hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by hohum »

Espeonage wrote:V/LA for a couple of days.

Can you PLEASE just replace the fuck out of this game?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Espeonage »

hohum wrote:
Espeonage wrote:V/LA for a couple of days.

Can you PLEASE just replace the fuck out of this game?

No
Don't @ me.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Espeonage, on Wednesday morning you said you would iso hohum. It is now Friday evening. Please get right on that before you try to skirt out of the game again. You can't play with your toys until you clean your room.
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Post by hohum »

GLaDOS wrote:... Processing ...

Espeonage, on Wednesday morning you said you would iso hohum. It is now Friday evening. Please get right on that before you try to skirt out of the game again. You can't play with your toys until you clean your room.

^^ This. He's been useless all game long.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

Forgot to answer this:

Mina, Post 573 wrote:Have you ever seen a town game of mine?

Not that I recall.
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Pinkie Pie »

GLaDOS wrote:
FoS: Pinkie Pie
. It seems like every time somepony mentions something negative about you,
that
is when you suddenly pop in to say something. I’ll be honest: you are playing like a euglena. And not a particularly interesting specimen, at that. You sit there and do nothing, but when somebody flashes a light on you, you squirm just a bit as if to show you are still alive.

False.

To set the record straight, I post whenever I'm close to prod-range, or when I'm prodded.

Esp is pretty bad...

TL was ungodly town. Primate is not getting rope this game. Ever.

Can we lynch Mina already?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by hohum »

Pinkie Pie wrote:
To set the record straight, I post whenever I'm close to prod-range, or when I'm prodded.

Esp is pretty bad...

Oh the irony. You're both fucking useless.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

hohum, thoughts on Fluttershy?

If Jahudo is Town, I think the entire BG team is lurking. I mean, honestly.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Pinkie Pie »

hohum wrote:
Pinkie Pie wrote:

Esp is pretty bad...

Difference: I caught scum.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by hohum »

inHimshallibe wrote:hohum, thoughts on Fluttershy?

It's pretty scummy how she latched on to the WTFRUDOING wagon to justify lynching WLC for his anti-nolynch stance on Chesskid. it's also a little disconcerting that she's blatantly trying to misrepresent my reads on Ojanen's player slot. She isn't paying attention to the thread at best and she's scum at worst. Either way her reads can't be trusted. There's also lots of useless conjecture about characters, roles and who knows what about the show at the beginning of the thread that comes off looking like busy-posting to me.

Other than those comments I haven't been paying close enough attention to her. I don't have strong scum reads as much as I have strong town reads. I'm working by process of elimination in this game. I'd rather lynch Mina today but Fluttershy is one of the two acceptable alternatives at the moment. My opinion might change if things were actually happening in this thread :(

Pinkie Pie wrote:
hohum wrote:
Pinkie Pie wrote:

Esp is pretty bad...

Difference: I caught scum.

Oh? Who have you caught and why?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Jahudo »

Espeonage wrote:Because at the time all I wanted was a lynch. I thought WLC was town. He wasn't my preferred lynch. but when you are that close to deadline it is a bit hard to derail the wagon when the only other competing wagon had just been derailed itself.

No, I'm talking about the time before my wagon derailed. When my wagon was the largest one, you were sitting there and not saying why it was better than the WLC wagon that was
almost
as large.

People asked you to explain yourself, you made a post just to say you didn't have time to explain yourself. So explain that now.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Day 2, Votecount #3

Mina:
hohum, Pinkie Pie, GlaDOS (L-3)
Fluttershy:
InHimshallibe, Cogito Ergo Sum (L-4)
Espeonage:
GlaDOS,
Mina
Ojanen:
Jahudo

GlaDOS
Cogito Ergo Sum

Not Voting:
Eseponage, Fluttershy, Ojanen, Primate, Jahudo

Day 2 deadlineDeadline is (expired on 2011-07-18 11:30:00) which is the 18th of July at 11:30am EST.

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.

---

Prodding Fluttershy
Last edited by Twilight Sparkle on Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Mina, join me on the Fluttershywagon.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Espeonage, I just took the liberty of checking your post history. It seems you like to play Hangman. Why, you've made almost 50 posts in the Hangman thread just today.

I like hangman, too.

Unvote: Mina, Vote: Espeonage
. I agree with hohum. Play the game, or replace out. If you have time to post on mafiascum, but at the expense of your
actual
games, then you should not be playing.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Jahudo »

confound these ponies they drive me to pressure wagons. I can't vote ojanen, I would vote inhim but I'm the only one who thinks he's scum so my vote would be about as useful as not voting.

hohum, primate, ces, glados, are prob. town. some of that is predecessors and/or wishful thinking.

pinkie pie now at least seems like he's owning up to his mina read by saying he's confident in it. if his meta is lurking I guess I should go look into his games for some differences in alignment behavior.

Fluttershy's recent post looks like she isn't reading closely-- hohum didn't talk about voting maziek. I'm not sure what to think of that because I'm not sure where she was trying to go with that line of discussion on hohum. "odd list you have here" / "puzzling how you came to this list" on the surface it sounds like uncertain questioning but it could be an attempt to throw mud in his direction. Right now I don't see the latter option being plausible but that still doesn't answer what else she is thinking on this subject or where she will say she got her facts mixed up.

Finding out espy is spending 50 posts on mish mash actually doesn't surprise me. Lots of players are like that with mish mash but its like pulling teeth to get them into mafia games. A wagon might help reverse that, and I would support one based on what I've been saying lately, but I also feel its important that even he took a stand on the Jahudo/inhim thread clogger.

I'm realizing this with the days before deadline ticking down again, that if we want this game to not be a rush of unprepared ideas at the end, we need to give opinions on all the big issues. Mina needs to do that one particular thing that is for the good of the town, so until that happens I think she's the best "pressure wagon" to have right now.

Vote: Mina
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by Mina »

I'm actually writing a post now (sorry, fell asleep last night before finishing it), but...

Jahudo wrote:

I'm realizing this with the days before deadline ticking down again, that if we want this game to not be a rush of unprepared ideas at the end, we need to give opinions on all the big issues. Mina needs to do that one particular thing that is for the good of the town, so until that happens I think she's the best "pressure wagon" to have right now.

Vote: Mina

Telling me it's a pressure vote that you'll remove the moment I provide "opinions on the big issues" kind of defeats the purpose. Particularly since I'm already being wagoned.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Primate »

My feel as of a couple of days ago from a post I didn't make cause I was kicked out of an internet cafe was that the scum were Mina, Esp and CES. Going to take a look now into whether I think Minas attacks on Esp are genuine.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Post by Mina »

Oh, fuck it. You know what my problem is? I keep starting longwinded walls, getting distracted and trying to cover too much ground in each of them, and finally just giving up and not posting anything at all. What I'm going to do is just comment on any random thing that sticks out, in no particular order.

This is pretty much where I'm at right now.

Tier 1: Espeonage, Pinkie Pie
{Tier 2: CES, Fluttershy, inHimshallibe, Primate
Tier 3: GlaDOS, Jahudo*, Ojanen} (The division between Tier 2 and 3 was kind of a grey zone.)
Tier 4: hohum

Unfortunately, I highly doubt BOTH Espeonage and Pinkie Pie are scum, which means I'd predict two scum among my middle tiers. To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to Maziek/Ojanen, so I'm going to ISO that slot next.

*Jahudo is the biggest wild card to me. At various points today, I've comsidered putting him anywhere from Tier 2 to a tier below everyone but hohum. When I reread him during Night One, I was actually starting to feel much better about him, because at times he looks like he's genuinely trying to figure things out. It's just...argh. He's just super-cautious and reserved about everything, and some of his logic seems completely alien to me. Like the "I'm making a pressure vote on Mina, hey everyone, look at my pressure vote!" thing.

Jahudo wrote:A wagon [on Espeonage] might help reverse that, and I would support one based on what I've been saying lately, but I also feel its important that even he took a stand on the Jahudo/inhim thread clogger.

Wait...um, what?

Firstly, I don't think that "weighing in on the Jahudo/inHim thread clogger" is a towntell in any way. And to be honest, I'm really, really glad that the conversation has moved on already, because the reason I keep procrastinating on "my super-important thoughts on Jahudo/inHim" is that it's fucking MIND-NUMBING. (That said, I find it weird that hohum has also completely dropped his suspicion of "confirmed scum" inHimshallibe.) Call this my "gut-driven" side kicking in, but at this point, I don't really care whether inHim's opinions on WLC vs. TL were 100% consistent on page four. There's more to go on.

Secondly...um, where did Espeonage weigh in AT ALL on Jahudo vs. InHim? I know Espeonage's posts like the back of my hand by now, but I checked his ISO just to see if I was misremembering something. Um...he votes you when your lynch looks inevitable, but doesn't mention inHim's name once.

So, has your opinion of Espeonage changed, knowing that he DIDN'T weigh in on Jahudo vs. inHim? I mean, that was the one point you were holding in his favour.

======================================

Since Jahudo keeps bugging me about it, my take on the tunnel war that was Day One (everyone else can feel free to skim the rest of this post)...

To be honest, although I didn't like inHimshallibe's first couple of posts, my vote on him was partly just to poke at someone who wasn't getting attention and see how he'd react. I actually saw his big wall with colour-coded comments and considered unvoting based on how much effort went into it, but decided to save it for when I had more time to read it. Then I pretty much flaked on this game. When I got back, I was kind of proud to see that I'd started a wagon, but the quote war that spawned pages just made my head spin. From what I read of it, Jahudo seemed to be blowing small things out of proportion, hohum's stridency was annoying me, and inHim was wasting a lot of breath defending himself and didn't show any townish colours under pressure.

But I've just reread Day One, and...wow. No, seriously,
that
was the case that distracted the town all day?

I had to read this post and this post about five times to parse the case. Someone finding new reasons for voting a player or not commenting on a suspect's most recent defence post...it's worth questioning him on it, I guess, but all the "no townie would EVER find a reason to do this" is ridiculously overblown. Really, no townie EVER? Jahudo is overselling his case. I don't know, I can see this post is a (poorly worded) version of "Why isn't he commenting on stuff other than the no-lynch vote." So I don't know where all Jahudo's talk of "flip-flopping, hypocritical scum" is coming from.

Jahudo wrote:I have an idea of why Mina as town would still be voting someone she has a town read on. I'd like to see why she did before I say what it is.

Hey, Jahudo, where DID you get the idea that I had a town read on inHimshallibe? Did you just take hohum's word for it?

So what was your theory as to why I left my vote on a "town read"?

Since I wasn't caught up, didn't have a better place to move my vote, and didn't get an overwhelming townish impression from inHimshallibe's posts, I didn't see any reason to unvote unless he was L-2 or closer. There was no reason to reduce the pressure on him. Had I thought inHim was obvtown, I'd have probably white-knighted him, but I wasn't getting the strong town vibes that Ojanen and Gamma were getting. Not going to lie--it was mostly just a gut impression, because I wasn't fully caught up. Some of it was because I didn't quite get the contradiction case, so it probably negatively influenced me against inHim (I assumed I was stupid and missing something important). I also found inHim seemed to spend a lot of energy defending himself. His cases and suspicions were also somewhat lacklustre; in particular, his attacks on hohum felt off (particularly the whole "bus your buddy" thing). Not fond of his buddying up to Equinox here, either. But again, this is me trying to articulate a gut null read.

(That said, it was probably unfair to accuse inHimshallibe of nitpicking--I think I just got that impression because Jahudo kept calling him on nitty-gritty details, so inHim was defending himself from them.)
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:20 am

Post by Ojanen »

I went unexpectedly black on access. sorry. post inside 24 hours. i got prodded; i know non-content is not counted as an answer to it per the rules, but i do not wish to be replaced if possible and will post as soon as home.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:46 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Spent the last several hours rereading the entire game. I need to ask a few questions before deciding if my vote is moving:

1.)
inHimshallibe, do you
actually
believe (and adhere to) this?:

inHimshallibe, Post 149 wrote:If I think someone is scum, I'm going to encourage voting him,
for whatever reason someone wants to give. After we lynch the scum we can sort the reasons out.

If so, why?

2.)
This is bugging me: Jahudo, why did you breadcrumb Princess Celestia, but not your actual
role
? It seems to me that if you’re going to go out of your way to breadcrumb to back yourself up when you claim, you would also breadcrumb your actual role somewhere. Which you apparently did not do.

Additionally, you absolutely have to use your role today. No excuses will be accepted.

I also think that regardless of whether we lynch you, you should try to neighborize two people that are Town. (For the record, I am okay with hohum + Ojanen because I think hohum is Town, and Ojanen is at least leaning town, largely because of Maziek's Post 81).

Also, in case you were thinking about wavering, the reason you should target two people who are Town is because if one of the Neighborized players dies overnight, we have to rely on you and the other claimed neighborized player (i.e., your potential scum-partner) that you actually have the ability you claim to have.

3.)
Mina, what is your opinion of Fluttershy? I am asking for a town/scum dichotomy here. Feel free to explain after you have answered one of those options.

4.)
I see Mina has already asked this question to Jahudo, so I will echo it. Jahudo, please explain this statement:

Jahudo, Post 317 wrote:I have an idea of why Mina as town would still be voting someone she has a town read on. I'd like to see why she did before I say what it is.

5.)
Mina, do you normally swear this much? I have to say, I still feel like your posts feel overdone.

6.)
Primate, are your posts
always
this short? I want to see some meat on the bones from you.

~

More of a note to self here, but if Jahudo flips scum, I will need to look at Cogito Ergo Sum and Mina since they both went out of their way to explain why claiming Neighborizer is pro-town shortly after Jahudo claimed.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:56 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Djelibeybi wrote:More of a note to self here, but if Jahudo flips scum, I will need to look at Cogito Ergo Sum and Mina since they both went out of their way to explain why claiming Neighborizer is pro-town shortly after Jahudo claimed.

Eh, what? If anything, I was suspiciously reticent when it came to this topic, only explaining it when pressed to do so by ßbooey. Mina commenting on what I obviously consider to be a valid point seems entirely appropriate.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:08 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

It is nevertheless there. Though after looking back, I agree it looks worse for Mina than it does for you.

While you're here, and while we're on the subject, do you think Mina's opinion on the topic seems off at all?

Mina, Post 483 wrote:But CES's point about Celestia fitting as a neigbourizer actually makes sense. I've only seen the first few episodes of MLP, but I can't think of any evil characters who'd fit as a neighbourizer. Maybe the pegasi Nighmare Moon sends to tempt Rainbow Dash to betray her friends in the premiere? Nah, too much of a stretch.

Because what gets me is the fact that she makes a single conjecture based off limited knowledge of the show, and then promptly (and with great exaggeration) dismisses it, all to support Jahudo's claim.

Another reason I don't like this post is it seems very reminiscent of what Mina and I pulled off as scum together in
AGoT
, although I will have to check that game to see if she actually did this sort of thing in the game-thread instead of simply thinking of ways to support scum-claims in the scum QT.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:09 am

Post by Primate »

My posts are pretty much always short. Occasionally I'll post more if I'm commenting on multiple people at once or if I feel like I need to own up to something, but I don't normally do it.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:11 am

Post by GLaDOS »

... Processing ...

Hi, Primate. I'll look forward to your analysis of Mina=>Espeonage that you promised earlier. Is there a reason you're not at least voting right now if you've already picked out three people you think are scum?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”