would expect a CR to post. + Abrasiveness (not afraid to step on people's toes) - Not A CR
- nopointinactingup - Not sure if a CR would come out of the blocks with White=cult speculation. Re-read in context. Leaning No. (Addn: The vote on me is funny. Not a CR because no CR is going to vote a person who is trying to find out CR without giving reasoning; Makes him looks suspicious for no reason)

- Nikanor - Can't read in ISO because of some Role PM shenanigans. Will comment on re-read. Leaning No.
- zMuffinMan - Backup PR speculation. Plus PM shenanigans. Don't know - Not CR if PM stuff checks out.
- hiplop - Focuses entirely on Vezok's slip. Especially about white needing to rejoin the game later. Also PM shenanigans. No but not as confident about the ones above.
Addn: I'm taking Friend's+Nika's view on the above three.

- tanstalas - The Lafreeze claim gives me pause as I am not sure why he saw the need to claim. Votes are all starting votes but too much vote switching to fit CR pattern. Making the earlier SK a CR and giving him the lafreeze as a fakeclaim might be a diabolical mod touch but Abrasiveness + fakeclaim discussion looking genuine leads me to say Mostly Not a CR.

- Lady Lambdadelta - First thought a CR would never do a "goon" gambit but discounted that since it was autocorrect. Need to figure out if this Red-Blue stuff is a gambit - and whether how her scum meta reads. Maybe. But I personally wouldn't have done any stupid Red-Blue stuff as a CR since drawing attention to yourself is not something you want done as a CR.
Addn: I'm not sure what's up with the recent ooba defense?

- ToastyToast: He is annoyed with the voting on him. The part about the "You voting me over vezok or knodi" smacks as self-presevationist. The votes on Andrius and nopoint fit the CR voting pattern. I'm using meta to narrow this one down.
-- Meta: Town (Defcon) vs Scum (Open 291) - Looks like his town meta. - Not a CR (Also not scum)

- WeyounsLastClone: Starts the wagon on me. Very few posts but fits the profile of not saying much original. Only point is that his posts are on the lower side of what I'd have expected a CR to post.
-- Meta (Town - Philosophy Mafia + one ongoing large in which he flipped + Directional Mafia) vs (Stratego Mafia)
Tough to make out much with 5 posts but:
- Votes for Gorrad in his scum game for Self voting and me for dice voting here (Also another ongoing but flipped - but doesn't vote a player who voted for No Lynch in the random stage as town)
- Also tends to get into genuine scumhunting early as town (i.e within first few posts)

Unvote. Vote: WLC

This is my best bet for a CR.

P.S I'll need to recheck & ISO\meta {Apokalyptika, vezokpiraka, Ghostwriter, Friend, Oversoul} just in case they are CRs that didn't exhibit the early wagon tell. But fairly confident on voting WLC for the lynch.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:24 am

Post by ooba »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Ooba, you're making a rather large error in assuming that all CRs will play by the same tactics and tells you have outllined. It's like saying "All Mafia do THIS", when in reality tells vary from player to player and strategy to strategy.

Suspiciously missing on your reference list is Blackest Night.
Which is why I need to recheck the first batch I eliminated. Other stuff is just common sense - some play just doesn't make sense as the CR -
- I'd be extremely surprised if any of these {Kast\macro\kondi\MrSub\inhim\CJ\nopoint\Toasty} turn out to be the CR. Reasoning as above.
- If Friend\Nik are right - you can eliminate {Nik\Friend\zMuff\hiplop} for sure
Of the rest - Andrius is not the CR - general vibe + Activity levels. Toog via meta analysis

I can definitely say that the CR lies in this list {Apokalyptika, vezokpiraka, Ghostwriter, Oversoul, tantalas, WLC, LLD, FrozenMirror}. This is without using the CR voting tells from above. Mafia would be well advised to shoot here. (In fact, I'd say they should shoot WLC if he doesn't get lynched today)

P-edit: I read three games to get a glimpse of CR play. Started with Succession and oGaM because they were games that I've played in. Walking dead was the next one which came to my mind. I stopped with three.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by ooba »

tanstalas wrote:I think Ooba is at L2, and as for my reasoning for claiming my role name, I already explained, so go back and read.

No you didn't. You just claimed because you got the same role you had last time.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by ooba »

I don't understand why people think that they can tell one type of scum from another on day one with no flips.
HUMILITY IS DEAD.
Yeah.
- The "Let the CR recruit" then we scumhunt by associations doesn't work at all.
-- First problem: Which night was the recruit recruited?
-- Second problem: Did a change in suspicion of recruit on player X arise because (a)X is the cult recruiter (b)Recruit wanted to frame X as the recruiter (c )Genuine change in suspicion?
Most of the CR's play revolves around not getting lynched. I'm not about to lay back and be passive and let it get to a point where town can't win.

All of those who think I'm a CR seriously need to get their head re-examined.

Anyways
- I didn't get my first choice but I know why I got my role (because of spec while sending in choices + "Wouldn't be too disappointed if I don't draw White/Black at all and move to colored." bit)
Just thought I'd give you my reasoning while picking choices

Setup
- The evil white lanterns (Maxwell Lord, Captain_Boomerang, Osiris, Professor Zoom) will be the Mafia group.
- Not sure of the SK - Don't think you'll repeat Lafreeze as SK - so I'll put my money on Luthor as SK
- Black is obviously cult (as mentioned). - Mafia,SK will be unrecruitable - Also the seven main colored lanterns (Jordan, Sinestro, Ferris...) plus white lanterns will be unrecruitable. (So assuming you use 4 out of 7+8 as fakeclaims) - That makes it one CR, 12 unrecruitables and 11 recruitables - which seems balanced for the CR. Also with two lynches per day, one pre-game or N0 recruit plus one-shot BP seems about right for the CR ..
- All the other colored Lanterns and Non lanterns should be town and recruitable. You'll vary the number of each based on the number of UPicks & to keep it balanced number of ring-wise for Luthor. (For example if a lot of people go "Non-Lantern", you'll do stuff like giving Wonder Woman and the Atom rings)

My choices
- I think a lot of people have chosen White/Black. I expect that over 10 people in the signups before LMP have chosen W/B as their first choice.
- I'm going White/Black first over Colored cause if I draw cult, think I'll do well (Nightkills are my only worry). If I draw white scum, some good players in the list to be scumbuddies with - on the other hand I think dual day lynches hurt the scum team more than the cult - but fairly confident on my scum play abilities to take a chance. Worst possible scenario with this is drawing Hawkgirl or Hawkman white lanterns cause I hate them but got to take a risk ;).
- Wouldn't be too disappointed if I don't draw White/Black at all and move to colored.

1) White/Black Lantern
2) Colored Lantern
3) Non-Lantern

Please don't rejig stuff if I am too right about the setup ;)

Claim:
Lex Luthor (Orange Lantern Corps)

Flavor: For a short time, I worked with the others against the Black lanterns, but greed got the better of me and tried to steal stuff from Sinestro and RL corps. I was still in the position to help out, so I am tolerated.
Role:
1-shot Governor
- can target a player - will survive a lynch without flipping role or alignment . If that player doesn't get lynched, my one-shot is not used up.

I asked the mods if I can use it on myself - no reply till now. Anyway even if I can, I'm not going to since I don't see the point in wasting one of the two lynches (since if the first fails, you'd lynch me a second time)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by ooba »

Mr Subliminal wrote:I really feel
with my fist
that your claim would be remiss
fake
without including your win condition
these are the basics

For instance, I'm perfectly happy
high
to help you achieve a third-party-you-leave-the-game
lame
win condition, if you have one.

Andrius already claimed the part where one town player has to survive bit of the PM so what's the purpose? Apart from that - yeah we need to eliminate all threats.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by ooba »

tanstalas wrote:@ooba - Do you have any kind of ... I don't know how to ask this.. 'expiry date' for being in the Orange Lanterns?
Nope.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (isolation #19) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by ooba »

tanstalas wrote:See the thing is my PM basically says I gave my powers to Lex Luthor for the time being (24 hours) but I will get them back.

So I'm unsure of what to make of his role. I believe he is Lex Luthor, but I am wondering if he might turn after D1 into another faction.

We'll take it up after D1 ..

Updated unofficial Vote count wrote:ooba (8) - WeyounsLastClone, Toogeloo, Andrius, Apokalyptika, vezokpiraka, Ghostwriter, Mr. Subliminal, Kast
Toogeloo (10) - Nikanor, Lady Lambdadelta, zMuffinMan, Friend, tanstalas, ToastyToast, Candle Jack, Oversoul, mastin2, nopointinactingup
inHimshallibevezokpiraka (2) - hiplop
WLC (1) - ooba

Not Voting (6) - FrozenMirror, marco1610, kondi2424

@Toog: Claim
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:23 am

Post by ooba »

Toogeloo wrote:Ganthet, Green Lantern Jack of All Trades [Cop, Doc, Vig]

Look how fast these votes switched from a claimed Governor to the second vote leader. Yeah, this doesn't reek.
Flavor ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:37 am

Post by ooba »

Toogeloo wrote:I was a Guardian of the Universe, created the Blue Lanterns with Sayd, and apparently was leader of both Blue and Green. Resigned from leadership to be a full Green Lantern much to the disappointment of the other Guardians.

Timeline is wrong. This game presumably takes place between the end of Blackest night and the beginning of Brightest Day. As evidenced by
- White lanterns not being part of the game yet
- The 24-hour ring deputization which happened towards the end of Blackest night
"In responce to this, Ganthet activated a hidden code in the power rings which forcibly duplicated them, and sent these duplicates off to find other bearers. Presumably this code is different from the other more common method of duplication, which was in fact a temporary construct intended to deputize an individual for 24 hours. With one of the Green Rings, Ganthet became a deputy Green Lantern."

So since Ganthet was supposed to be the one responsible to this 24-hour power transfer, you can't be a green lantern as of this moment yet as that happens later.
With the end of the Blackest Night, Ganthet along with Guy Gardner had secret communiques with the Red Lantern leader Atrocitus who told them to come to Ysmault. There, Ganthet explained his mysterious goals to the Red Lantern with the three agreeing to a form of pact between them. With that complete, Ganthet returned to Oa in order to make the ultimate sacrifice which was resigning himself from the status as Guardian of the Universe of any of the Corps and instead become devoted to becoming a Green Lantern.

tl;dr - You cannot be a Green lantern on D1 given the other claims.

Vote: Toog
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:41 am

Post by ooba »

Unvote. Vote: Toog
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:12 am

Post by ooba »

Mr Subliminal wrote:Flavor meta is stupid
no message needed
. Either his claim is real or it's a mod-provided fakeclaim. It seems really odd coming from ooba, whose claim is based on someone who was an Orange Ring for less than 24 hours.

If Toog is anything but cult recruiter, we are better off directing his vig shot before lynching him regardless of anything else
the basics
It makes even more sense coming from me? - since tans claim on the 24 hour bit places the game at the end of Blackest night on D1. So let's analyze
- Justice league has a "Hostile" result on Toog.
- Claim really doesn't make sense. He's probably modified his fakeclaim so that there's an incentive to keep him around.
You lynch those with a guilty on them - those be
the basics
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:29 am

Post by ooba »

Mr Subliminal wrote:You're not arguing that he should be lynched because of the guilty, you're arguing he should be lynched because you say his claim doesn't make sense. You then attack the flavor of his claim.

Attacking the flavor of his claim is stupid.

I'm not saying Toog's innocent, I'm saying that your attack on him reeks as disingenuous when its well known that the mod provides scum fakeclaims.
I asked for a claim and pointed out the holes in it - either the mod was lazy with the fakeclaim creation or the more probable scenario of Toog decideding to modify the fakeclaim of (Ganthet, something else) to JoAT and added on the Green lantern bit so that it's more believable. Just because you don't consider scenarios where scum tinker with mod provided fakeclaims doesn't make attacking claims via flavor stupid.

@Toog: Nikanor wouldn't have let this go till L-2 and allow people to lynch you if this was an ruse attempt.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:04 am

Post by ooba »

Good. You got your scum lynch - now let's lynch cult.
Vote: WLC

@MrSub - Do you believe Tans or don't you? What do you think I am - scum or cult?

@LL - inhim is a bad lynch - given the miller claim.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:36 am

Post by ooba »

Kast wrote:With Toog lynched, I'm keeping my vote where it is.

@Ooba-
This was ridiculous. There's no need to invent a BS reason to justify voting Toog. The claimed guilty is the reason for lynching him. Also, your flavor chronology is screwed up and indicates you have not actually read the comics but instead are just quoting bits and pieces from a wiki (or whatever source). Ganthet became a Deputy Green Lantern at the same time that Luthor became a Deputy Orange Lantern.

More than that though, the Mod took liberties flavor in BNM and has said he may do the same in BDM. Flavor CAN be helpful, but this was not an example of that.

@Tans-
Does your PM mention of Luthor include anything that identifies or hints at Luthor
as town
, or is that just a conclusion you are drawing?

The flavor of Luthor's as a villain AND his betrayal of his mission support him as prob-scum. The Governor claim asks to be tested (and Ooba's claim to be town but to be unwilling to Governor himself is WTF?!?). But trumping both of those is that his play itself strongly suggests he is playing as scum.
And this is getting to outguessing the mods, but I think his posted choice submission speculation for game setup has a good chance at being correct and I would expect Dana to give Ooba Luthor/SK/Independent given his post guessing about Luthor

I could see Tans as town with Ooba as scum (of some sort). I could also see a Larfleeze/Luthor pair as two third party roles (potentially not on the same team as each other).

@Mastin-
Your softclaim as
X
of
X
and
Y
STRONGLY suggests who you and
Y
are
AND
STRONGLY suggests that
Y
is a role that probably does not want to reveal herself. But it looks much more like a town-town pair than the Oranges.

So let's analyze this
- There is no reason for me (as scum) to invent a BS reason to vote Toog when I could have just sheeped the rest into voting for the guilty. Absence of any scum motivation for pointing out that his claim didn't fit the {white,tans-me} claims points to me doing exactly what I said I was - pointing out discrepencies as town.
- Maybe you should actually go back and read the flavor Toog claimed (the reason why I asked him for it) and the comics again:
-- Ganthet was only a deputy GL at the end of Blackest night
-- Ganthet only resigned as a Guardian and became a full-time GL only at the start of Brightest day
http://greenlantern.wikia.com/wiki/Ganthet

- I was unwilling to waste a lynch on myself. What do you think would have happened?
-- I use the governor on me. Town lynches me. I survive. Second lynch also on me. Bam - two lynches wasted and one town player down. Clearly, I was going to be lynched and didn't see why I had to waste another lynch.
Anyway - Mod has confirmed that I cannot use it on myself.
Also - I don't see the point in wasting a lynch just to confirm myself. If the exact power transfers - tans should be able to confirm it's a Governor.

Am I cult?

No. I am not going to come out of the gates cult hunting as cult. Lying low or just general scum hunting (i.e my regular play as Mafia) would have carried me through most of the game without getting lynched.

Am I scum?

No. One, I have tans vouching for me. Two, the brokeness of the Janitor+Governor combo should be apparent.

Am I third-party?

If I was third party like Tans last time, the mods would have given me a fakeclaim. (Tans had "Sodam Yat" last game)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (isolation #27) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:12 am

Post by ooba »

Kast wrote:Submitted before finishing response.

If a townie can stop the lynch of a confirmed townie, then he should.
There's NO guarantee at all that you'd be lynched again
, but not using your power GUARANTEES that a townie PR gets mislynched.

Of course there is - I'm good at reading the general mood of the town. So - even if I had survived the first lynch - what bearing does it really have on alignment? Could have still been scum who had a self-governor power, could have been a scumbuddy who saved me .. Considering that the town is
still
suspicious of me even after another player vouches for me, pretty sure I was right in that read that I would have gotten lynched twice anyway.

Like I said I was happy at that point getting mislynched if it meant the second lynch could be used on a prob-CR. (Plus, me flipping town would hopefully at least make people read that analysis).

@WIFOM on cult hunting: No. Coming out strongly against the cult already exhibits selective scumhunting - a tell which I avoid as scum in a multi-scum game. So that action increased the risk that I would be lynched at no real tangible benefit for myself - since the argument "I won't hunt cult as cult" is easily dismissed as WIFOM - therefore an action which is suboptimal as cult.

@Janitor+Governor: Of course it's serious. He's flipped a 2-shot Janitor. I can make sure one lynch doesn't happen. So between the two of us, we could have made sure that town didn't get the first three lynch flips.

And good misrep on the Governor. I can't use it on myself. I still can use it on somebody else if needed. I choose not to.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (isolation #28) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:31 am

Post by ooba »

Nikanor wrote:Okay, ooba:
a) Whence are you getting the idea that Toog could target someone during the day? I don't see "day janitor" in his role, do you?
b) One-shot governor on a two-player cult team would be a decent way to reduce the likelihood of the CR being lynched d1.

Everyone else: Please stop referring to ooba as a PR. Governor is hardly useful to the town.
a) I've only played with a Janitor in the invitational where scum could use it on lynches.
b) Personally, a backup CR is better setup choice than either Governor or making the CR one-shot lynch proof. Doesn't punish the town for correct play and still gives the chance that the setup wouldn't become boring if CR dies early. You think Tans is in a two-player cult team with me?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (isolation #29) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:36 am

Post by ooba »

Nikanor wrote:FAKECLAIMING

Fakeclaiming what?
- Rolename?
- Governor ability?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (isolation #30) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:43 am

Post by ooba »

Nikanor wrote:Rolename. I think you're actually a governor (it would be pretty stupid to fakeclaim a provable role that is absolutely useless to the town), I just don't think you're Lex Luthor or town.

- If you believe the role part of it, then I'm most not scum. Just checked BNM - Janitor was a passive skill which hid alignments of scum kills. Governor+Janitor would still be OP for a single scum team.
- Lex Luthor is a pretty awful fakeclaim to give to cult.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:53 am

Post by ooba »

ToastyToast wrote:@Ooba: Even considering that you self-governor is anti-town. WHy did you need to ask the mod? Did you WANT to use the governor on yourself?
Wasn't there in the PM so thought it was worth clarifying.

ooba,
Who says there's only one scumteam? I personally think we have 3 (Red, Yellow, Black).
So your defence is "Luthor is a bad fakeclaim" instead of saying "tans has confirmed me"? Interesante...

- I'm assuming one scum team till we see evidence for another. I think it's unlikely but sure - Yellow could be another mafia team and I could be it's Governor.
- I've said that too. Luthor being a bad fakeclaim for cult is another point that needs to be brought up.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:04 am

Post by ooba »

Friend wrote:I think there's a great chance there's another scumteam.

So yeah...this defense:

ooba wrote:@Janitor+Governor: Of course it's serious. He's flipped a 2-shot Janitor. I can make sure one lynch doesn't happen. So between the two of us, we could have made sure that town didn't get the first three lynch flips.

sucks.

Sure lets go with that - now explain the bit where Tans knows Lex Luthor is in the game.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (isolation #33) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:12 am

Post by ooba »

I'm getting stuck in a endless loop of defending myself. I'll just make this succulent ..

Lex Luthor cannot be a fakeclaim - Souce: Tans apparently has it in his role PM. So I cannot be Red\Yellow\Black whatever except Lex Luthor. The only things I can be is
- Town
- Lex Luthor SK
Neither of which are great lynch choices when there is a cult around.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (isolation #34) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:21 am

Post by ooba »

Mr Subliminal wrote:Did you just say "lolicouldbeanSKbutdontlynchme"?

mod
With X alive, Y required to lynch pweez :3

No. I just logically showed you that
- I CANNOT be in a Mafia team (Yellow\Red)
- I CANNOT be cult (Black)
And I listed out that the only possibilities left are town and Lex SK. Also pointed out that in both possibilities, lynching me is suboptimal with a cult alive.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (isolation #35) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:26 am

Post by ooba »

Friend wrote:Why does Yellow have to be a scumteam?

It doesn't and I don't think it is. But it is you guys who brought it up as one of the possibilities ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:13 pm

Post by ooba »

Unfortunate timing as far as this game is concerned but I am going to be V\LA for the next four days.
I'd rather I not be lynched but if that's the case - don't lynch me until I come back - I'd like to do a run through for scum and post final thoughts ..

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”