ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

jil is replacing out of all her games. I've seen her replace out of two other games I'm following with the exact same post. It's not an alignment tell.

izak wrote:And jilynne/future replacement is scummy, for reasons which include meta I can't mention.

K, start with your reasons that don't include meta.
chkballin
chkballin
Goon
chkballin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by chkballin »

Alright, sorry sorry sorry- I know my other head promised a wall and that still may be true, but all I can promise is a substantial post within the next 12 hours!

~
BALLIN[
/i]
I want to believe, the truth is out there...
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by killerjester »

I feel I owe some more input on the Vifam wagon. I stated my feelings on Vifam back when I unvoted her, and I think the townies are escalating some of her scumtells more than they deserve to. I think this is a combination of town-aligned members pushing a bandwagon to test for reactions and scums looking for a mislynch.

The scummiest players, I feel, simply from their votes on the Vifam wagon are...*checks my handbook* 3isFrench, DavidX, and Rodion. It seemed to me that DavidX and Rodion were both notably hesitant in casting their votes on Vifam, and gave me the feeling they were fishing for town approval before jumping on the bandwagon. 3isFrench has quite limited responses and is making it hard for me to get a good read. From what I can tell though, he's using a minimalist approach to push his votes. I think the mixed readings I'm getting from him are largely a result of being a hydra, as the posts which felt town to me were signed ~hip and the posts which felt scummy were left anonymous.

@French-heads, if you had to pick one thing that sticks out as the scummiest of all scummy things about Vifam, what would that be?

Marco, Pvt, Peregrine, and Leonshade are shying away from the Vifam wagon. Leon I think is most scummy in doing this because he states he feels Vifam is suspicious but chooses to keep his vote on Jil, where it has no influence on the current bandwagon and in no way helps the town. Marco, Pvt, and Peregrine slightly believe Vifam is a town (barring a few slip ups). I'd like to hear their reasoning a bit more, especially since marco still has his vote on Vifam but it now doubting his decision.

@Pvt, you also promised us something in your #232 and my eager ears await you.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

killerjester is so very town. cool.
ThreeIsFrench
ThreeIsFrench
Townie
ThreeIsFrench
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by ThreeIsFrench »

Pinky and the Brain wrote:
ThreeIsFrench wrote:oh the irony.

nero why would you assume that? not a good thing to assume.

VOTE: vifan

TIF:

a) You were already voting Vifam. Who did you think you were voting?
b) (Ignoring the fact that you were already voting Vifam,) what prompted you to vote Vifam here?

The VC didnt have my name on it; thought maybe i forgot to vote. Same reasons, as previously but with the added evidence, i just voted due to thinking i was off the wagon :P
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by killerjester »

ZeL1nK wrote:killerjester is so very town. cool.

Buddying will get you nowhere! :mrgreen:
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Zinger2099 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Zinger wrote:ZeL1nk is clearly holding grudges across from a previous game. He really shouldn't do that, and it is definitely not helpful to the town if he carries on with that behavior.

That’s a pretty ridiculous premise … if anyone has reason to hold a grudge from Superhero Mafia it is me not Zel1nk who directly benefitted from your play.
It is hardly ridiculous at all. Look at the facts: ZeL1nK claimed he would kill me Night 1 before I had said ANYTHING in this game what-so-ever. Therefor, the only motivation for him having said that MUST be something from a previous game, because there was nothing in this game as of yet to bring him to that decision.

I see no other explanation, and ZeL1nK has yet to offer up one.

Also,
unvote
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

@ZeL1ink the way she has done nothing towards this game, just tries to get through with the bare minimum. This actually coincides with my ongoing-game meta reasons very well.

And yeah, I know she dropping out of everything. I guess she didn't have time for ten games.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Blatant prod dodge in case of something.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

Minor note before I actually go V/LA, was nothing to do with "town approval". As I stated, wanted to give her time to respond, she didn't, she still hasn't, ergo, vote.
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Zinger2099 wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Zinger wrote:ZeL1nk is clearly holding grudges across from a previous game. He really shouldn't do that, and it is definitely not helpful to the town if he carries on with that behavior.

That’s a pretty ridiculous premise … if anyone has reason to hold a grudge from Superhero Mafia it is me not Zel1nk who directly benefitted from your play.
It is hardly ridiculous at all. Look at the facts: ZeL1nK claimed he would kill me Night 1 before I had said ANYTHING in this game what-so-ever. Therefor, the only motivation for him having said that MUST be something from a previous game, because there was nothing in this game as of yet to bring him to that decision.

Also,
unvote

Something doesn't sit right with you.

In the last game you tunnel visioned MoI like hell. In this game your doing nothing. Why?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i skimmed again, but i saw moi mention my post was a good one. then no other comment? seems like a really random thing to talk about.
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:12 am

Post by ZeL1nK »

No, andrew, no on would ever call any of your posts "good". MoI was talking about Pinky's post (which mentioned you).

Zinger wrote:ZeL1nK claimed he would kill me Night 1 before I had said ANYTHING in this game what-so-ever.

Ah, nope.

You'd posted in this thread when I said that.

Zinger wrote:Also, unvote.

That's it?
Zinger2099
Zinger2099
Goon
Zinger2099
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:26 am

Post by Zinger2099 »

@ZeL1Nk, problem?

vezokpiraka wrote:Something doesn't sit right with you.

In the last game you tunnel visioned MoI like hell. In this game your doing nothing. Why?
Uh, because in the last game I mistook MoI's "cop confidence" for "scum confidence". It's surprising how those two generate similar effects.

And as for this game, I haven't done nothing so when you take the time to actually comment on what I have done, maybe I will take the time to have an answer for you.
marco1610
marco1610
Townie
marco1610
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:36 am

Post by marco1610 »

killerjester wrote:Marco, Pvt, Peregrine, and Leonshade are shying away from the Vifam wagon. Leon I think is most scummy in doing this because he states he feels Vifam is suspicious but chooses to keep his vote on Jil, where it has no influence on the current bandwagon and in no way helps the town. Marco, Pvt, and Peregrine slightly believe Vifam is a town (barring a few slip ups). I'd like to hear their reasoning a bit more, especially since marco still has his vote on Vifam but it now doubting his decision.

I'm pretty much waiting for Vifam to make his case. My vote on him was actually kind of an OMGUS vote. He was unnecessarily asking me why I hadn't voted yet so I voted him. During that conversation, he was misreping me which actually made me confident in the vote. One of his posts that really stood out to me was where he posted his reads. Kind of seemed forced.

I'm still suspicious of him but less so because the wagon on him sort of just built up.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:40 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Mod – I’ll be V/LA from 4pm EST today until Monday morning for my usual weekend family duties.

--

Vifam wrote:God damm it.

I'll defend myself later.

See this … this makes my skin crawl with scummy goosebumps.

Before this post you played a Marathon game Wedensday and made three posts in other, on-going Non-marathon games since your last post here.

After this post you were more than able to post about 8 times in another on-going non-Marathon game.

This smells of thread avoidance which I strongly believe is a pretty significant scum-tell. See Umbrage’s Jungle Republic and CJDrum and Sloth / havingfitz. Both exhibited that behavior and both were scum.

I’m giving you an ultimatum
– I have unanswered questions for you at
. I want answers to all those questions before I get back Monday morning. Otherwise you immediately get my vote right back and I will run your wagon up the flagpole so everyone can salute.

--

Andrew wrote:i skimmed again, but i saw moi mention my post was a good one. then no other comment? seems like a really random thing to talk about.

Stop skimming then because in no Universe that exists would I have called your posting to this point ‘good’.

But to that point - why, as PaTB noticed, did you not follow up with your suspicions with an actual vote.

--

Zinger wrote:It is hardly ridiculous at all. Look at the facts: ZeL1nK claimed he would kill me Night 1 before I had said ANYTHING in this game what-so-ever. Therefor, the only motivation for him having said that MUST be something from a previous game, because there was nothing in this game as of yet to bring him to that decision.

Have you considered reaction fishing, for one, as the personal explanation that doesn’t involve Zinger-paranioa? [/off Jehovah’s Witness vibe]

--

Peregrine wrote:Thoughts on DavidX? And on Leonshade's last post?

1. I thought I made my read on DavidX clear when I called him an acceptable Day 1 lynch. He reads as scummy. I see avoidance of taking strong positions and signs of active-lurking. His “I suspect Vifam” followed by a Vifam vote much later looks very much like he’s planning his moves.

That actually makes me believe Vifam and DavidX aren’t aligned. Depending on whether we are in Multi-scum or not (damn it GreyICE, why aren’t you in this game. You have a much better gut feel for that sort of thing) that may or may not clear one of the two of them, potentially.

2. Leonshade’s ‘cross-post’ with me is also fence-sitting on Vifam.

--

KillerJ wrote:Attempt to distance yourself from the bandwagon, noted.

VOTE: Leonshade

I haven’t looked back at Leonshade re: Vifam but I disagree with this statement.

Distancing himself from the bandwagon is what Pvt. Slate did – saying Vifam was clearly Town and we had best look elsewhere while not providing direct support (other than nebulous ‘vibes’) as to why he thinks Vifam is Town. That's possibly looking for Town cred when the suggested flip matches with his statements (and also possibly an honest read).

Leonshade’s fence-sitting fits more with scum looking to express suspicion of Vifam but not actually supporting the wagon in the case that Vifam flips scum.

Of course, as I said above the lack of knowledge aka Multi-scum or not hinders making any strong analysis of motivations Day 1.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:59 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ killerjester: from your language it seems like you think there is no chance that vifam is scum. Is this correct?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:15 am

Post by easjo682 »

andrew94 wrote:reading through, easjo682 first post is very sus. if you look at it. you will know it is wrong.

Is this refering to the fact that I don't think character reveal will help and therefore just get in they way?

killerjester wrote:@easjo682, you've yet to vote. Do you feel there is someone in 6 pages of talk scummy enough to deserve your vote? If not, why?

how am I meant to explain why I'm not voting for someone other than to say I don't feel anyone is sticking out as scum. This is because all of the posting thus far has come off to me like townies bickering and typical early game sheeping. The start of most games comes off like that to me. When I feel it is time I will lay down a vote, but I will not be pressured into it.

jilynne1991 wrote:You guys...I am sooo sorry, but I really need to start cutting the crap out of my life, because I'm going to a math camp soon and then I'm trying to get into a boarding school, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to leave mafiascum, sorry. I really wish I didn't have to leave everyone like this, but I really don't want to waste my summer. I know I should have thought of this earlier, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience it caused you guys.

okay this post comes off as weird as hell, mostly cause I don't like people replacing out as soon as they come under a tiny bit of pressure. Not going to use this against the new person, I'll wait to see how they act.

ThAdmiral wrote:I am of the philosophy that you should ALWAYS have your vote on someone.

Why?
I'm of the belief that I should only lay down a vote when I feel someone is deserving of it. Because it shows that you genuinly believe a person to be dodgy as fuck, when you always have a vote on someone especially if you shift it round alot it comes off wishy washy (and potentially sheepish or WIFOM)

@people in general:
can we not discuss roles when it's pure speculation, save it for discussing a claim and how likely the claim is true.

David Xanatos wrote:But.. surely a game based on identifying tells and using them to determine who is "Scum" is undermined by a "person" who has the posting habits of multiple people, especially if those people are completely anonymous? :/

meta is dangerous, people can easliy intentionally or unintentionally change it. I find you can't grab valid tells from meta.
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:19 am

Post by Leonshade »

Vifam wrote:God damm it.

I'll defend myself later.

This is starting to become ridiculous.

Unvote
Vote: Vifam

Vifam seems to be avoiding questioning, and that combined with him trying to deflect suspicion is making him look like scum to me.

killerjester wrote:Vifam joined the Jil wagon early on, what are your feelings on this? And why do you think Jil is scummier than Vifam?

I don't think Vifam joining the Jil wagon early on is anything special, it was a viable wagon at a time when not much else was going on. As for Jil, me staying on that bandwagon was more because I felt that there were already a lot of people pressuring Vifam so I figured I could do more by pressuring and questioning another player. But since it looks like it might take a while to replace Jilynne, I don't see much reason to stay on that bandwagon.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:38 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, Vifam, are you trying to get yourself lynched or something?

Has Jason gone and stuck a bloody jester in this game?
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:47 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ easjo: I don't find vote-jumping to be a scumtell especially if the reasons are genuine. In any case if you are town you shouldn't be worried about coming off wishy-washy unless you don't believe your own reads. It is ideal if everyone is always voting as in this situation scum are less able to fly under the radar as they constantly need to take a stand. Also more votes equals more information which is always good. And one should always, ALWAYS, be voting someone at the end of the day.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
marco1610
marco1610
Townie
marco1610
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:49 am

Post by marco1610 »

Jil hasn't been replaced yet, right?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:07 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

No.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”