DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2700 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

LL, huh? How is it scumtastic, when If I consider her scum I'm not prepared to just give her free reign to nuke whoever she pleases. You disagree that a nuke should function as a double lynch at this point?

~~~

Fate, I'm asking you to show respect, and I fail to see why you shouldn't actively strive towards doing that.

Yeah, anyone can spam with caps like an idiot, I don't think you positions are any more valid because of it.

~~~
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #2701 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Anyway Mina can do whatever she damn well pleases with her nuke at this point because unless it hits scum the all glorious American INTERNET STRANGER will take care of her.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2702 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Lady, day-vig shots, as this is, are notoriously bad, making it work as a double lynch is much better, and the fact she could be scum should not make you want to allow her to nuke whoever.

Even if you think she is town, We have two scum and the rest town right now, all those town brains working together (which would include her) is going to be a whole hell of a lot more effective that just one persons reads.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2703 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Magister Ludi wrote:Actually, she shouldn't nuke me at all, because thats a waste of a nuke. So I'm wondering why you think its good then to nuke you at all? What information would you dying produce to yourself?
I don't think at this point we should allow her to nuke whoever she wants, if she's scum as I think she if, it just gives her free reign to nuke a town player. Her nuke should effictively double as a second lynch.

You said yourself that the flipped scum wanted an ML, TT, and Mina final free. I think you're scummier than Mina, so if I think your logic has merit, then ML would be a great information-getter. Same with Gamma saying "Nook Toasty if he's in the final 3"

We could get similar benefits from nooking me, such as people who think IS and I are a scum-team.

@Hez: Your not obvtown. You were also a possible counter-lynch both D1 and D2. Get over it. Oh, and you have done nothing I've considered useful. Sooo yeah, you definitely don't deserve to be in any final 3

@ML: directing a nuke is scumtastic because 1)Not enough people agree with you on Mina being scum, and 2) who Mina nukes will add to determining her allignment
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #2704 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by HezLucky »

ToastyToast wrote:@Hez: Your not obvtown. You were also a possible counter-lynch both D1 and D2. Get over it. Oh, and you have done nothing I've considered useful. Sooo yeah, you definitely don't deserve to be in any final 3

Explain why there are several people who DO consider me obvtown then.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #2705 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by HezLucky »

HezLucky wrote:
ToastyToast wrote:@Hez: Your not obvtown. You were also a possible counter-lynch both D1 and D2. Get over it. Oh, and you have done nothing I've considered useful. Sooo yeah, you definitely don't deserve to be in any final 3

And while you're at it, be careful because I'm not just vengeful in my role.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p3193894

Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2706 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Well obviously she isn't going to nuke herself. There is another scum out there who we are going to try and figure out, and I'm actually surprised you and Lady have jumped all over this. Its the same as two lynches in a row, which is typically very town sided. As for determining her alignment, if she nukes town people will still waffle over whether or not she was misguided or scum.

The reason nuking me is a waste is that i'm fallout shelter, I can't be nuked.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2707 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

[Day 3, DEFCON 1 - Vote Count IX - Independence Day]

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." --Bertrand Russell

[Votes]

danakillsu
(0)
Fate
(0)
gorilla
(0)
HezLucky
(1) - danakillsu
Hinduragi
(0)
inHimshallibe
(0)
Internet Stranger
(0)
Lady Lambdadelta
(0)
Magister Ludi
(5) - Toogeloo, HezLucky, Fate, PookyTheMagicalBear, Lady Lambdadelta
Mina
(1) - Magister Ludi
PookyTheMagicalBear
(0)
ToastyToast
(0)
Toogeloo
(0)

Not voting
(6) - inHimshallibe, Mina, ToastyToast, Internet Stranger, gorilla, Hinduragi

[Activity]

The deadline is Sunday, 10 July at 23:59 EST. Seven votes are required to lynch.
No prods currently needed.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2708 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

HezLucky wrote:

lolwho? sure, people have townreads on you, but you haven't done much to deserve it. Neither has dana, for that matter.

HezLucky wrote:And while you're at it, be careful because I'm not just vengeful in my role.

Is that a threat? Why the hell should I give a shit if people vote me because I think your scum? That's no reason to back off of a read. And I would nuke you for this right now if I could, even if that meant my own death.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2709 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

13 players, 2 scum, 11 town.

Let the culling begin in my opinion. Any player who is WIFOMable as possibly scum should probably be removed from the game via nuke/lynch. We have such a huge player advantage, there should be no reason we fail at finishing this off.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2710 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

LL, huh? How is it scumtastic, when If I consider her scum I'm not prepared to just give her free reign to nuke whoever she pleases. You disagree that a nuke should function as a double lynch at this point?

HELL NO

The fuck is your problem? Maybe in LYLO it's good to let one person stay alive and a nuke function as a double lynch. NOW? Nuking is an ability. If I had a nuke, I'd be nuking you for trying that shit on me just because I COULD. Who do I want her to nuke? Toasty. Will it happen? I don't know; Ask her.

For the record, I'm not lynching Hez, ever. I have a strong read on him and I feel he's confirmed town.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2711 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Also, to add...

Unless scum got massively hosed in the Deployment phase, I would guess at least one more remaining scum has a Troop choice. Though, I think we also discussed via the leaks they may have proposed a plan to remove as many town as possible using nukes.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2712 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Scum w/ abilities? Null tell.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2713 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Hez wrote:For the record, I'm not lynching Hez, ever. I have a strong read on him and I feel he's confirmed town.

What the hell has he done to warrant such a strong read? Does his minimal effort in this game just OOZE town?

Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2714 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

His play matches 100% to his moods. He's playing with his feelings, not his head. Scum don't play with feelings. And Hez didn't write that.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2715 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I have asked her.

Town has played well enough to get an advantage, simply throwing it out the window on a whim is nonsence, when we could be capitalizing on every advantage we have.

Toog, its very easy to see this potentially falling away if we make repeated desicions that could have been more protown but we choose not to do.

~~~
Nuking is a dayvig. We have minimal scum influence in this game, now is the optimal time to try and get a consensus on who to nuke. Just because it is an ability means nothing. Just because you feel in some way threatened or agrivated that someone is trying to use this ability for maximum efficeny doesn't make it not the best possible play.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2716 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Yes, we could capitalize. Or you're just trying to get yourself off the chopping block. The world may never know.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2717 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Of course I don't want to by killed in any way shape or form, I fail to see how that is a strike against me.

Anyways, there are two scum remaining out there. Even if you're 100% dead certain i'm scum (for still no presented reasons), even if I'm 100% certain mina is scum, there must be another scum out there. This is the optimal way to choose way to figure it out, and decide who to kill.

Its not very hard, people just post somethink like nukevote: XXXX
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2718 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

It invalidates your whole argument because you tried to pass off a strategy as a pro-town advantage when it was motivated by your desire to live, which means it can be scum-manipulated.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2719 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

For the record, all 3 scum-deaths have been from one-person nukes. From the way I've seen 4-5 people posting that Mina is scum I sure as hell don't trust the town to get a nuke on scum. Look where that got us with both of our last lynches.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2720 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

You aren't making sense, because no matter anyones alignment in any game, their motivation is to live as well. No matter what your win condition is, when you die your team/self move further away from it. Is this even up for debate?

Lynching is a pro-town advantage, normally its the only tool towns have to rid themselevs of scum. Yes i'm proposing we vote on who the nuke is sent at because that is a pro-town. Its not motivated by anything to do with me living, I can't even be harmed by her nuke.

Both nuke and lynch operate according to same principles. If mina is scum, then her nuke is 100% scum manipulated.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2721 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

You're right, it isn't up for debate. If I ever see anyone who's going to listen to someone who may be dying and who also just happens to want her dead telling her to suicide, I'll be damned.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2722 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

And yeah, I'm not really keeping track of what specific ability you have so I forgot you were fallout shelter for a second. Big woop if her nuke is 100% scum manipulated. Didn't stop the idea from being proposed back when Vi and Regfan sent out nukes. If you guys play on an even playing field tomorrow, yes, it can work. Right now? Nope.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2723 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Huh? I never told her to suicide, and being in a position with votes on you no way weakens your argument or makes it invalid in any way shape or form.

~~~

Talking to you is exceedingly hard because you've started with the position I must be scum and have worked backwards from there to invalidate all my opinions in your eyes. I still have not seen anything from you saying why it makes sense at all why I am scum, considering my play, the other dead scum, and my reads.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2724 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Actually, I thought you were voting me because you considered Fallout Shelter a scum claim and I must die immedieatly, I expect you would remember that.

~~~

The point about controlling the nuke is it prevents the Vi Regfan nukes on town. If we all decide on someone and she nukes someone else, she has basically claimed scum. By allowing her to nuke whoever, we give her the chance to nuke whichever town she feels could be the most damaging towards her.

Now granted, if she randomly nukes scum then we're In such a good position I don't even care, but I don't see that happening.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”