MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by MrBump »

I'm failing to see what updates I need, the OP quite clearly says who's been replaced where, but I'll say it again for handiness =P

Pacman replaced jakesh97.
silverbullet replaced LittleGrey.
chkflip replaces swankedelic.
coventry replaced Pacman.
And no one replaced Quilford, I'm still unsure if he needs a replacement. The deadline is on the 18th. If you need any other info, don't hesitate to ask!

If the Votals are wrong, I apologise, and I will fix them ASAP. It's actually the 12th of July, which is a day of celebrating Protestant culture in Northern Ireland, so even though I am violently opposed to the celebration I'll have to help with it. You all just carry on without me, the game should be up to date with its replacements now =D

Vote Count 1.09

andrew94 - 1
(zMuffinMan)
Quilford - 2
(coventry, DarkFlashlight)
Glowball - 1
(andrew94)
LittleGrey - 1
(Amrun)
jakesh97 - 1
(silverbullet)
neil1333 - 1
(Quilford)

Not Voting:
neil1113, Hoopla, Oversoul, chkflip

With twelve alive, it takes
seven
to lynch! The deadline is on the 18th of July at 16:47 GMT!
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Amrun »

I say 2 in the lynch pool.

silver, WHY do you suspect me?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Amrun »

Go ahead and explain your glowball suspicion too, though that is a little more obvious.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:24 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

@mod V/LA til friday

sowwiz
... People were right it seems....
DarkFlashlight
DarkFlashlight
Goon
DarkFlashlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:27 am

Post by DarkFlashlight »

Are we set to start the volunteerism in the lynch pool? Even if we decide to go with three later for some reason, someone can just switch pools. I don't see the damage that would do.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Amrun »

Yes.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I would like to see Neil in the lynch pool if possible. Maybe Andrew.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by neil1113 »

Oversoul wrote:I would like to see Neil in the lynch pool if possible.

Why? What would my lynch give, given the circumstance that I'm town to other people that are in this game?
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Can we just get two volunteers already? Stop chatting and start doing. Bored of this crap.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by Oversoul »

neil1113 wrote:
Oversoul wrote:I would like to see Neil in the lynch pool if possible.

Why? What would my lynch give, given the circumstance that I'm town to other people that are in this game?

Fine. -.-
Coventry
Coventry
Townie
Coventry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Coventry »

Hello again, everyone. This was quite an interesting read.

I’m a little nonplussed at the moment because when I replace into a game it has always been my habit to ask almost everyone a lot of questions about their various actions to that point. I’m afraid though that at this juncture in this game that might prove more of a distraction than a help. I would still like to ask those questions if it’s all right with everyone, but I’ll wait until the mechanics are settled and everyone is placed in their pools before I do.

I’ll limit this to some questions and concerns that I have about those mechanics. It will still likely become a wall, but if it threatens to get too long I will break this up into multiple posts.

First. About the two pools.

Hi, Oversoul. I wouldn’t speculate anymore on who we might prefer go into the pool. If someone is called out to jump into the lynch pool and refuses and they are scum, well that’s fine. But if they refuse and they aren’t scum….

I don’t like the notion of 6 people in the vig pool and 2 in the lynch pool. Yes, having six people in the vig pool gives the vig more cover. But it’s a two-edged sword, and it also makes it more likely that the vig misses.

With this mechanism in place we are very dependent on the Vig in this game. And that leads me to something I found terribly disturbing in my read-through.

Amrun wrote:As I've said several times, I'm not going to waste my life making cases until the lynchpool is decided. I will and have stated my reads before then, but convincing everyone else of their validity is a futile gesture at this juncture.

This really bothers me because why should this matter? If you think you've found scum in the vig pool shouldn’t you also pursue your case there? Because the vig isn’t going to operate in a vacuum. Yes, the Vig will make the final decision on whom the trigger will be pulled. But shouldn't we all be working on identifying scum in the vig pool as well?

Lastly, it seems foolish to me to pursue the counter claiming scum at this point. We have a scum in hand here, whoever it is. And since the bad guys seem to have little choice but to take their shots at these power roles our odds of taking out the right claimant go up with each passing day. And not just because there will be fewer claimants. Because we'll have additional time to observe them.

Anyway, those are my thoughts to this point on the set-up.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Two volunteers for the lynch pool, please. No further discussion until it happens. I don't care who volunteers and who doesn't, just do it in your next post, please.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Post by Hoopla »

*shrug*

I'll volunteer.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Post by andrew94 »

i volunteer.
i guess hoopla looks pro town
unvote vote andrew
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Post by Hoopla »

lol.
DarkFlashlight
DarkFlashlight
Goon
DarkFlashlight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:45 am

Post by DarkFlashlight »

So...

Lynch Pool:

Hoopla
Andrew

Vig Pool:

Chk (Swank)
Darkie
Neil
Amrun
Quilford
Coventry (Pac (Jake))

PR's:

Glowball
Muffin
Oversoul
Silver (LittleGrey)

The order we lynch the two in the lynch pool really doesn't matter, we're not gonna hit MYLO before both of them are gone; what we need to discuss is who the vig should kill, making sure that we throw out at least two main options every night, because if basically everyone is settled on one person, and that person isn't the vigkill, it makes who the vig is pretty obvious.

Also, what are we doing with Hider? We had a long talk about that, but I can't remember the outcome, I don't think there was one.

UNVOTE: Quilford
VOTE: Andrew
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Amrun »

Coventry, I never said we shouldn't look for scum in the vig pool. At that point, though, we hadn't even had PR claims - AND I said who I thought was scum, too. I just wasn't going to spend an hour making a case on them just yet.

I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:01 am

Post by glowball »

DarkFlashlight wrote:So...

Lynch Pool:

Hoopla
Andrew

Vig Pool:

Chk (Swank)
Darkie
Neil
Amrun
Quilford
Coventry (Pac (Jake))

PR's:

Glowball
Muffin
Oversoul
Silver (LittleGrey)

The order we lynch the two in the lynch pool really doesn't matter, we're not gonna hit MYLO before both of them are gone; what we need to discuss is who the vig should kill, making sure that we throw out at least two main options every night, because if basically everyone is settled on one person, and that person isn't the vigkill, it makes who the vig is pretty obvious.

Also, what are we doing with Hider? We had a long talk about that, but I can't remember the outcome, I don't think there was one.

UNVOTE: Quilford

I'd prefer we didn't discuss any FINAL decisions and leave those up to the respective PR...I mean if the hider says where he is going to hide scum can kill 2 townies or manipulate and try to WIFOM with a framing claim. It just gets sticky so I just suggest that the hider does what feels best keeping in mind that if the person you hide behind dies you die too, and if you hide behind scum you die. Scum will probably target PRs, and the vig is shooting in the vig pool...just choose wisely.

btw...why no love for Andrew? VOTE: Hoopla
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Unvote

OK.

I have some thoughts on this.

First off, though, I want to hear whether people think this is two townies in the lynch pool.

I personally think it is.

Which is why I want to suggest this...

One person from the vig-pool volunteers themselves, we lynch them today, no questions asked.
neil1113
neil1113
Mafia Scum
neil1113
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by neil1113 »

zMuffinMan wrote:
Unvote

OK.

I have some thoughts on this.

First off, though, I want to hear whether people think this is two townies in the lynch pool.

I personally think it is.

Which is why I want to suggest this...

One person from the vig-pool volunteers themselves, we lynch them today, no questions asked.

First bolded I understood your point, you don't want a lynch between the two because they are both likely to be townies. But then you ask someone from the vig-pool to volunteer themselves, which if scum were to do that it'd be playing against their win con... So in turn, we'd have now outed both Andrew and Hoopla as confirmed town (or, more confirmed town then others I should say) and whoever the third person that volunteers themselves, except this time we'll lynch this townie. To who would this benefit Muffin? I don't see how it would help town at all.
Show
Total Games Played:

Last Editted:
9-29-11

Spoiler: My Record for Mafiascum.net
#1. 5-2 Scum
#2. 3-6 Town
#3. 0-1 3rd Party
Archaebob
-
Hats off to Neil for some incredible town play.

Me=Weird
-
When I read up, I was just amazed by neil. Awesome reads.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Because it keeps two nigh conf-town alive while killing off someone who may be gambiting scum volunteering themselves because they think I'm not serious and it'll make them seem like town sacrificing themselves for the cause.

Think about it like this. If you think hoopla and andrew are town, why vote one of them? Why not vote a third person and keep two likely town players alive?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Also this doesn't really mess up the plan in any way, either. The vig pool would still be diluted, we'd just be increasing the lynch pool and keeping two likely town players in the lynch pool alive.

Return to “Completed Open Games”