Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:19 am

Post by Green Crayons »

BabyJesus wrote:so you are a cop and "forgot" your one and only view....
So I overextended myself and was currently involved in four games alongside my extremely large work load. :roll:
Poirot wrote:GC-here's my big question. How did you know I was a cop before I knew?
Because that's what the mod told me.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
halo freak
halo freak
Goon
halo freak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:37 am

Post by halo freak »

MatJoeman has been prodded already and hasn't picked that up. Maybe modkill time.
Become a replacement for Italian Mafia [b][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2479&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0&sid=adecd9ea5f99eb6ee344bd18c4bf4de0]HERE[/url][/b]

*smacks Cadmium with stick for fun*
- Phoebus
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:07 am

Post by Shamrock »

Try and find a replacement first...
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
Matjoeman
Matjoeman
Townie
Matjoeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:15 pm

Post by Matjoeman »

Whoa whoa, sorry I had an unexpected school project.

Anyway, I am the backup doc. GC was telling the truth. I was informed of this day 2. I protected Adele night 2, and Warpdragon night 3.

Vote: Shamrock
Poirot
Poirot
Townie
Poirot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:51 pm

Post by Poirot »

...wow...
Thank you mjm. That clears up a lot.
Unvote, Vote Shamrock
"I did not decieve you, mon ami. At most, I permitted you to decieve yourself."
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:08 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Poirot wrote:...wow...
Thank you mjm. That clears up a lot.
Unvote, Vote Shamrock
:roll:

are you kidding? Did you expect otherwise? Seems obvious, if GC is scum he would have been a scum investigator.

I'd still rather lynch GC today. If he comes up clean, then we can lynch Shamrock tomorrow.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:11 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Green Crayons wrote:
BabyJesus wrote:so you are a cop and "forgot" your one and only view....
So I overextended myself and was currently involved in four games alongside my extremely large work load. :roll: .
I can't possibly imagine being in game as a cop, where you are viewing everything in light of your investigations, and FORGETTING who you know to be innocent... Maybe if you had said you thought he might be GF, sure. But simply forgetting who you viewed while you ere reading the game thread. please.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:14 am

Post by Shamrock »

Yup, he must be a scum rolecop. Because I DID get a "has a gun" investigation on him - I'm looking at it now - and so he IS lying about his role.

At the very least, if I get lynched and turn up as Gunsmith, lynch GC.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:19 am

Post by Shamrock »

Bump since this fell beneath MeMe's post sorting spam.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:21 am

Post by BabyJesus »

can we please lynch GC? tia
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:53 am

Post by Shamrock »

Here's the possibilities I'm seeing, in order of likelihood:

1. GC is a scum rolecop.
2. GC is scum that made a really lucky guess.
3. GC is town and his role has a gun for some freakish reason.
4. I'm some kind of random gunsmith.
5. The mod gave me the wrong result.

I'm guessing #1 for now, the others seem ridiculous. Let's just lynch GC and we'll find out.
Poirot
Poirot
Townie
Poirot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:07 pm

Post by Poirot »

Okay, okay...
Shamrock, if you're wrong, you're the next to go.
Unvote, Vote GreenCrayons
"I did not decieve you, mon ami. At most, I permitted you to decieve yourself."
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:34 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Shamrock wrote:Here's the possibilities I'm seeing, in order of likelihood:
I like how all of your possibilities make one major assumption: That you're innocent. There's the flaw to your entire list, that you're some how cleared to the town. You're not. In fact, I'm saying you're a scumbag.

Warp made a comment a while ago about it being strange about me putting forth mat's role at this point in the game. I did it because i knew that my play style this game has been iffy at best, and I would need to provide the town with some confirmation as to what my role ability is. The fact that mat has spoken up and confirmed my ability
should
speak in my defense.

Instead, there has been the accusation that I'm a mafia cop that has been laid out on the table. Do you realize how pointless a mafia cop is in general, much less in a game this small? Offsetting an apparently powerful town with a nearly pointless mafia role does not a balanced game make. Speedy's role would help balance the game if there was a name investigator on the town's side, not the mafia's.

Instead, your claimed role, if true, leaves us with a setup of: 2 docs, 2 cops, 2 masons, 1 town power-vote role, 1 role designed to mess up the mafia's single benefit, 3 mafia - one of which is an investigator, and one other (warp). I don't see balance in the setup you apparently are advocating.

I'm also surprised that nobody else has made any comment about Shamrock's incessant push for a lynch. And not just with these final posts, but from the very beginning of the day - even before everyone had shown up, namely the player who would help out my case, mat. Which leads me to believe that this game
isn't
as imbalanced as it appears on the surface, as Shamrock wants us to believe. Instead, Shamrock's a scum who has been trying to push a quick lynch for one reason or another - which is why I'm not all gun-ho about lynching me to proove Shamrock's scumminess. He probably has something up his sleeve to help balance out the game. Which is why I want him dead before myself.

BabyJesus wrote:I can't possibly imagine being in game as a cop, where you are viewing everything in light of your investigations, and FORGETTING who you know to be innocent... Maybe if you had said you thought he might be GF, sure. But simply forgetting who you viewed while you ere reading the game thread. please.
Uh, hate to break it to you, but mafia doesn't occupy my mind until usually i get a small window of free time between school and work. I don't mull things over in the meanwhile, I don't contemplate the games I'm in - in fact, i forget they exist for the most part. When I come back to the game, especially when I'm in more than one, I don't remember which roles I have, what night actions I've done, and sometimes mix up player names in games. But that's fine, because I come to the game and reread it each time as if I'm a simple townie, which is a great strategy regardless of role, alignment, etc. - which is what I did during this game, and which is why I was suspicious of Poirot regardless of my night investigation. He was acting suspicious, therefore, I voiced an opinion of my suspicions.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:37 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Green Crayons wrote:
SpeedyKQ wrote:I am a tabloid reporter. Each night, I must invent a contrived, wacky role for another player. I expect there is some sort of non-sane coplike role who is intended to be mislead by my inventions. I want to tell you beforehand exactly what I am doing, so if anybody comes accross these roles, you will know they are fake.
So, it sounds like your role could actually work against the town, as if there are any cops out there that get role-names, you would make their investigations worthless. I'm not saying that you're pro-mafia (though tabloid reporters
are
evil...), just that your role could possibly be detrimental to the town. However, it doesn't make sense to have a town role be harmful only to the town.
Therefore, simple deduction means that there's probably a mafia investigator or somesuch that gets role names
So, GC, your claim is that you get role names......
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:14 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

You're taking a quote out've the context of the timeframe of which it was made. That was said near the beginning of the game. As in, prior to knowing more than half of the roles of the game. It had crossed my mind, at the time, that it was within the realm of possibility that there was a mafia investigator as well as myself whom the tabloid reporter could have "screwed" up investigations.

However, now, being more enlightened as to the setup, a mafia investigator does not balance the game we're apparently in, and I'm obviously not backing up what i said before, because - i know this apparently may come to as a shock - guesses made early on in a game may be mistakes and later can, and should, be corrected and modified, as I have done.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:14 am

Post by Shamrock »

Green Crayons wrote:
Shamrock wrote:Here's the possibilities I'm seeing, in order of likelihood:
I like how all of your possibilities make one major assumption: That you're innocent. There's the flaw to your entire list, that you're some how cleared to the town. You're not. In fact, I'm saying you're a scumbag.
I'm saying I'm innocent because I KNOW I'm innocent. Why bother including scenarios that I know are false?
Green Crayons wrote:I'm also surprised that nobody else has made any comment about Shamrock's incessant push for a lynch. And not just with these final posts, but from the very beginning of the day - even before everyone had shown up, namely the player who would help out my case, mat. Which leads me to believe that this game
isn't
as imbalanced as it appears on the surface, as Shamrock wants us to believe. Instead, Shamrock's a scum who has been trying to push a quick lynch for one reason or another - which is why I'm not all gun-ho about lynching me to proove Shamrock's scumminess. He probably has something up his sleeve to help balance out the game. Which is why I want him before myself.
I'm not usually this agressive, but I'm pushing for your lynch because
I know you're lying scum
and I see no point in keeping you alive.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:33 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Green Crayons wrote:You're taking a quote out've the context of the timeframe of which it was made. That was said near the beginning of the game. As in, prior to knowing more than half of the roles of the game. It had crossed my mind, at the time, that it was within the realm of possibility that there was a mafia investigator as well as myself whom the tabloid reporter could have "screwed" up investigations.

However, now, being more enlightened as to the setup, a mafia investigator does not balance the game we're apparently in, and I'm obviously not backing up what i said before, because - i know this apparently may come to as a shock - guesses made early on in a game may be mistakes and later can, and should, be corrected and modified, as I have done.
Or, you KNEW there was a mafia rolename investigator because YOU WERE ONE....
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:38 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Shamrock wrote:I'm saying I'm innocent because I KNOW I'm innocent. Why bother including scenarios that I know are false?
And I'm saying I'm innocent because I know my own innocence as well. The whole point of providing scenarios that take every possibility into account is that it provides the town, who is not convinced one-hundred percent of either of our's innocence, is that it allows them to take a balanced view on the situation. You're providing a biased opinion that chooses to ignore a very important point - that you're scum. By ignoring it, you've totally circumvented even addressing this point outside of repeating "I'm innocent," which has no credible evidence in support it.
Shamrock wrote:I'm not usually this agressive, but I'm pushing for your lynch because I know you're lying scum and I see no point in keeping you alive.
Ah, well, here we go, i'll take a line from you: But I know I'm innocent. And it's true. Therefore, the logical thing to do is to allow the town the opportunity to make an informed decision when two people are simply pointing fingers at one another. You want to totally circumvent this rationale and have the town blindly follow you.
BabyJesus wrote:Or, you KNEW there was a mafia rolename investigator because YOU WERE ONE....
Then again, I'm not an idiot. And if me mentioning a possibility of a role equates to me having that role, I enjoy how you ignore the fact that the first part of my quotation mentions a role-cop - you, of course, have to, because the logic that you're professing (I mentioned there might be a role, so i
must
be that role!) doesn't have a way of dealing with the mention of two roles by the same person, and how can a person have two role alignments at once?

Basically, it comes down to this: I'm claiming rolename cop. Shamrock is claiming gun-cop. I have a bit of backup in terms of my claim - mat's affirmation of his role name. Shamrock only has heresay about his own innocence. My role at least adds some sort of sembalance of balance to the game. Shamrock's only piles more weight onto the town's side, making it an absurd imbalance. I have been wanting the whole town here to think and discuss prior to voting. Shamrock has been wanting a quick lynch.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:03 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Green Crayons wrote:
Basically, it comes down to this: I'm claiming rolename cop. Shamrock is claiming gun-cop. I have a bit of backup in terms of my claim - mat's affirmation of his role name. Shamrock only has heresay about his own innocence. My role at least adds some sort of sembalance of balance to the game. Shamrock's only piles more weight onto the town's side, making it an absurd imbalance. I have been wanting the whole town here to think and discuss prior to voting. Shamrock has been wanting a quick lynch.
Oh, I believe you are a rolename cop....the question is whose side are you on? I'd be more apt to believe you if you weren't caught fos'ing and casting suspicion on someone you claim you knew was innocent. And yes, I heard your excuse that you were busy and forgot both your role and you only investigation result. That's a crappy excuse, and you know it.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:03 am

Post by BabyJesus »

unvote
for now.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:06 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Don't cops show up as having guns?
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:16 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Older vote tally the day we ran up like 4-5 people up. (day 2 I think)
halo freak wrote:
Vote Count

1 Falcone (armlx)
4 Green Crayons (
Dodgy
Falcone
, Baby J)
1 Armlx (green crayons)
hmm....both the known scum on GC here. Seems unlikley they'd be throwing their scum buddy under the bus here, the only other person there is me.

Now I'm not so sure GC is the play today.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:40 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Why didn't Poirot die last night??
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:40 am

Post by BabyJesus »

warpdragon wrote:Note before Dodgy responds: I have a way to confirm my role, so at least let me claim if he lies and says that I am scum and you decide to believe him.
I'd like to hear Warp's role, and how he can prove it...
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:29 am

Post by Shamrock »

But GC isn't a cop, he's a "notary republic". There isn't really any reason he'd have a gun.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”