Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

I need not explain anything. I already told you I wasn't voting for Trip on day two. He just had surgery, so I was excusing the lack of play. Now that it's day three however, I consider this real game, and will not hesitate if I feel that he is scum. That being said, I don't actually think that trip is scum. BM's posting more than anything is the only thing that really makes me think anything of Trip... but I'm just not sure what to make of it right now. Thor, you know exactly what I am talking about with trip's play, so why are you voting him? If this is meant to kill, then my suspicions lean right back to you.

@Trip: If you want to help the town, it's time to throw in your real voice. Analyzing each player individually, and coming up with a real idea for who looks scummy, and who not, will help your case. Unless I hear what you say today, I cannot excuse the lack of play any further my dear!

Yos: I'm trying to understand your logic on "trip must be scum" but I just don't see it. I certainly don't believe we have a scum team larger than 3 people in a town this size. For all we know, it could even just be a partnership. So let's look at the scenerios:

Assume Trip is scum. 0-1 more scum member. 10 People alive. 5 people voting yes. 1 person the candidate, and that leaves 4 other people. How do these numbers in any way point to Trip being scum? If there's another mafia, chances are he was probably already busing. If the other mafia wasn't busing, that still leaves 3 other chances for Trip to be hatched away. That's just too big to say it makes sense.

Now let's look at other wise. Trip is not scum. 1-2 other people are scum. Scum generally want to kill, not end in mislynch. Likely our scum would be on this wagon.... HOWEVER...

Consider this:

Pine wrote:No, Yos, if there's a vig, it's gotta be Nathan. Luigi is plausible as SK, but I'm seeing the Largo family as the Mafia here. Four Mafia is a bit much for a game this size, so there's probably some internal Mafia politics, that would fit with the flavor. I just finished playing a Star Wars-themed game (on a different site) where there were more Mafia than usual, but they had Usurper mechanics in line with the Sith Rule of Two...there's a similar flavor going on with the Largo family here.
Graverobber as third party. Maybe some kind of unique mechanic to reflect stealing from the dead or Survivor. Shiloh is a VT role. Amber may be the non-Mafia Largo, she's the most self-interested and least...evil. Pavi may have some kind of mechanic related to his face-changing. Blind Mag is probably some kind of investigative role. Watcher maybe?

But yeah. I can't see Luigi Largo as Town, and certainly not as a VT.

UNVOTE: Camn <--Holy shit, I thought I unvoted a while ago.
VOTE: PeregrineV

Here is Pine throwing the hammer at Peregrine day one, not even with the deadline there to approach and make it necessary. What I wonder: is why pine was so hesitant day two, given that there was no problem with it on day one. He posted within the realm of opportunity, but delayed, hesitated...

Pine wrote:Was about to ask for a claim out of Trip, but I ISO'd him first. Looks like I blinked and missed his claim. I find the claim plausible but unlikely. It's just too obscure, when Repo! hardly lacks for enough characters to fill a mini. Otherwise, I'm not an especially big fan of the case on Trip, but Incog clearly isn't the lynch for today, and Trip is. I'll take an informative lynch that some of my Town-reads are advocating over a no-lynch ten days out of ten.

Unvote

THIS IS INTENT TO HAMMER.

Trip, please make a final post with your outgoing reads and last words. It will be heartily ignored if you flip scum, and taken seriously if you flip Town.

Obviously he was working hard to get Trip lynched, he really agreed that this should happen.

Pine wrote:I have my smartphone. I'll give Trip until 10:30 EDT (30 minutes before deadline) to post, then make it happen.

Why hesitate? This last post shows, he really wanted to get trip thrown overboard... but why the concern on if he's the one doing this? Why is trip posting one more time, that important? The Peregrine thing happened so fast, honestly I didn't even get to see the game from Peregrine posting his claim until after day one was already over. June 22nd, with a deadline of July 1st. Yet day two ends with a no lynch because Pine wanted to see one more post from trip.

I suspect, assuming Pine is scum, and trip not, that Pine would be thinking that people would look at his actions two days in a row of throwing the hammer on a mislynch, and use it to build more of a case on him. It's the only real reason I can see for Pine to take such hasty actions in day one, yet be so afraid to do anything in day two. Pine, I'll love to hear your defense on this.

vote: Pine
I'm very serious about this, and Thor I'd love to see you throw your "Pine is so obv town" at this case. I've given you so many reasons why he's scum now, you can look at my ISO if you want more.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Pine »

What defense? I acted hastily D1, got burned, and got cautious. That's a stupid argument, but at least you're trying to find something.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Medicated Lain wrote:I need not explain anything. I already told you I wasn't voting for Trip on day two. He just had surgery, so I was excusing the lack of play. Now that it's day three however, I consider this real game, and will not hesitate if I feel that he is scum. That being said, I don't actually think that trip is scum. BM's posting more than anything is the only thing that really makes me think anything of Trip... but I'm just not sure what to make of it right now. Thor, you know exactly what I am talking about with trip's play, so why are you voting him? If this is meant to kill, then my suspicions lean right back to you.

This is meant to kill.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:12 am

Post by Green Crayons »

A bloo bloo bloo.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by camn »

Hmph.

I am very disappointed in the no-kill yesterday.
Nothing has changed from my end.. except I am working night shift this week.
Expect more later.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:48 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

a cricket chirps. Trip hunters are wasting time and holding up the game. Yos is gone for a while, there's no one here to defend incog but himself.. so Incog, what's going on?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:17 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Quick V/LA post

Haylen wrote:\
I don't hammer people when I'm convinced another person is scum. Hence my lack of hammer yesterday

Dosn't matter, Haylen; the fact that we no-lynched today was incredibly bad for the town. Now we're going to lynch Trip today most likely, and we gain nothing except a dead townie from no-lynching yesterday. You choosing to not hammer was an anti-town decision.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:45 am

Post by InflatablePie »

D3 VC #1 - The Stay Tuned Votecount

[3] TripMyWire - bvoigt, Thor665, Yosarian2
[1] Invognito - Pine
[1] Pine - Medicated Lain
[4] Not Voting: Incognito, camn, Haylen, TripMyWire

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch or No Lynch.
Deadline is Friday, August 12th, at 1PM EST.
Please point out any votecount mistakes.

~This VC has been edited to reflect non-voters~

Yosarian2 is V/LA until 7/31.
bvoigt is V/LA until 7/31.
Last edited by InflatablePie on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:49 am

Post by TripMyWire »

VOTE: Incognito

So everyone is voting me just because of BM's actions and PoE, right?
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Thor665 »

And because you weren't lynched yesterday ;)
Yeah.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:25 am

Post by camn »

VOTE INCOGNITO.

He is avoiding the game. It has been 48 hours since the thread opened... and he is MIA!
I can't tell if he is online or not.. but I think that by his own logic he is scum.
The mod sent PMs to everyone saying the thread was open! And he is ALWAYS on!

Incognito wrote:...
Anyway, TripMyWire was on around the same time I was earlier this morning and didn't post in the thread despite the fact that the mod sent PMs to everyone saying that the game had started. I thought it was a good choice for a vote as a result....

PLus he is still scum for my earlier reasons.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:38 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

Trip: and the fact that I can't read you. Give us some substance!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:52 am

Post by Incognito »

I haven't been online since last week, camn. If you bothered to look at my history or anything else on this site, you'd know that.

Anyway, I'd like camn to full-claim Today and reveal all the stuff she said she'd reveal. No clue why everyone just kinda seems to have forgotten about her soft-claim from Yesterday.

Pine wrote:I was never 100% on Trip's lynch, and while I will support it if necessary, I feel Incog is the more likely choice.
"More likely choice?" Do you even really think I'm scum?

The no lynch Yesterday was stupid. I don't know what to think of Trip's character claim; I DO know that Trip is acting like scum.

vote: Trip

@Medicated Lain: Trip hasn't been in the hospital all game, so I don't get why you're still using that as a defense for him. When he was out of the hospital his posting still was pretty bad; why haven't you considered that when deciding whether or not to vote for him?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

Incognito wrote:Anyway, I'd like camn to full-claim Today and reveal all the stuff she said she'd reveal. No clue why everyone just kinda seems to have forgotten about her soft-claim from Yesterday.

Snap!
Good point, blame hatred at no lynch. Sounds like a good plan to me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

Incog can be town just for that.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by camn »

I wont claim. Lynch away.

ANd Incog.. why all the anger? What 'else on this site' should I be looking at?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Thor665 »

camn - if you are town there's a good chance I'll hate you for this play. Your goal in not claiming was to draw a NK - you failed to do that vs. scum going for someone who looks pro-town. Maybe you should try to be more pro-town to draw a NK? Are you standing by your 'I'll claim PR at 2 votes but it hurts town to fullclaim" stance?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by camn »

At this point, there would be more damage done by me fullclaiming than by me dying.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by camn »

Incognito wrote:Anyway, I'd like camn to full-claim Today and reveal all the stuff she said she'd reveal.

Also.. despite Incog's implication, I never promised to reveal anything.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Checking in real quick:

TripMyWire wrote:VOTE: Incognito

So everyone is voting me just because of BM's actions and PoE, right?

Not just that. I also thought you were suspicious even back on day 1, because even then I thought you were voting incog for a bad, scummy reason.

But yes, the link to BM is a big part of it.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:52 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Incognito wrote:@Medicated Lain: Trip hasn't been in the hospital all game, so I don't get why you're still using that as a defense for him. When he was out of the hospital his posting still was pretty bad; why haven't you considered that when deciding whether or not to vote for him?

I'm close friends with Medicated Lain outside of the Mafia world and she knows my situation and knows how difficult it's been for me to be involved with the game since the surgery... so I'm sure that's why she's giving me plenty of slack in this game. I didn't want to keep using it as an excuse for the sudden lack of posting... and I didn't want to make any promises about when I'd be back in the game. If I would have known what things would be like I would have asked for a replacement. I underestimated things... but it's all returning to normal now.

I'm fairly confused about the camn slight claim thing. I don't know the game well enough to know which role fits her explanations... my guess is that her role has some kind of mechanic specific to this game...?

I believe Incognito is the best choice for a lynch. The same reasoning as before since he hasn't done anything since, and I'm obviously not going to attribute his 'disappearance' to being scummy.

I don't have any additional time right now, but I'll do my best to post either later tonight or tomorrow morning.
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Haylen »

Perhaps so, Yos, but if I had voted Trip yesterday and hadn't been killed during the night, I would have been attacked for participating in a lynch that I don't believe in. Which could have potentially lost the town 3 townies if Trip isn't scum. No, I didn't want a no lynch, but when I'm feeling so strongly about my case on Bgvoit, I'm not going to change my vote either.

I'm going to believe Incog on the not being online thing as I don't have any reason not to. Interesting that camn is pushing for it so hard though, I don't like that.

More tomorrow, I'm late for work.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:53 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

So people still don't agree about Pine then? I will likely push here again with another post pointing everythign out, but for now...

unvote, vote: camn
I don't see how information can be more harmful than less. Her actions have been scummy throughout the game, and the way she has been handling anything about her role is incredibly suspicious.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by camn »

Scummy how?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

D3 VC #2 - The Don't Be Shy Votecount

[4] TripMyWire - bvoigt, Thor665, Yosarian2, Incognito
[3] Incognito - Pine, TripMyWire, camn
[1] camn - Medicated Lain
[1] Not Voting: Haylen

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch or No Lynch.
Deadline is Friday, August 12th, at 1PM EST.
Please point out any votecount mistakes.

Yosarian2 is V/LA until 7/31.
bvoigt is V/LA until 7/31.

Prodding Pine.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”