DEFCON Mafia 3.0 - Over, American Victory!

ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Swift Justice wrote:hey toastytoast explain to me why you've got a strong town read on hindu, or did at least idk how many pages ago i read that.

That was a looong time ago. His posts were breaking the "let's speculate!" trend I saw in early game. He's drifted into null now that activity is up.
AV'd flip threw me off quite a bit, so I'm going to re-examine pplz.

@Magua: you missed the option of 3)scum have a code.

Gorilla should post any result he got immediately.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Magua »

Magister Ludi wrote:Why do you think the doc (battleship) would protect gorilla Magua?

It doesn't matter who the battleship protects; it only matters whom the scum think the battleship would protect, if they don't have it themselves. Gorilla as the claimed eavesdrop is a decent choice regardless of who actually has it.

ToastyToast wrote:
@Magua: you missed the option of 3)scum have a code.

Gorilla should post any result he got immediately.

Trust me that I didn't miss it.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by ooba »

Damn you!! I hate you forever for killing me!!

Go town ..
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Ludi, do you still think I need a nuke to the face? You never answered my question from previous day.

- I think ooba might have died because several of us limited our roles down to the fact that we have nukes. Of course, this isn't
confirmed till DEFCON 1 (aka. RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!) but it certainly limited down the potential number of roles.

Going to do my own nightkill WIFOM on Katsuki right now by ISOing him and figuring out why scum would want him dead:

...and as I am ISOing I notice his early posts are completely useless to the town. Thanks Katsuki for your playstyle.

Katsuki early on (#14, #15) liked to disagree with Gammagooey. Maybe gamma felt threatened? Then again, posts like #16 suggest
Katsuki liked to disagree with everyone.

He also probably looked really townie to the scum with posts like #21. Adding substantive content to the game.

Katsuki's reads:

Regfan: town (#34)
Swift Justice: unsure (#34)

and ... hell thats it. Pretty much. Wow, Katsuki gave us nothing to go on. Once again, thanks.

Who knows why he was killed? He looked town. I'm not so sure it has anything to do with who he suspected.

I'd like Magua to explain his inhim read, as I have a contradictory read on him from when I did my big catchup post.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Also, I'm tacking on a vote. See my iso #45 / post #1099 for why.

Vote: Swift Justice

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:59 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Vote:IS

(he should actually be nuked but whatev's)

Stuff

Looked through ooba's iso and gorilla might have been the n1 result- he didn't comment on much so it could just be agreeing with magua about letting scum kill him but given that plus the earlier stuff I've said about him likely being town I don't want him deads.

Vi is a lot shadier than in other games with it but I still think that IS is more likely to be scum

Still think Magua is town

Ludi has looked town plus has Spy's Seal of Townitude

dana is also still town, the read of hez reads as very legitimate

Hindu should absolutely die and Socio can go with him

aaand I'm fairly sure that one of LLD & JUSTICE is scum given both of their early play being off- Between the two I'd nuke LLD first as justice's stating that he's expecting to die looked town and retaliating towards LLD like that would be super ballsy as scum.

Additional reads or clarifications available for the Low Low price of a cookie and asking nicely.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by gorilla »

so uhm

i suspect I'm being fucked with but i'm not sure - these are the results I just got:

meow

kgxqvdezslxqedmxammtkmastmdrvfqobsmtulandvxqmtnqmucuzy

dhuxthwcutxhpqsxodephdqlsqvmicql!

lwegqbvkgmrctvlroevikgfy

actually aside from that first one, it's possible they've ciphered messages with substitution and left out spaces to make it harder to decode. arrangement of letters starting to look like it has some sort of pattern.

Swift Justice wrote:lld
Vi
regfan
hindu
gamma
socio

HOW MANY SCUM ARE THERE IN HERE? I AM BETTING 3 or :oops:

Think LLD is town even if i do not agree w/ some of the things she posts, reasoning seems genuine etc. thought hindu was town early on but that kind of faded. gamma i dunno about. other 3 can burn.

still thinking ludi's scum, and not for OMGUS reasons. probably going to work on a case.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

GAMMA: Convince me you're town. You have 3 posts.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Gammagooey wrote:dana is also still town, he read of hez reads as very legitimate

Sadly I agree with this (the dana thing) but for some reason I have you looking worse now. Still town-leaning, though. Can you explain IS?

Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

Gammagooey wrote:
aaand I'm fairly sure that one of LLD & JUSTICE is scum given both of their early play being off- Between the two I'd nuke LLD first as justice's stating that he's expecting to die looked town and retaliating towards LLD like that would be super ballsy as scum.

OH THIS SHOULD BE GOOD.. WHY WAS I OFF? DELVE DEEP INTO MY PSYCHE.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

Gammagooey, what do you think of me jumping off Lady Lambdadelta in the latter stages of DEFCON 2?
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

Gammagooey wrote:

IDR you calling my early play off at all??? QUOTES? (OH LOTS TO WORK WITH FOR 3 POSTS)
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

If you guys will forgive us for being overly excited, I'd like to point something out:

Gammagooey wrote:Vi is a lot shadier than in other games with it but I still think that IS is more likely to be scum

If Gammagooey flips golden stars in the blue sea, immediately lynch Revenge of Wei.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Does capitalism mean nothing to you people. The price was a cookie you know.

@SJ- The biggest thing was your isos 18-23 with you going off at people at people for small stuff- calling out toasty for acting like quadz looked particularly weird when you had the benefit of knowing who all the scum were when you went after them in metamafia, and the response to Ludi in your 22 was excessively agressive given that you did exactly that in metamafia (along with extensive bussing) (and singing) to get on everyone's good side- You should know first-hand that it can be true and using ALL CAPS to someone generally implies that you think that the other person's points are stupid or not worth listening to.

@Equi- It makes me a little paranoid but I don't think you two would go at each other that hard and then back off if you were both scum- It's a bit of wifomtardation on my part but I don't think you guys would risk it with so many players in the game and only one having to catch onto it if you're both scum.

i think i missed a question but i'll get to it in a sec.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

2 posts!
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Oh the quote thing.
Ga' man wrote:
Faraday's part of swift justice isn't hitting any town notes. Well, he's hitting ONE of having a lot of the same reads that I do (mag/mina/kats town) but that's really not a towntell coming from him.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

And yeah if you've got more questions that you think would help you read me better ask 'em, PROVE UR TOWN is silly and giving reads for stuff you think is weird or disagree with would probably help a lot more.

POST.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:30 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

Gammagooey wrote:Does capitalism mean nothing to you people. The price was a cookie you know.

@SJ- The biggest thing was your isos 18-23 with you going off at people at people for small stuff- calling out toasty for acting like quadz looked particularly weird when you had the benefit of knowing who all the scum were when you went after them in metamafia, and the response to Ludi in your 22 was excessively agressive given that you did exactly that in metamafia (along with extensive bussing) (and singing) to get on everyone's good side- You should know first-hand that it can be true and using ALL CAPS to someone generally implies that you think that the other person's points are stupid or not worth listening to.

the caps was because his point wasn't worth listening to, it's basically the equivilant of saying 'scum like to type in english' in my mind, big fucking deal.

edit: and yeah I still don't like that fucking point. OH GOD FARADAY YOU'RE SUCH A SUPAH BUSSER (despite only ever bussing hard exactly once in a mafia game, ever) IF YOUR READS ARE RIGHT (i.e. agree with you) it means nothing!
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

Gammagooey wrote:And yeah if you've got more questions that you think would help you read me better ask 'em, PROVE UR TOWN is silly and giving reads for stuff you think is weird or disagree with would probably help a lot more.

POST.

GG.

not interesting in a abundance of retarded questions, made my mind up for the most part. just need to decide if i want you or lld dead more.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

woah it's late, an abundance and interested.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Swift Justice wrote:edit: and yeah I still don't like that fucking point. OH GOD FARADAY YOU'RE SUCH A SUPAH BUSSER (despite only ever bussing hard exactly once in a mafia game, ever) IF YOUR READS ARE RIGHT (i.e. agree with you) it means nothing!

it...doesn't though. That's normally a towntell for a reason- because most scum will try to avoid bussing, especially in the early game unless there's a big solid case against a scum partner. You've shown that you're a good enough player to ignore that and it ESPECIALLY applies in this game since there's only one real investigative role to worry about- looking town is absolutely the most important thing for scum to do in this game and I think that if you got scum here you would absolutely bus early and put looking town ahead of everything else to try to get to endgame.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

i don't particularly like or enjoy bussing, and if i was scum here i'd never nuke a buddy or put myself in a position where i had to.
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

(Equinox)

gorilla wrote:No one said "NO DON'T TAKE EAVESDROP IT IS A BAD IDEA" except for maybe ooba, a few people said "hey yeah scum not being able to communicate is bad for them" and I read DEFCON 2 and percy was like, so cool in it and I wanted to see the secret leaks this game.

What sort of encryption were you expecting to encounter when you chose this ability, and did you have a plan as to how to decrypt the leaks you were going to receive?
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
Swift Justice
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Swift Justice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:47 pm

Post by Swift Justice »

lld why did you kill katsuki?
HIGH TIER HYDRA.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:58 pm

Post by gorilla »

Swift Justice wrote:(Equinox)

gorilla wrote:No one said "NO DON'T TAKE EAVESDROP IT IS A BAD IDEA" except for maybe ooba, a few people said "hey yeah scum not being able to communicate is bad for them" and I read DEFCON 2 and percy was like, so cool in it and I wanted to see the secret leaks this game.

What sort of encryption were you expecting to encounter when you chose this ability, and did you have a plan as to how to decrypt the leaks you were going to receive?

probably substitution, was expecting...either more leaks or something with spaces. like I said, I read percy's posts in DEFCON 2.0. I may play around with the leaks later but keeping up with the thread comes first.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”