Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by Pine »

Seriously, Yos? Fugi replaced someone WHO FLAKED. And you're using lack of content from the slot as evidence? Really fucking lame.

Incog, I offered that as a recent EXAMPLE. Still on phone (I'm camping for a couple days) so full case is pending.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Interesting developments... One idea that comes to mind immediately to me... zydrate black market mafia? Amber, Grave Robber, and maybe even a small character like one of the alley girls started up a black market for mafia, and that's what we're after? Just trying to think of interesting plots that could go with the events that unfolded.

vote: Cognito

cognito wrote:GC and Yos2 look very likely town to me too based on interactions.

There's a nice circle of suspicious-looking people in {TripMyWire, Medicated Lain, Fugitive} with the latter of the three being mainly due to complete non-contribution. camn looks the shadiest to me of the people who were on the PeregrineV-town wagon.

What? That makes no sense.

I had a nice ride in an ambulance this morning for the first time, to the emergency room. I'm not feeling that well, so I don't know if I'll be posting again today.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:03 am

Post by Incognito »

Fugitive wrote:All of those are fencesit reads, but especially the middle one. And that's just one post.
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt.

Wrong.

I called Pine likely town, I completely reversed my D1 opinion of Haylen and said that I think she might be town, and said that camn seems shady. I said Yos and GC are town based on BM interactions... All of that is very far from fencesitting. I'd be THRILLED if you could point out more instances of that because I think you're talking bullshit.

Medicated Lain wrote:
vote: Cognito

cognito wrote:GC and Yos2 look very likely town to me too based on interactions.

There's a nice circle of suspicious-looking people in {TripMyWire, Medicated Lain, Fugitive} with the latter of the three being mainly due to complete non-contribution. camn looks the shadiest to me of the people who were on the PeregrineV-town wagon.

What? That makes no sense.
What makes no sense about what I said there?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:21 am

Post by Fugitive »

Incog wrote:Not feeling the Pine-hate; I think he's likely town.
He's being pretty silly right now
but town.

Sadly, Haylen could possibly be town too based on interactions with BM,
but I want to see her finish that analysis.

camn
looks the shadiest to me
of the people who were on the PeregrineV-town wagon.

I've bolded the contradictory parts of your reads for you since you're not being intellectually honest (which is typically a scum trait). They're all lines that you could fall back on to change those reads if necessary. "Yeah, I called Pine town but he's so silly maybe I was wrong." "Yeah, Haylen might be town but her analysis might be bad and therefore scum." "camn looks the shadiest of those people, sure, but that doesn't make her shadier than the people off the wagon."

Understand now? Good.

I'll look around for more after work, if I can't find any I'll concede your point to a single fluke post.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Pine wrote:Seriously, Yos? Fugi replaced someone WHO FLAKED. And you're using lack of content from the slot as evidence? Really fucking lame.

(shrug) mpr didn't post any content before he flaked, either.

If you have no information from a slot, and then that slot makes one post and it looks scummy, then the slot looks scummy.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:58 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Pine wrote:I figured she was going for the "Mafia wouldn't fakeclaim that role, it's too damning" defense. Looks like it produced that reaction from Trip.

Really? Well you certainly left that out of your explanation for the vote, and that definitely would have been an important thing to state as it would have helped your case. It seems to me like you realized your mistake, said 'oh yeah, I totally considered that' to try to cover it up, and then that last sentence has an accusatory feel that would make sense for you to say only IF Peregrine turned out to be mafia... which he's not... so why say it? So back to the point... if you're telling the truth, why did you leave that reasoning out of your vote? It only could have helped you and I believe it was worth discussing before hammering.
Pine wrote:Trip, have you seen Repo?

Yes.
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Pine »

@Trip: You seem to be ignoring this post.
Pine wrote:No, Yos, if there's a vig, it's gotta be Nathan. Luigi is plausible as SK, but I'm seeing the Largo family as the Mafia here. Four Mafia is a bit much for a game this size, so there's probably some internal Mafia politics, that would fit with the flavor. I just finished playing a Star Wars-themed game (on a different site) where there were more Mafia than usual, but they had Usurper mechanics in line with the Sith Rule of Two...there's a similar flavor going on with the Largo family here.

Graverobber as third party. Maybe some kind of unique mechanic to reflect stealing from the dead or Survivor. Shiloh is a VT role. Amber may be the non-Mafia Largo, she's the most self-interested and least...evil. Pavi may have some kind of mechanic related to his face-changing. Blind Mag is probably some kind of investigative role. Watcher maybe?

But yeah. I can't see Luigi Largo as Town, and certainly not as a VT.

UNVOTE: Camn <--Holy shit, I thought I unvoted a while ago.
VOTE: PeregrineV

Stating that I believe the name claim, but not the role claim, and voting based on it...there IS no other interpretation other than the scum-being-bold interpretation.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 am

Post by bvoigt »

Incognito wrote:Reading back on BM, what the heck was he talking about here:

Battle Mage (bolded color is my emphasis) wrote:Medicated Lain is also scum. the "digging for gold where there was none" seems to put the emphasis not on the action of digging for gold, but on the (unfortunate?) fact that there was no role to be fished. Every cloud has a silver lining eh? Nice to see another
mislynch
lined up.
Am I reading that incorrectly or is that a real slip?

I think you're right about this. So Green Crayons, Medicated Lain, Incognito, and Yosarian2 are likely town due to interactions with BM. I also get town vibes from camn and Haylen (mostly because of post #10). That leaves Fugitive, Pine, and TripMyWire.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Fugitive »

UNVOTE: Incognito

VOTE: bvoigt

bvoigt wrote:I think you're right about this. So Green Crayons, Medicated Lain, Incognito, and Yosarian2 are likely town due to interactions with BM. I also get town vibes from camn and Haylen (mostly because of post #10). That leaves Fugitive, Pine, and TripMyWire.

Now this is DEFINITELY a scum post. Riding off another player to elimination some scum from an imaginary scum team, then just randomly clearing a couple other people to PoE a scum-team out of fucking no where. This reads to me a lot like he knows Incog is town and is trying to join with him to grab a couple mislynches.

I still need to read back to see if there's more Incog fencesitting and now I want to really focus on bvoigt, but at this very moment I'm a lot more certain on bvoigt than Incog.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:50 am

Post by camn »

Hi from the beach!

vote bvoigt[/]

I'd like to see where this leads..
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:51 am

Post by camn »

Stupid iPod
vote bvoigt
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Fugitive wrote:UNVOTE: Incognito

VOTE: bvoigt

bvoigt wrote:I think you're right about this. So Green Crayons, Medicated Lain, Incognito, and Yosarian2 are likely town due to interactions with BM. I also get town vibes from camn and Haylen (mostly because of post #10). That leaves Fugitive, Pine, and TripMyWire.

Now this is DEFINITELY a scum post. Riding off another player to elimination some scum from an imaginary scum team, then just randomly clearing a couple other people to PoE a scum-team out of fucking no where. This reads to me a lot like he knows Incog is town and is trying to join with him to grab a couple mislynches.

What are you talking about ("imaginary scum team")? I eliminated a few players due to interactions with flipped scum, and two more players that have given me town reads due to their play in general.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Fugitive »

You made a scum team by some magical process in which you eliminated players for no reason rather than a process where you added players for being scummy.

I guess "imaginary" scum team isn't the right word, and I'm having trouble articulating it, but it's kind of like a fake scum team because you made it through means besides putting people on a team for scummy actions.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Fugitive wrote:You made a scum team by some magical process in which you eliminated players for no reason rather than a process where you added players for being scummy.

I guess "imaginary" scum team isn't the right word, and I'm having trouble articulating it, but it's kind of like a fake scum team because you made it through means besides putting people on a team for scummy actions.

I didn't eliminate players without a reason. I eliminated them because they have a low chance of being scum. Also, if you've read my ISO, I already found Pine and Trip scummy.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Well you didn't give a reason for eliminating the first four except "I agree with Incog" and then you just said you thought Haylen and camn were town without elaborating. So from my point of view you gave literally zero reasoning behind anything you did in that post.

And I haven't read your ISO yet, but I still intend to. We'll see if anything turns up.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Fugitive wrote:Well you didn't give a reason for eliminating the first four except "I agree with Incog" and then you just said you thought Haylen and camn were town without elaborating. So from my point of view you gave literally zero reasoning behind anything you did in that post.

And I haven't read your ISO yet, but I still intend to. We'll see if anything turns up.

It might not have been all that clear, but "I think you're right about this" was only referring to the slip that Incognito caught indicating Medicated Lain was town. I think Yos, GC, and Incognito are town because they either attacked or were attacked heavily by Battle Mage.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Fugitive »

So bussing doesn't exist?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Incognito »

The votes on bvoigt are dumb. And I mean really dumb. I can't see what's scummy about what bvoigt said there unless you think he's scum with one of the four people he checked off as town.

Fugitive:
With respect to Pine, being silly is not a scum trait, so I can't even imagine myself somehow flipping that around on him at some point. And yeah, camn really does look the shadiest to me; I'd be willing to push her lynch right now because I find everyone else on the wagon rather town-ish, and I think there's a very high chance that we could find one more scum on-wagon and one more scum off-wagon (assuming a 3-person scum group), but I want to pressure someone who hasn't done a thing all game (i.e. your player slot).

Incidentally, how much of the game have you read? Will you be giving us some kind of a player by player? Because you look like you're flailing right now.

camn:
Are you scum? Why are you voting bvoigt?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Fugitive »

I wasn't intending to do a player by player, but I can. I just assumed it would come out more summary than anything and be redundant for everyone else. I've read the first 6 pages and everything in day 2.

And what's flailing? I get accused of it literally every game I play, town and scum. I'm inclined to believe it's just my playstyle.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Incognito »

I don't know what others have meant by it in your past games but when I say it, what I mean is you look like you haven't really read the game and like you're just irresponsibly throwing votes around since both of the votes you've placed have been completely based on stuff that happened on the exact same page that you placed those votes on.

With the 14 pages of thread, and the info that could be derived from interactions from one dead scum, AND the info that could be derived from a D1 mislynch, I'd think your votes would be based on a lot more reasoning than what you've given so far.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Incognito »

I should note that you're not the only one guilty of this - camn's, Trip's, and Medicated Lain's votes seem to have the same thing wrong with them too.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

D2 VC #1 - The Turning Tricks Votecount

Pine (2) - bvoigt, Trip
Incognito (2) - Pine, Medicated Lain
Fugitive (2) - Incognito, Yosarian2
bvoigt (2) - Fugitive, camn
Not Voting (2) - Green Crayons, Haylen

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch or 5 to No Lynch.
Deadline is July 16th at 11pm Eastern.
Please notify me of any votecount mistakes.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:44 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

bvoigt wrote:So Green Crayons, Medicated Lain, Incognito, and Yosarian2 are likely town due to interactions with BM.
Please actually put reasoning behind this conclusion.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:46 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

That is, "due to interactions with BM" is not reasoning, it's an empty phrase that could be easily applied as-is to any player. Please explain how these four player's interactions are likely town because of their BM interactions.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:38 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

Fugitive wrote:
Incog wrote:Not feeling the Pine-hate; I think he's likely town.
He's being pretty silly right now
but town.

Sadly, Haylen could possibly be town too based on interactions with BM,
but I want to see her finish that analysis.

camn
looks the shadiest to me
of the people who were on the PeregrineV-town wagon.

I've bolded the contradictory parts of your reads for you since you're not being intellectually honest (which is typically a scum trait). They're all lines that you could fall back on to change those reads if necessary. "Yeah, I called Pine town but he's so silly maybe I was wrong." "Yeah, Haylen might be town but her analysis might be bad and therefore scum." "camn looks the shadiest of those people, sure, but that doesn't make her shadier than the people off the wagon."

Understand now? Good.

I'll look around for more after work, if I can't find any I'll concede your point to a single fluke post.
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”