Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:19 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Yes, Baby's post feels rather forced but I'm not liking the MoI wagon, at least not until I see more proof of his meta which is the main case against him from what I see.

Talked with Regfan for all of 5 minutes before he had to go to another party, he only had time to skim the thread and didn't have time to update his reads though. I still have his old ones from around page 10 if anyone wants to see them.

I like my invictus/vote where it is for now.

That's L-4 for Magna lynch, for everyone too lazy to count the votes.

By the way Sil, mind telling us why you're voting MoI since everyone else is doing it for meta? Looking at your wiki I didn't find a single game with him. Bandwagon harder.

-Shift
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:29 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Quilford wrote:
silavor wrote:Elli, where are all your elliplanz? Why are you just sheeping, rather than your usual scheming? And how do you fail so epicly at reading me? I thought you were better than that. Also, BS's last post feels rather forced. Possible scumteam found? I think yes.

vote: MoI

Invictus: Baby Spice

ohhhh dear

Invictus: silavor

Oh dear indeed. May I suggest the great combo deal of lynching sil and invictusing one of Baby/Zach/Gut?

And on second thought, my invictus is better used on someone who needs to be pressured more. Spice has enough pressure as it is.

Uninvictus, Invictus: Zachrulez

-Shift

Invictus Count
Baby Spice (5): Fate, danceHello, Zachrulez, Benmage, silavor
Zachrulez (1): Duplicity
Gut (2): VitaminR, DGB
Silavor (4): Gut, Ban, Quilford, Nautilus
DrippingGoofBall (1): Baby Spice

With 16 alive it takes 9 To hammer an INVICTUS

Well, at least on the Invictus he chose an OK wagon.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
danceHello
danceHello
Townie
danceHello
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Post by danceHello »

Duplicity wrote:May I suggest the great combo deal of lynching sil and invictusing one of Baby/Zach/Gut?

Unvote

You just proposed invictusing three of my top four scumreads (MoI being the other) so I can't possibly justify voting you. I'll elaborate on them tomorrow. I don't know how dedicated my other head was to our vote for you but he'll just have to deal.

- PBuG
P.S. inHim, DEALWITHIT
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

danceHello wrote:
- PBuG
P.S. inHim, DEALWITHIT

SpyreX wrote:And yes, I hate hydras in 95% of cases. The second they stop being one body, one mind they're a pox and should be massacred.

Invictus danceHello
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:59 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Baby Spice's wincon involves killing townies.

Why invictus her instead of the more sure thing of lynching her?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
danceHello
danceHello
Townie
danceHello
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:04 am

Post by danceHello »

Dealt with.

-inHim
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:06 am

Post by Vi »

Mini Vote Count:
:right: MagnaofIllusion (L-4) ~ Fate, Tarhalindur, Nautilius, VitaminR, silavor
silavor (L-6) ~
Fate, Quilford,
Duplicity, Benmage,
Tarhalindur, Nautilius,
MagnaofIllusion
Duplicity (L-8) ~
danceHello,
Ban
Tarhalindur (L-8) ~ Gut,
VitaminR

Baby Spice (L-8) ~
Fate,
DrippingGoofball
Gut (L-8) ~
DrippingGoofball,
Zachrulez
Fate (L-8) ~ Baby Spice
Zachrulez (L-8) ~ Quilford
Quilford (L-9) ~
silavor

(Minimum L-9)

Not Voting:
MagnaofIllusion,
The Illuminati,
Fate,
danceHello

--Deadline is Tuesday, July 12 at 2100 EST. ((expired on 2011-07-12 21:00:00))
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:49 am

Post by Benmage »

Ooph the speed of this game is gonna be tough while on vacation... haven't read yet, but sad to see he last VC and votes not on sil or baby spice.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:14 am

Post by VitaminR »

Duplicity, here's some games I thought would be roughly comparable that I used to check Magna's meta, having not really played with him before: American Gods, Storms of Swords, Stars Aligned III, MetaMafia.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:30 am

Post by Zachrulez »

So Baby Spice is scum.

Unvote: Vote: Baby Spice

Invictus: Gut

Oh Magna, are you trying to say that Fate would play smarter as scum? I'm not really getting your reasoning for calling him town except that you did it in a way that dismisses him out of hand. I'm not liking that.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Duplicity wrote:Yes, Baby's post feels rather forced but I'm not liking the MoI wagon, at least not until I see more proof of his meta which is the main case against him from what I see.

Talked with Regfan for all of 5 minutes before he had to go to another party, he only had time to skim the thread and didn't have time to update his reads though. I still have his old ones from around page 10 if anyone wants to see them.

I like my invictus/vote where it is for now.

Well it's nice to know you like where it is...

Duplicity wrote:

Oh dear indeed. May I suggest the great combo deal of lynching sil and invictusing one of Baby/Zach/Gut?

And on second thought, my invictus is better used on someone who needs to be pressured more. Spice has enough pressure as it is.

Uninvictus, Invictus: Zachrulez

-Shift

Invictus Count
Baby Spice (5): Fate, danceHello, Zachrulez, Benmage, silavor
Zachrulez (1): Duplicity
Gut (2): VitaminR, DGB
Silavor (4): Gut, Ban, Quilford, Nautilus
DrippingGoofBall (1): Baby Spice

With 16 alive it takes 9 To hammer an INVICTUS

Well, at least on the Invictus he chose an OK wagon.

HEY WAIT A MINUTE. You come on me for pressure? Really? Maybe you're just trying to fufill what you said earlier here.

Duplicity wrote:

My invictus is likely to change again before the day is up, but my vote is not.

Wouldn't want to do something crazy like keep your invictus vote on scum now would you? Or explain why Gut was apparently a bad vote.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Fate »

Time for some LOLMOISCUM meta time.

I'll even compare it to his town meta for funsies
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
danceHello
danceHello
Townie
danceHello
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:37 am

Post by danceHello »

voteMOI

Been meaning to do that ever since I pointed it out. So there.

:tothebatcave:

-inHim
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Fate »

Fate’s soft-claiming was on par with the norm IMO … no way for scum to tell if he’s serious or not. See Blackest Night where he hinted at being a Cop as a Gunsmith.

As for the read based on the Apok flip I’ll detail it as concisely and clearly as possible.

Fate replaced into a not great slot (Nexus).

He identifies Apok, a player who is a low contributor (aka possible lurking scum) immediately as scum and gets Town to run him up.

If Apok had flipped scum gut would have said Fate was his scum partner who sacrificed him for insta-Town cred by cutting lose a weaker player. The exact sort of play some people have been accusing me of doing in regards to Saint.

Yet Apok flipped Town. Thus my gut said Fate was more likely to be Town overcompensating for his slot’s early play.

Notice any similarities? Its the EXACT SAME SHTICK he's played this game. Usually when scum call me town they buddy up to me, if MoI buddied up to me it would be OBVIOUS that he was scum, so when HE calls me town he undermines my reads and insults me. "Fate was wrong ergo fate is likely DUMBTOWNLOL"

That's how he always does it. Don't believe me? Scroll down to next post and see how he ACTUALLY posts when I am town and he is town.

I’ll judge Fate on the results of his ‘suspicions’. If his ‘cases’ yield fruit quickly I’d suspect he’s scum looking to establish Town cred to make up for Nexus’s lurking and non-entitiy status. If his reads are bad I’d look closely at the people he buddies up to in the game if he survives. At least one of them is likely scum who will keep him around to drive mis-lynches.

For another example. Either my reads are good and I'm scum, or I'm town and I'm buddying up to scum.

HTIS GAME THOUGH? I was voting Silavor, and he comes in with a push on Silavor-who I am voting-but makes NO mention of suspecting me of bussing. Again, see next post for LOLMOITOWN actually trying to get a read on me.

Also:

Goooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddd Morning Stupid Town!!!!

Wake up it's time to continue failing on a regular basis!!!!

Sacrifice - OGML
Resurrect - Fate

This needs to happen. Only Fate can save your stupid asses from yourself.

VOTE: Farside

Lulz today is going to be so much fun.

Notice the tone similarities? Asshole MoI=Scum MoI. But not just regualr asshole, over the top fake it till you make it bash it in your face asshole. Like this game with the "I caught all the scum you fucks lets go"
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:40 am

Post by VitaminR »

^Very similar to my thinking after reading up on Magna.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Fate »

Hold on I'm not done yet damn it
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Fate »

MoI Town, who is incapable of reading me correctly:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... er_sort=Go
This game as a whole is a good read for MoI town, the way he actually is thorough with things and tries to figure things out, and the complete lack of DOUCHEBAG INSULTS in his posts shows he is actually playing to a win con of finding scum.

Anyway here are his posts trying to read me:

I’d prefer he shoots Fate (see reasons below) as it assures PoE victory.

--

I’m stating for the record here so I can brag post-game –

Fate is the Godfather.

His behavior fits the profile –

‘Fake’ claiming SK to keep the Pyromaniac off his back.

Bussing a player he considers stupid into oblivion Day 1 for Town cred.

Questioning how Farside’s ability worked immediately after her claim (to better plan how to structure Night actions to protect himself)

Attacking AGar Day 2 immediately out of the gate (for voting Esp while ignoring that LMP and myself did the same) – hoping to eliminate the target scum failed to kill

Going into “Apologetic” Fate today – keeping on the confirmed player’s good-side.

Voting Stef right out of the block today (bussing before Esp even confirmed who the SK is)

OH MAN WAS HE WRONG AS ALL GET OUT. (I was too but it was in response to his trying to paint me as the GF, and the real scums incredible lurking)

So you probably just assumed it was a normal Cop and hoped to draw and investigation based on your rep of bussing lame partners. Nice way to try to redirect the conversation, GodFater.

3. Dodge, parry, roll …. your quote at 252 doesn’t read like you were looking for breakage. Note the line “So why did you only watch me and not cop me?” – dead giveaway of your motivations.

4. Because you are ballsy enough to try it. Don’t play logic games with me Fate. You’ll do whatever you want as scum and then say “Why would scum do this”. I appreciate your heavy use of WIFOM in a ReaperCharlie.

I get it Fate – you hate that I’ve pegged you and are looking for any little angle.
I’m still gloating in postgame when I’m correct and you are wrong.

Funny, your only mentions of Stefunny are late Day 2 when you ask for her to be vigged out of the blue and your quick Day 3 vote here.

If I had to guess – second round of bussing for more Town Cred?

So I’ll wait til post-game to rub in your face that I’m right.

Good luck Town.

Remember ... don't let Fate attempt to squirm out of being PoEd into oblivion tommorow or the day after.

He's scum.

So you say, oh that's just one game of him reading you wrong FATE, that doesnt mean he always reads you wrong as town!!?

Here's another game:
MoI wrote:Casebuilding … Fate?

This post basically says “I’m under too much pressure that I can’t handle so I’m going to step away and let Fate come in and CAPSLAWK as usual. People mindlessly let him get away with murder when he does that”

VOTE: Demonic Angel

Post #25 Real #896 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Typical Fate empty rhetoric ...

Yep, continue to type up large swatchs of empty phrases in hopes as usual that ALL CAPS and volume make up for your lack of anything resembling logical play.

He CAN"T read me. He has admitted tha I play in a way that looks the same as TOWN OR SCUM. He has no idea how to approach my posts or anything.

So his calling me town here AND voting with my top suspect is highly suspicious.

Oh look, I've cherry picked a quote from a game that supports my case!!

And then I want to apply it to people not even in said game.

Sad sad sad scum Fate / Kats.

Scum (Decending order of scumminess) –

VPB – pretty much explained already. Read my ISO.
DA – General meta read and play which involves coasting on Quadz wagon.
AGM / Rayfrost – Recent play and reactions as noted. Weakest as I haven’t ISOed either for interactions.

Everyone else falls into the Meh, not sure category.

I was DA in this case, hydra with Katsuki. He even says it was a META read, so he THINKS he has my meta down but he really doesn't.

Sure, foist off that you had a Townread on me but you couldn't act because Kats didn't believe it. And if you did have it why didn't you actively claim the block on me? Hmmmm?

Oh I completely acknowledge we both can't read each other for crap.

I hate your LULZ IMA GAMBITTING CRAZY MAN style of play.

You hate my style of play.

But you are just as guilty of having pre-conceived notions as you claim Vi does in the above post. So it makes me chuckle.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Fate »

I DONT DO THIS FOR JUST ANYONE.

BUT AN MOI SCUM FLIP WILL GIVE ME GREAT PERSONAL SATISFACTION.

ITS LYNCHIN TIME
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Nautilius »

silavor wrote:Elli, where are all your elliplanz? Why are you just sheeping, rather than your usual scheming? And how do you fail so epicly at reading me? I thought you were better than that. Also, BS's last post feels rather forced. Possible scumteam found? I think yes.

vote: MoI

Nautilius wrote:Oh yeah sila you're scum aren't you?
However much I loved your haiku go through that corkscrewgearflashofgreen brain process for that hammer for me please. I'll see if it matches with your brain diagram.

ImageImageImage
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count IV:
Workplace safety record - 36 hours without violent death
:right: MagnaofIllusion (L-3) ~ Fate, Tarhalindur, Nautilius, VitaminR, silavor, danceHello
silavor (L-6) ~ Duplicity, Benmage, MagnaofIllusion
Baby Spice (L-7) ~ DrippingGoofball, Zachrulez
Duplicity (L-8) ~ Ban
Tarhalindur (L-8) ~ Gut
Fate (L-8) ~ Baby Spice
Zachrulez (L-8) ~ Quilford
Gut (L-9) ~
Zachrulez

(Minimum L-9)

Not Voting:
The Illuminati,
danceHello

--Deadline is Tuesday, July 12 at 2100 EST. ((expired on 2011-07-12 21:00:00))
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Ban
Ban
Goon
Ban
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Ban »

Fate wrote:So you think a Tar out there, (and if its anyone its Me so when I flip town that shit better STOP being speculated), that has some win con tied to: "YOU MUST PREDICT WHO WILL GET INVICTED TROLOKLOLOLOL IF YOU GUESS RIGHT YOU WIN THE LOTTERY!?!??"

No.... but hypothetically if I was on the street watching this game play out I might think the tar role was like an invictus proof, or perhaps an invictus switcher, or something silly like that.

Dup wrote:@Ban, townpoints were for your overall reaction to my push on you. You're still below Tar/Quil/Fate by far though.

I see. I thought you meant town points for something silly like accepting my banter or my point about yesterday... I guess reaction makes more sense.

Unvote:,
for the invictus thing. It's not as bad when you actually did commit to a stance.

Vote: Vitamin
for kissing up to fate.

Fate wrote:BUT AN MOI SCUM FLIP WILL GIVE ME GREAT PERSONAL SATISFACTION.

Like, messy satisfaction?
Just by looking someone in the eyes you can tell what kind of life they have led...

"Hello? This is Ban, Hurdling down the highway of invincibility!"
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Gut »

Don't see it myself, but I don't mind sheeping Fate et al. here.

Unvote, vote: MoI
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Fate »

Nice 180 there Ban, did you leave sexy marks on the pavement?
Ban
Ban
Goon
Ban
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:39 pm

Post by Ban »

If I did we need to pull that thing up and sell it on Craigslist... Do you have any idea what the going rate for a sexy slab of pavement is right now? neither do I... Perhaps this isn't the best thing for us to be heading into a joint venture with...

Wait, how much do you know about novelty slip covers?
Just by looking someone in the eyes you can tell what kind of life they have led...

"Hello? This is Ban, Hurdling down the highway of invincibility!"
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Quilford »

Unfortunately, I'm being dragged out to some place in the Australian outback for "family bonding" for about a week and a bit. Ergo, I'm not going to be able to post on this site. So I'm requesting replacement.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

P.S. Vi, I've contacted those on the replacement list. Least I could do.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”