MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:59 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Shadow Dancer wrote:There's a (minor) possibility that only you got that "mourning" PM, kind of as hidden weak lover attribute, Aphrodite having been your wife...

What was chess' latest claim on his super - does it work for one or for two nights?

Concerning night kill speculation I think looking at all the blocks and protects of all the three scum-kill-free nights could give us a really good picture of the possible last scum - tomorrow!

Chess's last claim was that it only worked 1 night. The flavor text of my PM seems to back this up.

I don't see it being a Lovers style 'hidden' mechanics given the way this game has been structured. LC can confirm the PM style.

Yes, I don't want to get too deep into deliberations today. I still retain my Jailkeep and Bodyguard items which I can use one of tonight.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:08 am

Post by LordChronos »

What Magna has claimed matches what I got exactly. The instant Day ended I received a PM from Charon with that flavor telling me I was roleblocked.
I'm a talking computer.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:11 am

Post by ooba »

I've already highlighted who I think the last two scum are from D4. You can ISO me for my cases on Nacho~AGM & probable setup and scum night actions ..

If Nacho flips scum
- SD blocks AGM
- I protect SD
- Magna bodyguards one of Iece with 50% probability and whoever he thinks is non-scum in LC\Me with 50% probability
- Iece\LC actions are not relevant anymore but would prefer Iece cop me so that I can try to figure out this last secret before the mod reveal
In the unlikely event that LC is scum, it puts him at a 1:1 with me with respect to being Nacho's partner if he chooses to kill. He can choose to no-kill to put suspicion on AGM. Also if he kills, he cannot kill SD and there is a 50% chance of hitting Magna if he tries to hit Iece or Me.

If Nacho flips town
- Pick your choice for two scumpartners in {AGM,Me,LC} to block right now amongst Magna, SD
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:30 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Yes, I don't want to get too deep into deliberations today. I still retain my Jailkeep and Bodyguard items which I can use one of tonight.

Use your Jailkeep first... This game might drag out to a stalling PoE state and bodyguard is inferior in every aspect and shoukd really be the last resort. But using it is definitely better than not, given your hated status.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:42 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

VOTE: Nacho

A excessively long Day today is not going to be beneficial, IMO.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:46 am

Post by ooba »

Right but going into the night without a plan is definitely not going to be beneficial ..

ooba wrote:If Nacho flips scum
- SD blocks AGM
- I protect SD
- Magna bodyguards one of Iece with 50% probability and whoever he thinks is non-scum in LC\Me with 50% probability
- Iece\LC actions are not relevant anymore but would prefer Iece cop me so that I can try to figure out this last secret before the mod reveal
In the unlikely event that LC is scum, it puts him at a 1:1 with me with respect to being Nacho's partner if he chooses to kill. He can choose to no-kill to put suspicion on AGM. Also if he kills, he cannot kill SD and there is a 50% chance of hitting Magna if he tries to hit Iece or Me.

If Nacho flips town
- Pick your choice for two scumpartners in {AGM,Me,LC} to block right now amongst Magna, SD
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Shadowmod »

Sounds OK. I don't think we can get out more of it, anyway, this game has now entirely boiled down to WIFOM wars between remaining scum and all the town blocking/protection roles still around.
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Current Games in Progress:
Mostly Flavoured Newbie 1692 NEWBIE 1693
Tag, Link and Length Restrictions on Signatures Are Annoying!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:31 am

Post by ooba »

If Nacho flips town

Have to decide on this part now. I know I'm town so my vote is for
- SD block AGM
- Magna block LC
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Shadowmod wrote:Sounds OK. I don't think we can get out more of it, anyway, this game has now entirely boiled down to WIFOM wars between remaining scum and all the town blocking/protection roles still around.

Sorry, wrong account.

@ooba: Any reason why you are still withholding your vote?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:33 am

Post by ooba »

Because part of the plan is still undecided and it's stupid to go into a night without it ..
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Let's optimize this (damn, my calculator went broken, I hate this pitiful windows-toy :( )

For symmetry reasons a=c=1-o
and equal overall block porbability o²+2oc-c=0 => o= (3-51/2)/2
==> o=~38%, a=c=~62%

Who doesn't understand this: If I block ooba with 38% probability and Alma with 62% and Magna blocks Chronos with 62% and ooba with 38% we end up with every one being jailed with 62% probability with the only detriment of ~16% chance that ooba is double blocked.
(all names are interchangeble, of course)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:33 am

Post by ooba »

Also regarding Iece analysis, the best theory I've been able to come up with is that
- His first result was pre-fixed as Lord Jesus Christ" so that we'd think it's useless
- Rest of the results based on Final Fantasy status as a boss or summon. Townie's get summon results. Scum get Boss results.

Nacho - Chac (Boss, Mayan Mythology)

Chronopie - Shiva (Summon, Hindu Mythology)
LC - Quetzalcoatl (Summon, Aztec Mythology)
Chess - Thor - Ixion (Summon with overdrive as "Thor's hammer", Norse Mythology) - Sort of a force fit - Thor is a low level villain too - But needing many town results means some summons had to be force fit

Anyway thought I should publish the rest of my results-expected alignment sheet according to the theory in case I die. Whatever Iece's result is - just run it past the final fantasy wiki to see if you get a hit ..

Scum
Ahriman (Boss, Persian mythology)
Ralvuimago (Boss, African mythology - Rain god - Raluvimbha)

Tiamat (Boss\Summon, Babylonian Myth) - Could be both scum\Town

Town
Ashura (Summon, Hindu Mythology - God of flame)
Freyja (Playable Character (Freya), Norse Mythology - Goddess of Love)
Gilgamesh (Summon\Villian amongst other things, Sumerian Mythology - Demigod)
Indra\Rama\Ramuh (Summon, Hindu Mythology)
Lakshmi (Summon, Hindu Mythology)
Odin (Summon, Norse Mythology)
Raiden (Summon, Japanese Mythology - God of Thunder)
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3137 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Yes, ooba, certainly, because deeper final fantasy knowledge was absolutely preconditional for joyning this game @_@
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:22 am

Post by ooba »

Shadow Dancer wrote:Yes, ooba, certainly, because deeper final fantasy knowledge was absolutely preconditional for joyning this game @_@
I've only played FFX so don't have a deep knowledge of the series .. This is what I got from reverse wiki'ing and googling the results .. This is probably the only thing it can be if it is not totally random ..

Final Plan wrote:If Nacho flips scum
- SD blocks AGM
- I protect SD
- Iece\LC actions are not relevant anymore but would prefer Iece cop me

If Nacho flips town
- SD blocks AGM,ooba in {62,38}
- Magna blocks ooba,LC in {38,62}
- Iece inspects Magna

Vote:Nacho
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

?! I think no matter what Nacho flips we better random jailkeep as I said anyway. I cannot see wherein lies the difference whether Nacho flips scum or town. If the game doesn't end with that lynch the last scum(s) is/are likely among {ooba, Alma, Chron} and there's little benefit in protecting either Magna or Iec as things are. ooba protects me (if he isn't blocked).

Alternative numbers: 71% Alma(I)/Chronos(Magna) / 29%ooba -> 71% for each Alma/Chronos block, 50% chance for each ooba/Shadow protect, ~8.6% off-chance of ooba double block (with the other numbers I endup only 38% protected, i.e. a good shot as scum kill).

If I (or Magna) nontheless end up as corpse Chronos' contact power might provide a means to find out about our night action later.

I wonder what will happen to my underworld QT access after Nacho's death... Maybe I die with him anyway :(
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:23 am

Post by ooba »

I am not going to agree to any plan which involves not blocking AGM 100% if Nacho is scum.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

If you are
that
sure that AGM is Nacho's only possible partner you shouldn't mind at all because it's Nacho today, Alma tomorrow, GG horay and even the worst plan couldn't stop it.
Charon
Charon
Goon
Charon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Charon »

The Official Vote Count

Nachomamma8 [3]
- Shadow Dancer, MagnaofIllusion, ooba

Not Voting [4]
- Iecerint, LordChronos, Nachomamma8, AlmasterGM

With 7 votes in play it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Friday, July 22nd, at 8:00pm PST.
Last edited by Charon on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

HAMMER! HAMMER! HAMMER! HAMMER! HAMMER! HAMMER! HAMMER! HAMMER! HAMMER! HAMMER! HAMMER! HAMMER! HAMMER! HAMMER! HAMMER!
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:51 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

DONT PROD ME BRO

Vote: nacho

JUSTICE
Charon
Charon
Goon
Charon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Charon »

<3 you too AGM.
Charon
Charon
Goon
Charon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Charon »

The Official Vote Count

Nachomamma8 [4]
- Shadow Dancer, MagnaofIllusion, ooba, AlmasterGM

Not Voting [3]
- Iecerint, LordChronos, Nachomamma8

With 7 votes in play it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Friday, July 22nd, at 8:00pm PST.

That's a lynch.
Modscene forthcoming.
Don't panic[k].
Charon
Charon
Goon
Charon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Charon »

Nachomamma8 didn't say much. His wife had been slain days before by another's hand, and his plans seemed to fall to dust around him- just like her. "I have no quarrel with you." he said. "I want Persephone's killer punished."

"Yes, but we don't think
you
are one of
us
." one of the entourage replied.

"Really now?" Nachomamma8 said. "Then I take it you can do this?" With a wave of his hand the ground tore out from under him, and the souls of the dead dieties appeared now in front of them- Greek, Egyptian, some from ages before their time.

"Then bring them back!" one of you cried. "For their sake bring them back!"

Nachomamma8's smile disappeared. "I would... if I could..."

"So you're not as powerful as you let on." a third said.

"IF I COULD BRING HER BACK I WOULD!" Nacho raged. "I LOVED HER. IT WAS ZEUS WHO GAVE ME THIS HELLISH POWER DOWN HERE."

"I've had enough of his lies and deceit- no true Greek would raise a hand against another." a fourth said.

"Funny," Nacho said. "And I thought brothers would never damn another." Nacho spread his arms. "Well then, come at me. Let's see how the 'true' Olympians commit fratricide."

The ever-shrinking assembly charged Nachomamma8, bound him, and dragged him to the chopping-block. As the executioner lifted the axe to behead Nacho, the condemned man, Lord of the Damned, loosed all his anger and rage and hatred, screaming out "ZEUS DAMN YOUUUU!"

As the axe severed the head of Nachomamma8 from his body, his lifeblood bled out black- like the soul they said he had.

4. Nachomamma8, Hades, Greek God of The Underworld (Conditionally Aligned with the Greek Pantheon), Lynched Day Six!

It is now Night Six. Night Actions are due to me by Friday, July 15th, at 4:00pm.
Charon
Charon
Goon
Charon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Charon »

Hades was dead.

Zeus was dead.

And as you gather for the morning
coffee
lynching you find
Shadow Dancer
lying face-down in the central fountain.

Poseidon, last of the three brothers, was dead.

5. Shadow Dancer, Poseidon, Greek God of The Sea and Earthquakes (Aligned with the Greek Pantheon), Embalmed N6!

The earth trembled, uncontrolled by its glorious lord. Mountains fell into the seas, valleys rose into the skies, and oceans swarmed over cities with a wrath new to humankind.

The gods were dying.

Who would control the earth when they were gone?

It is now Day Seven. With 5 votes in play it takes 3 to lynch.
Deadline is Friday, July 29th, at 4:00pm PST.
Last edited by Charon on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charon
Charon
Goon
Charon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3149 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Charon »

The Official Vote Count

Not Voting [5]
- Iecerint, LordChronos, MagnaofIllusion, ooba, AlmasterGM

With 5 votes in play it takes 3 to lynch. Deadline is Friday, July 29nd, at 4:00pm PST.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”