Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:56 pm

Post by Tamuz »

almost there
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:57 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler wrote:
broomhead wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:I agree.

I wish. I will probably kill someone tonight. I wanted to keep it a secret so we could nail someone and be like suck it bitch. It would be sweet. Like, really really sweet. Adele and I agreed not to reveal it. Plus i refuse to believe a mod lied to a player so blatantly. I'm sorry, I refuse to do it.
While it would be probably
really
funny, I don't think "SUCK IT BITCH" is a good reason to keep it quiet.

Also, that's a bit...worrying. Who are you planning on killing, or is it just because?

Fritz, how can you hold that opinion with stuff like "SK/Mason or Mason/Mason Traitor" groups floating around? In my personal experience, it's very common to make it not obvious. However, this is...the second game I spent a lot of effort into so I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of the meta.

By the way, you would
hate
me as a mod then, where in my meta "evil" modding is quite common.

Oh well, at least we can agree on something.
Well, I'd only hate you if you straight up lied to players, in a game other than robinson curosoe mafia or bastard mafia.

Mason triators may be common, but they are rarely told that everyone is pro town.
Oh, well I make it very obvious all of my games of the "bastard" variety, so you know to expect it when the game starts. So I suppose you wouldn't hate me then.

Right, but it's necessary to balance, it could in theory be done.

Anyway, I'm enjoying myself. I <3 the giant confusing mason group of doom twist.
Me too.

plus i need more quote block
NEEDS MORE QUOTEBLOCK. [/bandwagon]
Have you ever seen a quote bomb on these boards?
No, I've lurked, but to my knowledge I haven't seen that. What would be a quote bomb?
whats a quote bomb?
scroll down on this page

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=2700
That's cool and all, but maybe we should post like, content.

Unless we have some weird roles, MeMe or one of the masons are lying. I'm seriously considering both sides of the issue, but I'm having a hard time making a decision. Perhaps the game is balanced because it is so unbalanced it appears to be unreal, causing the players to make sucky decisions on who to lynch?
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:58 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
broomhead wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote: While it would be probably
really
funny, I don't think "SUCK IT BITCH" is a good reason to keep it quiet.

Also, that's a bit...worrying. Who are you planning on killing, or is it just because?

Fritz, how can you hold that opinion with stuff like "SK/Mason or Mason/Mason Traitor" groups floating around? In my personal experience, it's very common to make it not obvious. However, this is...the second game I spent a lot of effort into so I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of the meta.

By the way, you would
hate
me as a mod then, where in my meta "evil" modding is quite common.

Oh well, at least we can agree on something.
Well, I'd only hate you if you straight up lied to players, in a game other than robinson curosoe mafia or bastard mafia.

Mason triators may be common, but they are rarely told that everyone is pro town.
Oh, well I make it very obvious all of my games of the "bastard" variety, so you know to expect it when the game starts. So I suppose you wouldn't hate me then.

Anyway, I'm enjoying myself. I <3 the giant confusing mason group of doom twist.
Me too.

No, I've lurked, but to my knowledge I haven't seen that. What would be a quote bomb?
whats a quote bomb?
scroll down on this page

Unless we have some weird roles, MeMe or one of the masons are lying. I'm seriously considering both sides of the issue, but I'm having a hard time making a decision. Perhaps the game is balanced because it is so unbalanced it appears to be unreal, causing the players to make sucky decisions on who to lynch?
I was tihnking that, like we're improbabley improbable roles? Almost miller types?
Surfs up dude.
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:03 pm

Post by Pariah »

Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
broomhead wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:
Pariah wrote:
Fritzler wrote:Well, I'd only hate you if you straight up lied to players, in a game other than robinson curosoe mafia or bastard mafia.

Me too.

whats a quote bomb?
scroll down on this page

I was tihnking that, like we're improbabley improbable roles? Almost miller types?
It's certainly an interesting theory, or interesting concept to balance a game on. It's like "Artifical Miller."

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:08 am

Post by MeMe »

Did you get a response yet?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:27 am

Post by Fritzler »

MeMe wrote:Did you get a response yet?
No ma'am, viqles picked up my pm, but didn't respond, i guess ill send him another one...
Surfs up dude.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:47 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

I've thought about this long and hard.

vote Meme
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:51 pm

Post by MeMe »

oh my word -- does that LYNCH ME? Without even waiting to hear what the mod reports back??

What the hell!!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:53 pm

Post by MeMe »

Oh, wait. It takes four to lynch, sorry for the freak out -- I just couldn't believe that came without any warning. Shocked the hell out of me.

c_d -- big mistake. BIG mistake. I'm not scum. Please unvote me. If either Tamuz or Pariah is scum, I'll die as soon as either of them logs on. PLEASE UNVOTE ME.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:54 pm

Post by Fritzler »

No you're at 3/4.

*yawn*

I notice a lack of comment about being lynched as a pro town player.

just sayin'
Surfs up dude.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:58 pm

Post by MeMe »

Oh wait...I guess that's not necessarily true. If there's just one scum left, immediately lynching me doesn't win the game and they'll have to explain tomorrow. The problem comes if there are two scum left and either Tamuz or Pariah are half of the duo.

c_d, please give more information about why you've come to the decision that I'm the right vote. At least put it out there for examination if I
do
get lynched and the game has a tomorrow.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:08 pm

Post by MeMe »

Um, as I said earlier, this is one game that I don't really mind being lynched in. I'll keep fighting, but it's not so much a case of "how can you not see I'm innocent" as "stupid set-up" if I
do
die. I'm smart enough to see that I've played this extremely well (I mean, I'm still alive DESPITE broomhead angling for my death from
day one
...ponder on that a moment...) and it's just bad luck that I'm being lynched.

You're sitting there claiming "golden role that must be believed despite its unbelievability" -- wouldn't you say that a little unfair for everyone else? Even if you ARE innocent?

One thing I will point out though, c_d (and Tamuz and Pariah) -- if you allow broomhead to survive when he was THE ONE PERSON THE TOWN AGREED SHOULD DIE LAST NIGHT -- there's no getting rid of him. Apparently, he's unkillable. And guess what? It'll be you three going down one by one until the scum is found. If you're not scum, tough crap 'cause Fritzler and broomhead aren't about to lynch or "vig" themselves. Let the masons run the show right on into the ground.

Unbelievable. At the very least, the smarter play than lynching me would be another no-lynch. Let the masons vig me and me vig broomhead. If it doesn't work again, at least we'll have that information.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:34 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

We agreed on a plan and if something didn't work as planned, it would work heavily against that person. The way I see it, Broomhead isn't dead because he is either scum or Meme is scum. Meme has already been targeted by the masons twice yet she isn't dead. This possibly means that Meme didn't target Broomhead and brought up this godfather ability to bring up confusion.
I'm quite conviced that Pariah and Tamuz are protown.

There are too many possibilities going around. We've discussed pretty much everything that had to be discussed. The only way to solve this problem is to pick a side and stick with it. I'm going to leave the rest of the discussion, if there is any, to everyone else.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:35 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Ok
Meme-Claimed killer
Frizt conf. by cop
Broom: Conf by Adele (conf) and Fritz (conf)
Tamuz: Conf by solid claim
Pariah: Solid claim, backed up by doc
C_D: Solid claim, but more dubious than Pariah.

I don't see why I shouldn't vote MeMe.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:46 pm

Post by Pariah »

Well, I'm not killing you instantly.

I'm mulling it over, to be honest. You seem like a good lynch, but paranoia also exists over the masons. So, I don't see a real reason to hurry, although I'll make up my mind sometime soon.

Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:51 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Your lack of hammah disturbs me.
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:53 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Seriously:

Surfs up dude.
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:14 pm

Post by Pariah »

I don't see another choice, really. The only lynch other than MeMe is Broomhead/Fritzler, IMO, and I just don't see that happening today.

Vote: MeMe

If I've lost the game for the town, I've lost the game. It was fun.[/dice]

broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:31 pm

Post by broomhead »

ooh, so is it? is she? do do do tell please, i cannot wait for the mod like last time. your sk aren't you?
BAMB!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:38 pm

Post by MeMe »

Not the SK -- of course I'm the final scum.

Couple things though: I have no idea why c_d got a Lena Marelli result on me because it's something I made up myself -- not a mod-provided safe claim. I was pretty amazed when c_d confirmed my role.

Another thing: I'm not nightkill immune, as far as I know, so I also have no idea why I wasn't dead last night or the night before.

And, just for kicks and giggles so that you all can marvel at what we, as a mafia group, were up against...here's my role PM.
vIQleS wrote:You are 'Dandy Dan - Gang Boss'.

You and your gang of thugs are trying to take New York. Armed with the newly invented 'Splurge Guns', you suddenly have the upper hand against your no. 1 rival: Fat Sam.

Your war has not been going well up to this point - most of your gang have either been hit with custard pies or have run away - leaving you with only Foolster41 and N_lich to do your dirty work.

Your goal is the elimination of Fat Sam's gang and the patrons of Fat Sam's Grandslam Speakeasy.

You have the one time ability to splurge a member of your own gang. This should remain a secret to your thugs.

You, Foolster41 and N_lich may talk at night

Each night you will PM me the name of the player that you want your thugs to splurge.
So...my special power was to
kill one of my two goons overnight.
And, this was the exchange when I asked vIQles how it worked...
vIQleS wrote:
MeMe wrote:Is this a night or "any time" ability? Is it in addition to our regular night kill?
Night time only. You don't have to use this ability. Making an example of one of your gang will replace the night kill.

MeMe wrote:If I'm the only one left, I
can
still act at night, right?
Although it is very out of character for you to do your own dirty work, you may still splurge at night if ALL your gang is dead. Also if you die, the gang may submit a night choice, but they will have to reach a concensus.

MeMe wrote: And do I have any other benefit as the gang boss? Immunity to night-kill and/or investigation?
No Coment.
So, I could kill one of the goons but it REPLACED THE NIGHTKILL ENTIRELY. That's a "special power"? And when I asked about immunity, I got "no comment" but the masons got "oh, yeah -- you guys are entirely innocent. Don't let scum confuse that issue for you!" Gah.

I'm obviously not a fan of the set-up, but I commend vIQles for being such a good sport. I sent him PM after PM with subject lines such as "Do NOT open unless you
enjoy
being bitched out." :D

So, nice job town. I hope I at least gave you all your money's worth. I also applaud Foolster41 and Maz Medias for trying their best in an impossible situation...I mean, N_lich bailed when it was apparent this was unwinnable for us!
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:45 pm

Post by broomhead »

well now i am dissapointed, so that was 3 masons with a night kill
a doc
back up cop
and a reg cop
3 mafia with usless extra ability
and 3 villinia? oh yeah and thats with 2 of those being able to mason

hrm unfair? perhaps.

wait wait, maybe the game isn't over! think about this: C_D is the actual SK and he was faking a back up cop thats why he got the result of your fake name. hmm?
BAMB!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:47 pm

Post by MeMe »

All I know is that scum lost, so it's someone
else's
problem to figure this out now.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:49 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Compeltely unfair. I had fun though. Smooth adele.
Surfs up dude.
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:50 pm

Post by Pariah »

Roflcopter. I suppose my paranoia was unfounded.

Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:53 pm

Post by Pariah »

Thought: If the game doesn't end, I'll be looking closely at C_D for confirming MeMe incorrectly... (Assuming IIRC...)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”