A Gentleman's Game of Guile, Subterfuge, and Intrigue (Fin)

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:47 am

Post by Wraith »

Votecount Final

Feysal
(3)
:
Sir Hoppster, imaginality, AurorusVox PhD.

Not Voting
(1)
:
Feysal

It appears, good friends, that this is the moment of truth. This shall be our final execution, for better or for worse. Should Sir Feysal be a gentleman of proper caliber, this gathering, and the Lodge, shall be finished, destroyed by those improper and unjust villains. However, should Feysal be a rapscallion, a manipulator of intrigue and ungentlemanly conduct, dare I say, we shall be able to return home, our hearts filled with feelings of fortune and satisfaction in having eliminated those vile rogues that plague our houses. And so, Sir
Feysal
, we bid thee farewell!

Feysal
Cunning Villain Determined to Undermine and Dismantle this Assembly of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Lynched Day Five

Sir Hoppster,
Most Proper but Unspectacular Man of Class
Survived!

AurorusVox, PhD.,
Most Proper but Unspectacular Man of Class
Survived!

imaginality,
Friendly Member of High Society Possessing an Indubitable Reputation
Survived!
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Wraith »

An Anomoly of Time, Space, and Nature That Could Be Accurately Described as the Afterlife, known in the vernacular as the "Graveyard QT"

Scumteam can release their QT if they want to.

Night Actions

Night ONE

Feysal (Mafia Goon) shoots StrangerCoug (Bodyguard)
inHimshallibe (SK) shoots TheLonging (VT)
StrangerCoug (Bodyguard) protects Sir Hoppster (VT)
lord_hur (Flavor Cop) investigates vezokpiraka (VT)

Night TWO

imaginality (Friendly Neighbor) waves at jilynne1991 (Mafia Roleblocker)
Feysal (Mafia Goon) shoots lord_hur (Flavor Cop)
jilynne1991 (Mafia Roleblocker) roleblocks inHimshallibe (SK)
lord_hur (Flavor Cop) investigates inHimshallibe (SK) FAILS
inHimshallibe (SK) shoots ToastyToast (VT) FAILS

Night THREE

inHimshallibe (SK) shoots AurorusVox, PhD. (VT) FAILS
jilynne1991 (Mafia Roleblocker) roleblocks inHimshallibe (SK)
Feysal (Mafia Goon) shoots inHimshallibe (SK)

Night FOUR

Feysal (Mafia Goon) shoots vezokpiraka (VT)

I'll put up detailed mod comments later, maybe when I get home from vacation. Congrats, Town!
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Magua »

This was an incredibly fun game to read along with.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:57 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Yes we won. Another good job form town vezo.

Neailed the scum team.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:13 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Bah! Good game, my fair gentlemen. I say, good game!
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:20 am

Post by AurorusVox »

inHim you tried to shoot me QQ

Whew, after TWO town tunnelling long and hard on other townies, we managed something quite neat by the end.
Pretty pleased with catching a whiff of Jily scum and Toasty town on D3, and pleased that I didn't WIFOM myself out of hammering scum.

Proud to have gut rumblings over Feysal too :cool:
Though my natural state of paranoia almost screwed me >_>"
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:21 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Also! Inhim, did you claim the wrong target N1 because you wanted scum to know you were the SK and would be useful to keep around?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:46 am

Post by ToastyToast »

yayyy gj guys. Really happy with my "TT or inHim," "Jil or Hoppster," "Feysal or AV" post, even if I came to the wrong conclusion.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Hoppster »

My play was awful this game.

Having said that, Twistedspoon, WHAT THE HELL WERE
YOU
SMOKING?

Hoppster wrote:HOW CAN YOU BE TOWN

HOW

THERE'S
NO WAY
YOU CAN BE TOWN, IT DEFIES ALL LOGIC I HOLD DEAR

YOU HAVE LITERALLY MADE
NO
CASE ON ME, AND IF YOU WERE TOWN WHO ACTUALLY THOUGHT I WAS SCUM, YOU WOULD BE MAKING A CASE ON ME

WHY

WHY HAVE YOU MADE NO CASE ON ME

JUST WHY
Twistedspoon wrote:because I thought it was obvious

or it will be after the lock

asdfjskgsd

????????????

???????????????

????????????????????

Twistedspoon wrote:I am vanilla townie
Twistedspoon wrote:I'm actually a miller

asdfjskgsd

????????????

???????????????

????????????????????
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:06 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

AurorusVox wrote:Also! Inhim, did you claim the wrong target N1 because you wanted scum to know you were the SK and would be useful to keep around?

I wanted to see some reactions and try to clamp down on the scum. I knew claiming what I did was a veritable death sentence unless they just weren't paying attention, and unless I had some unbeknownst protection. I also knew that I probably couldn't own up to the TL kill and not the N2 kill.

I had it figured that if I got scum lynched three days in a row without dying I would win, was doing what I could towards that end.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by imaginality »

Nice!

Well played AurorusVox in particular, you being so obvtown helped a lot in lylo. I was second-guessing myself over Hoppster for a while but when I stepped back and thought about it, there was a sort of jumpy uncertainness to his later game which smelled of town.

I'm pretty happy with how I played in this game (from D3 onwards, once I was no longer being deliberately useless).

I think for one of her first games onsite, jilynne1991 played okay as scum. The only obvious slip was the two-scum comment. Feysal didn't do anything much wrong either, there was just slightly more to tie him to jilynne1991 than there was for Hoppster.

@Feysal: did you kill vezokpiraka last night because you weren't sure if he was a PR, or because you thought he'd be harder to mislead/get mislynched?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Yay!
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Feysal »

I resent the notion that a villain could not be a gentleman.

Pride comes before the fall.

imaginality [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3265458#p3265458]#1135[/url] wrote:@Feysal: did you kill vezokpiraka last night because you weren't sure if he was a PR, or because you thought he'd be harder to mislead/get mislynched?

I never even considered whether he could have a power role. He was the closest this game had to a confirmed townie, and that was that. Also, I was hoping his comment of me and Jilynne being unlikely mafia together would generate some WIFOM.

Finally, an important question of my own: what's up with the party hats all over the forums?
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

DEFCON mafia <3

When people got nuked, they started partying.
They then spread like wildfire.

We're all out to get you :twisted:
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:04 pm

Post by Katsuki »

COOL KIDS ONLY PARTY
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:53 am

Post by imaginality »

Forgot to say: thanks for modding this, Wraith. I really enjoyed the formal flavour. It slowed the game down at first but it was great fun overall, and the mod scenes (and modding in general) were nicely done.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:07 am

Post by Hoppster »

imaginality wrote:Forgot to say: thanks for modding this, Wraith. I really enjoyed the formal flavour. It slowed the game down at first but it was great fun overall, and the mod scenes (and modding in general) were nicely done.

+1
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:54 am

Post by AurorusVox »

imaginality wrote:Forgot to say: thanks for modding this, Wraith. I really enjoyed the formal flavour. It slowed the game down at first but it was great fun overall, and the mod scenes (and modding in general) were nicely done.

Indeed. I felt the need to loosen my tongue at certain points but when I felt able to maintain the Queen's language, it was most invigorating!
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:18 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

By the way, Feysal, why did you kill me?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by Feysal »

We were power role hunting that night. You and TheLonging appeared to be laying low, so we killed you and blocked him. We were most surprised to see you both dead by morning.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Wraith »

Comments

-Lurking killed the scumteam. If Feysal had not lurked so hard, I think he could have had a good chance of mislynching Hoppster.
-This game was really swingy around mid-game. I thought the scumteam would win for a while, and that I had underpowered the town (Bodyguard had no effect, Doc might have been better, but I didn't want to have yet another Cop/Doc combo). However the two confirmed townies (1 by role, 1 by cop) really pulled through for the town in the end
-inHim just got really unlucky that the Mafia RB stumbled across him by chance, otherwise he might have had a fair chance at victory
-I'm somewhat annoyed at the snail-pace, lurking, and general lack of activity. I myself am also guilty of this considering how I somewhat neglected this game after my Large Normal opened
-jilynne was really horribly obvious scum by the end of D3, and the ToastyToast lynch was really bad and obviously scum-motivated. If they hadn't lynch jilynne D4 I would have facedesk'd.

That's about all from me. I'm glad players (and the odd spectator) enjoyed it. While I could have done better in the lynch/death scene department flavor-wise, I'm personally proud of the job I did with the role PMs. Here they are, by the way, minus win conditions which I had to ad-lib when I sent them out:

Vanilla Townie

Greetings, my good sir! You are a Most Proper but Unspectacular Man of Class, and you are hereby extended invitation to this Exclusive Lodge for Extraordinary Gentlemen. Persistent vigilance is required, for a gentleman must always be prepared to undergo trials of body and mind in his quest to rid his company of rapscallions and rogues. Unfortunately, you are of insufficient rank and status within our organization to be permitted the privilege of importing a dangerous weapon of gunpowder or steel, and as such you only possess the ability to voice your personal albeit venerated opinions and cast a pronouncement of condemnation upon the suspects among your peers.

Miller

Greetings, my good sir! You are a Gentleman of Prim and Proper Class but Possessing a Dubious Reputation Due to Unfortunate Scandal. Persistent vigilance is required, for a gentleman must always be prepared to undergo trials of body and mind in his quest to rid his company of rapscallions and rogues. Unfortunately, you are of insufficient rank and status within our organization to be permitted the privilege of importing a dangerous weapon of gunpowder or steel, and as such you only possess the ability to voice your personal albeit venerated opinions and cast a pronouncement of condemnation upon the suspects among your peers. Nevertheless, despite strict instructions to the contrary, you have smuggled small but nevertheless deadly dagger - an heirloom of your family - into the gathering, and should it be found, it would certainly cast your affiliation in a most improper light.

Bodyguard

Greetings, my good sir! You are an Altruistic and Honorable Gentlemen Steadfast in Courage and Resolve, and you are hereby extended invitation to this Exclusive Lodge for Extraordinary Gentlemen. Persistent vigilance is required, for a proper gentleman must always be prepared to undergo trials of body and mind in his quest to rid his company of rapscallions and rogues. Your mind is hardened against all fears, be it of death or pain, and therefore you have resolved to protect your fellow goodly gentlemen who are endangered by dastardly villains. Alas, should your friend be targeted for murder during that very night, you shall perish in his stead. In addition, you also retain the ability to voice your personal albeit venerated opinions and cast a pronouncement of condemnation upon the suspects among your peers.

Friendly Neighbor

Greetings, my good sir! You are a Friendly Member of High Society Possessing an Indubitable Reputation, and you are hereby extended invitation to this Exclusive Lodge for Extraordinary Gentlemen. Persistent vigilance is required, for a proper gentleman must always be prepared to undergo trials of body and mind in his quest to rid his company of rapscallions and rogues. Throughout your many years as a prominent socialite, you have amassed a considerable reputation for gregariousness and civility. Therefore, once during this exclusive and high-class gathering you may intimately socialize with any gentleman of your choosing, therefore confirming upon that gentleman your status and disposition. In addition, you also retain the ability to voice your personal albeit venerated opinions and cast a pronouncement of condemnation upon the suspects among your peers.

Flavor Cop

Greetings, my good sir! You are a Gentlemen Skilled in the Application of the Scientific Investigative Method Additionally Enthralled by the Writings of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Persistent vigilance is required, for a gentleman must always be prepared to undergo trials of body and mind in his quest to rid his company of rapscallions and rogues. During the day, you only possess the ability to voice your personal albeit venerated opinions and cast a pronouncement of condemnation upon the suspects among your peers. By night, however, you may emulate your literary hero and investigate a target of your choice. You will find an item of that target's possessions, and through your practiced powers of deduction you may conclude as to that gentleman's possible affiliation. You are victorious when every possible villain, rapscallion, and rogue has been executed for their crimes against high society.

Mafia Goon

Greetings, my nefarious knave! You are a Cunning Villain Determined to Undermine and Dismantle this Assembly of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and you are hereby extended invitation to this Exclusive Lodge for Extraordinary Gentlemen. Persistent vigilance is required, for the prim and proper gentlemen of this organization will be determined and driven in their quest to rid themselves of your reprehensible company. By day, you merely have the ability to voice your tainted and corrupt opinions, as well as cast false pronouncements of condemnation upon the patsies and scapegoats of your choosing. By night, however, you and your accomplice in turpitude, _________, may designate a target among the sleeping aristocrats for murder most foul. Victory is achieved when you and your dastardly comrade outnumber the proper gentlemen of the assembly.

Mafia Roleblocker

Greetings, my nefarious knave! You are a Charming and Dashing Rogue Seeking Dishonorable Vengeance Against Proper Society, and you are hereby extended invitation to this Exclusive Lodge for Extraordinary Gentlemen. Persistent vigilance is required, for the prim and proper gentlemen of this organization will be determined and driven in their quest to rid themselves of your reprehensible company. By day, you merely have the ability to voice your tainted and corrupt opinions, as well as cast false pronouncements of condemnation upon the patsies and scapegoats of your choosing. By night, however, you and your accomplice in turpitude, ________, may designate a target among the sleeping aristocrats for murder most foul. In addition, you yourself may personally visit a gentleman and charm him throughout the night, thereby nullifying any nighttime activities available to that gentlemen without his knowledge. Victory is achieved when you are your dastardly comrade outnumber the proper gentlemen of the assembly.

Serial Killer

Greetings, my nefarious knave! You are an Infiltrator and Rapscallion Forgoing Predetermined Conduct and Mannerisms in the Practice of Duels, and you are hereby extended invitation to this Exclusive Lodge for Extraordinary Gentlemen. Persistent vigilance is required, for the prim and proper gentlemen of this organization will be determined and driven in their quest to rid themselves of your reprehensible company. By day, you merely have the ability to voice your tainted and corrupt opinions, as well as cast false pronouncements of condemnation upon the patsies and scapegoats of your choosing, in an attempt to maintain your masquerade. By night, however, you may designate a target among the sleeping aristocrats for murder most foul. Victory is achieved when you alone stand among the fallen corpses of your victims.

CUT CONTENT

Setup originally had a Tracker and no Miller. My reviewer suggested that the Tracker was deceptively powerful, so I modified it to Flavor Cop and added a Miller to compensate.

Tracker

Greetings, my good sir! You are a Gentleman of Experience Regarding the Skills and Techniques Involved in the Hunting of Game, and you are hereby extended invitation to this Exclusive Lodge for Extraordinary Gentlemen. Persistent vigilance is required, for a proper gentleman must always be prepared to undergo trials of body and mind in his quest to rid his company of rapscallions and rogues. Your expeditions and excursions to the wilds of the Dark Continent have endowed you with uncanny instincts and abilities involving the tracking of the clumsy and cunning alike, learned skills which you plan to utilize in your hunt for the villains permeating this affair. In addition, you also retain the ability to voice your personal albeit venerated opinions and cast a pronouncement of condemnation upon the suspects among your peers.

There's actually quite a bit more cut content. When I originally came up with the concept (before I put a setup in stone), I wrote a bunch of sample role PMs for all kinds of roles. I might post them up if you want me to, that'll send me digging into the word documents of my old computer.
Show

ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Any thoughts on how I could've gotten out of that lynch? After inHim's claim, I knew I was fucked. I actually think my lynch turned out well in terms of what happened afterwards. Jilynne and Feysal both being wishy-washy singled them out a bit.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:20 am

Post by Wraith »

Not really, other than you should have really started going after jilynne instead of inHim. Jilynne started to look really scummy that day precisely because she was tunneling you so hard. When you flipped town, she was obvscum because in hindsight her case on you was crap.
Show

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:21 am

Post by AurorusVox »

I wish I'd pushed my Jily case harder on that day, but, the reason TT made sense was because at that point we all expected a 3p scumteam, of which TT had to be a part via PoE :(
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:55 am

Post by lord_hur »

Wraith wrote:Not really, other than you should have really started going after jilynne instead of inHim. Jilynne started to look really scummy that day precisely because she was tunneling you so hard. When you flipped town, she was obvscum because in hindsight her case on you was crap.

Well, it always was crap. It made me wish I didn't bite the dust, so I could back you up on that one, Toastytoast.

Good play from imaginality and Hoppster in the last two days, coupled with errors from both scum (mainly from jilynne1991, who dragged Feysal in the pit), made for a satisfying ending.

Thanks for modding, and playing.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”