Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Haylen wrote:
Yos, are you taking into account that both Incog and BM are experienced scum players and would know what we would consider to be bussing/town interactions?

(shrug) It doesn't really matter. Scum tactics are tactics that work, that's why experienced players use them.

There's a big difference between "player X wants to be seen to visibly be attacking palyer Y" and "Player X wants to subtly get player Y lynched." This was pretty clearly the second.

bvoigt wrote:
Hmm...I'd say Yosarian2. The BM kill would make sense for him, and ISO #11 could be an overreaction of someone who needs to stay alive to win.

I don't think that was an overreaction at all. GC was acting really suspicious in his early attack on me; he really seemed to be trying to make me look bad while pretending that he wasn't, to the point of actually denying he was attacking me at one point while continuing to attack me, and then to attack me for defending myself. The whole thing was just really shifty. I don't see why me pointing out scummy behavior on the part of GC is an "overreaction".
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Incognito »

Haylen wrote:What's interesting though is that you haven't accused me outright of active lurking, merely danced around it a bit. Why is this?
Probably because you haven't been the biggest offender of active lurking in this game. I mean, with Trip, Lain, Pine, you, and Fugitive all not really doing anything so far during Day 2, it's hard to say "hey guys, we should lynch the active lurker of the bunch" because pretty much all of you would qualify and obviously all of you aren't scum.

Haylen wrote:Why is camn looking shady today, Incog?
camn looks shady because her attack on PeregrineV was probably the worst of the bunch; while I and others attacked him for what looked like a lack of genuineness in his reads, camn was attacking him because he said something about how scum don't really bus on Day 1 and that he should know better than that because of the last game her and he played together. A lack of genuineness is a scum tell but him saying he doesn't believe scum bus on Day 1? I don't really see how that could be a scum tell on his part.

Plus, I'm thinking in terms of some wagon analysis too:

PeregrineV (7): Magua, bvoigt, camn, Incognito, Yosarian2, Battle Mage, Pine

- Magua we know was town.
- bvoigt really hasn't pinged my scumdar so far.
- I'm pretty sure Yosarian2 is town given how BM tried to attack my town read of him during Day 1 and how BM attacked Yos2 at a time that wouldn't have been necessary if they were scum together.
- We now know BM was scum.
- Pine still looks town to me.
- I know I'm town.

So realistically, if I'm thinking the wagon had at least 2 scum on it, camn sticks out the most to me as the most likely "other scum" who was on the wagon. Thus she's shady.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by camn »

bvoigt wrote:
camn wrote:if you had to finger a serial killer, who would it be? (not that I am implying there is or isnt one)

Hmm...I'd say Yosarian2. The BM kill would make sense for him, and ISO #11 could be an overreaction of someone who needs to stay alive to win.

And if you could daykill right now, who would it be?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

My apologies on not being more active on Day 2. I have been busy with work and actually spending time with the family. I'm afraid that I will be heading out of town for this upcoming weekend, but I will have my computer with me so I will be checking in.

Yosarian2 wrote:When you're distancing, you want to make a lot of obvious sound and noise to create fake hostility between you and your buddy. You don't want to try to undermine a third person making a defense to your scumbuddy, because you don't actually want your buddy to get lynched, you just want it to look like he's not your buddy.
This is pretty amusing since it describes how Yos and BM acted towards one another.

Yos/BM D1 Conduct:
- 06/16 12:49pm: BM "courtesy votes" Yos for being inconsistent in failing to attack both him and Trip on the same grounds. BM throws out the possibility of a Yos lynch without actually laying out why. The only thing that is any real fodder for this claim is the inconsistency argument (for which he has merely asked clarification). Pretty vacuous of a threat and FOS.
- 06/16 5:55pm: Yos duly responds to BM's post. Nothing spectacular.
- 06/16 5:59pm: BM merely acknowledges Yos' post.
- 06/16 6:22pm: BM addresses in full Yos' post. BM seems to be pulling his punches throughout the entire post. e.g. "I do hope you weren't fake-scumhunting and trying to plant a vote with no real reason... haha" is used to telegraph BM's point in attacking Yos (the message being: come up with a reason why Trip is scummy). It's important to note that at time BM is "comfortable" in considering Yos is "likely scum."
- 06/16 7:01pm: BM talks to camn about a Yos-lynch. Once again reiterates that he "just can't see" Yos as town.
- 06/16 8:48pm: Yos details extensively why he finds BM's Incog attack less scummy than Trip's Incog attack (feel free to lol). BM's telegraphing at work.
- 06/16 9:33pm: BM realizes the error of his ways. Because Yos has merely explained himself, the "likely scum" and "can't be see[n as town]" Yos gets unvoted.

So, in the span of nine hours, BM progressively finds Yos FOS-worthy, vote-worthy, likely scum, unable to be town, and then - contrary to the entire buildup of suspicion - worthy of an unvote (with no immediately new suspicions). In those nine hours, BM ramped up his suspicion on Yos for being inconsistent in his reasons for voting Trip but not BM, BM telegraphed that he wanted Yos to explain why Yos thought Trip was scummy, and then BM deflated his short-lived train of suspicion because Yos was merely typing out words.

BM had a burst of suspicion that went from 0 to lynch in 60 seconds. Then this suspicion was instantaneously deflated. The basis of that suspicion was one thing (inconsistency), but BM was willing to unvote the "likely scum" (Yos) because of another thing (responding). What more would you want for "a lot of obvious sound and noise to create fake hostility between you and your buddy?"

Yosarian2 wrote:I don't think that was an overreaction at all. GC was acting really suspicious in his early attack on me; he really seemed to be trying to make me look bad while pretending that he wasn't, to the point of actually denying he was attacking me at one point while continuing to attack me, and then to attack me for defending myself. The whole thing was just really shifty. I don't see why me pointing out scummy behavior on the part of GC is an "overreaction".
Hey, look. You're still recreating history.

As I have already stated: "I claimed my first "exploratory" post (here) was not an attack. The fact that you're throwing out a one-liner to bloat that single comment into my subsequently filled-out suspicions (here and here) is sloppy re-envisioning of what happened. I also never claimed my suspicions weren't serious, just that it wasn't an attack -- but here you are re-imagining what I said so as to apparently provide yourself with easy ammo to shoot down legitimate suspicions."

I first made a comment that I found a post of yours strange and suspicious. You took a weirdly defensive stance in reaction, calling my initial passing commentary an "attack." I then further developed my suspicions, which you responded to very poorly. There isn't this "shifty" muddled history. I at first found your post something to comment on (not an attack). Your reaction to that led me to develop my suspicions. These subsequently developed suspicions could be considered an attack because I basically found your excuses to be lacking merit and I explained why in detail. There is an obvious progression in my approach to your posting, where at the beginning it was just a comment and then later it was an attack. Your willful misrepresentation of the situation only underscores my suspicions regarding the matter.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

vote: Yos
. Left that out. In reviewing D1 I think he's BM's most likely scum partner.

---

Incognito wrote:- bvoigt really hasn't pinged my scumdar so far.
On both D1 and D2 bvoigt was accused of following your lead. Thoughts?

---

camn wrote:And if you could daykill right now, who would it be?
How exactly is this productive?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by camn »

Shhh.
Everyone wants to cut in.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:02 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

It's true, I'm probably quite biased in preferring not to vote trip. I was so worried when I read through BM's posts, and definitely saw what people were saying about the BM/trip connection.

Then I looked through at Trip's posts pretty closely. The one thing that I certainly noticed that should be pointed out: ***Trip mentioned everyone in this game in some way or another, on day one, except for Magua. Magua is now dead, bodyguard. I don't believe that trip killed him, but I was more thinking, that as a new player, being scum, if I were to forget mentioning anyone day one, it would definitely be my scum partners. Yet there's only one person not mentioned, and that person was not scum. It is true he only very briefly mentioned BM... but there's no one else with such a dynamic, so there would not be room for a third partner under such circumstances. What does everyone else think of this?

The only other thing about Trip that sincerely concerns me, is the Pine hate for killing off Pere. If I were paying more attention, and saw someone claiming townie Luigi day one, I would have been just as willing to make that vote.. certainly a lot of information to come from that, plus since it was a townie claim, it's not like it was like suddenly calling to kill out someone that's really going to hurt the town, which the probability rises on, by choosing to pursue elsewhere after a claim.

Incognito wrote:I like how Medicated Lain is attacking me for something that Trip, not me, is guilty of.

I saw in Trip's earlier game that this was true a bit, but the difference is, you know what you are doing. Those of us that are less experienced are less likely to take strong stances I think. This is day two, and I found this to be true of you, I see no excuse in your case.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:37 am

Post by bvoigt »

camn wrote:And if you could daykill right now, who would it be?

Trip, since he's my strongest scumread at this point.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:57 am

Post by camn »

UNVOTE
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:07 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Hey guys. Sorry I've been gone but I had surgery on Tuesday and the recovery was not as easy as it was supposed to be. I mentioned it to the mod last week but I forgot to mention it here in the game. After a quick read I'll UNVOTE: Pine since he shot me down in #331. Oops.

bvoigt wrote:
Yosarian2 kind of explained this already, but BM was trying to get Incognito lynched early in the day, and then when Yos defended Incognito, and attacked Trip (who was also voting Incog), BM tried to get him lynched as well. To me, this says that Yos was a townie standing in the way of a mislynch.

Yeah, that looks suspicious, but BM didn't try all that hard to get him lynched, and changed his vote just a few posts later. I was in no real danger of being lynched at that point, so his actions to me seem more like he was just looking for a new target to get a wagon going on after the previous one got cold. He found what he saw were faults in someone's argument and went after them instead. He was probably hoping that Green Crayons, who had not been getting along with Yosarian at that point and was also the most town-looking player, would join him.

Fugitive wrote:I'm excited for when Trip gets back so I can see him in action. At this moment his wagon is meaningless to me.

The wagon ON me or the wagon I was ON?

I'll post more later.
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:47 am

Post by bvoigt »

I'll be V/LA from the 2nd through the 4th.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Incognito »

Reading through GC's case against Yos2, I'm not really moved by it. Even though BM did move his vote off of Yos rather quickly, it seemed to me like BM-scum didn't really have a choice there; Yos' responses to BM's "case" were pretty solid, and I think BM realized he'd probably have a harder time getting Yos (mis)lynched than he thought he would since the very first person to respond to his case against Yos immediately put it down.

There were also two separate posts made by BM that looked like he was still trying to rile support against Yos after the unvote: one was towards GC here and another was towards me here. I just don't see why a BM-scum would twice feel the need to try and keep up some level of paranoia against a hypothetical Yos-scumbuddy when it really wouldn't be that necessary there with a mislynch chance presenting itself in Peregrine the way it did.

Yos2 isn't someone I'd worry about right now.

Green Crayons wrote:On both D1 and D2 bvoigt was accused of following your lead. Thoughts?
It's something I've been keeping an eye on since I've been suckered by that kind of stuff by scum before, but I think it's almost been too blatant to be coming from scum. Peregrine did similar when he voted Haylen after I did in one of his first posts, and I remember initially thinking that seemed kind of townish of him too.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Incognito »

Medicated Lain wrote:Trip mentioned everyone in this game in some way or another, on day one, except for Magua.
I looked through this, and I'm really not seeing this. While it's true that Trip didn't mention anything about Magua throughout Day 1, I think there's a whole bunch of other people Trip didn't really mention on Day 1 also. In fact, I'd include you in that bunch, and I'd include BM in that bunch too. I can't see why you just randomly decided to disinclude him when his lack of mentioning BM completely throws your whole reason for defending Trip out the window.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by Incognito »

camn wrote:
UNVOTE
Uh, why the unvote?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:07 pm

Post by camn »

Because it turns out bv is town?
Didn't you see the dance?
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:25 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

incognito wrote:
I looked through this, and I'm really not seeing this. While it's true that Trip didn't mention anything about Magua throughout Day 1, I think there's a whole bunch of other people Trip didn't really mention on Day 1 also. In fact, I'd include you in that bunch, and I'd include BM in that bunch too. I can't see why you just randomly decided to disinclude him when his lack of mentioning BM completely throws your whole reason for defending Trip out the window.

When I said mention, I mean literally address in some way or another, not necessarily mention an opinion on.

TripMyWire wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Trip wrote:Well, I was still going on my random vote and since you're now my #1 suspect why wouldn't I vote you? A quick review reveals it became the only vote on you at the time so it's not like it was too threatening. You seriously voted me for just being online when the PMs sent out, and you rolled dice for another vote... I don't see it being all that radical by comparison.

He's trying to downplay the importance of his vote. He's doing everything he can to imply that his vote on Incog is meaningless and shouldn't be worried about. That's not what you do when you actually think that you're voting for a scum; you try to pressure them, you try to get other people to agree with you. It looks like what Trip wants here is for everyone to just forget about his vote and ignore him.

I'm not trying to downplay it at all. Incognito said he was surprised by my vote and I was pointing out how it compares to his votes... kinda saying the pot calling the kettle black or whatever. Oh, and it did bring attention to him... BM even voted for him. If you believe that I'm scum trying to stick a vote on someone hoping that everyone will forget about it, why would I put it on someone without any votes already on them and try to make a whole new case for them? Wouldn't that bring about MORE attention than if I were to put it on one of the bandwagons going on at the time? Much easier for a vote to get lost among others that way.

This is the only time Trip mentioned BM through all of day one... it's not really the kind of post I'd expect to see of scum mentioning scum day one. I would expect maybe more hesitation to go near scum partner at all, or if saying anything, maybe an FoS... but I'm curious what the rest of you think, because as I said, biased.

Incog still seems like a good choice to me.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:27 am

Post by bvoigt »

Incognito wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:On both D1 and D2 bvoigt was accused of following your lead. Thoughts?

It's something I've been keeping an eye on since I've been suckered by that kind of stuff by scum before, but I think it's almost been too blatant to be coming from scum. Peregrine did similar when he voted Haylen after I did in one of his first posts, and I remember initially thinking that seemed kind of townish of him too.

You ended up voting Peregrine on Day 1, though. Why?
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:05 am

Post by TripMyWire »

V/LA from later today through the 4th
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:04 am

Post by InflatablePie »

TripMyWire wrote:Hey guys. Sorry I've been gone but I had surgery on Tuesday and the recovery was not as easy as it was supposed to be. I mentioned it to the mod last week but I forgot to mention it here in the game.

Oops.

Anyways, being that it's a holiday weekend (in the U.S.), I'm gonna give everyone a V/LA pass from now till the fifth. Because I'll probably be preoccupied as well.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Incognito wrote:Reading through GC's case against Yos2, I'm not really moved by it. Even though BM did move his vote off of Yos rather quickly, it seemed to me like BM-scum didn't really have a choice there; Yos' responses to BM's "case" were pretty solid, and I think BM realized he'd probably have a harder time getting Yos (mis)lynched than he thought he would since the very first person to respond to his case against Yos immediately put it down.

There were also two separate posts made by BM that looked like he was still trying to rile support against Yos after the unvote: one was towards GC here and another was towards me here. I just don't see why a BM-scum would twice feel the need to try and keep up some level of paranoia against a hypothetical Yos-scumbuddy when it really wouldn't be that necessary there with a mislynch chance presenting itself in Peregrine the way it did.

Yos2 isn't someone I'd worry about right now.

- BM created "a lot of obvious noise and sound to create fake hostility" (Yos own words). This comes in the form of bad arguments that are easily defeated.

- Yos was able to deftly respond to BM's "case" because that "case" was a really bad argument to make a lot of obvious noise and sound to create fake hostility.

- The first person to respond to BM's case v. Yos was camn, who used a horrible reg date semi-joke without any commentary on the substance of BM's allegations against Yos. The BM-Yos interaction was entirely between the two of them. BM backed down because Yos typed words (thus was "making progress in talking). I find your suggestion that camn's commentary changes the dynamics of BM's distancing of Yos unconvincing.

- BM's post trying to rile support from me against Yos in asking me about my opinion about the "emotiveness" of Yos was a fluff scum question that didn't have any teeth against Yos. Any real weight behind it was undercut by him once again pulling his punches by admitting that he wasn't getting into new territory (with "flogging a dead horse"). Thus it wasn't asking for much in the way of providing real content. Also, I have no idea what "emotiveness" means in regards to a mafia game. But to any extent it was him asking for commentary on his bad distancing argument against Yos, he had already admitted 12 hours prior that his Yos-"suspicions" weren't actually vote worthy (despite Yos having been so obviously scum).

I find his "riling" of me to be a substance-lacking attempt to get me distracted from my BM suspicions (the focus of his post) by trying to put up a neon sign around the bad distancing argument he made against Yos.

- BM's post trying to rile support from Incog was even more worthless. He reduced his argument against Yos by this point to "Yos is participating at a reasonable level." That's a far cry from an attempt to "rile" support. This bookend to his Yos suspicion is the icing on the distancing cake. Of course at this time he's lukewarm about Yos participating at a reasonable level. That's a worthless suspicion "hook" that nobody can argue against that BM consciously decided to focus on. It's an empty argument that allows BM to maintain that arm's length distance from Yos. It's obvious noise and fake hostility.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:11 am

Post by camn »

OK, crayons.. I have bought into the idea that BM-scum calls at least one of his partners scum on Day 1.

Lets review:
PEOPLE BM CALLS SCUM:
BM wrote:Also the falcon is scum.
PeregrineV is scum.
Vote: PeregrineV

Obv.. we know now Peregrine was town.
BM wrote:I think Pine could be scum.
Unvote, Vote: Pine
BM wrote:Medicated Lain is also scum.
BM wrote:
Vote: Incognito

How can you be against a lynch of Incog??
BM wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Yosarian2

Let's turn up the HEEEEAAAAT!

So.. there are not really that many suspects.
At this point, even though my hangover is not letting me show it.. I actually do have some thoughts/plans. But on the Battle-tip, I note this post:
BM wrote:I think we're lynching one of Incognito, Medicated Lain or Yosarian2 today.

And I think there MUST be one scum in there.
BM was clearly setting up a pool of players that he was willing to push cases on for as long as he might live. ONE of them would have to flip scum for him to make endgame. There is one in there.

Another tidbit:
BM wrote:according to the scum-quicktopic i have been prodded.

I think BM was doing something that I have actually been enjoying doing lately. I think he was trying to be as truthful as he could be, as scum.. thus I think that was true.
Additionally, I think THIS is true, in the same vein.
BM wrote:I am voting for Incognito because his Haylen-vote was contrived, the reasoning eminently fictitious.

Incog: Are you scum? I hesitate.. because it seems like I have gotten A LOT of scumreads on you over the years.. and you have flipped town every godsforsaken time. So wtf? Is this finally it?
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:27 am

Post by InflatablePie »

guess who's hungover

votecount incoming, watch this space

D2 VC #3 - the hungover votecount

Incognito (2) - Pine, Medicated Lain
Trip (2) - bvoigt, Yosarian2
bvoigt (1) - Fugitive
Fugitive (1) - Incognito
Yosarian2 (1) - Green Crayons
Not Voting (2) - Haylen, TripmyWire

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch or 5 to No Lynch.
Deadline is July 16th at 11pm Eastern.
Please notify me of any votecount mistakes.

I'm giving a friendly prod to all of you because there's been no posts in two days, but it won't count towards the total prod count thing because holiday weekend and whatnot (see: my last post).
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Green Crayons wrote:
- BM created "a lot of obvious noise and sound to create fake hostility" (Yos own words). This comes in the form of bad arguments that are easily defeated.

- Yos was able to deftly respond to BM's "case" because that "case" was a really bad argument to make a lot of obvious noise and sound to create fake hostility.

So, your entire argument against me is that, when BM made what you call a "bad case" against Incognito, I said it was a bad case, and BM attacked me for it. That's it. And this despite the fact that you never bothered to say that BM's case against Incognito was a "bad case" AT THE TIME BM WAS MAKING IT. You were even VOTING him at the time, and yet you didn't bother to comment on the case he was making against Incognito, and yet now you're claiming it was a "bad argument that was easily defeated"?

If it was a bad argument that was easily defeated, and you really suspected BM yesterday, then why didn't *YOU* point out that BM's attack on Incog was bad? It's especially odd since you talked about so many other aspects of BM's play, but never actually called him on making a bad case on Incog, nor did you call him on his scummy vote for me that he made when I defended Incognito. If you mean what you're saying now, then that's a pretty glaring oddity of your play; when person A is trying to make a case against person B, and person B is making a bad, scummy case, then I'd expect person A to use that as part of their case against person B. Unless you wanted BM's attack on Incog to succeed, of course.

It doesn't cost you anything to call BM's case on Incognito bad now, GC. It would have given you a lot more town credit if you'd said something about it yesterday. Can you explain why you didn't, if you think it was 'obviously a bad case"?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:35 am

Post by Haylen »

I'm in the middle of making a post. You broke my focus :C
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:28 am

Post by bvoigt »

For a friendly prod, that was pretty painful.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”