SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Jason's a parrot right there but I think its a town-motivated parrot slightly.

Hiraki come on now we can be brosideons. Look at toogs last few posts and do what needs to be done. GODS WORK MAN

Seriously he just went "Reck is insinuating that he's scum!"

I dont even
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

SpyreX wrote:Jason's a parrot right there but I think its a town-motivated parrot slightly.

nitpicking here slightly, but how can I be parroting when my post in response to him saying that, was the very next post after he said that?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Jason was one of the reasons I was hesitant to change.

Can you show me how it is plausible that he's a town-motivated parrot?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

xRECKONERx wrote:jason next if Toog is town WORD

care to actually give any reasons why?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

jasonT1981 wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Jason's a parrot right there but I think its a town-motivated parrot slightly.

nitpicking here slightly, but how can I be parroting when my post in response to him saying that, was the very next post after he said that?

By repeating what appears to be the entirety of the case on Toog.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by SpyreX »

ahhh I misread what he was saying some. So its not technically a parrot but the flipside to what I'm saying.

That makes it a lot more null.

HOWEVER, that doesn't change one whit about Toog being good for rope and actually makes me feel better about Reck.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:My initial vote on Governor was RVS. Picked a power I didn't want scum to have. My callouts since then haven't had anything to do with Power, or are you not paying attention?

Picking who to vote for does not = RVS at ALL. Even if it was in the RVS your vote was not.

Vote stays.

Oh... really?

xRECKONERx wrote:Spy should die D1 imo

xRECKONERx wrote:
Vote: SPYREX

FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Picked premeditatedly before the game started.

jasonT1981 wrote:
vote:nintendoaddict1

Mass Effect isn't on any Nintendo system! therefor, he must be a spy!

Picked for not being on a nintendo system.

ShadowGuru wrote:Ugh, finally.
Vote: Spyrex
, as he is clearly a spy.

--Wraith

Picked for being a "spy."

Rhinox wrote:
vote: hiraki
because I don't like him (not really :P)

Picked for not liking the guy.

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
Rhinox wrote:
vote: hiraki
because I don't like him (not really :P)

Vote: Rhinox
for beating me to the punch. Only
I
can vote Hiraki in RVS, you know.

Picked because some one voted first.

Hiraki wrote:
Vote: Nintendo

This is shitty.

...for being shit.

Toogeloo wrote:
Vote: Rhinox

...simply because if he is scum, I don't want them to have a Governor.

...for being Governor.

marco1610 wrote:Lynching governor on Day 1 doesn't really sound like a great idea.

Vote: Sathoris
cause he's a roleblocker. Just a shot in the dark really.

...for being roleblocker...

In fact I don't see a single person who said, "Because I went to random.org and this is the person that site told me to vote for. RVS is simply a term for the beginning of the game. No vote is ever truly fucking random, and everyone knows that.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

I think you are not fully understanding what RVS is. It is basically voting someone without reasoning and usually add a humorous comment after as the person being voted is voted randomly by looking at the player list.

your vote was not random, you were voting for a role you did not like the sound off (in scum as you say)... that is not random. You had reasoning behind it
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Hurrrrf

Only marco (and don't think I havent lost sight of that) committed the same sin.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

jasonT1981 wrote:I think you are not fully understanding what RVS is. It is basically voting someone without reasoning and usually add a humorous comment after as the person being voted is voted randomly by looking at the player list.

your vote was not random, you were voting for a role you did not like the sound off (in scum as you say)... that is not random. You had reasoning behind it

I don't think you understand what Random is. You specifically chose nintendo, did you not? Did you go to Random.org, plug in a list, and it came up with nintendo for you?

I had a list of people's roles I didn't want scum to have, I chose Governor.

Christ, are we really having an argument over semantics of what constitutes a RVS vote and what doesn't? I guarantee you that I am not the only voter that chose something specific using it in the RVS as a way to get reads.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I am willing to strike a deal right now with the entire town.

Lynch me today. If I flip town, tomorrow, no if ands or buts, you lynch Reck. I don't give a shit if a Cop scans him innocent. He dies.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

No, what you don't get is you targeted someone because you didn't like the role, there is nothing RVS about that.

No, I don't use Random.org, as I said. I just randomly pick someone from the player list and make a humorous comment on them that can be tied into the game somehow. Random vote stage is voting someone without reason or intent on a lynch target. It was clear you did and therefor not random.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Toogeloo wrote:I am willing to strike a deal right now with the entire town.

Lynch me today. If I flip town, tomorrow, no if ands or buts, you lynch Reck. I don't give a shit if a Cop scans him innocent. He dies.

NO, No chain lynches, no setting up next days lynch on a deal.

Lynch on evedience and scummyness. not chain lynches and deals. I would like to know why Reck is setting up ( or alluding to setup) a chain lynch on myself.. however I don't really think Reck is worth a lynch right now.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Lets test your town-ness.

What, without direct quoting is your win con?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

jasonT1981 wrote:No, what you don't get is you targeted someone because you didn't like the role, there is nothing RVS about that.

No, I don't use Random.org, as I said. I just randomly pick someone from the player list and make a humorous comment on them that can be tied into the game somehow. Random vote stage is voting someone without reason or intent on a lynch target. It was clear you did and therefor not random.

Really, you don't think I looked at Vigs, Roleblockers, Redirectors, and thought to myself... Those are all ok to have in Scum hands, but god forbid they have a Governor.

I just told you, I had a list of roles I didn't want scum to have. I chose Governor from that list as my vote.

Did you look at the list and just randomly pick one, or did you narrow it down a little yourself some?
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by nintendoaddict1 »

Toogeloo wrote:I don't think you understand what Random is. You specifically chose nintendo, did you not? Did you go to Random.org, plug in a list, and it came up with nintendo for you?

Christ, are we really having an argument over semantics of what constitutes a RVS vote and what doesn't? I guarantee you that I am not the only voter that chose something specific using it in the RVS as a way to get reads.

I don't think you understand RVS. Here, quoted from the Wiki:
"At the beginning of a game of Mafia, there is very little information to be had. As a result, initial votes are made with no substantial reasoning offered. These are often referred to as random votes.
While many random votes are based on the generation of a random number (by a die or some other oracle),
they are just as often based on arbitrary factors, such as avatars, nicknames, or even other random votes.
"

Bolded for emphasis. Your caught, deal with it. Your AtE isn't gonna work. Oh, and striking a deal where we lynch you anyway? Are you just giving up to try to prove something? I smell a gambit, but it's not working.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

so, what other roles would you not class, from the list as ok to have in scum hands
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
Toogeloo wrote:I don't think you understand what Random is. You specifically chose nintendo, did you not? Did you go to Random.org, plug in a list, and it came up with nintendo for you?

I don't think you understand RVS. Here, quoted from the Wiki:
"
At the beginning of a game of Mafia, there is very little information to be had. As a result, initial votes are made with no substantial reasoning offered. These are often referred to as random votes
While many random votes are based on the generation of a random number (by a die or some other oracle),
they are just as often based on arbitrary factors, such as avatars, nicknames, or even other random votes.
"

Bolded for emphasis. Your caught, deal with it. Your AtE isn't gonna work. Oh, and striking a deal where we lynch you anyway? Are you just giving up to try to prove something? I smell a gambit, but it's not working.

EXACTLY.... that is what I have been trying to say. Thank you.

the vote you made was not random, you were trying to get rid of a role you do not like.. that is NOT random.
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:54 pm

Toogeloo wrote:I just told you, I had a list of roles I didn't want scum to have. I chose Governor from that list as my vote.

Yeah, I gotta hear this. Unless your lists includes every role in the game, you are gonna look mighty scummy. ANY PR in scum control is a bad thing, but if you're scum you wouldn't care about that would you?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

jasonT1981 wrote:Lets test your town-ness.

What, without direct quoting is your win con?

marco1610 wrote:/confirm

I can follow a person at night and see whoever they visited. My wincon is when all indoctrinated and infected players are dead, and all the threats to the peace in the galaxy are eliminated.

ShadowGuru wrote:
marco wrote:I did not quote my role pm. If you really have the same wincon as me, you will see that I've changed the phrasing a little bit.

I didn't compare to my role PM wincon, I just noted the words "indoctrinated and infected players", "threats", "peace", and "galaxy" and assumed that you copied it.

Sovereign wrote:((The randomized anti-town alignment PMs are now being sent out...))

Hmm... let me think here...

Don't be dense. Everyone got a town role with the same wincon in all likelihood and then a new PM was sent with a new Wincon. Would you believe me even if I told you my wincon?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

/theory/ Govoner can stop town mislynches.. scum does not like that as it does not dwindle down the numbers quite as much and town is one player better off the next day.

Scum wants to get rid of town ASAP... so targetting the role that can stop town mislynches is paramount to a scum strategy to win I feel
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

why would you quote someone else saying their win con, but refuse to answer yourself?
nintendoaddict1
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
nintendoaddict1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:00 pm

jasonT1981 wrote:why would you quote someone else saying their win con, but refuse to answer yourself?

Easy- he's nervous.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

This is somewhat how I broke the roles down before the game, since people asked.

Roles I don't care if scum has:
Bulletproof Compulsive Bodyguard - I dont care if scum has this. If a Town Vig tries to shoot someone scummy, and they don't die, then the BG likely protected them. It casts doubt on the alignment of the BG player.
Forensic Investigator - I don't care if scum has this, as every PR in the game is already listed and who they are. This power only benefits scum by denying town from having it.
Watcher - Again, Scum only benefit from this by denying town.
Tracker - See Watcher and Forensic Investigator.
Doctor - See Bodyguard.
Networker - Anyone who trusts a randomly aligned Night Talker would deserve to get bamboozled if they were scum. Trust your own reads. Not worried about this role.
Roleblocker - Unless they roleblock the scummiest looking people, they are going to get flak.

Powers I don't want scum to have:
1-shot Vigilante - Extra scum kill, can easily be written off as "I shot them because I thought they were scummy" or held until giving scum a winning numbers advantage, especially with multiple vig roles.
Governor - I was worried about the LyLo implications of this role in scum hands.
Bus Driver - Unlimited use could be used to constantly redirect two players and confuse town, especially with multiple redirecting roles.
JOAT with kill, track, bus drive, and forensic investigate - A few abilities I don't care about, but has both a bus and a vig.
Gifter with vig, bulletproof, double-vote, and watch - the ability to give their mates a BP, DV (bad at lylo), and Vig.
2-shot Redirector - Not as powerful as the bus driver, but confusing to town none the less.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

jasonT1981 wrote:why would you quote someone else saying their win con, but refuse to answer yourself?

Because I feel it doesn't need to be said, since it's already implicated in the topic. I "could" tell you my wincon, but then we just get into WIFOM.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”