Newbie 1131 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:00 am

Post by StefanB »

Okay, it's time to stopp WIFOM as all yourself.
My first reaction was also thinking Forehead was town. But it isn't really a proof. Does it make him scummy, no. So let's put it as null (or even slight towntell) and end confusing ourselves.
Other taking a short look at the games, LoM doesn't come of in his first game as more trying as in this, so hm.
Not having a clear scumread,
Vote: Gingy
, more passive than aggresive check, okay posting onliners is not really my cup of tea.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:09 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Vote Count 1.3

StefanB - 1 (VitaminR)
Tajun - 2 (Gingy, AndroidDreams)
VitaminR - 1 (legend of mafia)
legend of mafia - 1 (forehead7)
AndroidDreams - 2 (Tajun, haoala)
Gingy - 1 (StefanB)

Not Voting - 1 (Demyx)

5 to Lynch.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Demyx
Demyx
Goon
Demyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Demyx »

I should probably vote, then >_>

Of all the players so far, AndroidDreams has struck me as the most scummy due to the whole "I'm going to vote for whoever has the most votes" thing.
Vote: AndroidDreams
Hopefully a bit of pressure will encourage him to post a bit more often, too.

Of the rest, Legend of Mafia continues to show no intention of actually playing, unfortunately. I'm a little suspicious of Forehead's vote for that reason. While it's often tempting to lynch the people who aren't very helpful, it rarely accomplishes all that much.
Gingy
Gingy
Townie
Gingy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Gingy »

Sorry, I've been busy with work.

Links to past forum mafia games? Not really possible with all the different links I would have to dig up from about a year ago.

AndroidDreams is scummy, but I guess my hiatus for a day and a half could also get the same reply.
I came from Epicmafia, forgive me if they taught me to be a jerk
Demyx
Demyx
Goon
Demyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Demyx »

I realize things move more slowly around here than at other mafia sites, but this level of activity seems low even by this site's standards.

Come on people, post some logic, so I can ram it through my logic processors and chop it into delicious cream of logic soup.

If you don't, I'll make more awful mixed metaphors like that one.
Demyx
Demyx
Goon
Demyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Demyx »

And just so we're clear, I'm not complaining about vote speed. The votes have been plenty speedy and I don't want to see anyone get lynched too early. It's discussion speed I'm talking.
forehead7
forehead7
Goon
forehead7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:00 am

Post by forehead7 »

I don't really have any suspicions at the moment, I tend to work by voting patterns so the longer deadlines are favorable (for me). Bit too early for me to go after anybody with any real conviction.
AndroidDreams
AndroidDreams
Townie
AndroidDreams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by AndroidDreams »

Okay guys, my vote was totally random

Now for a real vote I'm going with either StefanB, or Demyx, considering how much they passed the ball around in the beginning. It seemed too much like trying to keep the rest of us distracted.

Either way, I agree, we gotta look at more evidence

UNVOTE
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Tajun »

Now for a real vote I'm going with either StefanB, or Demyx, considering how much they passed the ball around in the beginning. It seemed too much like trying to keep the rest of us distracted.

Really? To be honest, I would have placed the two of them as my two most likely to be town. They both strike me as trying to stir up logical conversation, and posting a lot hardly strikes me as scummy.

Other than AndroidDreams, for the same reasons as others above, I suppose my only minor scum read is VitaminR. Call it OMGUS if you want, but his point on me post 56 struck me as little more than StefanB had already said, and his comments about StefanB post 26 seemed intended to cause us to doubt StefanB, without much justification (until post 33, which I thought was a bit weak as well). Other than that, he doesn't seem to have done much.
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
Demyx
Demyx
Goon
Demyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by Demyx »

AndroidDreams wrote:

Tunnel vision is one of my main modes while playing mafia, so it's amusing to me that you say this. Even I usually don't tunnel on one or two people as early as beginning of Day One :p But if it makes you feel better, you're popping up in my crosshairs!

Also, distracted from
what
?

Either way, I agree, we gotta look at more evidence

Classic, textbook "I've been called out for being unhelpful, so now I'm going to try to look helpful without actually helping" -- saying we should look for evidence without actually doing it.

Not that you're the only one guilty of that! I'd like to hear more from Forehead and Gingy in particular.
Gingy
Gingy
Townie
Gingy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by Gingy »

What would you like to hear?
I came from Epicmafia, forgive me if they taught me to be a jerk
Demyx
Demyx
Goon
Demyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Demyx »

Talking about people's posts?
haoala
haoala
Goon
haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Post by haoala »

I stick by my vote. AndroidDreams only seems more scummy to me with his last post. Unvoting so quickly after being put under pressure, and saying "my vote was totally random"? That wasn't what you said earlier:
AndroidDreams wrote:Vote: Tajun

So I guess I don't quite get the pacing of online mafia yet, but
ill say my reason for Tajun is because Tajun's got the most votes

I would like to point out that he's at L-2, if you didn't already notice.

I'm getting suspicious of LOM. Lurking? His last post was a day ago, and even that was just asking when the deadline is.
forehead7
forehead7
Goon
forehead7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:18 am

Post by forehead7 »

I've had a re-read of the thread. As such I'm going to
UNVOTE Legend of Mafia

Gingy is seeming pretty aloof (which is how I play as mafia). First of all he states that you can't lead while hunting mafia and then backs down as soon as he's called on it. Pretty standard if you're trying to avoid confrontation and attention. Then he can't provide links to the past mafia games, why not? If it was on this site then you'd be able to search for all your posts surely? Or on another site.
thus
vote Gingy

At this stage I don't think AndroidDream is dirty, if he's like me and is used to faster paced games then I can understand him wanting to speed the game up and it didn't strike me as overly dirty.
Demyx
Demyx
Goon
Demyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:23 am

Post by Demyx »

haoala wrote:
I'm getting suspicious of LOM. Lurking? His last post was a day ago, and even that was just asking when the deadline is.

It sucks when people like that are scum, they never provide enough to go on to actually build a case. So you have to build your case on basically "he's lurking and useless".

That being said, he's definitely lurking and useless. While that doesn't automatically mark him as scum, I sure wouldn't cry if he got the axe. I think around here lynching people for playstyle is called a policy lynch? Where I come from, that's a pretty common thing to do on Day One.

Forehead, I thought Gingy was mainly from EpicMafia? Is it possible to link games from EpicMafia?
forehead7
forehead7
Goon
forehead7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:26 am

Post by forehead7 »

Demyx wrote:Forehead, I thought Gingy was mainly from EpicMafia? Is it possible to link games from EpicMafia?

I have no idea, never been on the site. But I think not posting the links is questionable, maybe he doesn't want us to see his obvious mafia tells? Lets make him like this: :dead: (sorry, just wanted to use that emoticon)
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:51 am

Post by VitaminR »

Re forehead7: Most town tells are subject to WIFOM. Still think his question was more likely to come from town.

Tajun wrote:Other than AndroidDreams, for the same reasons as others above, I suppose my only minor scum read is VitaminR. Call it OMGUS if you want, but his point on me post 56 struck me as little more than StefanB had already said, and his comments about StefanB post 26 seemed intended to cause us to doubt StefanB, without much justification (until post 33, which I thought was a bit weak as well). Other than that, he doesn't seem to have done much.

Where does StefanB say the same thing? I thought we made different points.
In any case, I am relatively happy with my StefanB vote still. His reaction to LoM was strange. And his Gingy vote is quite random.

forehead7 wrote:Then he can't provide links to the past mafia games, why not? If it was on this site then you'd be able to search for all your posts surely? Or on another site.

Do you think Gingy is purposefully trying to hide his past games?
Demyx
Demyx
Goon
Demyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:35 am

Post by Demyx »

VitaminR wrote:Re forehead7: Most town tells are subject to WIFOM. Still think his question was more likely to come from town.

That's fair. I'm just a notoriously distrustful person. :D
forehead7
forehead7
Goon
forehead7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:39 am

Post by forehead7 »

VitaminR wrote:Do you think Gingy is purposefully trying to hide his past games?

Possibly, either that or he's just lazy(I can relate)
StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:12 am

Post by StefanB »

I think epicmafia can't be linked, but I was asking about his forumgame, that he talked about in 34.
(Heared enough of epicmafia to not think that will give us interesting information.

AndroidDreams: From what distracted? From myself? How do you get to reads.

Tajun: How is my attacking your vote, the same thing as VitaminR attacking your vote.

Demyx: We don't have really a lot of lynches, that we can easy use policitylynches, we have 3 times to do it correct, than we lose. (not counting the miracleposibility or that we do it correct the first or second time) Normally this is to decieded at the deadline. (And hear it's more a choice to go for scummy or not contributing) The long deadlines make it more difficult for scum to hide. (They still win too many games)
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Post by Tajun »

StefanB: They are a bit different, come to think of it. You were calling me more on my vote, and he (VitaminR) was more on what I said to go along with it. Still strikes me a bit scummy though, like he was looking for something to say, and found your comment. I certainly wouldn't lynch on it, but I'll keep it in the back of my head.

Why couldn't epicmafia be linked? Is it some sort of copywrite thing?

I agree that we shouldn't policy lynch, but if LoM continues to flake on us I sure don't want him around in the endgame, town or not. Give us something to work with here LegendofMafia, a read, an opinion, anything.

forehead7 wrote:
Demyx wrote:Forehead, I thought Gingy was mainly from EpicMafia? Is it possible to link games from EpicMafia?

I have no idea, never been on the site. But I think not posting the links is questionable, maybe he doesn't want us to see his obvious mafia tells? Lets make him like this: :dead: (sorry, just wanted to use that emoticon)

Lusting for blood much? I'm not quite sure how to take that one.

Gingy wrote:What would you like to hear?

This is pretty scummy, in my opinion, especially after his return hours after a vote was cast against him. We would like to hear who you think are mafia, and why. Failing that, who do you think are town?

On that note, is it a good idea to post who we think are town as well as scum? It just occurred to me that if everyone thinks (insert name here) is town, it might make them a more likely mafia kill. What is the general policy here?
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by VitaminR »

Tajun wrote:StefanB: They are a bit different, come to think of it. You were calling me more on my vote, and he (VitaminR) was more on what I said to go along with it. Still strikes me a bit scummy though, like he was looking for something to say, and found your comment. I certainly wouldn't lynch on it, but I'll keep it in the back of my head.

I just thought the FOS was scummy. I don't think I was even thinking of what Stefan had said about it. I don't see why these things are related in your mind?

forehead7 wrote:Possibly, either that or he's just lazy(I can relate)

Which do you think is more likely?
AndroidDreams
AndroidDreams
Townie
AndroidDreams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Post by AndroidDreams »

My feeling on Tajun is that he is hard to read. Now, this is going to sound scummy, but I have seen it work: take hard to read ppl out. It makes it easier oñ the rest of us.
I know that sounds lame, but LOM isn't adding much input and we keep bringing him up.. weird? Or sign? I can't tell

For my inquiry into Demyx and StefanB, I was thinking that because they keep bringing up new targets, they must be throwing the rest of us off.. but now I rhibi one of them is a cop..

I still have no vote but can we get more info on GANGY (sry about spelling, I'm on a phone..)
But being a nublet, I'm just following the most advanced seeming players.that's why I vote for who has the most votes.

But does G-man seem so scummy? Or just absent?
AndroidDreams
AndroidDreams
Townie
AndroidDreams
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Post by AndroidDreams »

Sorry, not Tajun, I meant LOM at the beginning
haoala
haoala
Goon
haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:57 pm

Post by haoala »

Please, never ever ever "follow the most advanced seeming players". They might be scum for all you know. Make your own judgement, AndroidDreams.

What you said regarding LOM makes sense. I am ready to lynch LOM at the end of today if there are no other better leads.

Also, there is a 50% chance that there is no cop.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”