hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:25 pm

Post by hohum »

Fluttershy wrote:
hohum wrote:I would like you to confirm your role. You're welcome to pick any of the three of Myself, Primate or Ojanen to neighborize with any other person in the game.

Odd list you have here. You spend D1 saying that you would be willing to vote for Ojanen's slot and Primate's slot was leaning scum. Today, you pick those two to join you in a "confirmable" group and that Ojanen will not be lynched. Puzzling how you came to this list...

Please point out where I ever mentioned interest in voting Ojanen's player slot. I've had a town read on that slot the entire game.

Your point about Primate's player slot is a valid point but all I have to say about that is CHESSKID. Since primate joined the game my opinion about that player slot has changed dramatically.

The reasons behind my choices will become clear once Jahudo's role is confirmed.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:16 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Ok so marathons got in the way.
Don't @ me.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Day 2, Votecount #2: The SPACE Votecount

Mina:
hohum, Pinkie Pie (L-4)
Espeonage:
Equinox, Mina (L-4)
Equinox:
Cogito Ergo Sum
Ojanen:
Jahudo
Fluttershy:
InHimshallibe

Not Voting:
Eseponage, Fluttershy,
Inhimshallibe
Mina
, Ojanen,
Pinkie Pie
, Primate

Day 2 deadlineDeadline is (expired on 2011-07-18 11:30:00) which is the 18th of July at 11:30am EST.

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.
Last edited by Twilight Sparkle on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:17 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Primate replaced TheLonging, right?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:01 am

Post by hohum »

inHimshallibe wrote:Primate replaced TheLonging, right?

right
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:02 am

Post by hohum »

sorry. Having trouble keeping track of replacements. But the point is about the same
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:13 am

Post by hohum »

Ojanen replace Maziek. +town on that slot. Always has been.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:23 am

GlaDOS replaces Equinox, thank you kindly GlaDOS
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:30 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Unvote, vote: Fluttershy
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:32 am

Post by GLaDOS »

Hello, friends. I will begin processing the game in three, two, ...
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:10 am

Post by GLaDOS »

… Processing …

Just finished reading, though I will probably reread the game again in the next few days because I got a bit lost at points and started skimming at times. Annoyingly, I don’t have any strong reads right now. But this is where I am currently at:

Probably Town

hohum
Fluttershy

Somewhere Slightly Under Probably Town

Cogito Ergo Sum (rep. chesskid3)
Jahudo

Oscillating Between Looking Town and Not Looking Town

Ojanen (rep. Maziek)
inHimshallibe

Probably Scum (Largely for Lack of Looking Like Town
At All
)

Primate (rep. TheLonging)
Mina
Pinkie Pie
Espeonage

~

Biggest explanation required here is probably Fluttershy. I was not a fan of her (lack of) posting on the whole, but ultimately when I got to Post 393 I decided she was probably Town. This is mostly because I have had this
exact
same experience as Town: I am voting for somebody, then I suddenly catch a breadcrumb, I get cold feet , and then unvote without explanation because I started second-guessing. I figured that was what had happened even before her explanation in Post 549 because it mirrored what I did in another game so closely.

That said, I don’t think Fluttershy’s unvote was a particularly well-thought-out unvote, precisely because scum in this game have safe-claims. But it nevertheless reads to me like Town who has her heart in the right place. (Also, I don’t see why scum would really feel an urge to unvote somebody simply because they discovered a crumb that doesn’t even say anything about the actual role behind the player.)

~

I am painfully aware that everybody in my “probably scum” category have all been relatively inactive, and so at first blush it might seem as though I am avoiding taking on the more active players in the game, or that I am trying to focus my attention on “easy targets.” So I will simply note that my reads on them are more due to the fact that everybody else looks Townier than they do, and there isn’t a single player who is really screaming “scum” to me right now. If they start posting in a way that makes me think they are Town, or if somebody starts looking like scum, I will shift gears. Until then:

Vote: Mina
. Mina, how similar do you think your play in this game is to your play in A Game of Thrones Mafia? Do you feel like you are playing better, or worse? Why?

FoS: Pinkie Pie
. It seems like every time somepony mentions something negative about you,
that
is when you suddenly pop in to say something. I’ll be honest: you are playing like a euglena. And not a particularly interesting specimen, at that. You sit there and do nothing, but when somebody flashes a light on you, you squirm just a bit as if to show you are still alive.

~

Mod
: In the future, I request using something different in your vote counts to display deadlines. All of Day One says just says “expired,” and that makes it difficult to really read the game in proper context.

... nap time ...
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:18 am

Oh, good catch. I'll make sure and edit in the deadline date after the countdown, that should solve that nicely.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Mina »

To be honest, I'm really not enjoying this game. I'll try to continue with the ISO extravaganza later on, though (why couldn't someone on the lower half of the alphabet have been nightkilled?).

Just realized I never answered Equinox's questions (I remember they were about my read on Gamma and...something else). I don't know if they're relevant anymore now that Equinox has replaced out and Gamma is dead, but I can if anyone cares. I still forgot to answer some of Jahudo's, as well.

Espeonage wrote:@ Mina: Have you seen how much I have looked at this game. If you want something instant I would go to the vote count and look at the analysis. from what I did see it was the kind of easy lynch wagon that scum work hard to remain impartial about until the end. So I would be looking there at the moment. Also the person on tipping point should be under scrutiny, taking in to account the race-esqe finish the the day we had.

That's not at all what I meant.

That's the kind of generic thing you can say about any game at all, without actually having read it. When you noticed that the WLC lynch looked like the kind of lynch scum would only join at the end, did you happen to see the names of
one
of the posters not wanting to vote him? You knew enough about WLC to realize he was an easy lynch, but not enough about anyone else?

Hey, here's an opinion of yours. Do you remember you thought Equinox was town for her soft claim on page one? Does that still ring a bell? Do you stil think Equinox/GlaDOS is town, or did you change your mind?

Oh, I give up.

How's this? I just ignore you for the rest of the day and hope you get replaced, or else I go back to you as the default lynch at deadline unless someone else does something to give me a strong scum read? Trying to engage with you is like talking to a rock.

GlaDOS wrote:Vote: Mina. Mina, how similar do you think your play in this game is to your play in A Game of Thrones Mafia? Do you feel like you are playing better, or worse? Why?

It's hard to answer this, because obviously playing "well" as scum or as town have completely different criteria. (For example, I generally look more sincere when I'm town, but am probably a better scum player overall because my reads are always mediocre.) But in all honesty, I think I've been playing
much
worse here. I'm not even annoyed that I'm getting wagoned, because I'm embarrassed by my play. I've barely questioned or pressured anyone, because I've been stuck in catch-up hell, and my reads are shit because half the posts in this game make my eyes glaze over. Meanwhile, AGoT was probably the best scum game I've played on this site (even though I remember your reaction to reading the QT was "what the hell are you guys doing?") I suppose the main difference is that here I'm second-guessing myself more and evaluating all the options, whereas I think I tend to lock onto one or two easy targets as scum and make logical-sounding frame cases on them. But in terms of Mafia skill alone...

That said, in my defence, I legitimately couldn't keep up with any of my games for a week and a half because of Goofbash. I also think my playstyle has changed a lot in the past year, and not entirely for the better. I'm much lazier and more indecisive, for example. I also think I've become more gut-driven.

Your turn. Do you see any similarities between here and
AGoT
? I mean, to me, it's pretty much night and day. I understand finding me scummy for having been MIA on D1, but definitely not for fitting my
Game of Thrones
meta.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:07 pm

GLaDoS, would you mind if I used the regular nickname?

Mina wrote:Just realized I never answered Equinox's questions (I remember they were about my read on Gamma and...something else). I don't know if they're relevant anymore now that Equinox has replaced out and Gamma is dead, but I can if anyone cares. I still forgot to answer some of Jahudo's, as well.

Why would you even consider doing this?

Mina wrote:I also think I've become more gut-driven.

That's a good thing, just fyi.

P.S. 6000 posts, woo.

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Mina »

That's what the "if anyone cares" was for--obviously I won't bother unless someone thinks it would help them reach some deep conclusion about my alignment for some reason. But am I the only one who ever feels bad about ignoring questions? <_<
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by Jahudo »

unvote

I'll go along with hohum's plan today because it sounds like he does have inside info that might get to a better read on other players not just myself. I don't know how but I'll trust him for now.

welcome glados. you bring up an interesting take on fluttershy's explanation for unvoting me around deadline. i dont find it as unusual to disregard the fact that scum have fakeclaims, because gamma was willing to do that with equinox. i still think its a null tell but some town will disagree.

I was trying to be obvious with my crumbing by the time I said "banish to the moon" so I don't think its town or scum for fluttershy to pick up on the crumbing. I can't think of any problem I have with her unvote actually, because the timing looks right and the way she had it as a "secret unvote reasoning" makes her more open to criticism if my mislynch had gone through and people were looking for bad scum hop-offs or hop-ons.

I don't know who to vote at the moment. Mina's catchup mode is getting old the longer its been since goofbash ended and this being a mini game that's not really booming with new pages each day. I just want to know her take on jahudo vs. inhim.

re: inhim 543
fluttershy's vote was slightly concerning because I like openness in games but with her defense I see it makes sense.
I can't read CES well, his vote and actions looked normal for him yesterday.
I'm more suspicious of Espy than feeling good about him. It has to do with a lack of expanding on his opinions of WLC being scum bait and me looking like scum when there was still time to argue the wagon one wanted and not the one they had to settle for and not being faulted for disagreeing with it.
Equinox's vote was okay and his play was okay. I think he was clearer with his read changes than others. I think that slot is townish.

I might vote espy. I need to iso him again when i have more time.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:11 pm

Mina wrote:That's what the "if anyone cares" was for--obviously I won't bother unless someone thinks it would help them reach some deep conclusion about my alignment for some reason.

I was aware of that point (I suppose I should've acknowledged it explicitly in my question) and it's not really what my question is about. With the questioner gone, these are just random topics for all intents and purposes. There's no pro-town reason for you to single out these topics.

Mina wrote:But am I the only one who ever feels bad about ignoring questions? <_<

Hey, I routinely give facetious answers to completely valid questions. If the questions are important enough, they'll be repeated.

P.S. smiley tell

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Espeonage wrote:
hohum wrote:holy fucking hell Espe is useless.

Go look at time left to lynch.

Espy explain this post. Why did you just leave the discussion at that and not give people a real answer about your reads?
And you were still voting me in this post but also must have seen two quick votes on WLC. Why did you not try to argue for the wagon you preferred at this point? Why didn't you say whether WLC still looked like lynch bait or something to that extent?

I can't think of a good excuse why you wouldn't do that if you were serious about preferring my wagon over WLC's. You had just ISO'ed so you didn't need to read anything to make a post with some opinions. I have a hard time believing you couldn't take a few minutes to write something more.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Mina wrote:
Espeonage wrote:@ Mina: Have you seen how much I have looked at this game. If you want something instant I would go to the vote count and look at the analysis. from what I did see it was the kind of easy lynch wagon that scum work hard to remain impartial about until the end. So I would be looking there at the moment. Also the person on tipping point should be under scrutiny, taking in to account the race-esqe finish the the day we had.

That's not at all what I meant.

That's the kind of generic thing you can say about any game at all, without actually having read it. When you noticed that the WLC lynch looked like the kind of lynch scum would only join at the end, did you happen to see the names of
one
of the posters not wanting to vote him? You knew enough about WLC to realize he was an easy lynch, but not enough about anyone else?

Hey, here's an opinion of yours. Do you remember you thought Equinox was town for her soft claim on page one? Does that still ring a bell? Do you stil think Equinox/GlaDOS is town, or did you change your mind?

Oh, I give up.

How's this? I just ignore you for the rest of the day and hope you get replaced, or else I go back to you as the default lynch at deadline unless someone else does something to give me a strong scum read? Trying to engage with you is like talking to a rock.

I haven't read it. But it gives me a starting place with which to catch up.
Null. Day 1 tell to give other reads something to revolve around. need a starting point.
Rocks are good listeners. Haven't you ever just talked to a rock?
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Jahudo wrote:
Espeonage wrote:
hohum wrote:holy fucking hell Espe is useless.

Go look at time left to lynch.

Espy explain this post. Why did you just leave the discussion at that and not give people a real answer about your reads?
And you were still voting me in this post but also must have seen two quick votes on WLC. Why did you not try to argue for the wagon you preferred at this point? Why didn't you say whether WLC still looked like lynch bait or something to that extent?

I can't think of a good excuse why you wouldn't do that if you were serious about preferring my wagon over WLC's. You had just ISO'ed so you didn't need to read anything to make a post with some opinions. I have a hard time believing you couldn't take a few minutes to write something more.

Because at the time all I wanted was a lynch. I thought WLC was town. He wasn't my preferred lynch. but when you are that close to deadline it is a bit hard to derail the wagon when the only other competing wagon had just been derailed itself.
Don't @ me.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

… Processing …

Mina, Post 562 wrote:Your turn. Do you see any similarities between here and
AGoT
? I mean, to me, it's pretty much night and day. I understand finding me scummy for having been MIA on D1, but definitely not for fitting my
Game of Thrones
meta.

I would have to read back on your play in that game to give you an honest answer – I don’t really remember much of your play in-thread that much (although I do recall your play in the scum QT decently well). I asked this question largely to see how you would respond.

Mina, Post 562 wrote:I suppose the main difference is that here I'm second-guessing myself more and evaluating all the options, whereas I think I tend to lock onto one or two easy targets as scum and make logical-sounding frame cases on them.

This is not very convincing.

First, I seem to recall in
AGoT
you went out of your way to post things like “I’m torn on X” and “my mind is at war on Y.” In other words, I do seem to remember that your posts in that game definitely had an agenda of trying to convince the Town that you were constantly mentally embroiled in the game (as if to suggest you were Town frustrated with scum hunting because you couldn’t make up your mind). If this is a wrong assessment, let me know. I will probably try to find time to at least isolate your posts in
AGoT
to check up on this, but right now my priority will be trying to read this game over again before I start doing any outside research on somebody's meta.

In any case, in
this
game, you are continually claiming you do not feel caught up. And so I certainly would
not
really expect you to be "locking on" to a player and "making logical-sounding frame cases on them." Even so, it seems to me like you have pretty much “locked on” to Espeonage, who I’m sure you’ll agree
is
an “easy target.” At the very least, Espeonage is literally the only player you have voted beyond your initial vote of inHimshallibe. Would you mind refreshing me on if you have any other scumreads?

Also, please explain why you recently used these quips:

Mina, Post 529 wrote:I am going to blow your mind.

Mina, Post 562 wrote:Oh, I give up.

I really think at times you are trying too hard to make it
look
like you’re trying hard.

~

Cogito Ergo Sum, 563 wrote:GLaDoS, would you mind if I used the regular nickname?

I suppose I can’t object; just be sure other players know what you are talking about.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:58 am

Ojanen and Primate will be prodded
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:15 am

I agree those snippets feel off, Djelibeybi.

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Mina »

GlaDOS wrote:This is not very convincing.

<snip>

...I'm just curious about something. Have you ever seen a town game of mine?

Because it's not even a contest. I second-guess myself MUCH more as town.

But okay, fine. I won't deny that Espeonage is an easy target (although you yourself said that no one looks blindingly scummy among the active players). I wasn't trying to argue that my play here should confirm me as town or something because it's
so
unlike my scum meta. (Hell, I have no clue why I'm giving you
more
ammunition, but I'll be honest and say my scum play has changed a lot since AGoT.) But you asked me how I thought my play differed from that in
Game of Thrones
. What I remember most about my play that game were my long, somewhat forced cases on players like Bogre and Buttonmen, in which I blew up little misplays of theirs and linked them to my scumbuddies before flips (well, that, and tunneling on poor Macavity Lock because I thought he was the serial killer). Now that you mention it, I remember making token indecisive comments about Inquisition and Seacore, but maybe those didn't stand out to me because I always do that? I mean, I'm kind of surprised that you thought one of the defining features of my play there was my indecision. From my POV, I feel like I'm much more aimless here.

I really don't know how to answer an accusation like "trying to convince the Town that you were constantly mentally embroiled in the game (as if to suggest you were Town frustrated with scum hunting because you couldn’t make up your mind)." Because everything in brackets is pretty much how I
always
am. If your gut tells you my indecision looks fake in this game, that's one thing, but I can't change my playstyle.

I'll save my reads for another post, since this also answers Jahudo's questions about inHim vs. Jahudo from yesterday.

Also, please explain why you recently used these quips:

I assume your point is that you think those quotes sounded fake, so I'm not sure why you're asking me for reasons, but fine:

"I am going to blow your mind" was me being a smartass. hohum's constant "that wasn't a Mina vote" rhetoric was making me tetchy, particularly after his "stop giving your worthless reads and go back to doing your nails" speech from yesterday. If you notice the quote to which I was responding, I was calling attention to the fact that his top scum read was voting his
other
scum read (so clearly he was getting
something
wrong).

Espeonage was posting nothing but "I don't know, I haven't read the game" every time someone asked him for an opinion, so I basically figured questioning him or interacting with him from that point further was a waste of time. He wasn't going to fight back or say something that would shed light on his alignment.

I really think at times you are trying too hard to make it look like you’re trying hard.

Then I'm doing a pretty terrible job at it.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:54 pm

Mina wrote:Hell, I have no clue why I'm giving you
more
ammunition

I like what this implies.

Mina wrote:"I am going to blow your mind" was me being a smartass.

Not really. More like a failed attempt at smartassery. It was a pretty predictable vote. Suggests a disconnect between you and your suspicions now that I think about it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”