Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Pine »

Beats the shit out of me. I'm for Incog, but no one else is.

I was about to deny it was buddying, but I suppose it is. Just glad to have someone I know if going to stir this stagnant, boring game (no offense, iPie, not your fault) up. You appearing to be Town is a pleasant perk.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by camn »

@ Crayons: I was responding to your Yos/BM scumteam comments.. . but a little more broadly. You seemed to be pushing the idea that BM was bussing Yos, which is what got me thinking about BM bussing in general.

@ Incog: I would support a TripLynch at deadline.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Thor665 wrote:Medicated Lain is weaksauce - he can go be scum for attacking for nonsense reasons.

AHEM. Pronouns.

Also, what is wrong for looking for a reason to vote someone on day one? Attempting to both sway a nightkill, and bring attention to someone you believe is a power role, all on day one, is absolutely scummy, and those are points I will not remove from Green Crayons.. though today looks a bit better for him, and I am willing to forgive mistakes if a player is not seemingly scum after all. That you are willing to defend such actions however, means that perhaps you are someone that I don't want to meet at the opera tonight.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by camn »

AH, a theme reference!

I propose a truce for now, Lain.
I dont have the thickest of scumreads on you, and my case is mostly POE and circumstantial anyway.
I am willing to drop it for this gameday, if you do the same for me.
My Motivation? I like your activity level, just not your focus. I also like thematic tie-ins.
My leverage? You cant get me lynched. Period. Any attempt to seriously try will be a waste of the rest of this day.

Deal?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

So let me get this straight, you want me to stop seeing you as scum, simply because you no longer want to call me scum? My feelings won't change on your actions. Trying to create such a bargain looks even more odd to me.

The only other option that I feel pretty strongly about is Incognito. Pine expressed interest in an Incog lynch, but I don't like how he's approached it.
@pine: so why areyou interested in incog?

What an interesting circumstance I'm put in.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:14 am

Post by Haylen »

Thor wrote:You ever request that something later and did anything ever come of it?

No, will do now though. Someone do a vote count analysis of Bvoigt, please. I can't do them properly :P

Pine wrote:Good to see you, Thor. This game has done a really piss-poor job of keeping my attention, and you're always good for keeping me engaged.

The time you spent making this post could have been spent writing a proper response to it.

Thor wrote:i think Haylen (which appals me) look pretty town right now.

Why does it appal you?

Gimme til tomorrow guys and you'll have massive loads of content, I'm V/LA at the weekend usually anyway but I'm doing the night shift from 9-45 until 6-15 tonight and the time I would have spent making posts today is instead being spent sleeping in preparation. Night night!
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:29 am

Post by bvoigt »

bvoigt wrote:
Pine wrote:No, I don't think I will elaborate. I talked about Incog a while back, and he's done nothing either way to sway me. I believe in sticking with early reads and not second- and third- and fourth-guessing them unless there's a compelling reason to do so.

All I've really seen in your ISO about Incognito is that his first couple posts were "weird," and he used the dice tags to decide who to vote. Also, what happened to your suspicions of camn?

@Pine: Is this a correct summary of your Incog suspicions? What are your current thoughts on camn?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

Haylen wrote:
Thor wrote:i think Haylen (which appalls me) look pretty town right now.

Why does it appall you?

I fixed our mutual misspell (my fault probably)

It appalls me because, having seen your play as town during this "slump" of yours (sorry - I don't think I ever saw you during a peak) it concerns me I'm getting a town read off of you because either;
1. You're going to be terrible to tke into late game for town.
or
2. The only reason you're actually looking good right now is because you're scum - because you don't play like this as town.

Hence - appalled.
This question served a purpose?

Starting in on the back half of the game now.
Fascinated by the Incog hate a brief comment by me and Pine was able to stir up, we just might run that wagon around a bit and test the wheels.
Camn's interactions with ML on this page make my face look like this :? what the frell guys? Thanks for nothing.
I will undoubtedly become bored/frustrated with the read and will take a break of a few hours in the middle - hence the post will probably show up sometime in the evening EST.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:46 am

Post by Pine »

bvoigt wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
Pine wrote:No, I don't think I will elaborate. I talked about Incog a while back, and he's done nothing either way to sway me. I believe in sticking with early reads and not second- and third- and fourth-guessing them unless there's a compelling reason to do so.

All I've really seen in your ISO about Incognito is that his first couple posts were "weird," and he used the dice tags to decide who to vote. Also, what happened to your suspicions of camn?

@Pine: Is this a correct summary of your Incog suspicions? What are your current thoughts on camn?

What part of "I don't feel like explaining" confused you? I'm not actually entirely sure WHY I suspect Incog any more, as in I'm having a difficult time pinpointing it. It's a general pattern of slight, restrained scumminess, painted across all of his posts, that is getting to me. I honestly can't put my finger on it. Call it an extremely strong gut reaction or hunch, if you want.

Camn...I'm conflicted on. I'm having a difficult time reading her. My Day 1 suspicions were genuine, but I think I held onto them far too long and too stubbornly. It's clouding my judgment where she's concerned, and she ocillates between leaning Town and leaning scum around the neutral section of my scumdar. If I were a cop (spoiler! I'm not) I'd investigate her.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Pine »

Also, I don't see the case on Trip. Can someone explain it to me?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:10 am

Post by bvoigt »

Pine wrote:What part of "I don't feel like explaining" confused you? I'm not actually entirely sure WHY I suspect Incog any more, as in I'm having a difficult time pinpointing it. It's a general pattern of slight, restrained scumminess, painted across all of his posts, that is getting to me. I honestly can't put my finger on it. Call it an extremely strong gut reaction or hunch, if you want.

Camn...I'm conflicted on. I'm having a difficult time reading her. My Day 1 suspicions were genuine, but I think I held onto them far too long and too stubbornly. It's clouding my judgment where she's concerned, and she ocillates between leaning Town and leaning scum around the neutral section of my scumdar. If I were a cop (spoiler! I'm not) I'd investigate her.

Well, I don't see you making any effort to pinpoint why you suspect Incog, or improve your read on camn. You haven't asked them, or anyone else really, many questions, and don't seem to be making any sort of pro-town effort.

Pine wrote:Also, I don't see the case on Trip. Can someone explain it to me?

On Day 1, Trip did a lot of fencesitting, and I believe that BM chainsaw defended him.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I don't find the Trip fencesitting argument to be persuasive. It's been a week or so since I've reviewed the whole thread, so I don't recall how long his posting continued with such tepid input. But unless if Trip continued to excessively fencesit past page six (looking at bvoight's linked Post 128), his initial foray into commenting upon the game looks like - to me - town who is vocally sorting through his opinions on the game.

That said, I think there is something behind BM's vote against Yos because it was horrible and contrived scum play. If it wasn't a distancing tactic, I could see it be somehow related to Trip (chainsaw) or Incog (using a flimsy excuse to get his vote off of a partner).
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

You sure do think a lot of yourself Thor. Did you see what this game's post per day rate was at before camn and mine's interactions? If she gets any points at all, it's for at least trying to bring this town back to life.

There's still another 5 days left on today, I'm going to look over the game one more time... hopefully that'll come by the end of the day, if I've got enough time.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by camn »

Medicated Lain wrote: If she gets any points at all, it's for at least trying to bring this town back to life. .

Finally you begin to understand my strategy!

I reread Trip Wire.. and I am not convinced he is that scummy. The more I read it, them more scumvibes I get from INCOGNITO.
I would support a deadline lynch of Trip just to see what kind of light the flip would throw on INCOG.. but I think it is time for this:

VOTE: INCOGNITO

case:
First... his Trip vote, His Me-vote, and his Haylen-vote... all on out-of game reasons. Trip for post timing, me and Hayl for meta-reasons.. his reasons on me especially were inaccurate, poorly researched meta reasons.
I have hinted at it before.. but I think Incog has gotten town-cred for his out-of-the-box catches before, and thus is trying to use that technique to artificially get townpoints in this game.
MORE IMPORTANTLY.. that kind of casebuilding, if it leads to a mislynch, automatically gives incognito an OUT. Since his vote is based on a provable fact, not his opinion, his reads, or his scumhunting, he can argue that it wasn't really his fault. Thus, scumtastic

Second: Those two meta-cases.. that has been IT from incog. And an interesting point? Although he has been slinging mud at me AND Haylen, he has yet to ACTUALLY TRY AND GET US LYNCHED.
Why is that? It isn't that he has been occupied with other things... his Peregrine vote was him sheeping.. his Fugative case is limp-wristed at best. So what is the deal?

Ill tell you what I think... and it explains both things. Both Incog starting crap cases on Hayl and I, and Incog failing to persue those cases:
INCOG IS SCUM, AND HE KNOWS WE WILL FIND HIM OUT

He knows that we will eventually see through the pale mask he uses to hide his evil role. So he had to attack us early, so that when the heat came he could WRITE IT OFF as OMGUS votes.
But he couldn't RISK perusing us too hard.. because then he would RAISE THE WRATH OF A WOMAN SCORNED.

That is all.

td:lr
Scum, Incognito;
his play: all bark and no bite;
and now he must die.

Also, we need to run someone up now. deadline approacheth.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Pine »

That's a pretty good summation of my feelings on Incog.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@ML - by the way - the gender thing, your avatar looks too much like a boy, and I always go off avatar gender first and look at listed gender only in the case of androgynous avatars. I'll try to work on it, but don't promise much, it's a bad habit I have in a lot of games that I really feel is the fault of guys for taking hot/chibi girl avatars and girls for taking waif like boy avatars.

Page 8

Battle Mage wrote:I think we're lynching one of Incognito, Medicated Lain or Yosarian2 today.

Any takers that one of these is scum? This will increase my Incog hate because him dead and scum should help soft clear the other two, which would be awesome as they both suxx0rs.

Post #191 makes me sad Pere got lynched :(

Battle Mage wrote:If Peregrine is scum, i like Bvoigt as his buddy. Hoping to look like a genius if i'm right! haha

Town tell bvoigt? Ugh, frankly all of BM's posts have been a slurry of 'not helpful at all despite knowing alignment' He can;t even stay attacking anyone long enough for me to feel like he actually wants them lynched. By the end of day I'm betting he'll have voted every player in the game.

Post 208 looks pretty clear like townYos to my mind;
Yosarian2 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
You say i misunderstood Incognito's point about Haylen not being voted. How so?

Not really sure I should be answering this question rather then Incog, but:

[snip]

It sounds like what Incog was saying was something like "Haylen always gets run really quickly as town, because of weird play on her part when she's town, but really doesn't gets lynched as scum because she doesn't do that." Silly, but probably has a grain of truth to it. Also I thought this was at least partly joking.

It sounded like you read that as him saying that if she was town the scum would be trying to lynch her, vs. the scum bussing her as scum, but I think that was a misunderstanding. Unless I'm misunderstanding one or both of you myself. (shrug)

If that is a scum/scum conversation it's a little...odd.
Also, BM is pressing a scum case on Haylen/Incog and Yos comes in and defends them and BM presses him on what the defense is. Really crazy conversation if this is scum/scum - hence; town tell for Yos, hu-freakin'-zuh.

Page 10 (I dunno where Page 9 went - it's somewhere in there, erk, and I lost Page 11 too - whatevs. You're in the target zone.)

Peregrine is run up for that bussing comment. BM is on hot and early, Camn follows real early and even hotter and BM hops off to play calming voice of reason while still egging Camn on - town tell for Camn methinks.

PeregrineV (4): Magua, bvoigt, Camn, Incognito
Early Pere wagon (BM was on and off between bvoigt and Camn) I see town, prob tow, prob town, and Incognito. Hrmmmm.

Page 12

Blorp.

Page 13

Yosarian2 wrote:The incognito votes are terrible. Battle Mage was pretty clearly trying to lynch him for much of day 1, and then when i defended Incognito, battle mage attacked me for THAT, clearly trying to undercut any attempt to defend Incog. No way that that was distancing; if Battle Mage was mafia, then Incognito pretty clearly is not.

Fugitive's incognito vote is especially scummy here, coming right after Incog voted for her. Plus, the person she replaced never said anything game relevant at all.

This is fascinating because I'm actually trucking up the exact same path Fugitive did.
Could you explain the "pretty clearly" trying to get Incog lynched comment? I really don't see a pretty clearly from BM at all throughout Day 1 until Pere. What am I missing here?

Pine defending my slot from a Yps attack...that's interesting. Maybe he's just attacking Yos to drag him down...but that looks like a dramatic town tell to me. Yeah, Pine can be town now, 4 reelz!1!

Page - whatevver the fug, I'm not paying attention anymore and everyone in the game is lurking and flaking anyway.

Incognito wrote:No clue but after two straight replace out's from that slot, I really think that player slot needs to die. camn should probably be next. I can't see her seriously believing the b.s. she's been posting so far.

You know who needs to die? A flake out slot!
You know who should die next? A slot not playing in any way like I would expect that player to play as town. ...but, y'know, flake out slot first, amirite :D

That's my read - a few responses and answer thoughts as well as a vote to follow very shortly.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Pine wrote:Also, I don't see the case on Trip. Can someone explain it to me?

PoE would be my answer. Other players are managing to look town and he's...well...he's playing the game.

camn wrote:
Medicated Lain wrote: If she gets any points at all, it's for at least trying to bring this town back to life. .

Finally you begin to understand my strategy!

:?

I'm clearly too dumb to understand your strategy.

How about you do me a solid and explain, point by point, the "dance" with bvoigt and how it makes him town? That would be awesome and a half.

Vote: Incognito

I'm not sure if I'm sheeping others or they are sheeping me and/or Pine. Whateves, I'm part of the heard now and feel safe and warm.

@Yos - time to explain how BM was obv. trying to get Incog lynched, yeah?

I also think this is L-2 since ML unvoted, but I'll admit I'm not 100% certain so this might be L-1...someone should probably quickhammer for lulz.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Pine wrote:That's a pretty good summation of my feelings on Incog.

Wow, really? You're not sure why you suspect Incog, and then as soon as camn makes a case on him, you simply say you agree with her.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@bvoigt - your read on Pine?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Incognito »

Yeah, this wagon on me is pretty dumb. I'm pretty positive that at least one of {Thor, camn} is scum on my wagon; it's silly to think that my only contribution to this game has been meta-cases or what-have-you. If you look through my iso, that's pretty demonstrably untrue. I could see Thor's walls coming from a town-him or a scum-him; no clue why Pine checked him off as town almost immediately.

Thor665 wrote:I also think this is L-2 since ML unvoted, but I'll admit I'm not 100% certain so this might be L-1...someone should probably quickhammer for lulz.
I don't see why that would be lulzy at all.

Thor665 wrote:People (and by people I mean Incog) should also explain how scum advance their win con by flaking out of the game - should be good for a laugh, and I'm a funny guy at heart.
This is a pretty obvious misinterpretation of what I've been saying about your slot this whole Day. What I've said has nothing to do with win cons; that's a pretty silly thing for you to turn it into.

I'd like a vote count; I have no clue where I'm at with respect to vote totals.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Incognito wrote:it's silly to think that my only contribution to this game has been meta-cases or what-have-you. If you look through my iso, that's pretty demonstrably untrue. I could see Thor's walls coming from a town-him or a scum-him; no clue why Pine checked him off as town almost immediately.

If it makes you feel any better I'm actually voting you off PoE and gut - but that's pretty much every case I ever make nowadays - I just sometimes try to pretty them up to sell the newbs ;)
Also, you think cam or I are scum - why don't you have thoughts about Pine writing me off as town like he did?
More importantly - considering my case is PoE - what do you think of all the town calls I made?

Incognito wrote:
Thor665 wrote:I also think this is L-2 since ML unvoted, but I'll admit I'm not 100% certain so this might be L-1...someone should probably quickhammer for lulz.
I don't see why that would be lulzy at all.

Well...*I'd* laugh pretty hard - though I am awfully easy to amuse. Plus, if you flipped scum I'd look awesome conf. town which would make me laugh even more.

Incognito wrote:
Thor665 wrote:People (and by people I mean Incog) should also explain how scum advance their win con by flaking out of the game - should be good for a laugh, and I'm a funny guy at heart.
This is a pretty obvious misinterpretation of what I've been saying about your slot this whole Day. What I've said has nothing to do with win cons; that's a pretty silly thing for you to turn it into.

I must have misunderstood all your talk about this slot, and how it should be lynched because players were flaking out of it, which made this slot scum. I am a little dense at times.
Could you restate what your actual case was so then I can mock it properly? I promise to be bemusing and have at least one sexual innuendo in the commentary when I work it over long, hard, and slow <---that one you get for free.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by camn »

If it is so demonstrable... Then why don't you go ahead and demonstrate it, Inc, because I was reading your Iso as I wrote that, and it seems pretty spot on to me :)

And Thor: no dance lessons today.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Camn - you're solid town clearing a player I have as a moderate clear at best and you're not willing to help me out with it? Whassup wit dat? I'll buy you flowers or sing you a sea chanty or something. I may even let you stroke the loamy softness of my beard - but whatever it takes I'd love to help you help town.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Sorry for lack of votecount and stuff, guys.

D2 VC #4 - The Mod-has-been-busy Votecount

Incognito (4) - Pine, Medicated Lain, camn, Thor665
TripMyWire (2) - bvoigt, Yosarian2
Thor665 (1) - Incognito
Yosarian2 (1) - Green Crayons
Not Voting (2) - Haylen, TripMyWire

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch or 5 to No Lynch.
Deadline is July 16th at 11pm Eastern.
Please notify me of any votecount mistakes.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:19 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

We're not lynching Incognito today. He is so obviously town here it's ridiculous.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”