don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Its a good point. And joining me is the most sensible thing since the hard boiled egg slicer. If im wrong you can lynch me.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Hiraki »

It's not a good point.

You're saying that because Coventry misread something, all of her contributions should be invalid.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Yes, how doesn't it point to scum?
#freeShotty
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Post by andrew94 »

content later. but i dont understand coventry's thingee
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Coventry
Coventry
Townie
Coventry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:12 am

Post by Coventry »

Shotty and Don_Johnson,

Dumb is dumb and misinterpreting Sigma's death scene was certainly dumb on my part. Would either of you care to explain how that would make it more likely that I was scum, though?
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:03 am

Post by Tragedy »

Mhm~

Votecount 1.6

TheLonging [0] -
yourfriendlynoggin [0] -
drmyshottyizsik [1] - Coventry
Oversoul [0] -
Hiraki [0] -
don_johnson [0] -
andrew94 [0] -
Vifam [2] - drmyshottyizsik, Hiraki
(L-3)
Coventry [1] - Don_Johnson

Not Voting
: TheLonging, yourfriendlynoggin, Oversoul, andrew94

Required 5 to Lynch, 4 to No Lynch.
Deadline is at July 3rd, 3 PM.

yourfriendlynoggin/andrew94 are V/LA
Last edited by Tragedy on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:59 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

@
Mod
DJ is not voting me.

Fixing.
#freeShotty
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:25 am

Post by don_johnson »

Coventry wrote:Shotty and Don_Johnson,

Dumb is dumb and misinterpreting Sigma's death scene was certainly dumb on my part. Would either of you care to explain how that would make it more likely that I was scum, though?

its not that you "misinterpreted" it. you seemed to have no idea that a venge kill mechanic existed.

does anyone else have "the marakesh express" playing in their head every time they post in here?

hiraki, you know i'm town. get on the coventry wagon. you were willing to test your theory with the vifam wagon, why not coventry?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Hiraki »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Yes, how doesn't it point to scum?
It's null that's why. There's no certainty that Coventry just didn't read the part with Citizens having the ability to shoot after being lynched, or if she didn't read it because she's scum.
Coventry
Coventry
Townie
Coventry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:15 am

Post by Coventry »

Actually, my pm as a replacement did not correspond to that under the spoiler button, which I failed to click on or even really register until after this discussion began. As I read the thread prior to deciding whether to replace or not I saw Neil's post with the roles, which also did not mention the revenge kill. I even thought the flavor extremely strange and wondered if Tragedy was opposed to writing a scene with a death in it on some odd moral grounds. So I pursued my ignorance about as thoroughly as one could.

So certainly you could lynch me for this mistake. You'd be one mistake away then and there wouldn't even be much intelligence you could gain from my wrongful removal from the train, except the snippets you could possibly gain from rereading my first impressions. If you are scum that's a win, and if you're not it wouldn't require any hard thinking.

Hikari, thank you for your answers. I wasn't questioning so much your decision to place a vote on Oversoul. At the time it looked like a really good vote. I was questioning why you would present your vote on Vifam as part of your existing case when later you described your vote on Oversoul as a "real" vote, which to my way of thinking indicates that your previous votes (including the one on Vifam which you removed at L-2) were not. Thank you for any clarification you can give.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Hiraki »

I didn't notice this until now.

Don_Johnson wrote:you were willing to test your theory with the vifam wagon, why not coventry?

LOL

Coventry. You get my drift now then?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:44 am

Post by don_johnson »

why has noone answered my question?

anyhow, i like how you avoid the question you quote hiraki. thats smooth.

coventry made a scumslip regarding the pm. not sure why the mod would send her a different pm than the rest of us, but whatever.

if its me or someone else, i'll be voting someone else. so yeah. i'm pretty content with lynching anyone but me right about now. heres a list in order of preference:

coventry
oversoul
vifam
noggin
longing.

thats actually in no particular order. now, tell me again how you think scum would be playing in a set-up like this. everyone, thank you.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Hiraki »

DO YOU SEE A PARTICULAR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VIFAM AND COVENTRY?

I haven't stated
one
thing of a relation between you and Coventry. I have stated relations between you and Vifam.

I did answer it, you just obviously are blinded by wanting to get away with a better lynch also known as a mislynch.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Oversoul »

don_johnson wrote:why has noone answered my question?

anyhow, i like how you avoid the question you quote hiraki. thats smooth.

coventry made a scumslip regarding the pm. not sure why the mod would send her a different pm than the rest of us, but whatever.

if its me or someone else, i'll be voting someone else. so yeah. i'm pretty content with lynching anyone but me right about now. heres a list in order of preference:

coventry
oversoul
vifam
noggin
longing.

thats actually in no particular order. now, tell me again how you think scum would be playing in a set-up like this. everyone, thank you.

People make mistakes. It happens everyday so Coventry confused an aspect of the game how is that a scumslip? Or do you just want it to be a scumslip, DJ? :| Stop looking for an easy way out.

I also find it funny how you put "here is a list in order of preference" and then state directly after said list "that's actually in no particular order". I am sorry, but what? Having trouble following the logic, if any, there.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by don_johnson »

no logic. lighten up lynchbait. ;)
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Do you think the slip is strong?
if so/ not are there any other reasons?

coventry is TOO polite.
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Vifam »

Don_John can you get anymore scummier?

I'll add some new content in a second.
ok
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Hiraki »

nice distancing attempt
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:11 am

Post by Tragedy »

Prodding TheLonging.
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:42 am

Post by TheLonging »

Oversoul wrote:The Longing: Weird how on page 4 he already states that he has solid reads on people, but he doesn't share these reads. Isn't that the equivalent to Neil's actions? Why didn't anyone call him out? I know that this early in the game reads are likely to change a lot and that is natural. Why be hesitant in posting them?

It was page 4, aka, EXTREMELY early in the game, whereas Neil's reads were developed later on (next page I think) after more time had passed and much more content came through
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:00 am

Post by TheLonging »

Coventry, who did you replace? This would help me explain my first point of who I thought was scum and who wasn't.

Coventry wrote:You haven’t posted much but a couple of your posts (#79 and to a lesser extent #83) were in quick defense of Vifam, and this ends in voting for Sigma in your post #85. Honestly, I thought the finger in Vifam’s direction was pretty weak, too, and Sigma did look a little shady early in the day…but considering how few posts you’ve made why the quick defense? So early on day one why not let Vifam fight his own battle? I’m just a little curious?

I’m more curious about something you did later. In posts #125, #128 and #132 you go after Neil from various directions. You know, telling him it’s scummy to insult people (I wish tells were that easy). In post #167 you even say scum are more likely to make an appeal to emotion (once again, I sure wish this was true). But both of those are far more often just bad player tells. So this is just background, but I’m curious as to whether you actually believe being emotional and begging for pity really are general scum tells or if you were just trying to put pressure on Neil. If you were, why, since he was pretty much already self-destructing?

Point B: I've always defended people I thought were really town and try to get who were really scum. I though Vifam was really town.

Also scum usually use AtE, which is what I've seen happening a lot.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Vifam wrote:Don_John can you get anymore scummier?.

scummier than what? You?

Andrew: I think its pretty significant. But im ok with the vifam lynch to. Cov is first choice.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Coventry
Coventry
Townie
Coventry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:01 am

Post by Coventry »

Hello, TheLonging.

Thanhk you for your response. I'm replacing Jakesh 97. I can't agree that I think scum use appeals to emotion more than desperate town, as Neil would tend to demonstrate. But I've certainly seen it expressed as an opinion before.

Andrew94, I try very hard to be polite because so many people seem to be unable to separate being accused of playing the part of scum with being accused of being scum. No, that sounds a bit insane, so I'll just say that people tend to get angry and have their feelings hurt, and I don't like hurting them. I tend to bother people a lot with questions and I can be a bit persistent, so the less stridently I can scream "I think you're the scum!" the less I think I'll upset someone. For instance, I have some real suspicions about Hikari but I've quite enjoyed chatting with him. So instead of screaming "you're ducking my question!" I say "I hate to bother you again, but..." because really, if I asked a good question (maybe even if I asked a stupid one that he might have to cover the answer for later) and he is scum, it is really his job to duck it.

Hikari, I do understand what you're pointing at with Don_Johnson, but I still thnk that if your opinion is dominated by your view of don_johnson's actions it would seem more logical for you to vote for don_johnson. And I'm not sure about don_johnson either, because surely he wouldn't act so obviously, over-the-top careless and superficial if he was scum. He's not even trying to sell any of the wagons he's called for other than yelling "Wheee, let's lynch 'em!". I know someone yelling for just about any old lynch is mafia 101, but he's being so blatant. And I just don't think the tells on Vifam are that strong. I hate to do this to you but can you take another try at explaining why you would prefer to go for Vifam first in this situation? Thank you, either way.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Vifam »

coventry wrote:Vifam, perhaps your most interesting post was #146 in thread. In this post you tell Shotty to “back up” because Hiraki “hasn’t done anything scummy” and vote for Neil because of his “tough guy act”. What interests me here is that Shotty had just launched his attack on Hiraki, turning attention in Hiraki’s direction for the first time. And of course poor grumpy Neil had already attracted a fair amount of ill-will and suspicion, so it was an easy vote to make and also raised the real possibility of Neil responding in some way that would make him look even more guilty.

This would all be less curious if Hiraki, who you defended in that post, hadn’t thrown a sleepy second morning vote in your direction with the hint that his vote for you was all about proving Don_Johnson was scum. But given that could you explain why you finally decided to vote for Neil just as some attention was being focused on Hiraki? I mean Neil had been grumpy Mr. Cries a Lot pretty much from the start and I can’t believe you found nothing suspicious in any of Hiraki’s first day actions. So if you could tell us a little about your thought process here I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Wasn't Hiraki's vote on me on D2? If this happened on D1 I could understand where you are coming at, but after Niel's flip I don't really see what you're getting at, opinions can change.

I voted for Neil because of his overrall lack of content. I didn't find Hiraki scummy D1.

But his "Hey let's lynch Vifam to prove Don-John is scum" is painfully flawed. Especially when you think about how close I was to being lynched D1, how he managed to edge out ALL of the BW that were on me to don_john, is very shady.

He seems to totally forget that drshotty is voting me also. How he peg'd Don_John as scum when drshotty was mafia for the SAME EXACT REASON implies a few things. One being that Dr is his scum partner and he is trying to frame Don_John and I, or he knows John is scum because they're partners.

And I'm on the fence about that, I'm leaning Don_John as scum though.

Also Coventry didn't slip that's ridiculous. She's town, even if she has the same style of play of politeness and well spaced out paragraphs, she's still way too straight forward to be mafia. Her effort to extract answers are completely genuine.

VOTE: Hiraki

I don't see anyway he's not mafia.
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Vifam »

EBWOP: That post had terrible grammar, W/E.
ok

Return to “Completed Open Games”