Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:22 am

Post by Primate »

Yep. Primarily I feel a little bit behind. Secondly that was a read from thursday, and Mina's defence since looks spirited, and I normally associate that with town. It's tempting to vote Esp, but if I put my vote there all it would really be is a compromise whilst I come to an opinion on Mina.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:28 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Primate, you also posited that CES was scum. Any reason you dropped him out of contention for your vote in that post?
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:36 am

Post by Primate »

He's the one I think most likely to be town. I thought I'd said that, sorry. I'd expect him to be more aggressive as scum, mainly. Also his flip on Jahudo gained points. His inclusion in the list was mostly because I think he's the worse than pinkie pie and I'm dubious about anyone else being scum.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:38 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

For the record, my memory on Mina bolstering my own scum-claim from
A Game of Thrones
was not faulty. For a brief summary, my predecessor had claimed Sandor Clegane, a “bad” character from the series. (This was an incredibly stupid claim not only because Sandor Clegane is a bad character, but also because it
Mina
was in fact Sandor Clegane).

After a mass-claim of names on Day One, Mina posted this:

Mina, Post 204 in AGoT wrote:I'm also surprised that a few of the players have evil names like Theon Greyjoy and Sandor Clegane.
Meh. I don't feel comfortable scumhunting based on outguessing the mod.

Essentially subtly protecting my predecessor. And later, after I replaced in as Confucius:
Mina, Post 614 in AGoT wrote:(Of course, it does imply that you aren't using a fakeclaim, if you're being honest about your kill flavour. I'll admit it's a point in your favour--like Confucius' Sandor Clegane, your name is so evil that I almost can't believe you'd be evil!)

Mina, Post 638 in AGoT wrote:(I remember I had a WTF reaction to Flutter claiming that a cop shouldn't counterclaim Button because "there might be two investigation roles." But in hindsight, it must have been a breadcrumb. I suppose it bolsters Confucius's claim.)

Definitely considering a Jahudo-Mina partnership at this point.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:42 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Djelibeybi wrote:It is nevertheless there. Though after looking back, I agree it looks worse for Mina than it does for you.

I think it looks worse for me, although in my case it requires Jahudotown.

Djelibeybi wrote:While you're here, and while we're on the subject, do you think Mina's opinion on the topic seems off at all?

Somewhat. I even considered mentioning it.

Djelibeybi wrote:Because what gets me is the fact that she makes a single conjecture based off limited knowledge of the show, and then promptly (and with great exaggeration) dismisses it, all to support Jahudo's claim.

But I don't think it really supports Jahudo's claim all that much. It's more of a "Look, I'm thinking about this claim skeptically." vibe.

Djelibeybi wrote:Another reason I don't like this post is it seems very reminiscent of what Mina and I pulled off as scum together in AGoT, although I will have to check that game to see if she actually did this sort of thing in the game-thread instead of simply thinking of ways to support scum-claims in the scum QT.

I would think a tendency to think about role names would be independent of alignment.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:50 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:It's more of a "Look, I'm thinking about this claim skeptically." vibe.

This is
exactly
my point. It looks like Mina is put on an air of skepticism, only to come to the conclusion that Jahudo is probably telling the truth. Why? Because she comes up with a single example, and then dismisses it ("nah, that's a bit of a stretch"). This is entirely like the post I quoted above where she basically expresses some skepticism over players claiming "evil" characters, but then immediately follows it up with "but I'm not comfortable outguessing the mod."

In other words, if she is partnered with Jahudo, her post might get Townspeople to follow that exact same process -- of being cursorily skeptical, only to dismiss the skepticism offhand.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Eh, a bit too convoluted to be likely in my estimation.

Mina, would you do something like that to defend a partner.

Djelibeybi, do you think I'm town?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:03 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

You're essentially back to a null read for me at this point. You haven't done anything that looks particularly Town, and chesskid3 only looked Townish for the first four pages or so before he dropped off into obscurity.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Day 2, Votecount #4- thy mod is tipsy votecount

Mina:
hohum, Pinkie Pie,
GlaDOS
, Jahudo(L-3)
Fluttershy:
InHimshallibe, Cogito Ergo Sum (L-4)
Espeonage:
Mina, GlaDOS (L-4)

Not Voting:
Eseponage, Fluttershy, Ojanen, Primate,
Jahudo

Day 2 deadlineDeadline is (expired on 2011-07-18 11:30:00) which is the 18th of July at 11:30am EST.

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Jahudo »

I thought hohum's plan was to pick one of {hohum, primate, ojanen} and then one other person? Not two from that first group. I will do it today but I'm waiting until later so I accidentally don't pick one person we end up lynching. So it would be a good idea to ask me if I'm ready before we hammer.
--------------------
I forgot to show my neighbor breadcrumb when I claimed. It is easier for me to remember all those sun and moon jokes I made for fun.
Jahudo wrote:Softclaiming a character claim =/= softclaiming useful information, except in the rare occasion when a theme game has a role that involves a specific other character (ex: "You are Snips, each night you can target someone to see if they are Snails. If they are, you become neighbors") Other than that I don't see how softclaiming one's character affects the game in the slightest.
I had to change the mechanics of my role to fit the point I was trying to make, but I purposely chose to talk about a neighborizer when I was commenting on softclaiming useful information.
---------------------
I realize saying that I'm going to pressure vote is dumb and I did so reluctantly, but I felt like I was just waiting on people otherwise. I thought going into this game I wouldn't have to do that, but I didn't account for the need to feel like I'm trying every avenue of scumhunting to get to better reads.
-----------------------
Espy weighed in on jahudo vs inhim by voting me but I didn't read that as a concession vote. inHim had 3 votes at the time and I had 5. I think there was enough people off those two wagons (five) and enough time left on the clock (46 hours I think?) to be voting someone you thought was scum. My issue with him is not that he made that choice, but that after making that choice he lurked instead of arguing for his preference while the decision was still up in the air.
-----------------------
Mina, you more or less said hohum looked town in spite of his inHim case, which gave you a kneejerk reaction in favor of inHim. That's where I got the impression you had inHim on the positive side of neutral. What exactly were you looking at when you read hohum's inHim case? Did you just not like his approach to finding inHim suspicious?
And I figured you were just keeping your vote on until you switched to another vote. I've seen people who just can't stand to be in the unvoting column ever. Its not an interesting or important theory, just something I didn't feel like stepping on your toes by giving a possible answer.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Jahudo, I am going to re-ask you to explain this quote:

Jahudo, Post 317 wrote:I have an idea of why Mina as town would still be voting someone she has a town read on. I'd like to see why she did before I say what it is.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by hohum »

Jahudo wrote:I thought hohum's plan was to pick one of {hohum, primate, ojanen} and then one other person?
Not two from that first group.
I will do it today but I'm waiting until later so I accidentally don't pick one person we end up lynching. So it would be a good idea to ask me if I'm ready before we hammer.

You are correct in your interpretation.
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Pinkie Pie »

Hi.

Why is Mina still alive?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by hohum »

Pinkie Pie wrote:Hi.

Why is Mina still alive?

Hi. Read the fucking thread. I asked you a question.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:15 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

GLaDOS wrote:... Processing ...

Espeonage, I just took the liberty of checking your post history. It seems you like to play Hangman. Why, you've made almost 50 posts in the Hangman thread just today.

I like hangman, too.

Unvote: Mina, Vote: Espeonage
. I agree with hohum. Play the game, or replace out. If you have time to post on mafiascum, but at the expense of your
actual
games, then you should not be playing.

I find this convincingly null, tbh. Replacement before lynch.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:22 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

GLaDOS wrote:
1.)
inHimshallibe, do you
actually
believe (and adhere to) this?:

inHimshallibe, Post 149 wrote:
If I think someone is scum,
I'm going to encourage voting him,
for whatever reason someone wants to give. After we lynch the scum we can sort the reasons out.

If so, why?

The pink holds the answer. The why is because I always agree to take what bussing scum give you. So vote the bussed partner, get your advantage for town, and then sort out who was doing the bussing/was being legit.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:26 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

My vote on Espeonage was actually an attempt to get him to play the game more than it was an attempt to lynch him. Obviously it wasn't altogether successful.

What is your opinion of Mina, and why?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:54 am

Post by Jahudo »

@Katsuki: Do you remember any games where you lurked a lot? I keep finding your more active games and its hard to compare. Though its been fun to read all your interaction with fate.

GLaDOS wrote:... Processing ...

Jahudo, I am going to re-ask you to explain this quote:

Jahudo, Post 317 wrote:I have an idea of why Mina as town would still be voting someone she has a town read on. I'd like to see why she did before I say what it is.

I just answered it are you asking me to re-word it or you didn't see this?:
Jahudo wrote:And I figured you were just keeping your vote on until you switched to another vote. I've seen people who just can't stand to be in the unvoting column ever. Its not an interesting or important theory, just something I didn't feel like stepping on your toes by giving a possible answer.
Basically I've seen players use that rationale as town even though it exaggerates the confidence they have in their vote. The difference between town and scum using this excuse is that town should work to change their vote in a timely manner, because they should feel motivated to put their vote where they want it.

If Mina really thought inHim was town, or more on the positive side of neutral, AND it can be argued that she had the information to place a good vote late day 1, then I think she looks scummy.

I think the first part is possible because of how she characterized inHim in relation to hohum so I'm trying to sort out any other possibilities there. She now mentions that it seemed like a good idea to keep the pressure on inHim but that doesn't sound right when at the same time she was criticizing hohum's case on inHim.

I am also concerned she had a better grasp on the Jahudo/inHim argument than she let on, because her opinion hasn't really changed besides adding in the details. She characterizes it now as a tunnel wagon and blowing things out of proportion, that it was a distraction. But she seemed to also have that opinion back on day 1 when she called it bickering and wanted to smack us both. That seemed to indicate she didn't think she would find anything important, but that was the main thing holding her back from changing a vote to someone she was already calling suspicious like Espy or maybe either Fluttershy or Equinox.

So my vote isn't pressure anymore, it's serious.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:10 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

@GLaDOS:
Less scummy than Fluttershy, for sure. I will not be upset with her departure from Equestria, and will aid the cause if we are stalled. I don't feel that any of her contributions are really useful; I may be attributing this to how far behind it feels she is when she catches up, but at the most I feel it's catch up work and not game progress advancement work. (lolheymina, feel free to OMGUS).
Show

:

Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:28 am

Fluttershy has failed to pick up his prod. He will be replaced. If he posts before I find a replacement he can keep his spot

Espeonage is V/la, so is not due a prod.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:37 pm

LobsterCatapult replaces Fluttershy! Have the magic of mod friendship!
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Pinkie Pie »

Jahudo wrote:@Katsuki: Do you remember any games where you lurked a lot? I keep finding your more active games and its hard to compare. Though its been fun to read all your interaction with fate.

Eh. I have a rather known reputation as a lurker, there should be numerous games out there of me lurking...

One off the top of my head is Return to Liten mafia (hydra of me + MPR again). Same stuff that game - I lurked, MPR flaked.

OOT mafia I lurked through most of the game, though that was because I was a mason with daytalk.

Best bet would be just to skim through all my games, you're bound to find a lot where I lurked.
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Pinkie Pie »

hohum wrote:
Pinkie Pie wrote:Hi.

Why is Mina still alive?

Hi. Read the fucking thread. I asked you a question.

/notgonnahappenatthispoint

State the question.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Show

:

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by hohum »

I wouldn't be shocked if it turned out that Pinkie is bussing Mina right now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”