Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Incognito wrote:@Thor: I think one of your clears (a.k.a. camn) is a bad idea. I too think Yos is obvtown, and I think bvoigt looks pretty town too. What is it about her play that gives you a pro-town vibe? Have you ever played with her in a past game before?

I think this is my...third game with Camn? Maybe fourth - if Camn recalls more accurately she can certainly weigh in. I'm not virgin to Camn though.

Haylen wrote:
Thor wrote:The first part is me asking you to explain how I've made my slot scummy - no one else seemed to agree with you so you probably want to get it out in the open before I NK you.

WOAH! What do ya mean by this?

What do you think I mean? I mean I'm NKing ML for being annoying to me. Duh.

Haylen wrote:
Thor wrote: Incognito's opening double vote shenanigans suggest inside track knowledge.

Wasn't a night start. Why would you vote someone whom you thought was a tracker, anyway?

Because scum have inside track knowledge without it being a Night start.

Haylen wrote:My play gets better, the further into a game I get, it allows me to focus on less people hence why I was replacing into games for a bit. It served a purpose, I wanted to see if you were just sending jibes out instead of actually forming opinions.

And your conclusion after seeing that I was forming opinions and not just jabbing is that I'm not trustworthy?
Good to know there wasn't a town answer, amirite?
Look forward to your Incog review - a quick opinion on TMW would be apropos as well, just so you know.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by camn »

I claim town power.
I will not elaborate under any circumstances this game day.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Two votes really made you jumpy, didn't it?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by camn »

The deadline makes me jumpy.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Pine »

Let's go on the Incog lynch. If he flips scum as expected, I'll be looking hard at Lain. Looks like chainsawing and advocating any counter-wagon that looks like it'll move. Town protecting Town would work more on clearing Incog than just diverting votes and attention.

Long couple of days at work. Bear with me.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Mod
: I understand the need for finality, but is it possible to move the deadline back until Sunday (or some other time)? For this week each weekday I only have a few hours a night at home which doesn't allow me to devote the proper amount of time and energy for this game -- so at least a single weekend breather day would be nice. I feel like others may be in a similar position as me (Haylen, Pine come to mind based on their recent posts).

---

camn - Care to provide at least a name? Care to provide an explanation as to why that is all you'll give?

Pine - I'm not feeling the reasons camn provided for the Incog lynch. I laid out why I can't get behind the Incog lynch with just her post. Do you find my responses flawed in a way that would make me see my error or any addition reasoning beyond gut?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:23 am

Post by camn »

Crayons: my character is insignificant. I am The Band Leader. He was only in the movie for 2 seconds really, and I crumbed the name in my First post.
You see why I suspected that mass name claim would not be too revealing.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:48 am

Post by Incognito »

Why would a band leader that appears in the movie for only two seconds be a pro-town power role?

I'd like a full claim now along with any information received over the Night. Camn, I'm surprised that you of all people would soft-claim like that with only two votes.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

Incognito wrote:Why would a band leader that appears in the movie for only two seconds be a pro-town power role?

:?
Why would it be a scum fakeclaim/actual name?
Man, and Yos was working hard at selling you as town too.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Incognito »

I don't understand your question. How about we let camn answer though, eh?

I'd say the only thing that I can see in camn's favor is that if she's telling the truth about when she watched the movie (see her first few posts), her breadcrumb seems like it's probably legit because she couldn't have known a band leader was actually in the movie because she hadn't watched the movie yet.

That said, I'm still curious as to why an insignificant band leader would hold a town PR in this game and am even more curious as to what that PR could actually be. I could kinda see how Rotti Largo fits with being a Bodyguard, so I'm inclined to believe that the mod actually had a method to his madness when he was thinking up roles and fitting them to characters, so I wanna know how this so-called band leader might fit in with the mod's design.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:35 am

Post by Incognito »

With the deadline approaching, we really do need to do get a move on here. Here's the way the current lynch situation looks to me:

Possible me-lynch supporters: Pine, camn, Thor, Haylen, Trip
Possible Trip-lynch supporters: bvoigt, Yos2, me, Thor, Green Crayons
Most of the other people in this game don't seem to reach this five person threshold if I'm doing the numbers correctly.

Green Crayons is against my lynch, Medicated Lain is against my lynch, bvoigt is against my lynch, Yos2 is against my lynch which means that the majority can't be reached on me = this is a good thing. I'm kinda surprised by the situation actually; since I know I'm town, if any of the four people against my lynch were scum, I'd kinda think they'd find some kind of a reason to join my wagon for a deadline lynch unless they somehow think buddying up to me is still a profitable thing for them to do. Instead, they're all just voicing opinion against it still.

Because of that, I think the scum has a stronger chance of existing in the people supporting my lynch. I'm now especially leery of the two people who haven't really said jackshit all Day, but who suddenly begin chiming in saying they're ok lynching me just before the deadline hits (hint: Trip and Haylen). Since Trip is the next person who looks like he'd gain enough lynch support and he's looked pretty bad to me for most of the game anyway, I think he really probably IS the best lynch for Today.

So let's do this:

unvote, vote: TripMyWire

camn should still answer my question.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Camn seems really iffy right now, and I don't get why she claimed "power role" with two votes if she didn't want to claim today. That being said, we could wait a day on her, see what happens overnight, and get a full claim from her tommorow if she's still alive.

Incog is still pretty much obvtown. ML seems better to me then she did earlier, she's not acting like I would expect her to act is she was scum. I don't really get the votes on Pine, either. GC is more borderline, but he gets some town credit for going after battle mage on day 1.

Yeah, I'm going to stay on the Trip wagon for now. Not only does he looked connected to BM on day 1, I'm having trouble believing he's town at this point by process of elimination if nothing else.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Pine wrote:Let's go on the Incog lynch. If he flips scum as expected, I'll be looking hard at Lain. Looks like chainsawing and advocating any counter-wagon that looks like it'll move. Town protecting Town would work more on clearing Incog than just diverting votes and attention.

Long couple of days at work. Bear with me.

Pine, we're not lynching incog today. He's town. Find a better wagon.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

Unvote: Incog
Vote: TripMyWire

I'm not sure I'm sold on Incog town, but Yos is selling me enough that I'm fine with this.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by camn »

Incognito wrote:Why would a band leader that appears in the movie for only two seconds be a pro-town power role?

I'd like a full claim now along with any information received over the Night. Camn, I'm surprised that you of all people would soft-claim like that with only two votes.

No fullclaim for you. Not today. And if you really thought about it, you would know why. (I am glad you see my crumb! Half of it at least...). And trust me, if I had seen the movie ahead of time, I would have corrected Yosarian's first-post-misquote. But you are right to credit me with that level of deceptive ability :)
@ Yos: Me drawing the nightkill would be just fine, that's why. And I probably am not going to draw it on overwhelming towniness this game.. . . . however, my fullclaim wouldn't help the town at all.. and would just make the scum QT less full of WIFOM. Trust me, my play is optimal for the town, from where I am sitting.

Even though I am not feeling it, I am still willing to sheep Incog and Yosarian on the Trip wagon, for reasons previously stated. I would also like to point out that Fugitive and Haylen are a little low-profile for my tastes. Vig.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm Fugitive.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by camn »

Oops. First post fail.

I retract the Fugitive part!
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:38 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

Pine: I don't understand your logic. Why would incog turning out to be scum point to me being scummy? Unless you're following Camn's ridiculous claim that *good scum would stick to pointing out their partners every day,* which certainly seems stupid to me, and that you'd be willing to follow along such logic just makes you look even worse.
I don't see how people can think that Pine is town.

Thor: I didn't understand your reads at all. We see opposite on about everything, and that is generally something I've seen in scum trends when I'm town. Now that you've explained that you actually know Camn's play from other games, I find it a little less concerning..

I will choose to vote in the way of pine, in case anyone wants to join in another wagon! You folk talk a lot about how scummy Trip is, but doesn't the lack of play in general say anything? It's not like he's following along on votes or anything, I can see a case for either way, but my instinct says not to vote trip right now.
unvote, vote: pine

Camn: you may be off the hook for right now, but I've got my surgically enhanced eye on you.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

Medicated Lain wrote:Thor: I didn't understand your reads at all. We see opposite on about everything, and that is generally something I've seen in scum trends when I'm town. Now that you've explained that you actually know Camn's play from other games, I find it a little less concerning..

:?
Why? If backwards reads is a scumtell, how does me saying 'played with Camn before' somehow ease off the tell of backwards reads? At the most it might help explain my backward Camn read - but why would it explain the others?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:48 am

Post by bvoigt »

Prod dodge. I'm still happy with a Trip lynch.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Thor665 »

@bvoigt - who's your second top scum read currently?
Adding in some 'why' would be appreciated but isn't needed.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:19 am

Post by bvoigt »

Pine...you can see the "why" in most of my recent posts.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

I would like to point out, that barring a *brilliant* insight from the Pine wagon, we're going to lynch TMW today or we're going to no lynch. I don't mind being spared some wasted time and pages, someone should probably just speed lynch him. Claims are for wimps.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

Well, I won't be a part of it.

About Camn: I've never played with her before, I've never played with anyone here except trip and yos. The fact that you've played with her before suggests that you may have a better feel on her character than me. So it's something I wouldn't call any defining point.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Haylen »

@ Thor - I need to say this now because otherwise it's going to be effecting me all game. My latest interactions with you on site have shown me you're being a bit of an arrogant twit. Tone it down, or I swear to the gods I will explode and it wont be pretty. I don't like arrogance, it's my least desirable trait in a person and most likely to make me angry at them.

Crayons wrote:Mod: I understand the need for finality, but is it possible to move the deadline back until Sunday (or some other time)? For this week each weekday I only have a few hours a night at home which doesn't allow me to devote the proper amount of time and energy for this game -- so at least a single weekend breather day would be nice. I feel like others may be in a similar position as me (Haylen, Pine come to mind based on their recent posts).

I second this, please!

I'm seeing town on Crayons right now. Say Incog or Trip were mislynches, they're both so close to being lynched right now that scum wouldn't want the deadline to be pushed back.

I would support an Incog or a Bvoigt lynch today. I want to see more of camn, although I do not like her early claim and then refusing to full claim. I'm not really sure how I feel about Yos, right now, could lean either way really.

Incog wrote:I'm now especially leery of the two people who haven't really said jackshit all Day, but who suddenly begin chiming in saying they're ok lynching me just before the deadline hits

Has me wanting to lynch you yesterday completely slipped your mind?

I'm NOT willing to vote Trip until I've caught up properly and did an iso of him ect.

Vote Bvoigt

Prod dodge? Not even an attempt at being useful?
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”