petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Two: Vote Count #5

5 DrippingGoofball (iamausername, kunkstar7, imaginality, Ranmaru, Amrun)
5 WeyounsLastClone (Amrun, Empking, iamausername, Crazy, smallpeoples343)
2 kunkstar7 (smallpeoples343, Ranmaru)
2 RedCoyote (Empking, Ellibereth)
2 smallpeoples343 (RedCoyote, imaginality)
1 Ameliaslay (RedCoyote)
1 Crazy (kunkstar7)
1 Ranmaru (WeyounsLastClone)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. Deadline is July 20 at 5:00 PM PDT.

Not Voting – 2 – Ameliaslay, DrippingGoofball

Mod Note #1
: Post #697 has been treated a complete unvote (i.e., an nonspecific unvote will unvote every player you are voting). Please remember: I will always enforce the rules of this game strictly. Clarifying your unvote later is not enough – you actually have to go through the motions of revoting the player you unintentionally unvoted if you want me to acknowledge it.

Mod Note #2
: I normally do not disclose whether a player has picked up a prod. However, I will make an exception because in this particular case I have actually gone beyond simply prodding. Ameliaslay has
not
yet picked up her prod, and I suspect it is because her wedding is this weekend. I know her in real life, and I am therefore trying various routes to contact her to determine if she will have time to continue playing this game, or if a replacement will be preferable.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

HONEST CITIZENS

DrippingGoofball
WeyounsLastClone
imaginality
Crazy
Amrun
iamausername

PERSONS OF INTEREST

Ellibereth > not liking psyduck impersonation
Empking > slippery
smallpeoples343 > scummy nO0b

IN CUSTODY

Ranmaru > chronic fence-sitter, pushes other players, asking-too-many-questions scumtell
RedCoyote > loitering
kunkstar7 > on the defensive
Ameliaslay > lurkerscum - maybe OK

SCUMPUTER

INPUT

2 scum out of 6 players = 33 pts

iamausername
smallpeoples343
Amrun
Ameliaslay
RedCoyote
kunkstar7

2 scum out of 6 players = 33 pts

iamausername
Crazy
Ellibereth
Empking
Amrun
RedCoyote

1.5 scum out of 5 players = 30 pts

iamausername
kunkstar7
imaginality
Ranmaru
Amrun

1.5 scum out of 5 players = 30 pts

Amrun
Empking
iamausername
Crazy
smallpeoples343

OUTPUT

126=33+33+30+30 iamausername
126=33+33+30+30 Amrun
66=33+33 RedCoyote
63=33+30 kunkstar7
63=33+30 Empking
63=33+30 smallpeoples343
63=33+30 Crazy
33=33 Ameliaslay
33=33 Ellibereth
30=30 imaginality
30=30 Ranmaru
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:28 pm

UNVOTE: ALL

VOTE: RedCoyote
VOTE: kunkstar7
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Explain your Elli and Empking stances. RC loitering? I am not fencesitting.

For Kunkstar, that is all you have for him?

Also about your points thingy, I don't quite get it. Can you substatiate the basing of those points?

What are your thoughts on the Hiraki wagon?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Ranmaru wrote:Explain your Elli and Empking stances. RC loitering? I am not fencesitting.

Elli is opaque, Empking doesn't give off townie vibes, and I think you're fencesitting even if you disagree.

Ranmaru wrote:For Kunkstar, that is all you have for him?

I iso'd him to double check, I didn't like his tone. Didn't seem honest.

Ranmaru wrote:Also about your points thingy, I don't quite get it. Can you substatiate the basing of those points?

No, I've done this often enough, long explanations are tiresome after a while.

Ranmaru wrote:What are your thoughts on the Hiraki wagon?

It's part of the scumputer input.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Elli being opaque I agree with. He hasn't done much as I have seen him do in other places. I expected him to gambit for information or something. I don't like his Iam stance.

Explain where you see Empking not giving those vibes and why.

Explain how exactly I am fence sitting. Bring up a quote.

About Kunkstar. I have seen much more scumminess from him and find it lazy of you only to mark him scummy for defensiveness.

I don't care. If you are going to say something, then provide reasoning as to why you say it. If you won't, then you just wasted half a post, good job.

That's not going to cut it. I don't know what your numbers plug into (because you don't feel like explaining it), so you'll have to separately give thoughts on the Hiraki wagon.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Ranmaru, I'm a wild mustang. Don't fence me in.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

I don't know anything about cars. Sounds like this car can't even run. :/
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

imaginality 635 wrote:@Red Coyote: do you think we need to get rid of smallpeoples343
simply
because of his claim (i.e. that in itself is reason to get rid of him) or only if we also find him scummy? If the latter, what do you think are the biggest points against him?

No, it's the former. There's no reason that we should have to put up with a claimed townie running around, certainly not one who is showing little use to the town. VTs have two uses in a traditional game of mafia. Providing an unknown variable for the scum to deal with and scumhunting. Given that small has already thrown away half of his value to us, he has to rest entirely on his ability to scumhunt. I do not think he's doing a particularly good job here, certainly not better than a majority of the others, so he needs to be lynched.

---

Ranmaru 643 wrote:RC, switch your Slay vote to Pom. Slay has been prodded, and prolly will replaced anyways.

Given that I find you particularly townie (especially with LK's flip), I will abide.

Unvote: Ameliaslay
;
vote: DrippingGoofball

---

I like post 697. I don't really understand why people are giving WLC such a hard time.

---

DGB 703 wrote:UNVOTE: ALL

VOTE: RedCoyote

The Scumputer™ is never wrong (except when it is).

<3 DGB, but she is a bit off on this one, sorry to say.

Unvote: DrippingGoofball
;
vote: Empking

He's wrong too, but he's more standoffish about it. Sorry Ranmaru.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by imaginality »

Red Coyote wrote:VTs have two uses in a traditional game of mafia. Providing an unknown variable for the scum to deal with and scumhunting. Given that small has already thrown away half of his value to us, he has to rest entirely on his ability to scumhunt.

You could say:

usefulness to town = % likelihood of being town * ability to contribute effectively (both scumhunting and using role powers if applicable)
usefulness = towniness * effectiveness
U=T*E

What I mean is, for me, I put smallpeoples343 low on both counts, so I'm definitely happy to see him lynched today. But if you just think he has low E but high T, you shouldn't be in favour of lynching him if there's someone who's lower on T (i.e. someone you think is pretty scummy).

--

I agree with you about WLC. Voting DGB and unvoting her in the same post seems more like posturing than adding anything of value, though.

I still think DGB is the right lynch today. She's a dangerous player if scum, and so far, her votes both seem off-target to me. Plus refusing to explain the scumputer seems needlessly antagonistic: if it's come up that often, surely she can cut and paste a previous explanation. And her predecessor in the slot, Pom, wasn't just lurky, but scummy.

I'm voting them both but I'd rather lynch DGB, who can run riot over the town if scum, today, rather than smalls, who is going to be much easier to pin down still on later days.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Amrun »

RedCoyote, why vote and then unvote DGB in the same post?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Amrun »

DGB, why is WLC town?

Unvote: DGB, Vote: RedCoyote
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Amrun »

Checked out WLC's meta; his questions and observations seemed far more pointed and useful there. Nothing stood out to me as particularly scummy in his ISOs, unlike here.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Vote: kunkstar
, as I forgot to specify my unvote in #697 and this vote got lost then.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:13 am

imaginality wrote:She's a dangerous player if scum, and so far, her votes both seem off-target to me. Plus refusing to explain the scumputer seems needlessly antagonistic: if it's come up that often, surely she can cut and paste a previous explanation. And her predecessor in the slot, Pom, wasn't just lurky, but scummy.

I don't usually have to explain it anymore. I forget the last time I explained it, it's a needle in a haystack. I just didn't feel like it after spending a couple of hours reading the game. Sorry.

Also, that playstyle of Ranmaru, which consists of asking other people a lot of questions and not following up on them in a meaningful way, drives me up the wall. I used to wagon these players to death because it's soooooooo scummy, it shifts everything away from themselves, and puts others on the defensive. I use that tactic as scum for crissakes. Unfortunately, after some bad experiences lynching townies this way, I had to abandon it as a scumtell. I don't hate it any less, though.

imaginality wrote:...but I'd rather lynch DGB, who can run riot over the town if scum, today, rather than smalls, who is going to be much easier to pin down still on later days.

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

I'm town, I can run riot around the scum.

I'm going to be NK'd. Tonight or tomorrow night. I'm an idiotic lynch. I'm replacing late in the day, I have yet to make the scum sweat. It would be a waste.

Sounds like you want a policy lynch because I'm a good player?

I'm going to have to downgrade my read on you.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:14 am

Amrun wrote:DGB, why is WLC town?

I see in his posts honest and they show sustained efforts to figure things out and find scum. I don't see signs of an underlying agenda.

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:48 am

Post by imaginality »

I have scum reads on you and smallpeoples343.

I think you'll be harder to lynch tomorrow or later days if scum, because you're better at looking town and leading town, as scum, than smallpeoples343 is.

So I'm prioritising your lynch over his because I think you're the bigger danger and the harder to read. I think by this time D2 we'll have a clearer read of whether smallpeoples343 is town, I don't think we'll have a clearer read on you. It's not a policy lynch of a good player because it's based on Pom's scumminess. If I had a town read on her I'd feel much better about you.

Also, "I'm going to be NKed," is lolworthy. You know as well as I do that when you're still alive on D3 you'll have switched to saying, "Well scum are trying to WIFOM us about me by letting me live."
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:49 am

Post by Ranmaru »

DGB
: Well it's not just my playstyle it's my nature... I generally ask alot of questions so it's not really a play thing it's just the way I gather info. It seems people find me to be 'fluffy' even though I put ALOT of effort into some games. If you want lists, I give them sometimes because I only feel it's neccessary to give my thoughts on the people I find to be scummy. I don't like giving town reads unless they are STRONG town reads.

Now I have nothing to hide and when people give stances on me I do ask them to substantiate them.

For example, let's look at one of Imag's reasoning for finding me scummy yesterday... He said I was 'deflecting' off of Hiraki's wagon, even though LK was actually deflecting to me in the first place. I feel as though Imag was just singling me out there.

Wey's accusation is dumb and so is yours. Although I do like his Kunkstar stance.

Anyways, you make a good point that you are a good player and it seems Imag is ok with you going because it'd be a hassle for you to be lynched.

Although, you only single HIM out on that point. You don't really talk about everything else said, now that is scummy from you.

Your slot has lurked HARRRDD and was scummy as well. You must do alot to repair that slot's image. I don't like RC already getting off you to go onto Empking... >_> I don't see why he voted him? I do like Amrun's change because she voted RC for the same thing I thought of it.

Now, his point about you not explaining the numbers can be absolved once you actually explain it. If you were tired, then please explain it the next time that you can. If you don't, I will be angry. I'll scratch your mustang. D: <

Also you mentioning that you are an idiotic lynch because you'd be nk'd n1 OR n2 is wifom AND is setting up for you to possibly live around d2 and is a bit scummy. Again you only seemed to care about that point and not the other points and I don't like that.

If you still seem scummy to me I will lynch you. If you give good content then I can re-evaluate but your reads don't seem to be too good but I'm guessing it's because you just replaced in.

Seriously though everyone don't be afraid of DGB because you guys seem to be running off and avoiding her and I don't like that. :cry: See it makes me cry. Grow some cohones.

I mean DGB, you seem to be alarmed at Imag's 'policy lynch' but you don't address the people unvoting you at all?

@Imag: How exactly do her votes seem off place to you?
smallpeoples343
smallpeoples343
Goon
smallpeoples343
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:15 am

Post by smallpeoples343 »

Sorry guys, for being offline so much. I'm back!
After a break from MafiaScum, I am back, and limiting myself to 2 games at most at one time.
Let's see how it goes.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:31 am

Ranmaru wrote:Anyways, you make a good point that you are a good player and it seems Imag is ok with you going because it'd be a hassle for you to be lynched.

He's an idiot, but he's a townie idiot, because if he were scum worrying about how I'm hard to lynch, he could take care of it at night with his scumpals, not look like a fool in broad daylight like he's doing now.

Ranmaru wrote:If you still seem scummy to me I will lynch you.

Sure. I'm a vanilla townie. Have a ball.

Ranmaru wrote:Seriously though everyone don't be afraid of DGB because you guys seem to be running off and avoiding her and I don't like that. :cry: See it makes me cry. Grow some cohones.

First, it's cojones. That's an interesting phrasing. It's very different from imaginality who'd be really dumb to beat the drums for my lynch in broad daylight AS SCUM. Again, you're putting the onus on OTHER PLAYERS. You're asking them to juice up the testosterone and lynch me. But in a twisted sort of way, I SCARE YOU. I FRIGHTEN YOU. You are like a little pipsqueak pumping his little bony chest saying
"I will lynch you"
but then your glasses fall off your face and you start crying for other players to finish what you started.

Ranmaru wrote:I mean DGB, you seem to be alarmed at Imag's 'policy lynch' but you don't address the people unvoting you at all?

I'm the lynch leader right now.

QUESTION FOR IMAG

Why do I scare you so much?
Do you have reasons why you should be scared of me?
Why are you so annoying? Do you practice, or does it come naturally?
Why do you so rarely follow up on your questions?
Do any of these questions have any relation to scum hunting? Explain how.
Are most of these questions designed to let people incriminate themselves even when they're innocent?
Any success so far with this strategy?
Have you helped lynch scum in this game?
What did you think about yesterday's wagon on a poor, poor townie?
Do you kill people at night?
Is my town read on you completely wrong?
Should I change it?
Would you be upset if I downgraded you into the scum category?
If I never tell you how the scumputer works, does that make me scum?
Does it make YOU scum to make threats about it?
What if someone else explains it to you. Does that make me scum?
Is there anything in your game that I should consider to be strong town-tells? Details please.
Is there anything in your game that I should consider to be strong scum-tells? Details please.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:31 am

EBWOP

The questions above are for RANMARU.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:33 am

Oh wait

I'm confused. I was confusing Imaginality with Ranmaru. I have a town read on the former, and a scum read on the later.

That explains why he's scared, haha.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:36 am

Here Ranmaru. Knock yourself out. That's how it works.

SCUMPUTER

SUM of {#scum on wagon/#unrevealed players} * 100

I never thought I'd say this, but two votes aren't enough.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:40 am

I want to vote Ranmaru, RedCoyote and kunkstar but I have ONLY TWO votes. Ranmaru is so irritating I'm afraid I'm losing my objectivity. Please advise me.

This question is for everyone.

PJ, I pre /in for TRIPLE DIP.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”