Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:41 am

Post by Gut »

I could've just claimed to be a gimmicky CES alt if I wanted to invoke the meta shield without revealing I was a hydra. I'm the posting head anyway. Not sure what the motive is for hiding it anyway if I were scum.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:19 am

Post by Duplicity »

The coolness and calmness as well as instructions that MoI shows in Post #648 reads as geninue and town, although there's an element of wifom involved in it I do not see him reacting so calmly as mafia in that situation, especially with short deadlines and Fate pushing his lynch. Dances unvote and reconsideration of MoI's allignment slotted with his death at night increases the likelyhood that MoI is town, I don't see any logical reasoning for MoI to kill of potential supporters of his in a game with short days such as this.

With that said MoI's attack on VitamirR in Post #653 is god awful, Shift asked for meta on you as he'd never played with you or witnessed your games in the past, VitaminR provided that. Whether the conclusions on the meta is incorrect or not is irrelevant at this point in time as it was already brought up by Fate at this point therefore in what way is the addition of extra meta to either defend or prosecute you scummy when it's all something that can be backed up via reading the game or fulfilling a request made. I read the attack as more of MoI attempting to attack everyone voting him believing it's impossible for anyone to suspect him as town more than anything else though meaning yesterdays lynch was likely a double town one which explains the halt and stagnation near deadline.

Tldr: Fate, stop fucking tunnneling.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:20 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

So, Gut, you could have been useful and insightful, and you chose NOT to?

VOTE: Gut
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:21 am

MoI & Gut are each at L-2.

Which is uber-karmic-cool since Gut put MoI at L-2.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:22 am

@ Duplicity

Which wagon would you pick? Gut, or MoI?

Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:23 am

Post by Duplicity »

I really do not understand DBGs "'I'd rather no-lynch than lynch MoI." proclamation in Post #675, it makes no sense, if the strength of your town read on MoI was this strong explain why your activity declined throughout the later end of yesterday when votes were piling on him. You did minimal to prevent his lynch from occuring instead you attempting to create cases on players that weren't likely to go through doing nothing to prevent his lynch.

Though given the Sila town flip Post #664 and Post #666 by The Illuminati look awful especially considering he claims to not have read through the entirety of the game or read into the reasoning behind the MoI wagon. DBGs summarization of her case against him in Post #687 is something that I actually find myself agreeing with a great deal but at the same time it's a fact that DH does have a decline in time avaliable to spend on the site which is highly evident in [Redacted] though I have never seen him attempt to use excuses in any of his town games that I've observed of his in the past. I need to read into this in the morning when I have a functioning brain but ugh. My town read on DBG has decreased signficantly however a The Illumini scumflip essentially clears her.

Pedit: DBG, my choice would be obvious had you read my last two posts properly, I'd pick Gut any day of the week however I want to complete my read through before I place a vote.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:27 am

Post by VitaminR »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Gut wrote:
INVOKE META SHIELD:
<-- CES/chamber hydra

No.

UNVOTE: Gammagooey
VOTE: Gut

Why no?

Re-reading, Gut is obviously CES. And CES is exactly the kind of person who would "invoke meta shield" regardless of alignment.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:28 am

Post by VitaminR »

unInvictus,
Invictus: The Illuminati
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:33 am

The problem I have is that although chamber and CES aren't verbose, they do have insight. The fact that the two of them together strategized to be even more fanatical about saving their keyboards from wear and tear is what is indicative of alignment.

Not the hydra and meta-shield business
per se

Gut is scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:34 am

And guess who's lurking again??????????????????

Yeah, that's right.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:36 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:And guess who's lurking again??????????????????

Yeah, that's right.

Oh wait, no.

My mistake.

never mind..............

Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Gut »

DrippingGoofball wrote:So, Gut, you could have been useful and insightful, and you chose NOT to?

What? No, I've played this game entirely seriously. I've been a bit lurkish because I actively need to remember to check this game instead of just going "view your posts" like I usually do.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Duplicity »

Fate and Gamma are still town as fuck, I don't understand their paranoia of each other at all though it's probably due to some previous incident. That said both of them need to keep the bickering out of this fucking thread, the "You're annoying me so I want to replace out!" was a bitch to read through, it really was and it's just letting mafia have a place to hide.

Getting strong town vibes from Post #674 by Benmage however it's lacking mention of which votes he believes are opportunistic or bussing scum and which are misdirected town which is something I want him to go into in his next few posts. I'm starting to see where Shifts town-read on Ban is coming from, his tone and attitude in his posts today scream town however his push towards VitamiR someone unlikely to be lynched or considered to be lynched today reads as slightly odd. I have a gut town read on VitamiR which reading back I cannot work out what it was caused by but his tone in his argument with Ban reads as town on town.

I honestly haven't seen much of Nautiulus during my read through so I'll make time tommorow to read through their posts however at the moment they're hovering between weak town, null and weak scum. Tarhalindurs invicitus vote on Gamma and refusal to elaborate into why he believes that Quilfords slot is scum despite overwhelming evidence of Quilford being town shoots up red flags everywhere and I'll make sure to allocate time to read into him as well.

Tldr:

Town:
Fate, Gamma, Ban, Benmage, VitamR, MoI
Null:
DGB, Nautiullus, Zach
Scum:
Tarh, The Illu, Gut.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Duplicity »

Gut wrote:I could've just claimed to be a gimmicky CES alt if I wanted to invoke the meta shield without revealing I was a hydra. I'm the posting head anyway. Not sure what the motive is for hiding it anyway if I were scum.

Reluctance to out specific head names isn't a scum-tell at all because it's generally decesion made prior to game start however reluctance to out if you're a hydra or not has no pro-town motivation whatsoever but allows scum to avoid the "You're two heads therefore able to provide extensive reads" argument that has the potential to be brought up.

I'll place my invidicus vote in the morning when I've had time to read into The Illu, Nautilus and Tarh though my Invicidus vote will likely be placed on one of these three. By for now:

Vote: Gut

This vote places Gut to L-1
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:52 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

VitaminR wrote:
Re-reading, Gut is obviously CES. And CES is exactly the kind of person who would "invoke meta shield" regardless of alignment.

It's 'No' because invoking a 'meta shield' isn't valid when the behavior Gut's slot is showing isn't a Meta Town tell.

CES plays very much like this as scum. So the slot doesn't suddenly stop being scummy because "hey, I'm CES".
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:54 am

Post by VitaminR »

But CES would do that as town too, was my point. Gut could still be scum, but I'm not as confident about it any more knowing that it's CES/chamber.
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:56 am

Post by Gut »

Duplicity wrote:Reluctance to out specific head names isn't a scum-tell at all because it's generally decesion made prior to game start however reluctance to out if you're a hydra or not has no pro-town motivation whatsoever but allows scum to avoid the "You're two heads therefore able to provide extensive reads" argument that has the potential to be brought up.

Haha, no. That kind of accusation is never going to be leveled against awesomely concise people like chamber and I.

MoI wrote:It's 'No' because invoking a 'meta shield' isn't valid when the behavior Gut's slot is showing isn't a Meta Town tell.

CES plays very much like this as scum. So the slot doesn't suddenly stop being scummy because "hey, I'm CES".

It's a meta null tell whereas people have been treating it as a scum tell, so yes I do very much stop being scummy. Do you want to put some actual thought into this or are you just going to go "No, I'm not giving up on this mislynch."?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:58 am

Gut wrote:It's a meta null tell whereas people have been treating it as a scum tell, so yes I do very much stop being scummy. Do you want to put some actual thought into this or are you just going to go "No, I'm not giving up on this mislynch."?

If it's meta Null then it isn't a pass out of your behavior this game, which is scummy.

If I can be bothered I can actually put together a case ... Fate's rampant douchebaggery has really killed my enthusiasm for this game.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:01 am

Post by Gut »

If it's meta null, that means it's null. This isn't hard.

Question for you, Duplicity: if you think I've been deliberately hiding my hydraness for some scummy reason, then why would I reveal it?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:32 am

MagnaofIllusion wrote:If I can be bothered I can actually put together a case ... Fate's rampant douchebaggery has really killed my enthusiasm for this game.

I got your back.

Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:12 am

DrippingGoofball wrote:
I got your back.

Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I feel there is a Kayne West / your avatar joke to be made here but can't come up with it.

Building now ...

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:29 am

Review of Gut’s ISO

First post is part of the RVS fun wagon on Fate.

Joins the Spyrex wagon 10 hours later supported by ‘Hunch’.

After Silavor hammers Spyrex makes the following post in reasons to Silavor’s “I was only following orders”

Gut ISO 2 wrote:You know who else were just following orders? Nazis.

SpyreX had better be scum, Fate. This totally undermines my "woo bandwagonning" meta-policy otherwise.

My question to Gut
– is this the first time you’ve ever seen “woo bandwagon” result in a lynch? Because having an established “meta-policy” of doing it I find it hard to believe to believe you’ve never seen a bad quick-lynch happen before.

Day 1 Ends Here

Gut ISO 3 wrote:You can't quickhammer Day 1 and then ask that question, silavor.

Vote: Tar
Invictus: silavor

Tar vote out of the blue while Invictusing Silavor. Note no interaction with Tar or even suggestions that Tar ‘feels’ off.

In ISO 5 they begin their ‘push’ on Zach for “weak sensory input” leading them to believe Zach is scum yet no appropriate vote follows.

ISOs 6 to 9 are basic fluffy questions.

ISO 10 he actually addresses a Town read and calls Fate Town for the “Invictus Plan”

Gut ISO 12 wrote:Don't see it myself, but I don't mind sheeping Fate et al. here.

Unvote, vote: MoI

So let’s see …

Sheeping Fate Day 1 supposedly undermined your “meta-policy” when Spyrex flipped Town.

Now suddenly Day 2 you are willing sheep him immediately again despite my name not having appeared anywhere in your ISO before this post (and having ostensibly ‘suspicion’ of Tarh, Zach and Silavor).

That 1-2 punch doesn't follow as a Town motivated thought process at all.

Gut wrote:It really shouldn't be that hard to figure out what my answer would be - hint: it'd consist of one word.

P.S. I totally bus as scum.

This is in response to my questioning his ‘Zach is scum’ statements.

The “I bus as scum” is useless WIFOMing …

Gut ISO 16 wrote:Scum: Illuminati, Zach, MoI, silavor

Well I know two of these are wrong. And suspect one more in Zach. Is Illuminati his 'bussed' buddy?

Also – what happened to Tar? His immediate vote at the start of the Day?

Day 2 Ends Here

So – what are my thoughts

He’s provided a total of 1 ‘Town’ read (on Fate, who is a complete sap for Buddying, so no surprise there) and ‘Scum’ reads or votes on Tarh, myself, Zach, Illuminiti and Town-Silavor.

I see no scum-hunting - no actual analysis of why anyone is scummy. So they are free to throw anyone other than Fate into their scum-pile at a moment’s notice whenever the wind blows.

None of this is really approaching the game from a Town perspective, IMO.

The coming alive when under fire and trying to use a Meta-shield is just the cherry on top.

The Illuminati
The Illuminati
Townie
The Illuminati
Townie
Townie

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:30 am

Post by The Illuminati »

Hey folks, there are people going all "invictus" on me and frankly, I'd like to know why. If are in fact treating Invictus like a second lynch, I'd like some reasoning besides DGB's "scumputer" so at least have something to refute.

MoI is almost painfully town. DGB is also town.
The sooner we lynch Gut, the better, in my opinion.
Fate is painful.

~Seraphim
Hydra of DemonHybrid (DH) and Seraphim (S, Sera)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Benmage »

Gut wrote:If it's meta null, that means it's null. This isn't hard.

Question for you, Duplicity: if you think I've been deliberately hiding my hydraness for some scummy reason, then why would I reveal it?

What's the town reasoning for revealing it?

Explain to me what you believe is the defining differences in your scum and town games
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:36 am

Post by Benmage »

I want Tar to return before any hammering too.... his scum stock is flying through the roof

Gut ought to claim too.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”