elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:42 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Personally, I don't think we should limit the rooms before we know how the rooms figure into night-kills (except I think avoiding the secret passage rooms IS a good idea). I think there is too much possibility that town planning could end up helping scum while we have no idea what we are planning for. Maybe we can coordinate rooms tomorrow after we have a little more info about how night-kills go down. (For instance if two people die in one room but nowhere else we'll be pretty sure that the mafia have to pick a room and then everyone in that room dies.)

But I do think that avoiding the secret passage rooms is a good idea for now. I could see some sort of double-your-kills scenario resulting if mafia pick those rooms.

Unless I am missing some way that coordinating rooms could be helpful. I like the idea (Flay's I think) of trapping mafia by having everyone's choices recorded -- but I'm not sure how that would work to trap them. Until we know we aren't helping mafia, I don't think it's a good idea to record choices.

I just had a thought. Is it possible that mafia can only go into certain rooms to kill based on a dice roll (like the game) or a number of posts or something? Or am I being too literal about this being a boardgame?
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:50 am

Post by bigAl »

If we avoid the secret passage rooms, that pretty much limits the number of rooms to choose from to four.

Mod
, when we lynch people, do we get to choose what room to do it in? And does that room become out of bounds as well or is it only for night kills?
Come play Metroplexity! Come play Unangband!
Orbiting
Orbiting
Goon
Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:21 am

Post by Orbiting »

BigAl, and those others wondering:

For purposes of gameplay, I am assuming that if a night kill occurs, that the next day you will all gather in that room to look for clues/argue/scream/point fingers, and most importantly, vote and lynch.
If no nightkill occurs, day will happen wherever the last body was found.

You will, therefore, not lose any room availability due to lynchings.

The rules text may not be clear on this, and I will amend to clarify.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:20 am

Post by Fuldu »

My only concern about avoiding the secret passage rooms is that we'll quickly eliminate the non-secret passage rooms as available locations and force people into the arguably more dangerous secret passage rooms in the endgame.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:01 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Since we've all got free choice to pick any non-murdiferous room (yes, I just made that word up), I'm not sure what benefit the Secret Passages would have. However I'm willing to skip them tonight for the sake of argument.

Fuldu does have a point, though, that the corner rooms may have some benefit/danger that we may want to discover before we get to the endgame. I'd be willing to visit one of those this evening, with some of my (former?) accusers, in the interest of experimentation. If I die, that'll obviously prove my innocence, and the rest of you can derive information from that, including who took me up on it. If I live, I can provide quite a bit of information about that room, enough to clear me, I believe.
Retired as of October 2014.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Hmmm. Didn't realize we are limited to four rooms if we skip the secret passage rooms. That's probably not a good plan anymore...

I'd be willing to go to a room with you tonight Flay :wink:
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:15 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

bigAl wrote:That would leave the library, the hall, the billiard room and the dining room. So if we picked from only those, most of the rooms would have at least two people in them. Sounds like a good idea for now at least. Though someone will probably not pick from those four just to be different.

Incidentally, I noticed that there were only six people in Clue, excluding Mr. Boddy. With ten of us, there must be a few roles not from the game; (eg. I am hearing to references to a butler that everyone but me gets.) Though too much speculation about the rolls is probably bad.
Wrong =P

There were versions of clue with 10 players and more rooms (rooms like carriage hall and gazebo)

Some of thse people were Sgt. Gray... uh... can't remember the others. But I think the time I saw it was in a computer game.

Though its possible characters from the movie are in here. Motorist, Maid, Cook... dunno.
Show
SIG TIME.

Okay, it's not BABOOM. It's not BAMBOOM.
It's Bamboomancer: like necromancer, but with bamboo instead of necro.

So to recap:
I am not a Baboom. I am some sort of bamboo magic man.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:59 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm not sure what speculation on roles will do, exactly, since in the game/movie anybody COULD have been the killer (scum).
TSAGod
TSAGod
Goon
TSAGod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:21 pm

Post by TSAGod »

Here's a list of players with twelve players...
  • [*]Col. Mustard
    [*]Miss Scarlet
    [*]Prof. Plum
    [*]Mrs. Peacock
    [*]Mr. Lyman Green
    [*]Mrs. White
    [*]Monsieur Brunette
    [*]Madam Rose
    [*]Sgt. Gray
    [*]Miss Melba Peach
  • Didit
  • Inspector Pry
It's from a VCR game, and it gives an obvious doc and butler...though I'm not sure if this is right...
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:34 am

Post by kops »

this game is starting to slow down... but anyway
i would agree with Flay's plan b/c it sounds like it could work save for one hitch... how are you going to coordinate which room you visit w/ whoever you are visiting it with without the mafia finding out, following you, and messing up the whole thing... possibly even killing both of you, since were still not sure how they kill. unless you have some way of communicating that the rest of us dont know about, i just dont see it working...
although... then again, i just thought why dont you just go by yourself? then you can give us the information without as big of a risk of you dieing since nobody will know what room you choose, im not sure how much benefit there is to taking someone with you
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:44 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Oh, it's entirely possible I'll die tonight. I'm not sure I make a good target for the mafia though, because of the bandwagon on me today, and I was extending the offer to my accusers because I think I can alleviate their concerns.

elvis will be sufficient, we don't have to assign everyone a room. I choose the Conservatory, by the way, elvis. Unless you would feel more comfortable picking the room.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:47 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I should clarify that, without trying to Outguess the Mod, I can say with some degree of confidence that she's not likely to give the scum the ability to mass-kill an entire room. In a game this small that would throw the entire balance into disarray, and especially in the endgame when we start getting narrowed on the number of rooms we can choose. I believe her sense of balance is better than that, though I may be wrong in that. :roll:
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:32 am

Post by elvis_knits »

It's a date, Flay. Barring that neither of us are lynched today. I'm willing to look elsewhere for scum to see how this plays out if we both go to the same room (not sure if that's a good idea, but I'm curious).

Also, I am wondering if anyone else will choose the conservatory without telling us. I don't know what the impact will be without knowing how this "room aspect" figures into the night kills. Maybe we should ask that no townies come to the conservatory without telling us. That way we will at least know that if there is anyone else in the room they have to be scum. How does that sound?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:09 am

Post by bigAl »

Sounds good. I'll pick one of the four rooms that are not in the corners I think. It would perhaps give the scum some advantage if too many people reveal where they are staying though.

Now we need to decide who to lynch today....
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:47 pm

Post by Tamuz »

My sentiments exactly Bigal, which reminds me... why hasn't BJ been his normal self... not that that is a scum tell or anything, but he certainly isn't pushing a bandwagon to get us to D2.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
kops
kops
Goon
kops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:07 pm

Post by kops »

eh? what do you call this?
BabyJesus wrote:let's just finish off flay....
id say thats pretty bandwagon pushingish...
honestly though guys.. can we please pick up the conversation a bit... this is really starting to drag a bit.. BJ is the biggest offender, not having posted in 3 days, im gonna pressure vote him soon if he doesnt post, MeMe also needs to post soon..
i think the main issue right now is who to lynch... we dont have much to go on right now but i think we can mostly agree to let Flay and elvis do their stuff tonight, so i think theyre both lynch-immune today for the most part
honestly, im not too full of ideas right now.. nobody stands out in my mind though atm, anybody else have any ideas?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:35 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Unvote: elvis_knits, Revote: BabyJesus
- elvis and I can "talk" tonight. Bj doesn't talk at night, he kills.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:57 pm

Post by Tamuz »

pshh kops, thats once. BJ when he is being BJ is slightly more vocal.

So, despite her scummy vote I will unvot MeMe and vote BJ. And rephrase an earlier statement.
Elvis, we will trade BJ today for Flay tonight, Thanks godmami.

unvote: MeMe vote: BabyJesus
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:15 am

Post by MeMe »

Mr. Flay wrote:elvis and I can "talk" tonight. Bj doesn't talk at night, he kills.
I don't get this. What do you mean that you and elvis can "talk" tonight? You're obviously not masons or you'd not suspect one another. And scum are people who
do
talk at night, so if BJ doesn't do that...well...

And Tamuz -- you seem to be working hard to curry favor (with Mr. Flay?) while keeping me labeled "scummy."
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I still feel like voting BJ is a cop out. He's playing the way he always plays, and I don't think that lynching him D1 is really that controversial. (Isn't there a joke about he always gets lynched D1, even when he's a mason?) BJ might be scum and he might not, but his play thus far hasn't given anything away to me.

I am thinking about changing my vote to either kops, Tamuz, or bigAl. I already said why I am suspicios of kops. I don't like how Tamuz just followed Flay's vote like a lemming, and I am suspicious of bigAl because last time I saw him as scum he was really noncommital about who he thought was scum until he dropped the hammer on unsuspecting townies. I am getting the same vibe from him now. But I'll go back and pull some quotes before I decide.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:12 am

Post by elvis_knits »

MeMe wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:elvis and I can "talk" tonight. Bj doesn't talk at night, he kills.
I don't get this. What do you mean that you and elvis can "talk" tonight? You're obviously not masons or you'd not suspect one another. And scum are people who
do
I am assuming that "talk" is a joke. But it makes me a bit uneasy too. Flay seems to think something will be proven if we pick the same room... but I don't know what that will be, and I don't know how he thinks he knows what that will be.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:23 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

MeMe wrote:
do
That's an inane analysis of what I said. If I was scum, would I announce it? If we (elvis and I) were masons, would we announce it D1? Obviously "talk" (quotes mine) was an analogy for the fact that I feel I can prove my role/innocence by being in the room with at least one other person tonight.
elvis_knits wrote:I am assuming that "talk" is a joke. But it makes me a bit uneasy too. Flay seems to think something will be proven if we pick the same room... but I don't know what that will be, and I don't know how he thinks he knows what that will be.
More than one person in the room is fine, but I feel like if I explain what my role does, it'll increase the chances that I'll either be nightkilled or otherwise thwarted/set-up by the scum.I will neither confirm nor deny that we will be able to talk (as in PMs) tonight.

Tamuz - seriously, what's up? You're following me around the game voting for my people, and what's the "Flay Gaurentee" supposed to be?
bigAl
bigAl
Goon
bigAl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:04 pm

Post by bigAl »

unvote TSAGod
vote Tamuz

Tamuz's posts are odd and not really making much sense to me. I thought that I had pointed it out before, but I guess not. Not sure if he's scum, but I am getting a strange feeling.
elvis_knits wrote:I am suspicious of bigAl because last time I saw him as scum he was really noncommital about who he thought was scum until he dropped the hammer on unsuspecting townies.
(shrug) It's only page three and I hadn't too much to make me decide one way or another. I'm still pretty new and learning about the game (eg. not to be noncommital about who I thought was scum until dropping the hammer on unsuspecting townies :wink:).
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:59 pm

Post by Tamuz »

MMM hmm, I have voted for 2 people this game, because I believe both are scum or unhelpful.
BJ is NOT playing the way he usually does. I'm pretty sure he is scum. And note I did vote him first. My vote on MeMe has done nothing to help the game move along so I'm going to go with plan B, which would be BJ. I'm not really getting a strong read on others in this game so I'm going with one of those two. I'm really impartial with whoever it is, but BJ will do as a day one lynch. Again, he isn't being normal. He isn't just being Not helpful, he is simply NOT HERE.

Flay, I'm tending towards the thought process that you are innocent, and some insinuations I am catching are leading me to think that there is information about BJ that is known that he wouldn't want us to know. (not from BJ, again... he doesn't say things) So either I'm picking up false insinuations and shaping them into my Kill BJ thought process which is occuring in 2 other games right now because of his inane tactics which are (again) not helpful. Or they are correct guesses, or I'm picking up falsities.
Any way you look at it I will still hold my vote to BJ, he should be held to the same standards as the rest of us-- Post and be Pro-Town, or die!

Then again, a reread shows TSA is also a good candidate to bring out of the shadows.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:07 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

TSAGod wrote:Here's a list of players with twelve players...
  • [*]Col. Mustard
    [*]Miss Scarlet
    [*]Prof. Plum
    [*]Mrs. Peacock
    [*]Mr. Lyman Green
    [*]Mrs. White
    [*]Monsieur Brunette
    [*]Madam Rose
    [*]Sgt. Gray
    [*]Miss Melba Peach
  • Didit
  • Inspector Pry
It's from a VCR game, and it gives an obvious doc and butler...though I'm not sure if this is right...
:thumbup:

my role is on the list....
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”