jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

While I will say to watch the language I will not be replacing.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:26 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I'd like to suggest to all players that asking for others to be replaced isn't a good idea.

Mods have a hard time finding replacements when people ask for them. It's not very kosher to start removing players for behavior that individuals may not like as long as the don't violate site or game rules.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Junpei »

It was more of a message to Zlinger to straighten up and stop being such a 'dick' than an actual replacement request.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Leonshade »

Junpei wrote:It was more of a message to Zlinger to straighten up and stop being such a 'dick' than an actual replacement request.

You're using requests to the mod to make a point?
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Junpei »

Leonshade wrote:
Junpei wrote:It was more of a message to Zlinger to straighten up and stop being such a 'dick' than an actual replacement request.

It's not like me telling him to stop being so mean had any effect, if this is something that is considered rude then I apologize as I haven't heard of that before, but I used the mod request to pressure Zlinger and get him off his high horse.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Chevre wrote:
You are lying. I've only looked in this thread once. I've already stated that I was demotivated by the first 5 pages. But now I'm glad I finally returned, this is a very enchanting game.

ok but we've been off page 5 for like a week. I don't see why you lurked so long.

chkballin wrote:Just a general inquiry....

Why is it such a big deal that hydras tag their posts? We are one player. We are one mind. You would/should hold us accountable no matter what either head says and truly my meta is much different in hydra because I have to consider his thoughts as well.

I think its a fairly antitown thing to do. Meta aside, having two people posting two diffrent opininions can be confusing. You are correct that each head is accountable for the the other heads postings though no one is asking for a Vulcan Mind Meld but I think a hydra certianly should be posting in one voice.

Zinger2099 wrote:In any event, for those of you who are town out there, I would be extremely suspicious of the people who are pushing my lynch so hard. I might not be town, but I am also not against the town. Your enemy is the mafia, and any time spent focusing on me is time spent ignoring your true threat.

Do you win along with the town or mafia ala a survivor?

ZeL1nK wrote:Zinger claimed third party with a self win-con. I want to lynch him just to make him lose D1 if he's telling the truth.

So were is the vote?

edit-changed your mind ok...

Zinger2099 wrote:I've noticed the majority of players on this website are overconfident and arrogant and rude. I much prefer the other website I play on. The playerbase here sucks.

:evil:

killerjester wrote:
Like with Meran, lurkers are really out of the day-lynching's hands.

No they aren't. Lurking scummy players like Sliver or Lenon are always preferable but a lurker lynch trumps a no lynch anyday.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Pinky wrote:Silverdrummer vs. Pine looks like Silver is scum tunneling his buddy Pine for towncred, we think.

-diddin

Hmmm … while not having a flip of Pine to use as a basis I could see this. Much like [REDACTED] in [REDACTED]. Then again him pushing that strongly on someone with zero content screams "Inside Information" so badly I can't see what they MIGHT think to gain from it.

Pine gives me post restriction vibes and I say this b/c he was prodded and didn't have to post in the game. Pinky's theory might be correct as well though an alternate one is that Silver is trying to vote out lurker Pine so lurker Cherve (she's posting now but at the time of Silver's vote she was still lurking.) doesn't look bad.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

unvote;vote: Silverdrummer

I really do not like the CJ head not explaining his vifam vote while not thinking vifam was scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Edit

killerjester wrote:
Like with Meran, lurkers are really out of the day-lynching's hands.

No they aren't.
Lynching
scummy players like Sliver or Lenon are always preferable but a lurker lynch trumps a no lynch anyday.

Pappums Leather Jacket
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Pappums Leather Jacket
Townie
Townie

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Pappums Leather Jacket »

Vote: Zinger

We believe Zinger should be the lynch for today for several reasons.

1. He has claimed third party, which is clearly anti-town and therefore he has no reason to help town.
2. His claimed ability of jailkeeping is bad for town. He is anti-town, and therefore his JK's will not be with the intention of helping the town. Our PRs may get blocked, and he has no reason to try to avoid blocking them because his only intention will be to fulfill his wincon.
3. His roleclaim does not make sense. He claims that the person he JK's that is his target will be
roleblocked
for the rest of the game, when he is supposedly a jailkeeper. Also, as has been mentioned, the chances of him completing his wincon are very slim if he is what he says he is.

In any case, we know that Zinger is not town. At the worst, we would be killing someone with an anti-town role. At best we would be killing scum who tried an awful scum-gambit and failed. Either way, we would be getting rid of someone who we know is not town and has an ability that can hurt the town.

Zinger2099 wrote:I am a jailkeeper. Which means I also protect my targets, but I guess that's not something worth considering for you guys.

I've noticed the majority of players on this website are overconfident and arrogant and rude. I much prefer the other website I play on. The playerbase here sucks.

But alas, you do have a higher activity rate here. It's a shame really.

By the way, I've been lying to you all. I'm actually the town doctor.

Except I'm not, that was a lie. Or was it?

Your mom said hi.

ROFLMAO. This is the best mafia site on the internet with the best playerbase. If you prefer the other website you play on, then why do you continue to play here? MS.net is like the big leagues of mafia, and you should expect people here to be confident. We take our game seriously. How do you expect people to react when someone is a failvig and then does not take anyone's advice and then comes in here and plays the way you do in this game? No one in this game has been overly rude to you, you just cant handle any sort of criticism at all.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:34 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Zinger wrote:By the way, I've been lying to you all. I'm actually the town doctor.

Except I'm not, that was a lie. Or was it?

So, you claim third party, try to convince us to let you live, talk about how you're so harmless... And then go laughing at us with that? Fail.

Zinger wrote:I did not claim an anti-town third party role. You are distorting the facts.

No, you have plenty of potential to hurt the town, and you have a separate win condition to us. You are, by definition, anti-town.

Zinger wrote:Refusal to acknowledge the facts means you are either an idiot or scum. Probably the later.

Now you're just making stupid accusations when your plan has all gone wrong.

Zinger wrote:So you can go fuck yourself. And I mean that personally, not with regards to what is happening in this game.

Personal attack. Open insult. Entirely unjustified. You just made the "never play with again" list!

Zinger wrote:I am a jailkeeper. Which means I also protect my targets, but I guess that's not something worth considering for you guys.

I'm not sure if you are implying that we are stupid, or just digging yourself in deeper here. But no, the fact that you roleblock, and can PERMANENTLY roleblock if you fulfil your WinCon, means you are dangerous to us.

Zinger wrote:I've noticed the majority of players on this website are overconfident and arrogant and rude.

Yes, Zinger, because in the three months you have been here you have encountered the vast majority of players on the site, played games with them, and determined that the majority of them have not a decent bone in their bodies... No? Then stop talking about what you don't know about.

First, this game is only a small sample of the site. Second, even in this game, do you think even half of us could be classified as ALL THREE of those?

Zinger wrote:The playerbase here sucks.

Kindly close the door on your way out.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

Junpei wrote:Mk.

Moderator I request a replacement of Zlinger2099 for continual bashing of players and mafiascum in general, he also expresses no care for the game itself. He is harming the game in a way that isn't even anti-town so much as anti-fun.
This is what I am talking about. Look at the arrogance in this statement.

You should trust your mod to do his job and shouldn't tell him how you think it should be done.

All these requests for other players to be replaced, what right do you have to demand someone else be forcibly removed from the game? None.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

Junpei wrote:
Leonshade wrote:

It's not like me telling him to stop being so mean had any effect, if this is something that is considered rude then I apologize as I haven't heard of that before, but I used the mod request to pressure Zlinger and get him off his high horse.
Pot calling the kettle black.

I'm pissed off because you (and others like you) are on a high horse.

Get off your high horse if you want me to stop being a dick. It's the only way I will comply with your request.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:48 am

Post by Junpei »

I don't even care, fine I"ll get off my high horse, now will you post content and explain why you think it was a good idea for you to claim what you did?

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:18 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah Zinger, just ignore me.

How about you try to be useful for a change? Because right now I see no reason for us not to lynch you today.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Chevre »

Unvote, Vote: Zinger2009

What more is there to say about this than the fact that Zinger himself has said he is not town? And plus, I guess I kind of do want to see what Meransiel will do for us on Day 2, as much as I hate her playstyle.

MagnaOfIllusion: Then I misunderstood your wording. The point of your vote was to watch others hop on the wagon. It was not the point of the wagon itself.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Meransiel »

Dear old Magna. Reading me like an open book :D.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:56 am

Post by Junpei »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Meransil on the other hand is a VI who has adopted the “Hey, if I go out of my way to look scummy people will see I’m Town” style of play and is doing a bad, bad job of it. I’d rather that Meran get vigged if it comes down to either Meran or Zinger at deadline.

You're saying that you're a VI who is doing a very bad job of trying to be so scummy you're town? That's seriously what you're saying?

chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by chkballin »

Just some quick thoughts :
The recent claim has had a substantial effect on this hydra. The only thing we can agree on is that our Day 1 scumhunting/lynching efforts would be best placed elsewhere, although the severity of the Zinger problem is debatable. Our general thoughts are that the self-aligned jailkeeper claim is most likely true, however his win condition and/or subsequent details of fulfillment or lack thereof may have been slightly altered. Simply put: We think he is who he claims, but we don't trust him to be honest about what happens if he doesn't win since it seems a tad bit boring( but not impossible) that he would remain in the game if his target dies.

~
BALLIN
I want to believe, the truth is out there...
silverdrummer
silverdrummer
Townie
silverdrummer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by silverdrummer »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Silver wrote:1. Yes my slot did vote vifam... I never denied that.. it was my other head that did that post... he clearly signed it...

So you agree then that your slot is showing Hydra Dissonance? Thanks!

Silver wrote:2. Pretty sure your ultimatum was "If you don't answer all my questions since page 5 and I'm not going to point out which they were.. i'm pushing for your lynch super hard misterr". This just comes across as a lame excuse to push a lynch on a player who might be lazy and not feel like putting in so much extra effort you demand of him. I'm not asking for Pine to come back... I want him dead or replaced, and even if he were to post I wouldn't give a damn. I still want him dead.

You need to look again because my Ultimatum was “Answer my questions at Post 170”. That’s hardly “since page 5”.

Silver wrote:3. REPLACE OUTS ARE A NULL TELL.

I’ve deleted the rest of your All Caps since they are pointless. Your belief in what is and what isn’t a Null tell really doesn’t matter to me. You want to pointlessly debate Mafia theory? Go to MD and bring it up there.
Mafia is all about making subtle judgements based on many factors. Saying "ITS A NULL TELL" in each any every circumstance means you aren't doing it right.

Silver wrote:4. I've stated this repeatidly now. I'm gonna follow your tactics.. Look back at my posts and you'll see why... if you don't see why when you next post i'm pushing your lynch!

You’ve stated repeatedly why Chevre wasn’t scummy? Point me that way because I looked at your ISO and see nada on that front. I ISOed Silverdrummer and did a Control F search for Chevre. I all got was the post where you said “Why is Chevre scummy when Pine is just as bad?”

And I like that you throw in some comedy with your posts. Good work!

--

Pinky wrote:Silverdrummer vs. Pine looks like Silver is scum tunneling his buddy Pine for towncred, we think.

-diddin

Hmmm … while not having a flip of Pine to use as a basis I could see this. Much like [REDACTED] in [REDACTED]. Then again him pushing that strongly on someone with zero content screams "Inside Information" so badly I can't see what they MIGHT think to gain from it.

Question – is your vote on Silver Pinky? I forget and am too lazy to find a VC.

1. Uhhh... is it law that hydras are supposed to have one solid thought? This is news to me... not sure how this is helping at all.
2. That was still a page back or two and your missing the point....
3. You are either an arrogant idiot or you know exactly why he requested replacement which you wouldn't know unless you have inside knowledge.
Everyone please note this as evidence of bussing or cheating or more than likely arrogance

4. Jesus Christ. It has nothing to do about chevre. It has everything to do with Pine. I blacklisted him, dislike him as a player and have said here that had I realized he was in this game I would have stayed the hell away. Please stop being an idiot and read my posts because this would be obvious. Also I'm only being as "Hilarious" as you bud".
That last part to diddin... Look at 4.

Zinger2099 wrote:Of course, if you can't beat them join them, right? The meta on this site is to act like an arrogant rude prick, and you can't really get by unless you abide by that social code.

I agree with this... sometimes... with some people. Though I think everyone does it in at least one game.

My other head has been mia for awhile. Dunno why and if you don't believe me that's fine. I'll ask him to post about his vote and all that good stuff whenever he revives and shows up again.

A zinger lynch is stupid... he's not scum, least not yet and we can take care of him later if need be. What possible information do we get from lynching him currently besides oh look he was third party...
Hydra of
cjdrum
and
silverbullet999

cjdrum
usually signs his posts with either
~ cjdrum
or
~ CJ
silverbullet999
usually doesn't.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Junpei »

1. Hydras are ONE PLAYER YOU DO NOT GET TO HAVE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LINES OF THOUGHT AND REASONING THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO INDIVIDUALLY EXPLAIN JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE USING AN ACCOUNT STYLE THAT MANY PEOPLE THINK IS BS.

4. I'm really having a hard time keeping my head right now, I need to take a break from this thread. GET OVER YOUR PERSONAL GRIEF AND SEE PAST YOUR VENDETTAS. I don't care if Pine had sex with your brother and then killed your pet, I don't want you bringing in stuff like that to this game.

Zlinger has claimed a third party role that roleblocks. Furthermore he says that he has to roleblock someone who is his target and that target can be town. That alone is enough to lynch him. It is straight up bad play on his part. Unless someone brings up some third party idea that has to get lynched to win that isn't Jester, lynching him is a good idea.

If your other head is always mia then tell him to not post.

Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

Junpei wrote:I don't even care, fine I"ll get off my high horse, now will you post content and explain why you think it was a good idea for you to claim what you did?
I thought that if the mafia team believed I wasn't a threat to them I could fly under their radar while I either roleblock them (if I had a good idea of who they might be) or protect town players (if I didn't have a clue who might be scum).

I'm just a standard town Jailkeeper. It was all a fakeclaim. You can lynch me for lying now.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by killerjester »

Zinger2099 wrote:
Junpei wrote:I don't even care, fine I"ll get off my high horse, now will you post content and explain why you think it was a good idea for you to claim what you did?
I thought that if the mafia team believed I wasn't a threat to them I could fly under their radar while I either roleblock them (if I had a good idea of who they might be) or protect town players (if I didn't have a clue who might be scum).

I'm just a standard town Jailkeeper. It was all a fakeclaim. You can lynch me for lying now.

... You fakeclaimed needlessly because you were scared of a NK? I don't see why we should start believing you now, and I can totally get behind lynching you now.

VOTE: Zinger
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Junpei »

Zinger2099 wrote:

To self: "Oh shit it didn't work! Fuck!"

To all: "I'm a frustrated townie, I hate you all /insult"

To self: "Not working..?"

To all: "I'm town JK! Hahaha that was wifom!"

silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

Junpei wrote:1. Hydras are ONE PLAYER YOU DO NOT GET TO HAVE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LINES OF THOUGHT AND REASONING THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO INDIVIDUALLY EXPLAIN JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE USING AN ACCOUNT STYLE THAT MANY PEOPLE THINK IS BS.

4. I'm really having a hard time keeping my head right now, I need to take a break from this thread. GET OVER YOUR PERSONAL GRIEF AND SEE PAST YOUR VENDETTAS. I don't care if Pine had sex with your brother and then killed your pet, I don't want you bringing in stuff like that to this game.

Zlinger has claimed a third party role that roleblocks. Furthermore he says that he has to roleblock someone who is his target and that target can be town. That alone is enough to lynch him. It is straight up bad play on his part. Unless someone brings up some third party idea that has to get lynched to win that isn't Jester, lynching him is a good idea.

If your other head is always mia then tell him to not post.

1. Yes the hydras i've played with did the same thing... hmm yup don't care... We are not one mind my friend so get real.
4. Besides my pine hatred he's avoiding commenting on this game. I have NEVER seen a game where someone isn't allowed to communicate to anyone in game. The fact that he's been prodded more or less disproves this post restriction theory... this is not town behavior.

Well zinger just claimed town jailkeeper... but regardless your example is incorrect because yes that town can get his action blocked.... but his life could also be saved... so again lynching him even before he claimed town jailkeeper was a terribad idea.
... People were right it seems....
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Junpei »

/facepalm

Silver, lets say that he is a 3rd party RB, and you actually think that his intent is to safe the good townies of TV mafia.

He targets, oh I dont know, me.

I get roleblocked. Him targeting me gives a 100% chance I won't get a report. Whereas it is a 1 in (26-X) chance that I die (where X = mafia). However this is additive with all other killing factions and possible vig shots. Regardless he is still not worth it for town.

I'm going to make a thread in MD eventually discussing the ethics of hydras, although I don't think I'll be able to legally do so for some time. Ergo we won't be discussing that further here.

Also >mfw silver still supports Zinger. Mafia clinging onto town to say "i told ya so?" later? More like mafia clinging to third party in hopes that it's town.

i don't know if you're mafia silver because your two heads are completely different people, but that post does not look town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”