smallpeoples343
Goon
smallpeoples343
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:56 am

Post by smallpeoples343 »

What's up with all the >?
After a break from MafiaScum, I am back, and limiting myself to 2 games at most at one time.
Let's see how it goes.
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:04 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Cirno wrote:>mishmash forum
>Last post by:cjdrum
>Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:24 am
>also posting yesterday

@mod: Please prod cjdrum.

Seconded.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

"Prepare for the bitter truth."

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
: 0/0
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

smallpeoples343 wrote:What's up with all the >?

I just thought of them as bullet points, to uh, make a point.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
smallpeoples343
smallpeoples343
Goon
smallpeoples343
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:52 am

Post by smallpeoples343 »

That's what I though too, but it seems like they are just placed at the beginning of each line, and the lines are organized rather weirdly.
After a break from MafiaScum, I am back, and limiting myself to 2 games at most at one time.
Let's see how it goes.
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:02 am

Post by Cirno »

smallpeoples343 wrote:What's up with all the >?

In theory, the > is used before quoted text, for example here. In practice, I abuse it. It comes from spending too much time on certain websites.
Everything you need to know about [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o]Cirno[/url]
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Blackberry »

Was visiting Ohio with my BF (i.e., I guess I was on V/LA or w/e it's called and I didn't get to post). Will read a bit and post, am busy today so may wait till later to do anything serious. I'll try to do this quickly and get caught up though! May post later tonight when I'm free or tomorrow depending on what I read. :-P
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Blackberry »

I'm on adderall right now... so I feel like I'm either overexamining things or my true scumdar is coming out and little things are popping out at me telling me scum or town O_O.

#94 still bothers me

#104 screamed town to me

#106 - the reason I asked is because when you posted it seemed like you were genuinely serious about it, if you had responded saying it was a joke, I'd think you were lying... and you have. This raises a red flag for me... I might want to relook at you again... your vote switch to Deity also strikes me as odd, but not scum... you're reminding me of another player in another game who I've yet to analyze whether it's scum-play or different-personality (it's important to note when scumhunting that sometimes it can just be a player's gameplay that strikes you as scummy, so I need to keep this in mind)

#108 - Good point that he agrees with the bandwagoning on Deity... bad point is his comment about RVS seems off to me and something scummy-ish. If Deity did turn up scum, my bet is he is the partner...

#113 - "Shameless bandwagoning ho!" - the joke atmosphere strikes me as scum

#115 - Once again this strikes me as odd. He is trying to seem active by posting yet his content strikes me as not actually caring about hunting scum, rather than being perceived as non-scum.

#116 - Dark & Coffee aren't scum together... although they are two high on my radar so... yall should kill eachother tonight ;)

#118 - strikes me as town

A thought that just occured to me about Coffee... even though he does strike me as odd... even if he was mafia/werewolf, he'd still WANT to be hunting the OTHER scum faction. Therefore my thought process is wrong... it could still be right in that he wants to sit back... but even if he was one of the factions he would still be hunting the other. (#122 made me think of this). I need to come back to this but for now I don't know what to think of my thoughts on Coffee's sitting-back.

#130 - saying the game is a little dying seems like something scum would say to me, although I can't point out why exactly... it adds no content or helpfulness and sounds like "I'm going to point out the obvious so it seems like I'm town"

Darkcoffees - I'm mostly just skimming over all the posts right now cuz I'm in a hurry but I don't understand this real life/ friend things/ I need to come back to it and read it more carefully cuz I have no idea what yall are talking about and I think it's just fluff X_x

#136 - I automatically like Cirno for agreeing with me on Guido - though I would like a little more explanation so I can see if you see what I see or if you're just mimicing me ^_^

#139 - I just want to point out, yes I am rather old in the playing of mafia: 2) I actually go in and out of playing Mish Mash games, I jsut recently started playing Mish Mash games again after going to a mafia meet 3) I'm not the most conventional player, in that I don't follow all the typical mafia terms of "WIFOM, Chainsaw Defense (although after looking it up it's very similar to whta I look for)... but regardless I don't use those terms, and 4) I tend to be unconventional in the sense I like to gambit quite a bit (i.e., I don't believe in the Lynch all Liars philosophy, though I haven't seen it mentioned anytime recently, I just remember it was a common phrase used in the past when I played mish mash). So I just want to point out, although I am experienced, do not put normative expectations on me, I have a very unique playstyle in the way that I play. I go on intuition and feelings while also balancing logic, etc., etc. ... just wanted to throw that out there because if I remember correctly it was a topic of conversation in my previous two games I played (many months ago) and it also invokved discussion which is interesting.

#140 - After Guido's past posts, you think it's a slip. This registers as odd. Guido has done many odd things, but the reason for your bandwagoning strikes me as odd.

#141 - You think someone would be "joking around all game" seems odd.

#154 - Strongly leadign town on Cirno, but when asked about voting for Guido, Cirno just repeats what was stated before. I would have elaborated and reemphasized my previous statements... this strikes me as odd. It seems Cirno is moreso just trying to argue with Chevre and make Chevre look dumb rather than actually convince Chevre why voting Guido is a good thing.

** Left off at #154... I really need to go now...
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

......It would help if I knew what names go with what post. Without having to actually go back to it myself. So now I have to read each individual post that probably doesn't mean shit, to be honest.

...You know what? I shouldn't have to do your work for you. You do it.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Oh, and if yer on some kind of medication, it'd help if you came down off that too before you post again.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Blackberry wrote:I'm on adderall right now... so I feel like I'm either overexamining things or my true scumdar is coming out and little things are popping out at me telling me scum or town O_O.

It's never good to play when your brain has been compromised in one way or another.
I really hate walls of text without names. And since I realized you're not online at the time of my last two posts, I decided to be a nice guy and help you out here. And yes, I am being very, very sarcastic.

#94 still bothers me

This is Guido's post about faking a scumslip. Nothing new here. Old information and you have no new analysis for it. Moving on.

#104 screamed town to me

This really tells me nothing as the post is by smallpeople, and it's only two words long in response to #103 above it.
Moving on.

#106 - the reason I asked is because when you posted it seemed like you were genuinely serious about it, if you had responded saying it was a joke, I'd think you were lying... and you have. This raises a red flag for me... I might want to relook at you again... your vote switch to Deity also strikes me as odd, but not scum... you're reminding me of another player in another game who I've yet to analyze whether it's scum-play or different-personality (it's important to note when scumhunting that sometimes it can just be a player's gameplay that strikes you as scummy, so I need to keep this in mind)

I never found anything too unusual with this post by FightingShadow. But then, I have different standards than Mafiascum players for Townieness.

#108 - Good point that he agrees with the bandwagoning on Deity... bad point is his comment about RVS seems off to me and something scummy-ish. If Deity did turn up scum, my bet is he is the partner...

You should note that I don't lynch at random, either. It was a bandwagon formed because of a random vote I had made. I find that naturally disturbing. I'm not saying he's not scum, but if I'm going to lynch his ass with fire, I need more proof than "LOL RANDOM BANDWAGON YAYYYY".
I'm not an idiot, after all. And my comment about RVS isn't at all off or scummy; it was stating the simple truth. Sue me.

#113 - "Shameless bandwagoning ho!" - the joke atmosphere strikes me as scum

His comment actually summarizes my fears of a scum-driven bandwagon. Hence my precautions in unvoting my RVS vote.

#115 - Once again this strikes me as odd. He is trying to seem active by posting yet his content strikes me as not actually caring about hunting scum, rather than being perceived as non-scum.

To be honest, I don't give a fuck if you see me as scum or not. I do things my way, not yours. My strength lies in arguing and finding contradictions, as well as envisioning the most unlikely of scenarios in a given situation.
There is nothing in the mafia rules saying I have to be super-active with every post having mountains of evidence against scum.
Heroes like that don't exist in real life, found only fiction.

#116 - Dark & Coffee aren't scum together... although they are two high on my radar so... yall should kill eachother tonight ;)

You do realize that saying both dark and coffee together like that makes your statement seem highly redundant, right?
And that you meant FightingShadow, not Dark?
You've basically said that I'm not scum with myself, even though both of me are on your radar.
If I didn't know any better, I'd say this is a subtle slip, or tunneling at best.

#118 - strikes me as town

How does it strike you as town when he's saying that a statement I made isn't scummy, when you said earlier it seemed I was trying to appear as non-scum?
...Your points on #115 and #118 are highly contradictory.
*bows like Miles Edgeworth*

A thought that just occured to me about Coffee...

Try most of your post...

even though he does strike me as odd... even if he was mafia/werewolf, he'd still WANT to be hunting the OTHER scum faction. Therefore my thought process is wrong... it could still be right in that he wants to sit back... but even if he was one of the factions he would still be hunting the other. (#122 made me think of this). I need to come back to this but for now I don't know what to think of my thoughts on Coffee's sitting-back.

What's to think about? I told the entire truth. There's no sinister hidden agenda in me not wanting to post every five fucking seconds about things that aren't entirely relevant.
As far as the anti town factions being against each other.... that applies to everyone in this fucking game. Way to go.

#130 - saying the game is a little dying seems like something scum would say to me, although I can't point out why exactly... it adds no content or helpfulness and sounds like "I'm going to point out the obvious so it seems like I'm town"

Isn't that what you've been trying to do here? Also as for the part of that post mentioning the activity of the game, that's a null tell at best. It's neither mafia nor town. However, the statement right after it about going to look back or something later is where you should really be focusing.

Darkcoffees - I'm mostly just skimming over all the posts right now cuz I'm in a hurry but I don't understand this real life/ friend things/ I need to come back to it and read it more carefully cuz I have no idea what yall are talking about and I think it's just fluff X_x

It is fluff. And I don't have a clue who they are, nor what they look like in real life.
They mentioned the Mafia Forum 'CR MAFIA', of which I was a member of (I might still have an account there, who knows). Also, the mafia forum "Vendetta Strada" is a forum I used to frequent, and it is the combination of CR Mafia, VG Mafia (Video Game Mafia) and what used to be Sachyrnne park. They were all sister mafia sites, merged into one site. Vendetta Strada.

I am commonly known by my first username ever used on CR Mafia, which is DarkCoffeeJazz. DCJ or Jazz to my friends.
The fact that I never mentioned CR Mafia to anyone on this site before proves FightingShadow has seen me before. Whether he has seen my playstyle or is someone I played a few games with, I couldn't tell you. He could be a newbie to the site for all I know (not to Mafia, just to the site).

#136 - I automatically like Cirno for agreeing with me on Guido - though I would like a little more explanation so I can see if you see what I see or if you're just mimicing me ^_^

In that very post Cirno mentions they think I'm town at that point in the game. Keywords, at that point in the game.
So it's very likely you only agree on one thing.

#139 - I just want to point out, yes I am rather old in the playing of mafia: 2) I actually go in and out of playing Mish Mash games, I jsut recently started playing Mish Mash games again after going to a mafia meet 3) I'm not the most conventional player, in that I don't follow all the typical mafia terms of "WIFOM, Chainsaw Defense (although after looking it up it's very similar to whta I look for)... but regardless I don't use those terms, and 4) I tend to be unconventional in the sense I like to gambit quite a bit (i.e., I don't believe in the Lynch all Liars philosophy, though I haven't seen it mentioned anytime recently, I just remember it was a common phrase used in the past when I played mish mash). So I just want to point out,
although I am experienced, do not put normative expectations on me, I have a very unique playstyle in the way that I play. I go on intuition and feelings while also balancing logic, etc.
, etc. ... just wanted to throw that out there because if I remember correctly it was a topic of conversation in my previous two games I played (many months ago) and it also invokved discussion which is interesting.

See the bolded part. I don't see how you can say I'm scummy to you when the bolded part describes me in a game of mafia perfectly.
It's almost like calling yourself scum.
Not like you'd know anything about my playstyle, having never actually asked me any questions before going on this paranoia-induced post.

#140 - After Guido's past posts, you think it's a slip. This registers as odd. Guido has done many odd things, but the reason for your bandwagoning strikes me as odd.

Nothing we didn't already know. Moving on .

#141 - You think someone would be "joking around all game" seems odd.

I'm not saying Guido is town, but even I joke around from time to time. Find something more concrete to attack with.

#154 - Strongly leadign town on Cirno, but when asked about voting for Guido, Cirno just repeats what was stated before. I would have elaborated and reemphasized my previous statements... this strikes me as odd. It seems Cirno is moreso just trying to argue with Chevre and make Chevre look dumb rather than actually convince Chevre why voting Guido is a good thing.

For one, that's like halfway into the argument. It all started when Chevre refused to answer a very simple and direct question about their own vote. And then Chevre saw fit to ask Cirno why THEY were voting someone and expecting an answer that wasn't condescending in nature.

** Left off at #154... I really need to go now...

Bring some common sense with you. It's a good supplement to logic and 'feelings'.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

>#154 by Blackberry - Strongly
leadign
town on Cirno, but when asked about voting for Guido, Cirno just repeats what was stated before. I would have elaborated and reemphasized my previous statements... this strikes me as odd. It seems Cirno is moreso just trying to argue with Chevre and make Chevre look dumb rather than actually convince Chevre why voting Guido is a good thing.

I was too lazy to use the quote tags again. Sue me.
The reason for this post is I was rereading my wall of a wall of text post, and I saw the bolded word. It didn't strike me as odd at the time since I tend to correct typos in my head and never give it a second though... but anyone can see that it's meant to be the word 'leading'.

Which begs the question... Did you scumslip just now?
I don't know a single townie that 'strongly leads' on someone when they think they're town.
Well, except maybe someone in my last game.

Let's review.
Although you're mentioning Guido a few times in your last post, Blackberry, it's obvious I'm a major part of your "scumpicking". Everything you've mentioned about Guido is stuff we already know. You have mentioned nothing no one else has already read about Guido.
If we are to assume the worst case scenario, that you are scum (aka either werewolf or mafia, as I'm using the word for both factions, as stated in an earlier post of mine around here somewhere... aka I've said it once before, but it bears repeating now), then we must assume that you throw in these comments about Guido as filler while you tunnel on your true target.

By nit-picking everything that could possibly be conceived as scummy, one could assume that you are either trying to get me lynched instead of DeityKabuto, or you are setting me up for the next day after Deity dies. It doesn't matter if Deity or I are town or not; if you are scum, you would be after anyone appearing to be scummy as they would be the opposite faction as yours, yes?

Of course, these are all assumptions, and are posted just for mere speculation I'm most likely overthinking this, as I always do.
Take it with a grain of salt.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Blackberry »

You seem really overdefensive Dark as if I am trying to lynch you X_x. I was simply posting my open thoughts about the game, hence my contradictions. I was posting freely what reactions I had to post. You think it's odd I have contradictions in some cases (i.e., Cirno's posting). Do you think it's NORMAL for someone to have the same read on someone throughout the entire game in every post? That is something that would bug me if that happened, because then they'd be tunneling/have blinders on.

I think it'd be obvious from my post that Guido is my top suspect still, not you. My whole paragraph about you was my thought that made me think what I was suspect of you for may be null considering mafia and werewolves would want to scum hunt as well and thus it isn't a normal mafia game.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Blackberry »

Also, taking Adderall isn't like taking recreational drugs... I'm taking them for medical purposes, i.e., so I can focus on my work and get things done...
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Blackberry wrote:You seem really overdefensive Dark as if I am trying to lynch you X_x. I was simply posting my open thoughts about the game, hence my contradictions. I was posting freely what reactions I had to post. You think it's odd I have contradictions in some cases (i.e., Cirno's posting). Do you think it's NORMAL for someone to have the same read on someone throughout the entire game in every post? That is something that would bug me if that happened, because then they'd be tunneling/have blinders on.

I think it'd be obvious from my post that Guido is my top suspect still, not you. My whole paragraph about you was my thought that made me think what I was suspect of you for may be null considering mafia and werewolves would want to scum hunt as well and thus it isn't a normal mafia game.

It's not so much overdefensive as it is me nitpicking your nitpicks. Also the whole "trying to get me lynched" thing was a theory, and it should be treated as such.

It's just like evolution or communism; they work in theory but the real world applications of them are very different.

Also, I realize it's medicinal drugs. That doesn't mean it can't be impairing in any way as far as judgement goes.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:24 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

EBWOP: Any wall of text that mentions me in a negative light more than once tends to make me want to tear the wall down, basically. It's how I roll. It's also how I once proved I was town. By arguing every single detail of another person's argument against me.

Am I coming across as harsh? Of course I am. But at the end of the day it's a game. And I play for keeps.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
Guido Crescendo
Guido Crescendo
Townie
Guido Crescendo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Guido Crescendo »

/did not read DCJ's epic wall of all walls. I hate walls. Kills interest in the game for the town. Suffocates them under too many words. Bad.

Through my most current reread, the thing that jumped out at me most were VitimanR finally jumping on that easy shot I lined up, voting due to my drunk post, but *only* after Cirno voted for me.

(Btw, the story behind drunk post was simple. Guido B contacted me while I was drunk, with friends, telling me post in order to drum something up or pick a fight, and me posting a completely arbitrary vote-post as a result that took all of 10 seconds to do. I think it fulfilled its role nicely.)
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

smallpeoples343 wrote:
YankCane151 wrote:
Chevre wrote:Well, do you agree with what he had to say?

With what FS had to say? To an extent, yes. I see what DCJ is saying by not wanting to put down a vote, though I don't agree with the tactic and brought it up on smallpeoples in a similar manner. At most though, it's a null tell if he does end up scumhunting as he said.

So you're talking about DCJ's tactics, I'm assuming. Right now, this game seems like it's a little dying. I'll go back and look for the more significant posts.

This was a couple of days ago. Thoughts now?
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

Sorry I was behind. Also FML this was a night start. Vote count upcoming Cjdrum prodded and DonJosh is being replaced by request.
You Are Worth It
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

New avatar, btw. Yes, it's a fluffy fluff post. But idgaf.
Also yeah, lol Mist. Lol.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Post by cjdrum »

Hi! This is a post while I read stuff!
The
Australian Legendary Trio
is alive and kicking (American butt)!
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Cirno »

@Guido, smallpeoples, cjdrum: If you had to lynch someone right now, who would it be and why?
@Guido: Who are you a hydra of?
@cjdrum: Why weren't you posting in the thread even though you were reading it?
@Blackberry: Can you be more specific in what you what to know about my vote?

I don't think mafia would bother doing a pbpa. Neither do I think scum would bother responding to one with a megapost unless it was targeting them specifically. I especially don't think scum would bother defending another player's actions (as Dark did my attack on Chevre).
Everything you need to know about [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcA1wA8xW6o]Cirno[/url]
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Could someone direct me to a, um, directory for all the lingo you Scummers use on this site?
Terms like Hydra are starting to drive me nuts.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
Cirno
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Cirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Cirno »

Hydra is two (or more) people using one account.
The wiki is probably the best place to look up all the terms.
FightingShadow
FightingShadow
Townie
FightingShadow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by FightingShadow »

Unexpected V/LA until Sunday (7/10)

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Cirno wrote:Hydra is two (or more) people using one account.
The wiki is probably the best place to look up all the terms.

Ah, see, I was thinking it was one person with multiple accounts. Seems it's actually the opposite of that.

Thanks for the info.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party

Return to “Completed Open Games”