DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

There is no one left with possible nukes to destroy anyways. African tribesmen? South American mountain rebels? Antarctic penguins?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:20 am

Post by Fate »

I was just busy and didn have time for my NRMAL Fatescum spam

FUCK YO COINTOSS INHIM

WHY DOES NO ONE FUCKIN BELIEVE THE WOLF CRIER
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Fate »

Defcon 4 will be Saudis and Iran and shit

And ill fuckin REPLACE OUT if scum again.

Fuck that shit
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:23 am

Post by Fate »

I'm surprised everyone in the dead qt is remainig quiet and not spammin up the thread with postgame talk...

DAT RESPECT AGM
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Hinduragi »

inHimshallibe wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't 51% believe this?

Literally 50/50.

Although this is the spam I would've expected when I mentioned it earlier.

I still believe Fate's town. I stick by my reads. If I had to pin someone's play who was similar to his right now, I'd pick Shotty.

I've noticed a
fatal
flaw in the scumteam in 2.0 and 3.0,

Clever.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Fate »

Shotty?

That's fucking low.

You're just butt hurt I fooled you lol
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:53 am

A few more hours until I reach my inevitable immortality. Damn it feels good to be this awesome.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Fate »

I wonder if heaven will be nice...

Or is it hell?

Or will it matter?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:27 pm

All right, Mr. AGM, I'm ready for my close up.
Show

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Defcon 4.0 is when we nuke those pussy shit democrats because they are all latte sipping euro-lovers.

good game fate, you really had us for a bit with your frantic ranting that went 17 different directions. But alas, our nukes strike true!
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Fate »

When's the last time you made a geniune post Pooky, one from the heart?

All I see is you forcing your self to talk.

Whose back to you got Pooky? IS' as you hoist his ego up on a flag to victory?

If only Pooky

If only we were on the same team.

The lives we could've changed
The lies we could've spread.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 3, DEFCON 1 - Game Event]

[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. NUCLEAR STRIKE DETECTED.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Analyzing damages...

"ALERT. ALERT. NUCLE..."
Fate hurled an empty beer bottle across the room at the neon green LCD monitor, shattering it. The computer beeped angrily, but Fate didn't care. The entire base was about to be blown to smithereens in a matter of minutes, and he didn't need some moronic computer system to tell him the exact number of seconds he had left to live. It was time to have some fun.
"This is Brigadier General Fate," he slurred into the intercom. "Fire everything."
"Uh, sir...everything?" a crackly voice responded hesitantly. "What do you mean by 'everything?'"
"I MEAN EVERYTHING, DAMNIT," Fate roared back, spraying the microphone with spit. "EVERY. FUCKING. THING. FIGHTERS, BOMBERS, TANKS, JEEPS, MISSILES, UAVS ... IF IT'S GOT A FUCKING WEAPON, I WANT IT HEADING AT TOP SPEED TOWARDS THE ENEMY."
"Sir, I..." the voice began to respond. But Fate wasn't finished.
"AND IF IT DOESN'T FUCKING HAVE A WEAPON, GIVE IT ONE. THE CUSTODIAL STAFF CAN WHACK PEOPLE OVER THE HEAD WITH THEIR MOPS FROM A MINIVAN FOR ALL I CARE. JUST. FIRE. EVERYTHING."
"But..."
"LAUNCH THE FUCKING MISSILES. NOW!"
Not interested in being bothered to press "off" on the intercom, Fate ripped the microphone out of the desk and threw it across the room. He chugged the last of the bottles arranged on his desk and marched into his private stairwell. Thirty seconds later, he was on the rooftop of the Nellis Air Force Base, where he had insisted a private landing pad for his VTOL F-35 Lightning II be installed...to the tune of approximately $175 million taxpayer dollars.
Time to teach them a lesson for sticking me way out here on this stupid base
, Fate thought. He flipped on the afterburners of his F-35, shot straight into the air, and began to fly directly towards Los Angeles. Amidst the chaos of "FIRE EVERYTHING" below, nobody noticed the crazed Brigadier General's takeoff.
A wave of calm spread over Fate as he soared through the air. This was his element. Not flying - he rarely flew, actually - but messing around with morons. He tapped a few buttons and connected himself to the White House.
"Operator," a voice answered.
"Yes, this is Fate," Fate spoke calmly. "Please inform the President of the United States that I am tired of his silly antics, that I have defected, and will be destroying the City of Los Angeles shortly. Thank you."
Fate short-circuited the radio. No need for a return call. This was going to be glorious.

ToastyToast swooped past Los Angeles and towards the Pacific Ocean. Normally he commanded operations instead of flying them, but desperate times called for desperate measures, and he was one of the best pilots they had.
"Skies are clear," Toasty said to no one in particular. Technically he should be reporting to the White House, but he doubted anyone there really cared about the specifics so long as his missions were completed. In this case, however, specifics mattered quite a bit. ToastyToast grimaced as he reviewed the dossier once more. He had two objectives - 1) Shoot down the incoming ICBM that threatened Los Angeles and 2) Intercept the a rouge general Fate, who apparently also threatened Los Angeles.
Jack Bauer must be out sick today
, Toasty thought to himself as he pulled a 180 back towards the city.
It's all up to me to save LA.
Unfortunately, that was going to be a nearly impossible plan to accomplish - if ToastyToast were to intercept the ICBM over the Pacific, this insane "Fate" person would be able to reach the city and do god only knows what. If he were to take Fate out in a dogfight, the missile would detonate. He needed to do two things at once.
Luckily, ToastyToast had a plan.

The needle on the engine temperature gauge had been in the danger zone for at least the past five minutes, but that didn't stop Fate from flaring the afterburners yet another time as he ripped his craft through the clouds towards Los Angeles.
Glory would be his.
The fools would weep.
Yes...yes...EEEAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHHAAAA.

But before Fate could continue his egomaniacal rant, the HUD on his fighter began flashing and a small green icon appeared in his vision - another aircraft. Fate cursed. Who the hell was this clown, and what was he doing ruining his party? The rouge aircraft swooped around Fate's fighter, firing its machine guns haphazardly. Fate smashed the afterburners down again and shrieked forward in hot pursuit. Los Angeles could wait ... this bug had to die.

ToastyToast's heart jumped three notches as Fate changed course to pursue him. The plan had worked. ToastyToast arced wide around LA's city limits and towards the Pacific, Fate hot on his tail. The missile was just about in range. All ToastyToast needed to do was blow it up over the ocean. Both both he and Fate would die, and the city would be saved.
My life for the citizens of Los Angeles,
ToastyToast thought.
That's not so bad.

He saluted.

Fate had finally figured out what was going on.
He cursed.

"So, you're telling me one of our Colonel’s got in an aircraft, engaged in a dogfight with the Brigadier General of Nellis Air Force Base, who had suddenly gone rouge after a lifetime of dedicated service, and then they were all vaporized over the Pacific Ocean by a nuclear missile that was supposed to hit Los Angeles?"
"...Yes, sir."
"...That is the biggest piece of bullshit I have ever heard."
"I don't believe it either, sir. But the reports are..."
"Forget the reports. Forget everything. I don't even want to think about this right now. In fact, I don't want to think about it ever. I can't comprehend it. It's insanity, George. INSANITY. Maybe you were right about everything before. I don't know. I don't want to know. All we need to know is this: Los Angeles isn't a smoldering crater?"
"No, sir."
"Good. Then we'll leave it at that."
"Yes, sir."
"Good. Now let's focus on making the European's the smoldering crater. We've almost won this war. We can't afford to start slipping up now."

ToastyToast (American, Fighter) was Nuked Day 4.

Fate (American, Air base) was Nuked Day 4.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:46 pm

OMG! We have been trolled! I'm shocked. SHOCKED!

Well, there go my reads.
Show

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by Fate »

So this is how it all ends, hm?

I fought for what I believed in with everything I had.

I got protection from those that would kill me silently in the dead of the night.

I sat there as those who I fought side by side with, those that believed in me, SpyreX. Ooba. Toog. I watched them all die one by one. Taken from my in a way I couldn't die. I guess I know what its like to be immortal now, and to watch your friends age and die around you?

I listened as those that I looked up to marked me for death, and swore I was evil with their last breath. Do you have any idea what it feels like to see a former teammate look you in the eyes as he's about to die, his visage filled with hate, and call you scum? I can't wipe that image out of my mind.

I can't forget those words, they drove me insane.

But I fought on. People I had been on to since the times of peace died to nukes and my aim turned out to be true. I received no glory for these feats, no badges of honor.

Then came the time where I was on the judgeent stand. Some young hot shot going for a record decided a chance at a statue was worth more than a worn old soldier's life. He danced happily in the streets and got a parade ready as the truly evil ones pulled strings in the background.

And in a fitting twist of fate, that protection which I had chosen for myself ended up stopping the last believer from saving me. My last friend now has to watch me die, powerless to save me.

And as the nuke bears down at me, all I can do is salute and smile.

And say to myself

"This is how it ends, huh? Not with a whimper.... but a"

Bang.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

What the fuck's wrong with you people? Just 'cause my best town read got nuked, went mad, and played terribly does not mean we give up when there's ONE scum left. We've STILL got this EASILY. Now it's WIFOM time. Fate's last
failure
gambit might bag us scum. This fucker is terrified of us. It's 7 versus 1. SEVEN. MY LUCKY NUMBER. Only got townreads? Best start taking them away from people and re-analyzing. We've been relying on nukes to get us scum. Now we've got bandwagons, opinions, interactions, everything. Except the one thing we used up to now. Scumhunting. Yep, no real scumhunting is being done if you ask me. Sure, some people said stuff that was scummy and all. They got nuked for it on a whim. The rest of the "scumhunting" is just some funny shit like "Well, you nuke this guy's ass, I'll turn this one into a crater, and we'll see who flips scum". Nothing really productive in terms of how we
traditionally
play this game has been used since the start of Day 3. So it's time to go back to basic(Oh yes, I'm talking bandwagons and votes) and keep going from there. Hold your fucking nukes. Does ANYONE want to offer their nuke as a lynch?

Everyone, riddle me this: If you were scum and you saw Fate's bag of shit, how would you react to it?

I would either say "Game over, LOLFate yousuck" or play the neutral card(which I think I'd be more likely to do just because I'd be the LAST scum) and say "Hmm, we'll see the flip. Not that sure since it's Fate we're talking about". Lurking it out also might be viable but, eh, I'm not sure. I lurk hard as scum and still probably would've given an opinion on something this easy to jump on. I also would LOVE to see that last scum bask in this WIFOM and flail like a fish out of water. Europeans be damned.

Rounding up people's views on this after the gambit.

Fate-town

Hinduragi

Neutral

inHim

Fate-scum

IS
Pooky
Hez
Dana
Gorilla

Lurked

Mina

I want to know why inHim thought Fate might be lying. WHAT about his play made you doubt him? I am feeling good about my Hez and IS reads. Leaving Dana, Pooky, and Gorilla. Gorilla isn't a good kill for obvious reasons. Also, this isn't something that can be faked by someone who KNOWS the code. Doubled up ss means NOTHING unless it's the plaintext. These scum are bad at their code but not to the point where they loldrop on their own and point out it's a fake AND make a mistake in pointing out it's a fake when that "mistake" isn't a mistake at all.

I will never understand why Toasty didn't suicide. Postgame Toasty needs to let me know.

And by bandwagons and votes, I didn't mean legitimate votes. I meant who you wanted to see BURN. Like so.
Die: Pooky
Sheeping Fate but I am pretty sure I see what he saw. http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p3245577 This didn't feel like anything I thought was town, especially from Pooky. I don't know why, but something about the context is scummy.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Post by gorilla »

Not to argue down my own towniness, but it does mean something - the ss is doubled up as a digraph, it would be impossible to translate back into a plaintext. if they were doubled up but as separate pairs in the order it would've been irrelevant.

I'm going to be rereading everyone still alive. Started with inHim because I couldn't remember anything he's done lately and decided he is town. it is 4 am though so will have to read everyone else another time
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:57 am

Hey Hinduragi, if you keep it up with this white knight bullshit, I will find a way to make you dead. I don't take kindly to people trying to lead whole towns and cheerleading, just sayin'. Especially when they want to win favor with me by declaring me as supertown even after I nuked crowd favorite Fate and was wrong on toasty. That just seems, suspiciious to me that somehow I'm not suspicious myself, its as if you're sucking up to me now.

IGMEOY: Hinduragi
Show

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:31 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Why I thought Fate was lying?

Because, Fate is Fate, and I found it equally likely he could be pulling that either way. TBH, Hindu, I thought you thought he was scum when he admitted it.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:33 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

BTW, I'm not giving up. I still have reads to eliminate. Taking Pooky down a peg out of respect, and because he hasn't given me that golden statement yeah. We're not about to lose, we're on the edge of glory.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:37 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Magua wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:Could be useful in determining what to do with gorilla, which I think solidified himself as a townlock.

Humor me and assume with me that Regfan is scum. That leaves two scum remaining. Who do you think they are?

They exist outside of

Myself
IS
gorilla
Mina
Hinduragi
Pooky

OK, eliminating Pooky.
Show

:

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:55 am

Its about time someone launches a nuke. Where did Princess Mina go anyways? Did she bus and is now hiding hoping she doesn't get caught?
Show

Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Hinduragi »

inHim wrote:TBH, Hindu, I thought you thought he was scum when he admitted it.

You can bet I was pondering it. Then I realized Fate just got mad once I reread "I WAS SO HAPPY BUT NOW IM GOING TO DIE".

Internet Stranger wrote:Hey Hinduragi, if you keep it up with this white knight bullshit, I will find a way to make you dead. I don't take kindly to people trying to lead whole towns and cheerleading, just sayin'. Especially when they want to win favor with me by declaring me as supertown even after I nuked crowd favorite Fate and was wrong on toasty. That just seems, suspiciious to me that somehow I'm not suspicious myself, its as if you're sucking up to me now.

IGMEOY: Hinduragi

Start paying attention because Pooky did flail and that's when he lost the towncred he gained. You want to be wrong again? Go ahead, but you SURE AS FUCK aren't losing me this game. I'm seeing a bunch of "WELL, I HAVE TOWNREADS ON EVERYONE LEFT" etc. and Mina, who was doing something earlier, is GONE to who knows where. You don't know what direction to take. If SOMEONE doesn't do something, this game's all going to be bet on gambling with nukes. Do you realize how frustrating it is to try and take town SOMEWHERE and IMMEDIATELY get called out by one of your OWN TOWNREADS who is one of the people who is lost? You ARE NOT helping.

When I said back to basic, I meant it. If anyone is going to actually help, I will love you forever.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Hinduragi »

gorilla wrote:Not to argue down my own towniness, but it does mean something - the ss is doubled up as a digraph, it would be impossible to translate back into a plaintext. if they were doubled up but as separate pairs in the order it would've been irrelevant.

I forgot where but somewhere in my ISO, I explained why this doesn't necessarily mean it's invalid.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:35 am

Just let the nukes fly, we got this shit locked down. Whoever tries to direct traffic needs to die. In the meantime, if Pooky decides to nuke Dana, I won't shed any tears.
Show

danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:44 am

Post by danakillsu »

We need to nuke once and lynch once in the remainder of this day.

@ Hindu
What is this "die" you speak of?

In other news, I hardly see Fate's play as playing to his wincon. He WANTED to die as a town player despite the fact that his death gained us nothing. He didn't even attempt to dissuade us from nuking him.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”