he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Equinox »

EBWOP:

A clarification.

Equinox wrote:Ugh, I do have a strong town read on inHimshallibe right now, though, not least because he's being more analytical than his scum play usually is. I asked him to post his scum games to see if he'd try to game his meta; admittedly, I ruined that a bit by telling him I wanted to see what he'd pick, and I should have continued the "I'M LAZY" game, but whatever.

This metagaming consists of me reading inHimshallibe in iso in DEFCON Mafia 2.0 and Mafia of the Chosen Ones. From what I can tell, similar tones between DEFCON and MoCO, both of which differ from this one.

I'll be looking up other players too just happened to do this first.

Bleh forgot what else I had to say so if I remember before I go you'll hear it.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Vote Count #16

Jahudo:
Gammagooey, Ojanen, Inhimshallibe, CogitoErgoSum (L-3)
inHimshallibe:
Mina, Jahudo, hohum,
Cogito Ergo Sum

WeyounsLastClone:
TheLonging
TheLonging:
Espeonage
Mina:
Pinkie Pie
Fluttershy:
Equinox
Pinke Pie:
WeyounsLastClone

Not Voting:
Fluttershy

Day One Deadline(expired on 2011-07-02 03:00:00)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Equinox wrote:Though actually I'm interested in something. You think I'd avoid putting my buddies on that list, Cogito Ergo Sum?

Don't know and don't particularly care at this point either. Why do you care?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Primate replaces TheLonging. Thank you and welcome him to the game everypony!
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:49 am

Oh man, you're totally going to lurk, aren't you, Primate?

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Primate »

That's the plan!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Primate »

Who's the scum CES?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:07 am

Post by hohum »

So now there's enough active players in this thread to reach a lynch. I'd still prefer if it were inHim, though.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:17 am

Primate wrote:Who's the scum CES?

Jahudo, Equinox + lurker

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Primate »

Started reading, it's late so I'm going to declare V/LA until tomorrow morning.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Equinox »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Don't know and don't particularly care at this point either. Why do you care?

"HAI EQUINOX WHO WOULD BE YOUR BUDDIES"
"WAT UM LESSEE MINA AND INHIMS? I DUNNO"
"YA OK JAHUDO AND SOME LURKER ARE EQUINOX'S BUDDIES AND THUS IT HAS BEEN DECLARED"
(silently) "LOLOLS"
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:33 pm

The intent of the question wasn't to get an answer, but to see whether I'd get an answer. Why am I supposed to care about your answer?

P.S. inHim is obvtown and I'd probably count Mina among the lurkers at this point, so your point is silly anyhow.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Equinox »

Okay. I can live with that. You're also wrong, but I can live with that, too. :mrgreen:
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:48 pm

^smiley tell

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Equiiiiiii why aren't you voting jahrohus yet?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Equinox »

Gammagooey wrote:Equiiiiiii why aren't you voting jahrohus yet?

PATIENCE.

I HAVE YET TO FULLY UNDERSTAND THE BEAUTY AND GREATNESS OF FRIENDSHIP THAT THIS VERY THREAD EMBODIES.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Equinox wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:Equiiiiiii why aren't you voting jahrohus yet?

PATIENCE.

I HAVE YET TO FULLY UNDERSTAND THE BEAUTY AND GREATNESS OF FRIENDSHIP THAT THIS VERY THREAD EMBODIES.

Well it SOUNDS like the drugs are kicking in. I guess I can wait a bit more.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by Jahudo »

CES's play so far is not a surprise. I think he once took an oath against posting more than three lines at a time. I'm not the one to ask about his alignment haha, but chesskid was still on the town side of the spectrum when he lost all interest in the game (null tell).

Cool Mina is still here, says she'll explain why her vote is still on inHim.

Espy, Equinox, Pinkie, Fluttershy, WLC should say whether they would be voting myself or inHim if they were the only two allowed choices (even if they are not needed for a lynch today).

Hey Primate, if you are seeing a whole bunch of stuff from me that looks like running in circles I apologize. I can try and point you to any answer you may need on my end.

Hugs to the rest of you.
Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Townie
Fluttershy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Fluttershy »

Jahudo should not be the lynch for today. I was too caught up in the inHim arguments that when I went back and fully isoed him I found something I really missed.

To answer Jahudo's question, I don't want to chose either. I don't agree with your points on inHim and that you are making a case where there isn't one. But if it was a life or death choice, I would pick inHim.

Chesskid slot is still looking town imo.
VOTE: WLC

I believe nothing changed much on my opinion of him
You
are going
to
LOVE ME!
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by hohum »

Fluttershy wrote:

Fucking really?

72 hours left and two active wagons, but you vote for one of the people with the least amount of votes?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Fluttershy wrote:Jahudo should not be the lynch for today. I was too caught up in the inHim arguments that when I went back and fully isoed him I found something I really missed.

FEEL FREE TO FILL US IN ON IT.

Fluttershy wrote:VOTE: WLC

well as long as you BELIEVE your opinion hasn't changed it MUST BE TRUE.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:38 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Fluttershy wrote:Jahudo should not be the lynch for today. I was too caught up in the inHim arguments that when I went back and fully isoed him
I found something I really missed.

To answer Jahudo's question, I don't want to chose either. I don't agree with your points on inHim and that you are making a case where there isn't one. But if it was a life or death choice, I would pick inHim.

Chesskid slot is still looking town imo.

And no follow-up?

Horsemuck.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:54 am

Post by Jahudo »

So unless the lurkers or Primate want to talk about lynching inHim, I'm going to spend the next couple of days as if I won't be around day 2...spewing things that may not be clear to me now but might show up later if current trends continue.

I figure one scum was able to get a lot of posts in and really establish themselves as an active "contributing" player. Someone that tries to look like they are invested in scum and acting like a leader for people to rally behind on a wagon. I think that's inHim, some people think that's me, but in general I've seen scum try and get a trusted voice in a game that has plenty of lurkers and low contributors. Gamma and hohum are the highest posters but I think that is normal for them so you can't fault them for it blindly. If they were scum they'd just have an even easier time filling that role. UncertainKitten from Objection! is one example that comes to mind from my recent games. She played this role to the extreme and I feel got caught for it by going after townies when they were still valuable pawns in her game. Basically each day she seemed to already knew who the best person to target would be, and tried to string along followers with the promise of a good result. A lot of focus was placed on getting the wagon up and getting people to acknowledge it. Questioning the player always looked like a secondary goal even if she did do that to an extent. I still think inHim's treatment of WLC looks this way.

There is probably a scum that is trying to stay as even-handed and safe as possible so they don't draw unwanted attention to themselves. It might be Equinox, Fluttershy or WLC for staying away from the Jahudo/inHim wagons. The latter two you could argue haven't posted enough to be playing the safe scum role, so maybe this player doesn't exist yet or at all. I just remember in recent memory, Kdub playing this role really well in Cowboy Bebop remix and thinking back to games where scum win fairly easily its partly because no one gets a good handle on the safe scum. From my perspective I can already imagine scum eying my wagon and wondering if they will draw more attention by joining it late and being a part of a mislynch, or avoiding it and the standard tell of "x number of scum are always on a mislynch".
Don't worry about that unless I get lynched. Or until we know both inHim and my flips.

There is also a likelyhood of a lurker scum*. I saw Haschel Cedricson play this role really well: Seinfeld Mafia. What I took from that performance is that its good to say "I like this, I don't like that, etc" but don't get involved in an issue that hasn't been explored or will not be explored without you. Join something where you can take a backseat and show off a little unique angle. In this case I am reluctant to think Espy would go against the more popular WLC wagon and try to get TheLonging back to being a popular wagon, unless WLC is scum that is. But even then I think that is an unwanted connection to a buddy for someone that realizes they are not active enough to be a leader. But so far I can still see Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy in this role. Mina looks like she wants to be active and more importantly appear active to others, but its hard to tell until she starts making conclusions that lead to votes and pressure.
*When I mean lurker, its likely they had a legitimate excused absence during the game but when they were supposed to be active or "catching up", they will exhibit a lackluster playstyle.

This doesn't mean there has to be one and only one from each group, but I've seen good examples recently so I think they are viables strategies for scum to take. It also helps in the case people go lurker hunting, the active leader scum can direct people around the lurker scum while the safe scum tries to ease any tension created between town and other scum (at least more so than they would ease tension between town vs. town).
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Jahudo »

I’ll try to make these ISO’s as short as possible.

Espy 0 – Encouraging a RVS wagon is a safe move because most people are in favor of them. I doubt scum would think they’d gain points by being a nonconformist here. Pictures in the role PMs make it likely that scum saw who they were pretending to be, so if scum saw their favorite character they’d still be happy. Null tell pls.

Espy 1 – Safe move to point out the nonconformist. In retrospect its odd he called chesskid town, because he was also a nonconformist in not placing a random vote.

Espy 3 – Response to my defense is normal and expected.

Espy 6 – Doesn’t backup his opinion, could be a way to sideways call himself town. I remember now that scum do have a reason to keep their character a secret even when they have safe character claims.

Espy 7 – A phrase-conscious scum wouldn’t like say “park my vote” about themselves.

Espy 8 – I never checked that meta. He might be justified in WLC. Again I think it’s a bold move for someone who otherwise isn’t trying to be a leader.

--------------------

Pinkie 1 – Assume that’s random vote? He probably knew it would raise eyebrows.

Pinkie 2 – Calling TL town is easy. His wagon deflated early on, that’s a good sign people are okay with him. An easy tactical read for scum to make hypothetically.

Pinkie 5 – Self-aware scum likely wouldn’t make this accusation until they have a serious vote on a scum read themselves. I suppose he could think he’s hiding behind the “still catching up” safety net.

--------------------

WLC 1 – Didn’t proofread himself to catch his vote error. Don’t think it’s a Freudian slip only because I don’t see those in games. The reasoning is new, yes it could be more involved. He makes a promise to meta chesskid that he doesn’t keep presumably.

WLC 3 – Reading a little closer. Scum may be more interested in scanning for their own name than others.

WLC 4 – Defense of his mistake is alright. Defense of his suspicion is good, but sure he could be saying more by now.

WLC 5 – Could be over defensive over “fun” comment, but not egregious. Rest of post is about people not voting scum picks. We could argue this is how WLC-scum would hide the fact he is voting based on 1 reason alone. Its not hypocritical, it could be justified if that’s really all he sees in chesskid and now he’s looking into us.

WLC 8 – Doesn’t want to talk about other chesskid stuff. This may be he doesn’t want to fall into the trap of “oh look who only presents content when under pressure”.

WLC 10 – Reads are often more gut based or generalized. Some neutrals, others feel like they could dip into neutral easily. His reads are very “go with the flow” not trying to take an unpopular stance. Maybe coincidence, maybe result of too many neutrals. Lurker voting is a cop out at this point in the day.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 am

Post by Equinox »

Guys, I don't think Jahudo's scum.