bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:32 am

Post by bertrand »

So you want to unvote? You're gonna come off pretty scummy not saving your cop.

This is kinda fun though, I got a hostage. :)
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:41 am

Post by Fuldu »

No, we're going to have to lynch you eventually. Threatening us doesn't exactly make me more inclined to let you live.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:43 am

Post by bertrand »

OK, suit yourself.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:48 am

Post by Fuldu »

Besides which, while threatening to kill the cop is certainly a rational (if, in my opinion, pointless) strategy, actually doing so is against your interests. Your best hope of not being lynched again tomorrow is for the cop to find somebody else for us to lynch. I might prefer to lynch some other scum rather than a largely ineffectual SK. Killing the cop just assures that you'll be relynched tomorrow.
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:35 pm

Post by bertrand »

Fuldu wrote:Besides which, while threatening to kill the cop is certainly a rational (if, in my opinion, pointless) strategy, actually doing so is against your interests. Your best hope of not being lynched again tomorrow is for the cop to find somebody else for us to lynch. I might prefer to lynch some other scum rather than a largely ineffectual SK. Killing the cop just assures that you'll be relynched tomorrow.
Thanks for pointing that out.. now you might be my target.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:50 pm

Post by Aelyn »

You agree among yourselves that it would be better to lynch Bertrand before the end of the arc than no-one at all, and promptly - but politely - ask the Author to draw you a nice gallows for the express purpose of killing people.

He obliges. What a morbid comic this is turning out to be.

Anyway, you quickly knot the noose and slip it around Bertrand's neck. You draw straws to see who pulls the lever - while you all accept you have to kill, none of you really want to do the act. Because of this squeamishness, you all look away as the lever gets pulled...

Swish, flip, k'tunk.

You look at where Bertrand's body hangs. Uh, should hang. Strange, looks like the rope got cut somehow. And Bertrand is standing among you, whistling innocently, apparently hiding a cardboard tube behind his back...

You shrug, and don't question it.

No lynch.
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:54 am

Post by Aelyn »

You all wake, and return to the One Over Zero canvas, fully expecting no deaths – you’re beginning to think that maybe the whole danger is overrated.

One of the first things you see is Diedraphoenix. Man, she has a sexy body.

Wait a second. She IS a sexy body. Well, aside from the large, gaping stab wound in her chest, of course.

Shame. You thought you had a good chance with her… After all,
Jodie
, the sluttish yet somewhat nerdish teen girl from Loserz, is not exactly known for being a prude.

As you try to figure out how this happened, one of you gives out a shout. A man is lying nearby, his cardboard tube by his side. You can’t see who it is though, his head seems to have been blasted off somehow. However, the distinctive Pac-Man T-shirt makes you think it is probably
Gabe
, that lovable psychopath from Penny Arcade.

Shaken by the sudden death toll, you realise just how important it is to root out the evildoers. You speculate how good it is that the unpredictable Gabe is gone, but lament the hotness that was Jodie.

Diedraphoenix, Jodie, Townie Slut, Loserz, is dead.
Bertrand, Gabe, Neutral Prankster, Penny Arcade, is dead.

It is Day Three. With nine alive, it is five to lynch.

Please note I made a slight error in the original morning scene. Above is the corrected version.
Last edited by Aelyn on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:01 am

Post by VitaminR »

Nemesis?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:22 am

Post by Fuldu »

So bertrand killed diedraphoenix (for no good reason other than spite, that I can see; using his one and only kill last night pretty much assured that, even had he survived, he wouldn't be able to contribute much to attaining his win conditions), and was in turn killed by someone else. Since bertrand would have been a probable lynch today, it seems unlikely that scum killed him, which means that we're back to the question of where the kills are.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:34 am

Post by Fuldu »

Pie_is_good wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Bertrand

Tomorrow's the deadline, and I don't see us getting a claim and having time to analyze it in time.
I had suspicions of Pie_is_good from before, and this seems needlessly cavalier, especially when the very next post turned out to be bertrand's claim.

vote: Pie_is_good[/quote]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:35 am

Post by Fuldu »

Bah, bah, bah! Stupid brain!

vote: Pie_is_good
Aelyn
Aelyn
Goon
Aelyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:21 pm

Post by Aelyn »

I made a slight error in processing night choices last night. They have not affected the dead/alive lists, but nonetheless I have amended the night scene and the first post.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

Fuldu wrote:
Pie_is_good wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Bertrand

Tomorrow's the deadline, and I don't see us getting a claim and having time to analyze it in time.
I had suspicions of Pie_is_good from before, and this seems needlessly cavalier, especially when the very next post turned out to be bertrand's claim.

vote: Pie_is_good
[/quote]

I felt it was neccesary to be somewhat cavalier, given that we were under tight deadline, the game was at a crawl, and Bertrand had been somewhat lurky through the game. So yes, it was fairly "cavalier," but not needlessly so. In 20/20 hindsight, he claimed in the next post, but how can you expect me to know that beforehand?

In other news, I did a quick reread, and the only thing that really popped out at me is this:
Thok wrote:Some of us might have major win conditions that require us to avoid being culted?
Are you (Thok) saying that
you
have WCs that avoid being cult'd? If so, why would you not claim that earlier? It seems pretty blatantly protown, and it doesn't neccesarily hurt or help your chances of being culted.

Pie
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:25 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Aelyn wrote:I made a slight error in processing night choices last night. They have not affected the dead/alive lists, but nonetheless I have amended the night scene and the first post.
So that changes what I said about the nature of last night's kills. The front page originally had dierdrephoenix as having been sliced in half with a cardboard-tube katana (i.e. killed by bertrand), but now it has her as having been stabbed (potentially, and I'd say probably,
not
killed by bertrand).
bertrand
bertrand
Goon
bertrand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:25 pm

Post by bertrand »

Oh well, here's to hoping there's a 3 person endgame!
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:56 pm

Post by Thok »

Pie_is_good wrote:Are you (Thok) saying that
you
have WCs that avoid being cult'd? If so, why would you not claim that earlier? It seems pretty blatantly protown, and it doesn't neccesarily hurt or help your chances of being culted.
The obvious conclusion is that I don't have that as my winning condition; I was merely speculating on what were potential winning conditions.

Like Fuldu, I will wait for Nemesis to show up.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:12 am

Post by Nemesis »

Er... Firstly I apologize for finding another innocent. Secondly I'd say we have a vig, scum know we would have just lynched Bertrand today so NKing him would give us a better chance of lynching one of them.

Interesting thing I noticed - I have 2 innocent results and know I am also innocent... This means unless I have investigated the Godfather, I know 1/3 of the people still alive's alignment.

We probably have a 1/2 chance of lynching scum with a random lynch (out of the 6) so I'm hoping we find someone who is scum and that would probably mean (assuming scum only have 1 kill per night and the doc survives) that we would win.

I would prefer to be given a chance to clear someone before they are lynched and I'd also prefer not to give up both my innocents in one day because that would seriously reduce our chances of having a comfortable win.

Anyway you can continue accusing people now. *Watches from sidelines*
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:30 am

Post by TSAGod »

Nemesis wrote:I would prefer to be given a chance to clear someone before they are lynched and I'd also prefer not to give up both my innocents in one day because that would seriously reduce our chances of having a comfortable win.
How does that work? If you die tonight because of a sucky doc, then we know nothing?
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:33 am

Post by VitaminR »

What kind of reasoning is that? You want to him to claim results because our doc might be an incompetent player? I'd like to think our doc has reading skills.

Vote: TSAGod
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:15 am

Post by TSAGod »

VitaminR wrote:What kind of reasoning is that? You want to him to claim results because our doc might be an incompetent player? I'd like to think our doc has reading skills.

1. A doc is no guarantee.

2. I still don't understand how claiming two innocents guarantees the town a loss, even including a three person mafia with godfather, and the two innocents being the gf and a doctor, quite possible the worst case scenario. I also am unsure how the town has a guaranteed win, as well. We still have to find all the scum.
StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:40 am

Post by StevieT92 »

Nemesis wrote:Er... Firstly I apologize for finding another innocent. Secondly I'd say we have a vig, scum know we would have just lynched Bertrand today so NKing him would give us a better chance of lynching one of them.

Interesting thing I noticed - I have 2 innocent results and know I am also innocent... This means unless I have investigated the Godfather, I know 1/3 of the people still alive's alignment.

We probably have a 1/2 chance of lynching scum with a random lynch (out of the 6) so I'm hoping we find someone who is scum and that would probably mean (assuming scum only have 1 kill per night and the doc survives) that we would win.

I would prefer to be given a chance to clear someone before they are lynched and I'd also prefer not to give up both my innocents in one day because that would seriously reduce our chances of having a comfortable win.

Anyway you can continue accusing people now. *Watches from sidelines*
We haven't lynched a scum yet, and you're talking about
a confortable win?
. We need all the information we have.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:04 pm

Post by Adele »

I reckon we should bandwagon to see how they react, and if it gets close to lynch and we're bandwagoning an innocent that Nemesis knows of, he steps in before (possibly directly before) that innocent is called upon to claim. To that end,

Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis
Dammit, Nemesis

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:05 am

Post by Nemesis »

2. I still don't understand how claiming two innocents guarantees the town a loss, even including a three person mafia with godfather, and the two innocents being the gf and a doctor, quite possible the worst case scenario. I also am unsure how the town has a guaranteed win, as well. We still have to find all the scum.
It doesn't garantee a loss... But if I know 3 people are innocent today and 4 people tomorrow then the people that I know are innocent will outnumber the people who I don't know and that will increase our chances of winning... On the other hand, if tomorrow we wake up to find one of the people I know are innocent is dead then we will have less chance because the known innocents wouldn't outnumber the unknown for a while.
How does that work? If you die tonight because of a sucky doc, then we know nothing?
I don't want to tell the scum who to kill...
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414662#414662]Damnit, Nemesis.[/url]
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:21 am

Post by Thok »

Given that I've voted him the last two days and my reasons for voting him haven't gone away, I see know reason not to
vote TSAGod
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:28 am

Post by VitaminR »

TSAGod wrote: 1. A doc is no guarantee.

I think a doc is enough of a guarantee not to pressure Nemesis into giving results at this point. I also don't like your second point. Nemesis never said claiming two innocents guarantees the town a loss. I have no idea why you phrased it that way. He never said we didn't have to find scum and he never said the town would be guaranteed a win.

Pretty satisfied with my vote for the moment.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”