Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Ah that be trip by another name. ^^
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

bvoigt wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:(3) In defending Incog, Yos conjures up this serving of congealed scumminess plucked from the lush fields of scumdom: “Inconstancy [GC note: “inconsistency”] is a town tell.” Uh… no. Inconsistency is a scum tell. It’s how you catch scum in lies. Oh yeah – he also used “inconsistency” (because it’s suspicious, see?) as one of his reasons to vote Pere. Hey, that’s inconsistent in and of itself! I think we may have entered into the meta-zone.

One of his reasons for voting Peregrine was "calling Haylen town while still voting for her." To me, this is an accusation of inconsistency with reads...a vote on a town read. But, like you said, Yos believes that inconsistency is a town tell. I feel like he may have been trying to push the mislynch of PereV with poor reasoning.

Not THAT kind of inconstancy, silly.

If someone is voting for someone and defending them at the same time, or attacking someone and defending them at the same time, or anything like that, it can be a significant scumtell. Scum know that the person they are attacking is town, and on some level they often admit it. More then that, scum know that if they get the person actually lynched they'll look bad, so they try to plant weasel words, to have it both ways. Scum rarely totally commit to an attack on someone they know is town, it's risky. It's similar to what I was attacking GC for on day 1.

The kind of inconsistency that I think is a town tell is different. If someone is attacking person A on day 1, but not attacking them on day 2; or if someone calls out person A for lurking but dosn't go after person B who's lurking just as bad; or calls something a scum tell in one situation but ignores it in another situation, or is opposed to a mass claim on day 2 but in favor of it on day 3, ect, people often attack them for "inconsistency". But I've found that that's not a reliable scum tell at all; in fact, it's usually a town tell. There's always a thousand little differences between person A and person B, and a townie who's actually scumhunting isn't just paying attention to the one scumtell, they're looking at behavior, meta, gut, all kinds of things. Or they change their mind about something as they get new information, or as the situation in the game changes. So they seem "inconsistant". Scum, on the other hand, tend to be very consistant; they're not relying on gut, they're not reading way to much into the exact way words are parsed or whatever to try to tell the difference between scum and dumb lurking townies, they're usually relying more heavily on simple, easy to understand arguments to make cases against people, and they usually carefully re-read their old posts to make sure they stay consistant, to make sure they're not doing anything they could be called out for. Townies generally don't care, they just do what seems right, and usually end up looking inconstant.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Egad! Am I a goner? Is that how you spell that? Looks like go-ner rather than gon-er. Sigh. Oh well.

Medicated Lain wrote:Ah that be trip by another name. ^^

Hehehe. Wrong username, Yoko! ;)
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Wow Yos, can't help but wonder why you didn't lynch me last game! Out of curiosity, what do you think of GC today?
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:30 am

Post by Pine »

Was about to ask for a claim out of Trip, but I ISO'd him first. Looks like I blinked and missed his claim. I find the claim plausible but unlikely. It's just too obscure, when Repo! hardly lacks for enough characters to fill a mini. Otherwise, I'm not an especially big fan of the case on Trip, but Incog clearly isn't the lynch for today, and Trip is. I'll take an informative lynch that some of my Town-reads are advocating over a no-lynch ten days out of ten.

Unvote

THIS IS INTENT TO HAMMER.

Trip, please make a final post with your outgoing reads and last words. It will be heartily ignored if you flip scum, and taken seriously if you flip Town.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

The obscurity of Trip's claim in no way adds to his scumminess. Don't hammer over that.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Less then 6 hours to deadline now.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:27 am

Post by bvoigt »

@Yos: I guess that makes sense. (Also, I didn't realize inconstancy was a real word.)
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:28 am

Post by camn »

Incognito (3) - Pine, TripMyWire, Medicated Lain
TripMyWire (5) - bvoigt, Yosarian2, Incognito, Thor665, camn
Yosarian2 (1) - Green Crayons
bvoigt (1) - Haylen

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch or 5 to No Lynch.

psst. Don't use my color. ~iPie
Last edited by InflatablePie on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

- Bee-tee-dubbs, if there is a SK I would guess camn because of her use of "unusual" tactics (name claim, "who would you daykill") and the fact that she brought it up (and SKs would NEVER do that /commonwisdom). I'll be curious what she'll say when she's

- That's a bad reason to hammer, Pine. Attempting to outguess the mod on role names is fruitless at best, scummy at worst.

- Don't know why nobody (besides Lain) listens to me. First with BM, now with Yos. I know why Lain doesn't listen to me. She doesn't even know who she thinks is scum -- she's had something like three vote changes in just about as many days.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Oh, I didn't finish my first thought. I went to go see if camn promised that she would reveal tomorrow or just suggested that's when she would be willing to spill the beans. My thought was: I'll be curious what she'll say when she's pressured to follow through on that promise.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm here - I want a hammer. I own a Mjolnir, but I want another one.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Pine »

I have my smartphone. I'll give Trip until 10:30 EDT (30 minutes before deadline) to post, then make it happen.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Aww c'mon guys, I'm still at work. I was planning on posting when I got home, but probably won't get there in time before the deadline.
Pine wrote:I find the claim plausible but unlikely. It's just too obscure, when Repo! hardly lacks for enough characters to fill a mini.

Yeah, we know how well it went the last time you hammered someone because of their character. Poor Peregrine. Knowing what we know now, I don't think it's worth basing votes on character claims. I'm sure after tonight's flips you'll finally agree.

I don't have time to write a bunch and pretty much everything I need to say I've already said.

Farewell, my dearest Medicated Lain. I will miss you, my love. See you after work.
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Final D2 VC

Incognito (3) - Pine, TripMyWire, Medicated Lain
TripMyWire (5) - bvoigt, Yosarian2, Incognito, Thor665, camn
Yosarian2 (1) - Green Crayons
bvoigt (1) - Haylen

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch or 5 to No Lynch.

---

Pine ran at Trip, noose in hand, when the lights suddenly cut out.

It appeared that the mob had run out of time to lynch their target, so now was the time for another intermission. The group walked offstage and waited patiently for the Opera to resume.

It is now Night 2. Send any actions to me within 72 hours; people with a QT may post; Day 3 will begin in 48-72 hours.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:03 am

Post by InflatablePie »

The group resumed their previous positions on-stage when they noticed that one of them was missing. The victim was a thief of organic Zydrate. A Graverobber lay in a pool of blood, with a bullet in his head.

The group resumed discussion.

Green Crayons -
Graverobber, Vanilla
- was shot N2.

It is now Day 3. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch or 5 to No Lynch. Deadline is in three weeks: Friday, August 12th at 1PM EST.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:13 am

Post by bvoigt »

VOTE: TripMyWire

Pine, why didn't you end up hammering?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

Terrible day was terrible.

Vote: TripMyWire

Hate Pine, Haylen, and Medicated Lian...also hate Green Crayons but he is pardoned due to death.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:23 am

Post by Pine »

Just fucked up and was busy. I cannot begin to apologize for that.

Vote: Incog

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Thor665 »

You have given me good reference material as to why waiting till deadline for hammers is terribad and needless.

Why do I feel like you're trying to start up that Incog wagon again without bringing anything new to the table other than "lol, more time in day na0w!"
I'd rather lynch you than Incog right now, and that's terrible.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ugh, that was horrible. Why didn't anyone hammer? Pine and ML especally really need to explain themselves.

Anyway,
Vote:Trip
. I can't imagine that there wouldn't have been a lynch if he was town.

On an unrelated note, I am going to be V/LA for the next week, from tommorow through the 31st.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Pine »

I did explain. It was a straight-up clusterfuck. I was expecting to have time to myself right before midnight, but I had a crying, homesick camper who was afraid of non-existent spiders in the bathroom to deal with, and missed the deadline by 10 minutes.

I was never 100% on Trip's lynch, and while I will support it if necessary, I feel Incog is the more likely choice.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Haylen »

I fucked up and was busy too, but I'm not apologising. I
know
Bvoigt is a better lynch than any of the others. Seriously, people, go back and read him and his votes ect. Or at least read my case on him!

Why does Pine want to vote for Incog over Trip or Bvoigt?

I really don't get this Trip thing, and yes I have been reading the thread. Although the opportunism in voting for the other major wagon yesterday just as the day begins is prety obvious.

I don't hammer people when I'm convinced another person is scum. Hence my lack of hammer yesterday

Thor wrote:Hate Pine, Haylen, and Medicated Lian...also hate Green Crayons but he is pardoned due to death.

Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:55 am

Post by bvoigt »

Haylen wrote:I don't hammer people when I'm convinced another person is scum. Hence my lack of hammer yesterday

You preferred a no-lynch over hammering Trip?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Also, I'll be V/LA from the 23rd through the 31st, and might not have Internet access.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”