vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:56 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Game over - Town wins.

I'll post my notes and roles etc tomorrow (ish), please save your bitching until then.

I would appreciate some constructive comments on my mistakes after the info has been posted.
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:03 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Town won and I'm still alive!

Town seems overpowered with a mason-scumlike group, a doc, a cop, backup cop, and a limited masonry. With scum, it's the ability to kill protown AND their own teammates. It's like an added bonus, not only can you kill protown you can kill your partners for being an annoyance, kill them now and receive no extra bonuses!

Other than that, I'm fine with everything else except for the thing that happened on day one.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:43 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

Was anyone Razamataz? I'm thinking I should have claimed that, a passifist/roleblocker. Maybe that would have gone over at least a little better.

I did manage to oust Bugsy Malone.
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:59 pm

Post by Adele »

Good Game.
MeMe wrote:I also applaud Foolster41 and Maz Medias for trying their best in an impossible situation
Pfft. I mean, don't get me wrong, yeah, they were good, but
you
got the
town's permission
to
nightkill
a
mason
!

Of course,
my
reason for agreeing to this was to try to get rid of you once and for all.

So, you nightkilled me instead of broomhead. I think I get why you did that :wink: but I'd've expected Fritzler?

Maybe C_D confirmed your role because vIQleS decided to try to make amends?

Anyway, can't wait for the rundown. This is my first win, (even if I
am
dead), so yay!
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:44 am

Post by Maz Medias »

Yeah, this was a ++ unbalanced game. I just wanna say that I supported the Razamataz claim...

I also think that lynched Foolster on the basis of his rolename like that wasn't a particularly good play, and just happened to be lucky in this game. Again, this may be my MiseTings teething showing through.

Good game to all, nonetheless. I was half-expecting Adele's group to be scum, heh.
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:28 am

Post by Pariah »

Not much to say, unbalanced, etc.

'Twas fun. I should have made a better hammer vote.
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Adele »

You should've waited a couple minutes before unvoting MeMe on Day... 4, was it? Then I'd've had a chance to pop on the hammer. I would've been happy to look way suss if it meant getting
her
out of the way... she was such a thorn in my side, from back when she stalled the mass name-claim (and hoo-boy she did a good job of that too).

She was right, btw. I'd've done anything, including kill every other townie, to make the mason group a majority :D .

The only reason I vetoed the early vigs is because there was a (dire but unspecified) penalty to vigging... a... townie...

OMG! Maybe that was the balance; the two times we tried to vig someone it was MeMe, scum, and it didn't go through. Maybe our vig wouldn't work on scum (my "people" were characterised as "bumbling fools") but attempted vigs on townies would go through
and
would backfire, killing, say, both the townie and Fritzler. None of that would contravene the "mods shouldn't lie" ideology, since none of it actually contradicts anything he said. And it
could
make the game more balanced than it would otherwise have appeared...
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:49 am

Post by broomhead »

by show of hands or whatever, how many of you thought one of us masons were scum?
BAMB!
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:52 am

Post by Adele »

:roll: broomhead, they
all
did. Or at least, they were all worried it was reasonably likely.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:19 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

I thought Broomhead was scum. Fritzler and Adele I believe they were protown. Hmm, a mason group that can kill anyone but scum? That's funny.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:38 pm

Post by Adele »

I totally hope I'm right; do you think the game would have been balanced if I was right and also, say, Fritzler had been the boss and I'd been the lackey?

While both Fritzler and broomhead wanted to use their vig abilities, both had, at some time, been asked to make the decision to vig someone or not (eg, broomhead wanted to vig someone but I wasn't sure, or vice versa, I'd let Fritzler tie-break) and had vetoed vigs on pro-towners. Patterns like that are how I knew they were both pro-town for ultra sure, when I wouldn't have suspected them for saying "yeah, I think we should go for that vig.

Fritzler makes it sound like I ruled with an iron fist or something :P . I only vetoed majorly the first and maybe the second night.

Sorry for the obsessive posting; I have had
such
itchy fingers to post in this thread since I died.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:46 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I thought probability was high enough to push for a lynch to certify the truth of the mason group. Even then we would have numbers so I felt it safe.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:56 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Tamuz
You are ‘Bugsy Malone’.

o/~You’re a sinner, candy coated. For all your friends you always seem to be alone. But they love you – (Bugsy Malone). ~/o

Each night you can investigate another player – if you find Blousey you will be able to talk to each other at night.

--===--

MeMe
You are 'Dandy Dan - Gang Boss'.

You and your gang of thugs are trying to take New York. Armed with the newly invented 'Splurge Guns', you suddenly have the upper hand against your no. 1 rival: Fat Sam.

Your war has not been going well up to this point - most of your gang have either been hit with custard pies or have run away - leaving you with only Foolster41 and N_lich to do your dirty work.

Your goal is the elimination of Fat Sam's gang and the patrons of Fat Sam's Grandslam Speakeasy.

You have the one time ability to splurge a member of your own gang. This should remain a secret to your thugs.

You, Foolster41 and N_lich may talk at night

Each night you will PM the name of the player that you want your thugs to splurge.

Note: Godfather - If player has claimed a role before being investigated, clues will point to claimed role name

--===--

Foolster41
You are 'Shoulders - Thug’.

You are a loyal member of Dandy Dan's gang. So far most of the gang have either been hit with custard pies or have run away. You and N_lich are the only two thugs that remain to fight the remnants of Fat Sam's gang. Armed with the new 'Splurge Guns' you and N_lich can splurge one target every night.

You, MeMe and N_lich may talk at night.

--===--

N_lich
You are 'Benny - Thug'.

You are a loyal member of Dandy Dan's gang. So far most of the gang have either been hit with custard pies or have run away.
You and Foolster41 are the only two thugs that remain to fight the remnants of Fat Sam's gang.

Armed with the new 'Splurge Guns' you and Foolster41 can splurge one target every night.

You, MeMe and Foolster41 may talk at night.

--===--

Adele
You are “Fat Sam – Gang Boss”.

You are the owner and proprietor of ‘Fat Sam’s Grandslam Speakeasy’, and the leader of a bumbling ineffectual team of gangsters. Your somewhat more organised archenemy Dandy Dan has just sourced a deadly new type of weapon – the Splurge Gun, with which he intends to wipe out not only the rest of your gang, but all of your customers and friends as well. You have the option of ordering your two remaining gang members – Knuckles and Roxy the Weasel – to hit one player per night, however, they are bumbling boobs armed with second rate weapons, so don’t expect them to get it right every time.

Special Note:

Be careful with your ability – there are consequences for splurging an innocent…

Note: If they splurge an innocent Smolski will be immediately notified. (Gets clues pointing to Fat Sam or one of thugs) Kill = 25%

--===--

Fritzler
You are 'Knuckles - Thug'.

You are a loyal member of Fat Sam's gang. So far most of the gang have either been splurged or run away. You and Snake-Eyes are the only two thugs that remain to fight the remnants of Dandy Dan's gang. Armed with (now hopelessly obsolete) custard pies you and Snake-Eyes can splurge one target every night. (On the orders of Fat Sam only)

You, Adele and broomhead can talk at night.

--===--

broomhead
You are Snake-Eyes - Thug'.

You are a loyal member of Fat Sam's gang. So far most of the gang have either been splurged or run away.
You and Knuckles are the only two thugs that remain to fight the remnants of Dandy Dan's gang.

Armed with (now hopelessly obsolete) custard pies you and Knuckles can splurge one target every night. (On the orders of Fat Sam only)

You, Adele and Fritzler can talk at night.

--===--

Aelyn
You are ‘Tallulah – Singer’

You are also Fat Sam’s girlfriend. (Although – just like all the other girls – you are hopelessly in love with Bugsy)

Special Condition:
If anyone role-claims Bugsy Malone, you will support and agree with everything he says..

--===--

Talitha
You are ‘Blousy Brown – Singer’

Down on your luck you are trying to find work as a singer in New York. Your horoscope says you might meet a dark handsome stranger…

--===--

Alexander/Stark
You are ‘Captain Smolsky – Flatfoot’.

You can choose to investigate one player each night. You will be able to gather a few clues as to the identity of that player.

Although the usual rules apply you may post the results of your investigations.

Notes: Gets clues as to the identity of target

--===--

chaotic_diablo
You are ‘O’Dreary – Police Lieutenant’.

Your job is primarily to get in the way of Captain Smolsky’s investigations. However, if Captain Smolsky dies, you will be presented with all of his case notes and asked to take over his job.

Notes: Will get sent all cop investigations and results

--===--

Pariah
You are ‘Fizzy – Janitor and Wannabe Tap-Dancer’

You are the Janitor at Fat Sam’s Grandslam Speakeasy. You are also a pretty fly tap-dancer although your requests to perform on stage are always met with an uncaring “Tomorrow…”

Special Condition:
You must make a reference to tap-dancing at least once in the game and also make mention of the fact that tomorrow never comes. The town cannot win unless you have done this. (You may post once immediately after your death if you have not fulfilled this requirement). Try and be subtle, the two references should not be obvious to the other players.

Notes: When both requirements are met, becomes doc.
Show
[size=75]

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:57 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Bugsy Finds Blousy –

“If she’s here about the audition Bugsy, she’s got a long wait. Every day they tell me to come back tomorrow.”

You have found Blousey. You may now communicate at night with *****.

--===--

Bugsy Finds Blousy

“What’s your name?”
“Brown”
“Sounds like a loaf of Bread”
“Blousey Brown”
“Sounds like a stale loaf of bread”
“Pleased to meet you – I’m Bugsy Malone.”

***** is Bugsy Malone – You may communicate with him at night.”
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:59 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Hints for Cops:

Bugsy Malone: Everyone seems to love *****. Good looking and a fast talker, you’ve seen this player addressing a ‘Fourth Wall’ from time to time.

Dandy Dan: A little Slimy, although a snappy dresser **** lives in a very well-appointed mansion and is often seen in the company of a number of suspicious characters.

Shoulders: A goon of low intelligence, ***** is suspected in a number of unsolved crimes… Although obviously some sort of lowlife he is frequently seen at a large mansion in the nice part of town

Benny: A goon of low intelligence, ***** is suspected in a number of unsolved crimes… Although obviously some sort of lowlife he is frequently seen at a large mansion in the nice part of town

Fat Sam: ***** is an overweight angry man, and is often seen in the vicinity of a suspiciously unsuspicious bookshop with a small number of unsavoury characters.

Knuckles: **** Seems to have a bad habit of cracking his knuckles. Not what you’d call leadership material, this player is obviously a follower.

Snake-Eyes: Always playing with a pair of dice. ***** comes across as very shifty and a little dumb.

Tallulah: Very pretty, ***** appears to be a professional singer, although she doesn’t seem to work at any restaurants or theatres in the area.

Blousy Brown: A shy, unremarkable girl, although those that have heard her sing say she has a surprisingly remarkable talent.

Smolsky: If you are reading this message it means that you were stupid enough to investigate yourself. Congratulations for playing in character; although unfortunately because you are so inept as a police officer, you aren’t even able to find any information of value about yourself.

O'Dreary: Although you don’t get any scum vibes from *****, you do experience an inexplicable feeling of rage and frustration

Fizzy: ***** seems to be black and so is obviously guilty of something. Appears to be a fulltime janitor although what a small bookshop needs with a fulltime janitor….
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:15 pm

Post by vIQleS »

That's everything...

I'll let you all post night choices where its not obvious...

Balance:

The cop only got clues, nothing useful - (actually turned out to be more useful than I thought, and probably didn't need a backup.)

There was no doc originally, but I had fizzy with a pointless posting requirement. And I was actually worried because the town didn't have any protection - so I decided that he would become the doc when he completed his requirements.

Dandy Dan's 1 off mafia kill was a bit of a red herring - it was there for theme reasons only. She asked if it was additional to their normal choice, and because I didn't really expect her to use it I decided that it should replace night kill. (This could have been a way to swing a bit more toward the mafia, but at the time I didn't realise how much the mason group helped the town.

Masons. What can I say. I included a mason group because it fit so well with the theme - gang vs gang. I toned the towns abilities down a little to try and compensate. Obviously not enough.

I think the two main things that lost the game for the mafia, was the poor role claims by the mafia, and meme's trying to shutdown the mass roleclaim. (Which was obviously related.)

This was partly my fault - i had assumed that there would be plenty of info on the internet regarding the characters in the movie. If I had checked and realised it would be so hard, I would have given them some safe claims to choose from. But by time i realised they had already made those awful claims... :roll: :oops:
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:57 am

Post by MeMe »

In fairness -- our "awful" roleclaims were rather necessary since there were limited roles from which to choose and we couldn't claim
obvious
ones. Razamataz would've been great, sure, if we'd KNOWN FOR SURE he didn't already exist in the set-up. Not to nitpick, but the set-up was the main thing that "lost the game for the mafia."

As for shutting down the mass role claim...um...I "supported" it on day one. And I rather think I made a helluva lot of pro-town sense when I tried to stop it on day two. Remember, the person arguing hardest for it to continue was a
mason
, who had quite a bit more information -- and therefore knew it would only help a group of three confirmeds -- than the rest of the town did.

I mean,
please

The cops? Backup was bad enough...but for him
also
to get all prior results was ridiculous.

I'm also kind of skeptical about that mod note under my role above as c_d didn't immediately get a result for me -- I had to prod you to give him one. At the very least, I should've been told that the cop would see whatever I told him to see, then my role claim could've been a LOT more assured. I could've claimed
anyone
and had the cop investigation back me up...but I was completely unaware of that angle. Like I said, the majority had assurances and powers -- while the minority was in the dark. It's backwards mafia.

I do, once again, commend you for sticking with this and doing what you could to balance things after the fact -- but I'm a little miffed that you're trying to make our play look poor. Once the mass roleclaim was suggested by Alexander and confirmed by you as being good for the town, we were pretty much screwed.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Alexander
Alexander
Goon
Alexander
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:12 am

Post by Alexander »

On Night 1, I flipped a coin whether to investigate MeMe or Fritzler. Had it landed the other way, game would've been mostly over on Day 1, leaving 2 vanilla mafia to fend for themselves against a vastly overpowered town.

I have to commend the scum for sticking to their guns for so long, especially MeMe.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:14 am

Post by MeMe »

Alexander -- you're a scary player. You made my heart pound every time I saw you as the last post in here. You and Adele... :)
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Alexander
Alexander
Goon
Alexander
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:16 am

Post by Alexander »

Whoa, do not lead me down the path of temptation... I just might sig that.
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:09 am

Post by broomhead »

yeah MeMe, i must commend you too, for being the mafia boss, at some points you had me doubting myself and thinking fritzler was the secret mafia and that you may have just been an innocent bystander. you sounded so angry at points for me persucuting you since day one i thought for sure the town was going to take your side...which they kinda did...
BAMB!
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:24 am

Post by vIQleS »

MeMe wrote: but I'm a little miffed that you're trying to make our play look poor.
I'm not trying to make your play look poor - I did say it was partly my fault for not checking that the information was available first. If everyone had had a good rolelaim at the beginning ie "I'm Oscar develt..." then it wouldn't have been so obvious who was scum... you might have lynched a couple of town...

So it's all my fault, I underestimated the power of a mason group in a small game - I started with theme and then tried to balance it.

MeMe lasted a lot longer than I thought once everyone had pointed out how bad the setup was... That's good play.

I hope you all had a good time anyway - 40 pages is a good game..

Remeber that this is only my 2nd time modding - next time it will be better.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:31 am

Post by Foolster41 »

Note to self: Never claim unnamed character in themed game.

Wow. I knew it was over there at the end, It just was so unbalanced I was pretty sure even Meme couldn't win. I was enjoying reading it though, knowing Meme was scum and managing to persuade the town to allow her to kill a mason.
Meme is scary. :)

That kill your own scum thing is interesting and surprised me, There was a topic not too long ago about that abillity in mafia discussion.

Good game all, good game mod. I hope we all wern't too hard on you. It was a good concept and good try at it,
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:58 am

Post by Maz Medias »

The "kill a thug" ability is intended to help the godfather fake a vig claim, right?
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:28 pm

Post by Pariah »

Dear Mod, you shouldn't be "shamed." It was an enjoyable game overall, even if the set up wasn't balanced. I've played in games that were balanced but sucked. It was fun. (Of course, I was on the non-screwed town side...)
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”