Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Jahudo, are you doing that stupid intentionally looking scummy on Day 1 again?

Vote: inHim
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:08 pm

1) WLC committed a smiley tell.
2) Equinox, could you iso yourself and tell me who makes most sense as your scum partners?

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Equinox »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:2) Equinox, could you iso yourself and tell me who makes most sense as your scum partners?

wat

Okay. Mina and inHimshallibe, I guess? Called Mina town for weak tells then backtracked when I read her in closer detail, and I've been ignoring inHimshallibe apart from calling him town earlier in the day.
Pinkie Pie
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Pinkie Pie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Pinkie Pie »

CES I need some help, why is inhim scum?

Also WLC's vote on us is terrible. Voting lurker-reads over scumreads is all sorts of bad.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

CES and I go way back, with that thing with the guy at the place.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Pinkie Pie wrote:CES I need some help, why is inhim scum?

Also WLC's vote on us is terrible. Voting lurker-reads over scumreads is all sorts of bad.

Not with YOUR play it isn't.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Hi CES. I like to frustrate people to no end, what can I say. I'm serious about inHim being scums though.

Pinkie Pie must be throwing a scummy party. How about you give your opinion on inHim before you start asking other people to give theirs? Also have you read the whole thread? You hadn't as of post 242.

@WLC: Deadline is coming soon. What will you do if Pinkie Pie doesn't get more votes? Can you expand upon your Jahudo and inHim reads because it looks like you are still open to either of us being scum. Also I'm not sure what you are referring to with me "defending Equinox's claim"? I called it and Espy's "softclaim" more null tells than anything.

Gammagooey wrote:Jahudros you are missing the entire point.
If inhims has been saying that wlc meant "i can't think of a reason for chess's behavior [AS TOWN], then it's exactly the same stuff that longing and inhims and chess already talked about, hence outdated reason. it's only been gone over if you interpret it as "i can't think of that as [a serious vote].
I believe I have evidence that he did interpret it as "serious vote" and not "as town". I believe "using that outdated reason" is evidence. You may disagree but I think it makes sense.

jaaaaah wrote:
1-Oatmeal?
And then I said oatmeal, are you crazy?

Yes, but I don't really get the connection between oatmeal and not being listened to.[/quote]Okay, I've heard it used in this fandom as oatmeal is synonymous with the word crazy. You even if I flip town you may still think my ideas are crazy. I don't mean it as an offense to anyone. It's a frustration on my part that with each new person saying my case holds no weight, I feel like I have to either be a crazy genius or just plain crazy.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

jahudo wrote:I believe "using that outdated reason" is evidence. You may disagree but I think it makes sense.

Uhm. I disagree with your conclusions? I've kinda gone over this multiple times so everyone should get what I mean at least.
Therefore, whatevers.

@oatmeal- oh. Yeah I don't actually watch the show, just figured this game would be fun with fara+hito mod and general silliness everywhere.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Vote Count #15

inHimshallibe:
Mina, Jahudo, hohum, Cogito Ergo Sum (L-3)
Jahudo:
Gammagooey, Ojanen,
Fluttershy
, Inhimshallibe (L-4)
WeyounsLastClone:
TheLonging,
TheLonging:
Espeonage
Mina:
Pinkie Pie
Fluttershy:
Equinox
Pinke Pie:
WeyounsLastClone
Cogito Ergo Sum:
WeyounsLastClone

Not Voting:
Fluttershy

Day One Deadline(expired on 2011-07-02 03:00:00)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by hohum »

inHimshallibe wrote:CES and I go way back, with that thing with the guy at the place.

You woke up with a hotdog in your ass, didn't you?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Mina »

Before I continue with the ISO extravaganza, I'll answer the outstanding questions to me. I'll post this in two parts because this ballooned in size.

It's a good thing that my phone battery died yesterday at work, and that hohum apologized (I do appreciate it) for his first post essentially telling me I was useless and shouldn't bother posting anymore. I was originally going to pretty much tell him to fuck off. But I've cooled down since then, so I'll keep this civil.

hohum wrote:
Mina wrote:hohum: I'll be honest. I find hohum's playstyle frustrating and abrasive. The way in which he's calling inHim confirmed scum with rock-solid 100% confidence (and Gamma scum for defending him) is actually provoking a kneejerk reaction in favour of inHim. That said, I think hohum is probably town. He's drawing lots of attention to himself with his play, he's aggressive and questioning people, and he seems sincere about the whole voting bloc.

I'm so sleep deprived that fuck it, I'm not going to elaborate more on this one unless someone asks me to. He's town because I SAY SO, okay?

I'll start with the obvious here. A total emotional reaction to what's going on here. Tantamount to OMGUS except she's calling me town. Really? You hate me, you don't trust my reads and you're championing an inHim counter-wagon right now, but you still think I'm town?!?

Um...WTF?

No, seriously, WTF?

Where do I say in that paragraph that I hate you, don't trust your reads, and am championing an inHim counterwagon? Are you reading an alternate-universe version of my posts?

I was being honest about the fact that I often find your playstyle abrasive--and I think even you would agree that you can be abrasive at times. I did not say anywhere that I personally hate you as a person.

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut about everything that came before "hohum looks town" just to be diplomatic, but I'm not good at hiding my thought process.

I tend to dislike when people are overconfident and use rhetoric to paint a suspect as confirmed scum. Add to that my inner white knight instinct, and I'll admit that your rhetoric made me tempted to go, "Screw you, I'm unvoting inHim." So do you believe that having this emotional reaction is a scumtell?

hohum wrote:I'd also like to point out that Mina is still voting someone she supposedly has a town read on.

Um...

But...um...I...
didn't
say I have a town read on inHimshallibe.

No, seriously. Read that post again. I mean, I criticize chesskid's vote on inHim (because it was pretty bad and out of left field). And I do say the way you go about pushing inHim is a turn-off. But obviously, if I'd thought inHim was obvtown, I'd have unvoted. (I'll go more into why I left my vote on inHim when I answer Jahudo.)

At this point, my read on inHim is kind of murky, simply because the case on him seems to be based on logical contradictions rather than gut, and I want to ISO him/Jahudo/WLC first. I find that he nitpicks a lot in some of his defences to Jahudo, and it makes him hard to read.

You've been lurking this entire time and you haven't really provided any counter-points to the inHim wagon, nor did you comment on Jahudo's case. I don't believe you really bothered to read anything. You just skimmed over the thread hoping to glean enough information from it to make it appear as if you did because god knows we wouldn't want to be associated with a lurker-induced no-lynch on day 1, amirite?

1) It should be obvious by the kind of things I've been pointing out that I've been reading the fucking thread. It would have been really easy to just spam the thread with one-liners and quick comments in response to people, had I wanted to look active without putting the work into catching up.

2) This is premature when I didn't actually finish catching up. That was Part One of a two-part catch-up post...in alphabetical order. Jahudo and inHim are on the bottom half of the player list, so hold your
ponies
horses and wait for Part Two.

Also about Gamma: Anyone who stands in the way of a lynch is going to look scummy. It's only natural. I'm tempered enough about my reads that I'm reserving judgment. Also gamma has done some pro-town things in this thread. You; however, have proven quite useless and inept to this point. My advice to you is to get with the fucking program, buss your scum buddy inHim and go back to doing your nails or whatever it was you were doing before you decided to waste our time with your half-assed "reads"

I almost broke my promise not to tell you to fuck off.

No, seriously, what is your problem? Which do you want me to do? Continue doing my nails and being useless and inept while on V/LA? Or posting my half-assed "reads" at four in the morning?

I always feel really guilty as either alignment for being a lurker, but I was not posting in any of my Mafia games during that period. This game just happened to start at a really bad time. I don't think anyone wants to hear excuses for what I was doing with each spare hour in which I wasn't posting in MLP, but I don't feel bad for not covering any more ground in that post given my time constraints. That's all I'll say about it.

I accidentally erased some of my next post replying to Jahudo and Equinox, but more coming in a bit.
Last edited by Twilight Sparkle on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:41 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Please lay out these nits and the hair from whence they were picked.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Tags fixed in Mina's post.

Beginnign the search for the TheLonging replacement. If he posts before one is found he can keep his spot.
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:59 pm

Post by Equinox »

inHimshallibe, scum games plz.

I can look them up myself sure but I want your picks because there's a reason I want your picks.

Also, status update, I'm on page 3 but I'm going ot bed. I will finish tomorrow at all costs. AND HAVE A VOTE. Yes.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:41 pm

Equinox wrote:
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:2) Equinox, could you iso yourself and tell me who makes most sense as your scum partners?

wat

Okay. Mina and inHimshallibe, I guess? Called Mina town for weak tells then backtracked when I read her in closer detail, and I've been ignoring inHimshallibe apart from calling him town earlier in the day.

Correct response was not to do it, just fyi.

Ask Jahudo. I'm not done reading the thread yet.

Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:33 am

Post by Espeonage »

about to do the iso's of the two largest wagons. Will join one of them afterwards so we can make a lynch by deadline.
Don't @ me.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:10 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Right, Equinox, my bad.
Show

:

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:19 am

Unvote, vote: Jahudo

Scum: Jahudo, Equinox, Fluttershy

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:23 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Show

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:24 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Oh hey CES. <3
Show

:

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Equinox »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Correct response was not to do it, just fyi.

*shrug*
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Equinox »

Though actually I'm interested in something. You think I'd avoid putting my buddies on that list, Cogito Ergo Sum?
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:19 am

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Well, get your act together and post something useful, and I might move my vote.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Equinox »

REREAD WALL OF DOOM, PART ONE.

PINKIE PIEEEEEE

MehPlusRawr wrote:YEAH SORRY ABOUT THAT BASICALLY
I WAS WAITING ON THE HYDRA
AND THEN DISAPPEARED FROM THE INTERNET FOR A DAY OR TWO AND NOW I'M POSTING

Twilight Sparkle wrote:MehPlusRawr is hydra'd with Katsuki, but they do not yet have a hydra. Both players will recieve their role PM, but for clarity purposes,
ONLY MehPlusRawr will be permitted to post in the thread
. (They can both discuss in a hydra QT as they please.) When the hydra is created, it will replace MPR and either player will be able to post from it, as normal.

EXCUSES, MAN. EXCUSES.

Bottom of page 4. Towns: chesskid3, hohum, inHimshallibe, Maziek

On a fun note, I can
probably
see why Espeonage called chesskid3 town so early, but I'm still twitchy because Espeonage isn't working off hindsight. Calling me town because I softclaimed a specific pony despite it being in the rules that scum have fake claims is bad news, too.

TheLonging was up in that list until this post right here:

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3138910#p3138910]96[/url], TheLonging wrote:edit: saw the correction

unvote
vote: weyouns

no way that was accidental.

Doesn't even consider the possibility that WeyounsLastClone made an attribution error.

Meh, WeyounsLastClone's vote on
TheLonging
chesskid3 makes sense given his theoretical stance, I suppose, but I'm interested in why he believed the stuff in the other 4 pages wasn't worth looking at. chesskid3 did more than vote No Lynch, after all, and it's that stuff people were calling him town over.

chesskid3 is wrong, though.

Actually, I'm startin' to see why my accent was gratin' on you guys. I
do
apologize. I hope y'all will find it in ya hearts to forgive me.
(lols)
Okay, that probably wasn't that funny.

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3139688#p3139688]110[/url], Jahudo wrote:No, I don't think I've ever chosen to not make a random vote. And I've never heard of doing it / not doing it as an alignment tell, I'm sure of that because it sounds so ridiculous to me I would have remembered it. So my only thought was "meh, I'll skip random vote stage"

Uh, so you thought about whether or not you'd get flack for not voting and when you remembered that nobody does that sort of thing, you didn't vote. A little worried about the fact that you had to
think
about it.

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3140028#p3140028]112[/url], Espeonage wrote:Something feels wrong about the WLC wagon. Last game I was in with him scum tried to push his wagon every day when he wasn't really overly scummy and every day they failed. And he was town. This feels very similar.

TL is the only one on there that is in my completely null pool. All the others I have town to slight town reads on.

Doesn't like the WeyounsLastClone wagon, which is reasonable. Obviously that assumes Espeonage has a town read on WeyounsLastClone, which he confirms in his second paragraph. Okay, what I'm saying here is I thought Espeonage slipped that he knew WeyounsLastClone to be town, but that's not necessarily the case.

My concern, though, is why Espeonage seems to think MehPlusRawr is "town to slight town" as implied by second paragraph. And it's not like MehPlusRawr was completely invisible; I listed him under lurkers and Gammagooey highlighted it for all to see. Um, yeah.

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3140355#p3140355]120[/url], Jahudo wrote:I think scum follow the crowd early game because its easier to do that when there aren't dozens of small details to take sides on. There could also easily be 1 scum in {Fluttershy, MehPlusKatsuki, Mina} who haven't made as much or any impression yet. That doesn't mean they should have pressure votes though. Fluttershy and Mina are V/LA, no need to pressure there. Meh will get prodded by the mod when the time comes.

Jahudo has this stance but doesn't have scum reads at this point? Um, okay. The comment about not needing to pressure the absent players makes me twitch, but logically it does make sense, so... I dunno?

In post 129, TheLonging wrote:Of course Pinkie Pie is the best pony

TheLonging's interactions with chesskid3 made him look townish. It appears I may have been wrong about that because TheLonging's ignoring everything since.

THE JAHUDO AND INHIMSHALLIBE WAR BEGINS HERE. I'S LATE TO THE PARTY BUT I DON'T REALLY CARE.

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3138852#p3138852]90[/url], inHimshallibe wrote:For 1)not commenting on discussion between those of us who had voted and subsequently unvoted TheLonging, 2)being vague about chesskid, and 3)killing innocent ponies.

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3145206#p3145206]142[/url], inHimshallibe wrote:My beef with WLC comes from using the No Lynch vote as reasoning after there was a lot more content to be explored when considering who to vote at that juncture.

Hang on, what?

For one thing, it looks like inHimshallibe missed the fact that WeyounsLastClone mis-voted TheLonging, but the basic premise for his vote's the same: WeyounsLastClone didn't talk about the rest of the game. What I'm worried about is how inHimshallibe missed that WeyounsLastClone made a mistake about TheLonging and later corrected it.

Ugh, I do have a strong town read on inHimshallibe right now, though, not least because he's being more analytical than his scum play usually is. I asked him to post his scum games to see if he'd try to game his meta; admittedly, I ruined that a bit by telling him I wanted to see what he'd pick, and I should have continued the "I'M LAZY" game, but whatever.

Okay, I'm going to have to leave for a few hours, so let's go ahead and drop this right here. Part 2 coming as soon as I come back, and I'll have REAL ACTUAL COMMENTS on Nixon's red pandas.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”