DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by gorilla »

Yeah, but you can only recall the nook within the first 48 hours of launching it - they take 72 to hit
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:They don't all resolve at once?

They DO HAVE Specific time stamps, yes?
Can't cancel after 48 hours have passed.
NOOKS take 72 hours to fly.
Do the math.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Oooooohhhhhhhhhh.

Fuck.

Not like it makes a difference. Gamma's reaction to the sub nuke RB was scum anyway. I'm sure of it.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Need doesn't have an x substituted in for your version, though. :neutral:

dana wrote:Yeah...cause it makes sense that SCUM (who have people trying to prevent their lynch simply because of alignment) get lynched more easily than TOWN (who have people trying to push their lynch simply because of alignment).

I know self-meta isn't all that reliable but when I play scum, it's every man for himself in my book until the next night phase. Just putting that out there.

Magua wrote:Chances are very high that every scumteam member has a different key.

I think this is the case. Running all the phrases that had the same key for letter frequency analysis would've cracked this thing within less than a couple hours with multiple drops.

I stand by Socio-town. Magua, I know you think it's scummy but look at who you're talking about: Socio. Plus, he's likely dying anyways so I doubt he cares. I rest my case.

Inhim wrote:LLD is also scum that cracked the code imo.

Except there's more than one code. Why would scum want to keep me alive for one last protection anyways? You really think the townpoints would be worth it? I don't.

Also, you nook-speculationists are silly. Remember, we've got that Defcon 3 thing I asked about early on still. No need to wait as long as Gamma's cool about it and is town. Hey Gamma, can you ask to get nuked faster?. Your flip will help a lot and I really doubt it's getting recalled.

And LLD, what does your frequency analysis say about the repeated QL in the "dhuxthwcutxhpqsxodephdqlsqvmicql" line? What do you think are the odds QL=TH? Any frequency analysis on it? Also, the inverse HD and DH repeats. Anything on HD/DH=EH/HE, HD/DH=ON/NO, or HD/DH=ER/RE?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Gamma's reaction to the sub nuke RB was scum anyway. I'm sure of it.
Probably.

Your timing is terrible though.
And you shot up from nothing to super scummy with one nuke.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:47 pm

Post by SocioPath »

SDC
GG
TOOG
REG
MOI

Not that is...is it?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Not that easy...is it?
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Toog and SDC? No.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Magua »

You only have 48 hours to abort your nuke. Gamma won't get nuked until that has elapsed.

HOW IS IT YOU BREAK CODES AND MISS THINGS LIKE THIS AT THE SAME TIME?
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by SocioPath »

The SK is more likely to have RB'd me than SDC has of being town.
SDC is my NUMBA ONE SCUM READ.

THEY ARE SILENT.
The name is SCREAMING Death Clan.
NOT SILENT DEATH CLAN.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by Regfan »

What's everyones thoughts on a an outright mass-claim because at this point mafia already know the PR's via ruling out all the players that have already nuked.

If I get time later today I'll attempt to have a go at the code encryption because thus far anything related to that has flown way over my head. Gorilla can you attempt to place ALL of the messages you have into your next post, while doing so please attempt to explain your reads in entirety because I'm struggling to see how you can believe I'm mafia while having watched and taken part in multiple of my scum games.

Mina is town. Ludi is town. Toasty is town. Toog is town. I'm comfortable with everoyne else burning apart from them. With that said SocioPaths arrogance and belief that he's correct in his reads doesn't make sense as scum whatsoever, he'd be forcing himself into a corner when and if they were to all flip town. At the same time I can understand the dislike of SDC being quiet but that doesn't change the fact that their earlier player screams town and means there's no reason whatsoever to nuke them. I was planning on coming into today nuking Revenge of the Wei for the continual avoidance of stating any form of reads but that's already been taken care of therefore I will be nuking one of [Magua, InternetStranger, Dana] today however I'll need to do some more reading to determine which exactly.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

I hate to break your bubble, Regfan, but if you think Revenge of Wei is town, you can't possibly be thinking of nuking Internet Stranger. There is no
Fragment
universe in which an {Internet Stranger, Revenge of Wei} scum team would make even the most remote amount of sense.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Let it be known that until the Reg wagon started, I was going to NOOK HIS ass.
This wagon better not disappoint.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'm agreeing with the school of thought that Kats didn't aircraft Sociopath. Leaving only Gamma to possibly do that.

Which means Toog's been working his counter-intelligence.

Nuke: Toogeloo

There are no words.

Somehow we have people thinking I am lying about being Counter Intelligence? If that were true, then there would easily be a counter claim since there is zero town motivation to claim counter intelligence and dick over the scanners and eavesdropper. And since there have been zero counter claims, then I am obviously the Counter Intelligence.

Now since I claimed Counter Intelligence in my first post. I must have done so with the intent to never use it because why would I bring the attention to myself?

So we have Gamma who claims that he has been roleblocking me in the hopes that if I were scum, my team would think it to be safe to communicate openly after I activate said ability. However, if I am roleblocked and scum, my team would know that I was roleblocked, and there would be very little reason to feel safe to post anything. Bad logic on Gamma's part.

What I REALLY don't get is how Gamma claiming to Roleblock me in any way ties him to me as scum buddies, and even if he flips scum automatically makes me scum. Both Socio and LLD make this leap, and I fail to understand how. Katsuki was a Roleblocker as well, but it's completely dismissed that there is zero chance in hell that Kat would roleblock Socio. Apparently Kat is so easy to read and all, especially since everyone had Kat pegged as town :roll: .

LLD, if you don't recall the nuke, like now, then I guess I will have little recourse to commit suicide, because I am not wasting 72 hours of my life beating my head against a wall... the sheer stupidity in the last 3 pages is astounding.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by SocioPath »

SocioPath wrote:
Hinduragi wrote:Goddammit.

AGM wrote:If you are being targeted with a nuclear missile, you may post I do not wish to die a painful radioactive death in the thread.
Was this in Defcon 2? If so, did anyone use it? It seems like the wimp's way out.

I think it is more to deal with time sensitive information needing to be out there sooner, than later.
Seems like a TACTFUL and TACTICFUL way out.
This may come in handy yet.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

lol @ people thinking toog is lying. There are ways to prove that.
seriously tho, like 4 more pages?!
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

One of {SDC, Reg, Toog} needs to be replaced with Toasty on that scumlist, Socio.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Swift Justice wrote:(Equinox)

I hate to break your bubble, Regfan, but if you think Revenge of Wei is town, you can't possibly be thinking of nuking Internet Stranger. There is no
Fragment
universe in which an {Internet Stranger, Revenge of Wei} scum team would make even the most remote amount of sense.

First thing I noticed. Reg wins the vote!

Vote:Regfan

My only regret is that I have only one nuke to launch for my country.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by Magua »

Toogeloo wrote:However, if I am roleblocked and scum, my team would know that I was roleblocked, and there would be very little reason to feel safe to post anything.

You wouldn't know you're roleblocked. Gamma's strategy is actually quite a beautiful plan, and pretty much perfectly clears you if he flips town.

Everything else you say is true, though.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

Embarrassing error is embarrassing.

Swift Justice wrote:I hate to break your bubble, Regfan, but if you think Revenge of Wei is
town
scum
, you can't possibly be thinking of nuking Internet Stranger. There is no
Fragment
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

If regfan is scum, one of mina, ludi, TT, toog is scum with him. sorry if my notes are coming sporadically, massive headache atm.
Hindu, would you like me to clarify what I said?
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Magua »

ToastyToast wrote:If regfan is scum, one of mina, ludi,
TT
, toog is scum with him. sorry if my notes are coming sporadically, massive headache atm.

<_<
>_>
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Magua wrote:
ToastyToast wrote:If regfan is scum, one of
mina,
ludi,
TT
toog
is scum with him. sorry if my notes are coming sporadically, massive headache atm.

<_<
>_>

The four people who he wants to avoid nuking. This is regardless of my PoV. Strike-throughs are my own opinion.

gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by gorilla »

Regfan wrote:If I get time later today I'll attempt to have a go at the code encryption because thus far anything related to that has flown way over my head. Gorilla can you attempt to place ALL of the messages you have into your next post, while doing so please attempt to explain your reads in entirety because I'm struggling to see how you can believe I'm mafia while having watched and taken part in multiple of my scum games.

that's why I think you're scum? you throw out some lists and get people thinking you're protown and then vanish when the pressure's off. I know you've been around and not posting and I don't think you'd lurk as town. Nuke scum and I'll reconsider. If you want my thoughts on everyone I'll need time because I am very bad at casting a wide net.

p-edit: I admit I cracked up at TT's post. I was actually theorizing possibility of regfan-ludi as scum earlier, but I became uncertain of ludi as scum so I never said anything.
Screaming Death Clan
Screaming Death Clan
Goon
Screaming Death Clan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Screaming Death Clan »

K I got the password now nevermind.

All right, now I will ADMIT that I have been very out of it this game.

Both my top scumreads flipping town back to back really takes the wind out of my sails.

I don't have much to offer in the way of reads anymore, except that Master Ludi wanting to survive with three people is SCUMMY AS FUCK and I think he's been too cocky of all the towncred we gave him, so that townread is gone.

Socio is basically flailing scum at this point, he was RB'd by town who SHOULD NOT claim.

As for the rest?

I propose this:

No more nukes. We need to see some flips first.

I think a scumflip on Vi or Socio would REALLY help me catch my second wind.

Oh and I don't think Toog is scum, that's the ONE nuke I'd recall at this point. His choice of Counter-I even AFTER Katsuki made it clear it would be nuked on sight is TOO ballsy for Toog scum. More likely he's an American hero that doesn't play by other people's rules.

I'll also add Regfan to my scumlist just because I can't think of ANYTHING that's come from that slot off the top of my head.

We should also probably stop discussing ZOMG PRO TOWNIEST TOWN in thread, as it gives scum who are about to die with a nuke a GOOD TARGET to die with them in a blazing inferno.
Show
RAGE INTO THE SUNSET

OUR GLORY WILL BE ETERNAL

Fate/Reck/SpyreX/Socio/Elli
If you see this sig, it's one of us.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”